Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 02:33 PM
tracker stuff
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 02:32 PM
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 02:28 PM

Old March 29th, 2024, 10:36 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default ‘Through the Willow Trees’ [T]

Moonmeadow
| She/they | ShC warrior | Moons: 21 | Purrks: Shadow Fiend |

Moonmeadow finished cleaning through their fur with just a few licks before getting to their paws with a heavy sigh. The feline was tired of mentors shirking on their duties and leaving behind their apprentices, Moonmeadow could never even imagine doing such a thing to Scratchpaw and Shadowpaw, which the only reason on why she had started training Shadowpaw was because the young molly’s original mentor ditching her. Ugh, what a mess. She was sick of it and finally decided to just step up and try and shoulder the dead weight by offering classes and lessons as needed for the apprentices and sometimes even kits of Shadowclan. Someone needed to and the feline couldn’t just leave it to Hawkbite, poor guy is probably constantly on his paws and deserved a break. She made her way steadily to the apprentices’ den where she poked their head in and called for Willowpaw. Through a trail of words, Moonmeadow had heard that the apprentice needed a tour of the territory and was also searching for some lessons on stealth which were both things Moonmeadow was more than capable of doing.

Willowpaw! Hey, kiddo!” The warrior greeted cheerfully, carefully swaying their large tail behind them as they continued, “I heard that you were looking for a tour and some lessons which I can totally help out with!” The warrior had some experience giving out tours now that she had her own apprentices and figured it would be a good start. Weaving through the territory to the Windclan border, hitting a few landmarks on the way there, before walking to the Riverclan border, then Thunderclan border and finishing up with some last few landmarks and heading back to camp. Perhaps they could head down to Moonlit Grotto after the tour as it's sure to be dark by then, for some stealth and night hunting. The excitement of teaching all that they know floods through and courses under the thrum of blood through their body. They were so happy to teach, the confusion of the neglectful mentors came again but they ignored it and walked Willowpaw through the plans for the day.

We’ll start with the Windclan border, then the Riverclan border, then lastly the Thunderclan border. I’ll be sure to point out any landmarks on the way. Then afterwards we can head to some of the general territory to practice some stealth and night hunting. How does that sound?” The feline waited for the apprentice to answer, round ears up, and paws carefully held beneath them as they stilled the excited jitters that were previously running across her fur.
[ @Myling - Willowpaw ]
Old March 29th, 2024, 12:48 PM
evermore haunting~

Bump Policy: Every 5 days! Please do bump me if i forgot! ¦¦ 1 Day if urgent!
My Mood: Sneaky

Default Re: ‘Through the Willow Trees’ [T]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Moonmeadow

Moonmeadow finished cleaning through their fur with just a few licks before getting to their paws with a heavy sigh. The feline was tired of mentors shirking on their duties and leaving behind their apprentices, Moonmeadow could never even imagine doing such a thing to Scratchpaw and Shadowpaw, which the only reason on why she had started training Shadowpaw was because the young molly’s original mentor ditching her. Ugh, what a mess. She was sick of it and finally decided to just step up and try and shoulder the dead weight by offering classes and lessons as needed for the apprentices and sometimes even kits of Shadowclan. Someone needed to and the feline couldn’t just leave it to Hawkbite, poor guy is probably constantly on his paws and deserved a break. She made her way steadily to the apprentices’ den where she poked their head in and called for Willowpaw. Through a trail of words, Moonmeadow had heard that the apprentice needed a tour of the territory and was also searching for some lessons on stealth which were both things Moonmeadow was more than capable of doing.

Willowpaw! Hey, kiddo!” The warrior greeted cheerfully, carefully swaying their large tail behind them as they continued, “I heard that you were looking for a tour and some lessons which I can totally help out with!” The warrior had some experience giving out tours now that she had her own apprentices and figured it would be a good start. Weaving through the territory to the Windclan border, hitting a few landmarks on the way there, before walking to the Riverclan border, then Thunderclan border and finishing up with some last few landmarks and heading back to camp. Perhaps they could head down to Moonlit Grotto after the tour as it's sure to be dark by then, for some stealth and night hunting. The excitement of teaching all that they know floods through and courses under the thrum of blood through their body. They were so happy to teach, the confusion of the neglectful mentors came again but they ignored it and walked Willowpaw through the plans for the day.

