Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by Blossom Cry
Today 09:06 AM
"it never rains in...
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 09:05 AM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by ChromeSilver_Hwaa
Today 08:57 AM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Blossom Cry
Today 08:54 AM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by iliri
Today 08:26 AM

Old October 3rd, 2024, 06:41 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

Default as the tide changes, so too do we || p

Larkwing
~<>~
27 moons || she/her || RC Warrior || Kitty Softpaws, Mind Reader, Killer Aptitude T2
scarred, scrawny dilute tortoiseshell; green eyes

Larkwing is not in a good mood. Can you blame her, though? First, she has to brave enemy territory to collect a disobedient apprentice and subsequently gets her bones rearranged, following that she has to get them shoved back in proper alignment and, on top of that, her conversation with Stormstar left her feeling... admittedly, a little gutted (at least that's what her roleplayer is assuming, this interaction is set after that conversation that hasn't happened yet!). And, more than that... she's apparently pregnant now, too. Yay...? Probably...?

The poppy seed she'd taken before the splinting of her leg and her tail left her drowsy, and the absence of adrenaline doesn't do much to aid in making her not nearly nod off. She doesn't want to sleep, her mind is still active and her body's still in so much pain. Plus... there's a certain cat she's hoping to see walk through the den's entrance, blue-grey pelt shining with the glow of a cat who was once again becoming healthy. She'd worried so much for him, and he'd worried for her and... and now she has perhaps a relationship ruining secret to share with him.

They'd never spoken much about the future, never spoken at all about themselves and whatever this... thing they had together was. Clearly they meant a lot to each other, and clearly that feeling was mutual, but... Larkwing wasn't certain it was permanent on Fishfreckle's end. She'd never known something to be permanent before. Would she scare him away? Would she scare herself away? Run away for real this time and raise their children alone? She knows what rejection feels like. She's prepared for that. She has no idea how to prepare for the possibility of acceptance, though.

She smells him coming before she sees him, and her head shoots up from where it had been resting on white tipped paws, lips pursed as a white muzzle pokes into the den, followed by the rest of him.

"Fishfreckle," she greets, unable to restrain her smile despite how nervous she is.

[ @Dark - fishy ]

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Old October 3rd, 2024, 10:50 PM
I'VE BEEN UNLEASHED!

Bump Policy: once every 5 days - 2 if time sensitive
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: as the tide changes, so too do we || p

Fishfreckle

Go With the Flow | Silver Tongue (T1) [Perm] | Mind Reader [Perm]

Upon returning back to camp, Fishfreckle received some horrible news. Amberdusk had told him that Larkwing had gotten herself hurt and was in the medicine den. Not wanting to waste any time, he quickly pushed past the dark-furred warrior and headed in the direction of the den.

By the time he got there, he had worked himself up while thinking about all of the possible ways that the former leader could get hurt. For a moment, he hesitated. He hadn’t waited to learn about specifics, and what if… what if she had gotten herself really hurt? Did he… did he really want to see that?

Taking a deep breath, he steeled himself and entered the den. The first thing that he noticed was her face. She was smiling. It struck him as odd, that one could smile so brazenly after getting hurt. After all, most of his own injuries had been results of either unceremoniously getting dropped on his head, or hitting the aforementioned body part on something or other. It… it was a genuine smile, accompanied by the sound of his name leaving her lips. An odd feeling filled his stomach and an odd warmth that he seemed to get around her at times wormed its way throughout the length of his pelt.

The next thing he saw made him stop in his tracks. Her leg. Her tail. She… Stars above what happened to her? Rooted in place, he just stared at her. Fishfreckle didn’t know what to say or do. He wanted to be angry, he wanted to demand to know who had done this to her, but he just… couldn’t. The anger wouldn’t come.

In place of his usual anger was a feeling whose coming and goings were few and far between, but when it came to her – to Larkwing, it cropped up far more often than before. Fishfreckle was worried for her. He was concerned about the pretty (pretty? Well… it was true…) tortoiseshell, and more than anything, he wanted to make sure that she was okay.

Taking a step forward, he let go of the breath he didn’t know he was holding. ”Larkwing…” He replied softly, features tight with stress and worry. As he drew nearer, he got a closer look at her wounds, and was unable to hide the pained expression that took over his face. He hated this. He hated that she was once again hurt, and he hated that he had been unable to help her.

”Why do you insist on getting into trouble, hmm Larkwing?” He asked rhetorically, touching his forehead to hers in a now common ritual ”I can’t always be there to protect you, y’know. I wish you would stop scaring me like this.”