We’ll start with the Windclan border, then the Riverclan border, then lastly the Thunderclan border. I’ll be sure to point out any landmarks on the way. Then afterwards we can head to some of the general territory to practice some stealth and night hunting. How does that sound?” The feline waited for the apprentice to answer, round ears up, and paws carefully held beneath them as they stilled the excited jitters that were previously running across her fur.
[ @Myling - Willowpaw ]

Willowpaw
| ShadowClan Apprentice | 7 Moons | She/Her, Female |
| Kitty soft paws [inactive] | Heightened Perception [smell] |

The apprentice's head shot up, startled, as her name was called. Her unprepared ears as listened carefully as they could to the Warrior at the entrance of the den, straining. Her heart gleefully jumped. Training! Finally! She brightened visibly at the Warriors words, and quickly got up from where she'd been lounging around. Willowpaw shook out her fur, that was ruffled from the moss bedding of her nest. ´´Uhm, erm, Y-Yes, I-I do need some training,´´ She mewed quietly. She stifled a small smile of delight as she went over where they'd be going, thought she felt her pelt prickle uncomfortably as she said they'd be going by the Thunderclan border. She stood straight, trying to force a serious and dignified expression on her face, which for the most part worked, but the excited face underneath leaked through the mask of deference in a few places. ´´Th-That sounds, uh, that sounds great!´´ She answered softly.

Her paws were doing the buzzing thing again. Seemingly vibrating like a bugs wings on the inside, like cart wheels on a bumpy gravel road. Begging her to jump or move or do anything to satisfy its need for motion. But she remained still, shaking it off inwardly; she would look like some kit if she submitted to her paws requests. ´´Oh, and, uhm, wh-whats y-your name?´´

WIP Character Site! | Art Shop! | Scroller credit! | Pronouns Page! | DragCave!
Old March 30th, 2024, 09:12 PM
Your Local Spider

Moonmeadow

Oh dear! How did they forget to introduce themself? Moonmeadow gave a chuckle, "Seems I got a bit ahead of myself there, my name is Moonmeadow." The apprentice seemed to be excited about traing at least which was a good sign. Like Moonmeadow always says, no point teaching the unteachable, the only cat unteachable are cats who don't want to learn. The warrior reached to gently ruffle the apprentice with a grin, but made sure to give Willowpaw the time to move away if she didn't really like touch. After, the warrior was quick to start off towards the camp's exit making sure that the apprentcie was following behind them with a glance of sickly green eyes.

It didn't take too long to get to the first destination for Moonmeadow to explain. The warrior slowed to a stop and motioned for Willowpaw to do the same. "We are officially in Shadow's Break! This here is nearby to the Icy Heartlands! Make sure to keep an eye out for any brambles because they like to grow thick around these parts." The warrior bounded forward a few bounces, stopping again by the stream before closing her eyes and taking a dramatic inhale of air. Scenting for the bountiful prey that was only going to grow more abundant as the rest of the iciness of leaf bare fully gave way to new leaf. Moonmeadow opened her eyes and sat down, gesturing for the apprentice to take a seat in front of her.

"I want you to try and pick out as many unique scents as you can. Even ones you can't quite name." The warrior encouraged with a cheerful grin. Having Willowpaw interact with each new landmark and border would do well to help the molly to remember and remain interested in the lesson. Shadow's Break was known for its hunting grounds so it made for the best landmark to play her scent game. Moonmeadow waited patiently for the apprentice, letting the young molly take her time to take apart the air around her.
[ @Myling - Willowpaw ]

Shadow's Break
Croaking Swamp
Sunkissed Creek
Mourning Ruins
Icy Heartlands
Moonlit Grotto

Herondive Hollow
Saltmeadow Marsh
Whispering Wetlands (I don't think we are allowed here due to the mink issue currently...)

Last edited by Dolomedes; March 30th, 2024 at 09:17 PM.
Old March 31st, 2024, 04:36 AM
evermore haunting~

Quote:

Moonmeadow

Oh dear! How did they forget to introduce themself? Moonmeadow gave a chuckle, "Seems I got a bit ahead of myself there, my name is Moonmeadow." The apprentice seemed to be excited about traing at least which was a good sign. Like Moonmeadow always says, no point teaching the unteachable, the only cat unteachable are cats who don't want to learn. The warrior reached to gently ruffle the apprentice with a grin, but made sure to give Willowpaw the time to move away if she didn't really like touch. After, the warrior was quick to start off towards the camp's exit making sure that the apprentcie was following behind them with a glance of sickly green eyes.

It didn't take too long to get to the first destination for Moonmeadow to explain. The warrior slowed to a stop and motioned for Willowpaw to do the same. "We are officially in Shadow's Break! This here is nearby to the Icy Heartlands! Make sure to keep an eye out for any brambles because they like to grow thick around these parts." The warrior bounded forward a few bounces, stopping again by the stream before closing her eyes and taking a dramatic inhale of air. Scenting for the bountiful prey that was only going to grow more abundant as the rest of the iciness of leaf bare fully gave way to new leaf. Moonmeadow opened her eyes and sat down, gesturing for the apprentice to take a seat in front of her.

"I want you to try and pick out as many unique scents as you can. Even ones you can't quite name." The warrior encouraged with a cheerful grin. Having Willowpaw interact with each new landmark and border would do well to help the molly to remember and remain interested in the lesson. Shadow's Break was known for its hunting grounds so it made for the best landmark to play her scent game. Moonmeadow waited patiently for the apprentice, letting the young molly take her time to take apart the air around her.
[ @Myling - Willowpaw ]

Shadow's Break
Croaking Swamp
Sunkissed Creek
Mourning Ruins
Icy Heartlands
Moonlit Grotto

Herondive Hollow
Saltmeadow Marsh
Whispering Wetlands (I don't think we are allowed here due to the mink issue currently...)

Willowpaw

She trailed behind Moonmeadow, taking a look over her shoulder every so often, until they reached a small clearing that broke through the cover of conifers. She settled down in front of Moonmeadow, as they tasked her with sniffing things out. She nodded, and carefully lifted her nose up, and opened her maw slightly to take in more scents. There was a lot of things here, she noticed, and not just a stream, mushrooms and brambles. ´´I-I smell..... herbs, uhm, some prey, and i smell water from th-the stream. Er, theres frog, and th-then a billion other th-things I don't know about,´´ She mewed, still focusing on the scents around her.

Now that she was concentrated on them, all of the scents felt a little overwhelming. The bitter scent of pine was layered over all the others, and a scared mouse scurried somewhere in the undergrowth. There was a panicked vole shuffling around near the water, and a curious bird watching from the trees above, hiding in the branches. The stream was were the odour and fragrance reeked the most, and it felt like if she were right in front of the trickling water her nose would just stop existing and disappear. The herbs were the best and worst scents in the clearing. The aroma of the plants could smell really, really, really good. Or it could smell like actual dung. There was one plant, that made her want to crawl up and just pass out for a season or two. It smelled like all the bad smells in the world combined into one singular plant and then a badger made dirt on it. ´´Th-Theres, uhm, theres a lot by the stream, and the plants smell decent, theres a mouse, bird, vole and maybe something else, and theres just too many scents to count,´´ She mewed, repeating what she'd thought, nose scrunched.
[Heightened Perception has been used! well, technically its perma active ;-;]

Old April 1st, 2024, 07:38 PM
Your Local Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myling View Post

Willowpaw

She trailed behind Moonmeadow, taking a look over her shoulder every so often, until they reached a small clearing that broke through the cover of conifers. She settled down in front of Moonmeadow, as they tasked her with sniffing things out. She nodded, and carefully lifted her nose up, and opened her maw slightly to take in more scents. There was a lot of things here, she noticed, and not just a stream, mushrooms and brambles. ´´I-I smell..... herbs, uhm, some prey, and i smell water from th-the stream. Er, theres frog, and th-then a billion other th-things I don't know about,´´ She mewed, still focusing on the scents around her.