For a moment he didn’t say anything else as he took a deep breath, inhaling her sweet Larkwing-scent. At some point her voice, her smell, everything that made her, her, had become something he found comfort in. He didn’t know what any of it meant, but he was content with this little arrangement of theirs at the moment.

As he pulled away he licked the top of her head softly before he met her eyes with his own. ”Are… are you okay…?” He asked somewhat awkwardly. Honestly, he wasn’t sure what it was that he was supposed to say. She was clearly not okay, but he didn’t want to be callous and not extend the question to her. He cared about her wellbeing, in his own Fishy way, but being… soft? Yeah, this softness was foreign to him, even if that was what made up most of their interactions nowadays.

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM
fly

Larkwing
~<>~
27 moons || she/her || RC Warrior || Kitty Softpaws, Mind Reader, Killer Aptitude T2

His question makes her uncomfortable, she hadn't meant to get in trouble, to get herself mangled, but the press of his forehead against hers, and the rasp of his tongue between her ears are welcome, injured molly leaning into the touch as much as she could. She doesn't want to ruin this, doesn't want this to be destroyed, but keeping her knowledge to herself would be cruel.

So she'll work up to it.

"I'm... alright," she says, and if that's sort of a lie, then, well... they both already know so anyway, she can put on a brave face. For him. "Could've fought him off," she says, again trying for humor at her own expense. A defensive reflex to protect herself and those around her. "He just caught me off guard. I'll get him next time, I'm a big tough girl, remember?" It's said with a strained smile, an answer about what happened without actually answering.

Before anything else, though, she has to apologize. "Fish, I'm- I'm sorry, for snapping at you after the otters. I didn't- I was just frustrated. But you can't be there to protect me all the time," but... well, hopefully, in the coming moons, there would be very little need for him to 'protect her' from anything.

Tentatively, she stretches out her neck in an attempt to brush her muzzle against his own, trying to steel herself for rejection, trying to steel herself for acceptance.

"There's something I have to tell you," in the back of her mind, she registers that now might not be the best time. She can't run away if it goes bad. She can't escape even if she wanted to. There's a pause as she works herself up to it, and she can't meet his eyes so she looks away, gaze trained on their paws.

"Fish, I'm pregnant."

[ @Dark ]

Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM
I'VE BEEN UNLEASHED!

Fishfreckle

”A tough girl maybe, but big you are anything but,” The blue-grey warrior teased gently. He would play along for now, humor her shenanigans this once. ”If anyone can do it I know you can.” He said in an attempt at encouragement. He didn’t ask what happened, and wouldn’t push the matter unless she herself brought it up. She had told him that she had gotten attacked, and that was all the information he needed in the moment, all that mattered right now was that she was still relatively in one piece.

Next up she apologized for snapping at him about the otters. It was an odd thing to bring up right now, and honestly, he had let go of their little ‘argument’ shortly after it happened. As spiteful as he could be on occasion, he couldn’t find it in his heart to be mad at her for too long. A such he only nodded, in acknowledgment. There was no need for her to apologize, as he had already forgiven her. Not to mention, it was partially his fault for flipping out the way he did, so her anger in that moment had been justified – at least mostly.

As the former leader stretched out her neck, he welcomed and leaned into her soft touch. For a moment, a soft purr escaped him. The moment unfortunately didn’t last long as she pulled away and informed him that she had something to tell him. Inquisitively he cocked his head to the side, wondering just what it was that she had to tell him that she couldn’t even look at him.

When she shared the news, Fishfreckle blinked at the new queen(? This was weird, thinking of her in such a manner). “Congrats…?” He mewed awkwardly. He honestly wasn’t sure what to say, or why she was telling him of all cats. He wasn’t a huge fan of kits, finding them annoying and loud and… well, he could go on and on but that was something for another time.

The small-framed tom found himself a little disappointed but wasn’t sure why. Who was the father? He hadn’t realized that Larkwing was spending time with any other toms lately—

That’s when it hit him. Everything began to fall into place. Her desire to tell him, her inability to meet his eyes, her awkward smile and greeting when he first came in.

“Oh.” He said in realization. Out of all the things he expected to be told when he walked in, him becoming a father was not on his list. His mind went blank as he came to the realization, staring at her, dumbstruck.

He wasn’t quite sure what to make of this, or what it meant. He liked Larkwing enough he guessed, but did she feel the same way for him? What exactly did he feel for her? What did this mean for whatever they had going on between them? Fishfreckle had never really envisioned a future in which he was a father, but it seemed that that was what the future held for him anyway.