Now that she was concentrated on them, all of the scents felt a little overwhelming. The bitter scent of pine was layered over all the others, and a scared mouse scurried somewhere in the undergrowth. There was a panicked vole shuffling around near the water, and a curious bird watching from the trees above, hiding in the branches. The stream was were the odour and fragrance reeked the most, and it felt like if she were right in front of the trickling water her nose would just stop existing and disappear. The herbs were the best and worst scents in the clearing. The aroma of the plants could smell really, really, really good. Or it could smell like actual dung. There was one plant, that made her want to crawl up and just pass out for a season or two. It smelled like all the bad smells in the world combined into one singular plant and then a badger made dirt on it. ´´Th-Theres, uhm, theres a lot by the stream, and the plants smell decent, theres a mouse, bird, vole and maybe something else, and theres just too many scents to count,´´ She mewed, repeating what she'd thought, nose scrunched.
[Heightened Perception has been used! well, technically its perma active ;-;]

Moonmeadow

Moonmeadow nodded, she could understand being over whelmed by new smells, they remembered leaving camp for the first couple times it almost gave her a headache. Though it was quite the nose that this little warrior had on her, Moonmeadow grinned again, "That's good! It's good to recognize that you have more than just your eyes especially in the barer seasons." The warrior stood up with a soft little hop, acting more like an apprentice than the actual apprentice was but it was all in good fun. Being all work no play lead to sad old cats, which just wouldn't do, Moonmeadow could hardly even think of herself being a grumpy cat like that. The feline blinked her sickly green eyes again before motioning for the apprentice to be at her side again as she padded past the clearing. Onto the next stop...

The warrior hummed a song to themself as they led through the territory, sometimes pointing out some of the odder smells in the air, like the moist damp smell that came with areas that liked to had some herbs, and the strange smell that seemed to follow moss and lichen. Just little things that Moonmeadow has picked up in their time as a warrior and apprentice for that matter. It was their apprentice years when they started to lose their eyes and it was when they gained a new appreciation for the scents and her whiskers. After a fair bit of her rambling about nothing, the warriors finally stopped as they made it to their next destination. The soil beneath their paws have started to turn all soggy, " Lookie here, as you'll see around us our next destination is none other than the Croaking Swamp." The warrior motioned around the warrior-apprentice pair, "Between all of the wet mud and the oh so welcoming slosh of soggy soil, you'll hear the sing song of toads and frogs, what a festive place amiright?" Moonmeadow spoke with a playful sarcasm, the warrior didn't mind the swamp but she knew that it took an acquired taste to tolerate the feel of mud seeping between your toes and into your pelt no matter how thick.

"We'll pass by, not through, but the deeper you go the marshy-er it seems to get so keep that in mind, on the bright side though all sorts of frogs can be found which is a personal favorite of mine." They would hit the Windclan border next. Then go to the marsh's front side where they'll reach the Icy Heartlands next.
[ Note: For simplicity's sake, we'll be going over the Windclan border and say that this was before the mink announcement? Or if you don't want that I can edit this post and we'll head straight to the Icy Heartlands. ]

Shadow's Break
Croaking Swamp
Sunkissed Creek
Mourning Ruins
Icy Heartlands
Moonlit Grotto

Herondive Hollow
Saltmeadow Marsh
Whispering Wetlands (can we just say this takes place before the mink problem for simplicity's sake ;-; )
Old April 3rd, 2024, 07:19 AM
evermore haunting~

Quote:

Moonmeadow

Moonmeadow nodded, she could understand being over whelmed by new smells, they remembered leaving camp for the first couple times it almost gave her a headache. Though it was quite the nose that this little warrior had on her, Moonmeadow grinned again, "That's good! It's good to recognize that you have more than just your eyes especially in the barer seasons." The warrior stood up with a soft little hop, acting more like an apprentice than the actual apprentice was but it was all in good fun. Being all work no play lead to sad old cats, which just wouldn't do, Moonmeadow could hardly even think of herself being a grumpy cat like that. The feline blinked her sickly green eyes again before motioning for the apprentice to be at her side again as she padded past the clearing. Onto the next stop...

The warrior hummed a song to themself as they led through the territory, sometimes pointing out some of the odder smells in the air, like the moist damp smell that came with areas that liked to had some herbs, and the strange smell that seemed to follow moss and lichen. Just little things that Moonmeadow has picked up in their time as a warrior and apprentice for that matter. It was their apprentice years when they started to lose their eyes and it was when they gained a new appreciation for the scents and her whiskers. After a fair bit of her rambling about nothing, the warriors finally stopped as they made it to their next destination. The soil beneath their paws have started to turn all soggy, " Lookie here, as you'll see around us our next destination is none other than the Croaking Swamp." The warrior motioned around the warrior-apprentice pair, "Between all of the wet mud and the oh so welcoming slosh of soggy soil, you'll hear the sing song of toads and frogs, what a festive place amiright?" Moonmeadow spoke with a playful sarcasm, the warrior didn't mind the swamp but she knew that it took an acquired taste to tolerate the feel of mud seeping between your toes and into your pelt no matter how thick.

"We'll pass by, not through, but the deeper you go the marshy-er it seems to get so keep that in mind, on the bright side though all sorts of frogs can be found which is a personal favorite of mine." They would hit the Windclan border next. Then go to the marsh's front side where they'll reach the Icy Heartlands next.
[ Note: For simplicity's sake, we'll be going over the Windclan border and say that this was before the mink announcement? Or if you don't want that I can edit this post and we'll head straight to the Icy Heartlands. ]

Shadow's Break
Croaking Swamp
Sunkissed Creek
Mourning Ruins
Icy Heartlands
Moonlit Grotto

Herondive Hollow
Saltmeadow Marsh
Whispering Wetlands (can we just say this takes place before the mink problem for simplicity's sake ;-; )

Willowpaw

As the ground beneath her paws began slowly turning mushy and muddy, Willowpaw had a feeling she'd be a good chunk less clean by the time they were done with this stop. Croaking Swamp is bit icky, She thought as Moonmeadow stated the name of the landmark cheerfully. As the Warrior circled around, she mewed a quiet agreement that the place sounded like it was brimming with life, and with a look around, it was obvious it was well with plants, "Uhm, yep. Lots of- err, lots of sounds," Though the frogs and toads were having a singing showdown for the grand prize of two bugs, she was practically having a battle to the death with all of the smells surrounding them. Moonmeadow seemed impossibly undisturbed by the abundance of horrible smells, and they actually seemed to enjoy it here.

She was saved from having to sacrifice her poor nose to the swamps when Moonmeadow said they'd be skirting around the edges to the WindClan border. She hoped they'd be skipping over it, too. She'd heard something about minks over there, and from the sound of it they weren't very friendly, and she didn't want to get beaten up by them, whatever minks were. "Uhm, could we c-could we hop over th-the WindC-Clan border?" She mewed with a hopeful glint in her voice. While waiting for a response, she took the short moment she had to pay some more attention to the land around her. She focused on the smells, then she immediately regretted it. She quickly focused back on another sense, the smell of the marsh would be stuck with her for a while now. It felt like the swamp was trying to choke her with scents, all flooding around her like they were curious about the new-comer. The mosquitoes were extremely annoying, and she'd already swatted around 10 away from herself, and many more were sure to come in they're place. The buzzing, croaking, smells, and mud were overwhelming, like small needles to her ears and nose. Each second she began longing more and more to leave the swamp, and she felt like maybe never coming back here again was a pretty good idea. She yanked her attention from the million scents (Or at least tried to), and back to the tour and Moonmeadow.
(Yeah prob best to avoid the windclan border)

Old April 4th, 2024, 10:39 PM
Your Local Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myling View Post

Willowpaw

As the ground beneath her paws began slowly turning mushy and muddy, Willowpaw had a feeling she'd be a good chunk less clean by the time they were done with this stop. Croaking Swamp is bit icky, She thought as Moonmeadow stated the name of the landmark cheerfully. As the Warrior circled around, she mewed a quiet agreement that the place sounded like it was brimming with life, and with a look around, it was obvious it was well with plants, "Uhm, yep. Lots of- err, lots of sounds," Though the frogs and toads were having a singing showdown for the grand prize of two bugs, she was practically having a battle to the death with all of the smells surrounding them. Moonmeadow seemed impossibly undisturbed by the abundance of horrible smells, and they actually seemed to enjoy it here.