Taking a deep breath, he drew closer to her, curling up in a way that he could rest his head gently on her belly. Within the rise and fall of her breathing, his mind was racing with so many thoughts. It was a weird thing, how new life was created. Right now there were kits, his kits inside of her, growing. They were so small right now and probably would be quite small when they were born. So small and insignificant at this moment, but would one day join them and be a part of their daily lives. The silliness of such thinking brought a small smile to his face as he closed his eyes and breathed in her comforting scent.

The small tom didn’t have a family, not really anyway. His father had died while his mother was pregnant, and then his mother and siblings disappeared one after the other. His older brothers, Jaykit and Mosskit, then his older sister Pigeonkit, and lastly his younger brother, Ravenkit were all gone. Each one of their disappearances had taken their individual toll on him and shaped him into who he is today. He devoted himself to the idea of RiverClan and hardly opened up to anyone else after. Other than Larkwing, the only other cat he opened up to and allowed to have an influential role in his life was Cherryswirl, who had become something like a mother to him. She was gone though. Again.

It was because of this, that a small part of him grew excited about the possibility of starting a family. Another part of him grew worried, however. What if their kits died or disappeared? What if Larkwing too left and he was all alone again? What if…

Opening his eyes, he turned so that he could look at Larkwing’s face properly. She was beautiful. He hated that he felt so weird around her, but he was no longer going to deny it to himself at least. From his position, he reached out with a paw to touch it to her ear. He still felt bad. He should’ve been there sooner. He should’ve been able to stop this from happening to her, but he wasn’t. These thoughts reflected on his face in the form of a sad expression, as he moved his paw down to try to turn her face towards him. He offered her a gentle smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes with the whirlwind of thoughts brewing behind them, before finally breaking his silence in the form of a gentle question.

”What do you want to do?”

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; Yesterday at 02:18 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM
fly

Larkwing
~<>~

It takes a moment for her Fishfreckle to understand exactly what she's telling him, and his utterance of a slightly confused 'congrats' almost has her whacking him in the head so the gears there start spinning properly. But he does understand soon after that, and the realization washes over his face in the same way autumn showers cascade from ravine cliffs. Slowly, and then all at once.

It's almost comical, but Larkwing doesn't laugh. She can't bring herself to. Instead she simply watches as her... friend - partner? - takes the time to process, moving to curl against her in a way that's comforting, a way that's not quite normal between them, but their nests were right next to each other anyway, and if they found themselves pressed together in the mornings more than once, well... Lark wouldn't bring it up if Fish didn't.

The contact is easy, it's natural and it's warm, and Larkwing wishes she could stay here all the time. But Fishfreckle's next question catches her off guard, and she can't help the way her body tenses at it.

'What do you want to do?'

What... does she want to do? She has a choice?

"I don't- I don't know," she admits, leaning into the touch as her voice shakes. "Fish, I'm scared. I don't know how to be a mother." There's desperation in her voice, a fearful tremor that she can't hide despite her attempt at doing so. Being open and honest is not something she's good at, but, somehow, it's easier around him.

[ @Dark ]

Old Today, 05:30 AM
I'VE BEEN UNLEASHED!

Fishfreckle

Fishfreckle frowned when he felt the young queen tense underneath his head. He hadn’t intended to make her feel anxious. He just… he wasn’t quite sure how to proceed.

Sitting up, he tried to look her in her eyes. ”Its okay.” He assured her. Was it really? How could he be so sure things would be okay? How could he know that everything wouldn’t fall apart starting now? He didn’t. He didn’t have a clue, but for some odd reason he had faith and believed in Larkwing, and believed in the future. It was an odd, not very pragmatic way of thinking and he wasn’t quite sure how to feel about it.

”I… I don’t know how to be a father. But if it’s you, I know you’ll be a great mother. And… we’ll figure it out together, okay?” An offer, or perhaps a promise, he didn’t know. He just wanted to let her know that he would be by her side throughout all of this, as he had been with everything since they reunified.

This was uncharted waters that he was wading in and he actually had no idea if she would even accept his help. She was scared, and in a way, he was too, but what if instead of wanting his help raising their young ones, she wanted nothing to do with him instead? What if she was mad at him for this?

”Larkwing… I’m sorry…” The spotted tabby mewed in almost a whisper. Suddenly he was anxious about being told off, pushed away by the only cat left who he tolerated and in turn tolerated him. He didn’t know what this… whatever it is, was. All he knew was that right now Larkwing was expecting his kits, which meant that he had to take responsibility and do what he could to watch over and take care of them.

[ @Neptune. A bit short and sloppy, hope it makes sense]

My Characters

My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; Today at 05:31 AM.