She was saved from having to sacrifice her poor nose to the swamps when Moonmeadow said they'd be skirting around the edges to the WindClan border. She hoped they'd be skipping over it, too. She'd heard something about minks over there, and from the sound of it they weren't very friendly, and she didn't want to get beaten up by them, whatever minks were. "Uhm, could we c-could we hop over th-the WindC-Clan border?" She mewed with a hopeful glint in her voice. While waiting for a response, she took the short moment she had to pay some more attention to the land around her. She focused on the smells, then she immediately regretted it. She quickly focused back on another sense, the smell of the marsh would be stuck with her for a while now. It felt like the swamp was trying to choke her with scents, all flooding around her like they were curious about the new-comer. The mosquitoes were extremely annoying, and she'd already swatted around 10 away from herself, and many more were sure to come in they're place. The buzzing, croaking, smells, and mud were overwhelming, like small needles to her ears and nose. Each second she began longing more and more to leave the swamp, and she felt like maybe never coming back here again was a pretty good idea. She yanked her attention from the million scents (Or at least tried to), and back to the tour and Moonmeadow.
(Yeah prob best to avoid the windclan border)

Moonmeadow

Moonmeadow stopped and stared at the apprentice for a few moments in a bout of silent confusion. Why wouldn't she- oh, oh! Oh right, the ban on the Windclan border, how could they just forget something so important like that. It seemed she was running a bit too much on auto pilot with this tour, he gave a soft sigh and with a less cheery tone than usual spoke to the apprentice, "Right, the ban...the umm," the minks, she didn't say it, "Right, well, I forgot about that for a second, so used to doing that next, that I guess I just...yeah, anyways, then to the Icy Heartlands, follow me!" The warrior was back to her usual positive demeanor after the brief slip up. Skirting around the swamp, Moonmeadow began to pad through the different and vast environments of the Shadowclan territory when more trees began to pop up. Some of them were older looking than others and some seemed on their last...legs? roots? Well not great.

Moonmeadow stopped the duo in a clearing and motioned around them with a swoop of her great tail, "Welcome to the Icy Heartlands! Prey is pretty alright and cobwebs are found a plenty here." She smiled, trying to forget the minks and their looming threat but the thoughts had her expression being a bit more strained than she wanted and so she turned away swiftly. Not wanting the apprentice to notice their falter in mood, Moonmeadow filled the air with more rambling. "The Icy Heartlands was named after one of Shadowclan's past leaders, Icestar! That's pretty neat, in my opinion at least." The warrior spoke out as she padded forward, they always liked hearing about Shadowclan's past so maybe Willowpaw was the same? The feline stopped walking again just a tail length away, turning back to glance at Willowpaw and wait to see if she had any questions or if they should just move to the next spot.
Old April 5th, 2024, 02:44 AM
evermore haunting~

Quote:

Moonmeadow

Moonmeadow stopped and stared at the apprentice for a few moments in a bout of silent confusion. Why wouldn't she- oh, oh! Oh right, the ban on the Windclan border, how could they just forget something so important like that. It seemed she was running a bit too much on auto pilot with this tour, he gave a soft sigh and with a less cheery tone than usual spoke to the apprentice, "Right, the ban...the umm," the minks, she didn't say it, "Right, well, I forgot about that for a second, so used to doing that next, that I guess I just...yeah, anyways, then to the Icy Heartlands, follow me!" The warrior was back to her usual positive demeanor after the brief slip up. Skirting around the swamp, Moonmeadow began to pad through the different and vast environments of the Shadowclan territory when more trees began to pop up. Some of them were older looking than others and some seemed on their last...legs? roots? Well not great.

Moonmeadow stopped the duo in a clearing and motioned around them with a swoop of her great tail, "Welcome to the Icy Heartlands! Prey is pretty alright and cobwebs are found a plenty here." She smiled, trying to forget the minks and their looming threat but the thoughts had her expression being a bit more strained than she wanted and so she turned away swiftly. Not wanting the apprentice to notice their falter in mood, Moonmeadow filled the air with more rambling. "The Icy Heartlands was named after one of Shadowclan's past leaders, Icestar! That's pretty neat, in my opinion at least." The warrior spoke out as she padded forward, they always liked hearing about Shadowclan's past so maybe Willowpaw was the same? The feline stopped walking again just a tail length away, turning back to glance at Willowpaw and wait to see if she had any questions or if they should just move to the next spot.

~Willow'Paw~
| 7 Moons | ShadowClan Apprentice | Female, She/Her | Purrks:
Kitty Soft Paws, Heightened Perception [smell]
[a small tortoiseshell she-cat with pale green eyes]
||__________________________________________||

The first thing she saw.
Big, spooky tree.
That was a pretty big no-go, those trees looked scary.
They were just cobwebs, as Moonmeadow said. But they were all knit together in the trees, and there were a few random patches that seemed to have emerged from nowhere.
And it was named after a former Leader.
She wondered if this place reminded those who were close to him that he was gone.
They probably didn't come here often then

Her eyes landed on the cobweb trees again.
She felt
scared.
Something could easily hide in the thick of cobwebs.
If she squinted hard enough, she thought she could see little black lines that were mingling around the cobwebs.
Either those were just little bugs in the trees.
Or something else.
"Uhm, is there anything in th-those trees?"
She squeaked.
She had to stop herself from cringing.
Her tone was like a mouse discovering claws for the first time.

As she recovered from the weird squeal she'd made, she remarked that Moonmeadow seemed untroubled by the clearly dangerous trees, seeming much to cherry for the landmark they were in.
Moonmeadow always seemed a bit hyperactive, if she was gonna be honest.
They seemed impossibly fine with the swamp, the weird trees, and they'd probably still be cheerful if there was a skulk of growling foxes in front of her.
She respected that.

She went back to observing the trees with wary eyes, the little creatures were still there.
She still needed to be on her highest guard.

‎‎ ‎‎ __________________‎___
||‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ||

Old April 8th, 2024, 06:37 PM
Your Local Spider

Moonmeadow

Willowpaw’s voice caught them a bit off guard, the poor thing sounded terribly frightened and the warrior turned to glance at the young molly with concern. Then following Willowpaw’s question, her sickly green eyes turned to the cobweb trees and then sighed softly, they were a bit frightening they suppose. “The cobweb trees don’t really have much life at all, besides the odd caterpillar here and there. Sometimes birds will perch but nothing all that scary.” The warrior spoke reassuringly, or at least tried to sound reassuring. Next on their list after the Icy Heartlands is none other than the Mourning Ruins, but maybe the pair should go to the Sunkissed Creek instead. Don’t want to frighten Willowpaw anymore by going from scary forest to burned ruins. Yep, the creek first, then a border, then the ruins. That sounded like a plan. The warrior gently nudged the apprentice to start walking with her, Moonmeadow remained by her side.

The warrior began to lead the apprentice away from the trees and padded through the terrain of Shadowclan before finally coming across the Sunkissed Creek. Moonmeadow as per usual started with a little spiel of the place as they stopped walking. "This here is the Sunkissed Creek! Pretty good for prey and the likes but has a nasty habit of getting predators for some reason." Moonmeadow wasn't sure why herself to be completely honest. They just like it here they guess, well they like it here so maybe that counts for something. Nothing too special besides that. They weren't sure of any games that would work for this place so Moonmeadow just let the apprentice take in the new area before they moved along to the next spot.
[ @Myling - Willowpaw ]
[ Note: This takes place before the meeting that has announced the lost of Sunkissed Creek so I will be continuing as such. Next post will be Herondive Hollow. ]

Shadow's Break
Croaking Swamp
Sunkissed Creek
Mourning Ruins
Icy Heartlands
Moonlit Grotto

Herondive Hollow
Saltmeadow Marsh
Whispering Wetlands
Old April 12th, 2024, 10:26 AM
evermore haunting~

Quote:

Moonmeadow

Willowpaw’s voice caught them a bit off guard, the poor thing sounded terribly frightened and the warrior turned to glance at the young molly with concern. Then following Willowpaw’s question, her sickly green eyes turned to the cobweb trees and then sighed softly, they were a bit frightening they suppose. “The cobweb trees don’t really have much life at all, besides the odd caterpillar here and there. Sometimes birds will perch but nothing all that scary.” The warrior spoke reassuringly, or at least tried to sound reassuring. Next on their list after the Icy Heartlands is none other than the Mourning Ruins, but maybe the pair should go to the Sunkissed Creek instead. Don’t want to frighten Willowpaw anymore by going from scary forest to burned ruins. Yep, the creek first, then a border, then the ruins. That sounded like a plan. The warrior gently nudged the apprentice to start walking with her, Moonmeadow remained by her side.

The warrior began to lead the apprentice away from the trees and padded through the terrain of Shadowclan before finally coming across the Sunkissed Creek. Moonmeadow as per usual started with a little spiel of the place as they stopped walking. "This here is the Sunkissed Creek! Pretty good for prey and the likes but has a nasty habit of getting predators for some reason." Moonmeadow wasn't sure why herself to be completely honest. They just like it here they guess, well they like it here so maybe that counts for something. Nothing too special besides that. They weren't sure of any games that would work for this place so Moonmeadow just let the apprentice take in the new area before they moved along to the next spot.
[ @Myling - Willowpaw ]
[ Note: This takes place before the meeting that has announced the lost of Sunkissed Creek so I will be continuing as such. Next post will be Herondive Hollow. ]

Shadow's Break
Croaking Swamp
Sunkissed Creek
Mourning Ruins
Icy Heartlands
Moonlit Grotto

Herondive Hollow
Saltmeadow Marsh
Whispering Wetlands

~Willow'Paw~
| 7 Moons | ShadowClan Apprentice | Female, She/Her | Purrks:
Kitty Soft Paws, Heightened Perception [smell]
[a small tortoiseshell she-cat with pale green eyes]

She nodded sheepishly, she'd just practically had her tail fall off in fear because of a few caterpillars! Stars, the useful cat she was going to be. She took one, final, long squint at the trees, she felt like she could now hear the caterpillars. She could certainly see them. Her whiskers twitched in front of her narrowed eyes, and she turned to Moonmead- she hopped up with a tiny yelp, and looked frantically around. She spotted Moonmeadow, already within the pines of ShadowClan's territory, fading to a silhouette. She scrabbled after her, pathetically tripping at one point. She'd fallen quite far behind from the Warrior.

She could smell the creek before she heard it. She followed Moonmeadow, and soon she was within sight of a body of water. It wasn't rushing as fast as she thought water would be. It was slow -sluggish even-, it seemed peaceful; safe. She liked this landmark, just from its first impresson. Her ears flicked to Moonmeadow.... Wait. This place was a literal hive for predators?? Everything had to have something terrifying about it, didn't it? There was probably a whole championship on who could have the most scary things between landmarks! And every year's winner would probably do a-a- a victory dance or something! "Uhm, uh, are there- uh, pre-preda? About the- they- are? N-n-nevermind," she stammered, but she'd lost her trail of word. Her mind was cooking (She should stop letting it do that), and it was cooking big. It thought it was such a brilliant and masterful idea not even the master-est of masterminds could master its mastering. She should go eat the water! Yes, eat it, not drink. And what was she gonna do? She was still embarrassed from her last talking fail. "C-Could we- Could we, er, th-the water? Stop by the water?" She wasn't sure where that came from, last time she checked she didn't have a library of random questions. But luckily the chosen one to ask wasn't too bad, and she could maybe learn something by the creek. She was a few tail-lengths fro the water itself, and she wasn't about to go squabbling over to the clearly deadly and fatal creek without a warriors permission.