Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Springlight
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Ash Comes From Fire
Last post by Bluest+r~
Today 02:29 AM
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by Dark
Today 02:27 AM
ThunderClan Medicine Cat...
by dino.
Last post by HerbalTea
Today 02:26 AM
Finder for Antpaw
Last post by bigbxdwolfz
Today 02:19 AM
Nosy Neighbors [p]
by Rani
Last post by Alchemist Kitsune
Today 02:15 AM

Old March 9th, 2024, 05:52 PM
rainbowsan ♡

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default raising the cub into a lion [duskpaw training compilation]

this is mainly a thread for my own personal use to place all of dusklion's past training. this takes places when she first joined the clan, and is posted here so that it adds to her post count

type of training: battle
teacher: otterfluff

Duskpaw - RiverClan Apprentice

Duskpaw. Duskpaw. It was an odd name, but the dark tabby supposed it would do until she got to have one of the really cool names like Goosefury or Wormbite. The though made her fur prickle with excitement as she pranced over to the warrior's den, poking her head inside. She'd had a territory tour already by the warrior (who was about the same size she was) but she wanted more. "Hey, any of you fluff-butts wanna teach me how to kill a cat??" That ought to wake them up as Duskpaw backed out of the den and took a seat with a grin on her face.

Soon enough she watched as a tall warrior slipped out of the den, brown fur glittering in the early leaf-bare sun. His eyes were a sharp blue and Dusk, who didn't consider herself frightened of much, took a small step back. Woah, whoever this was, he was intimidating. "I don't know if you know it," she stated in an effort to hide her initial reaction, "but I just joined with my brother Fade - well, Fadingpaw now. 'N I've got a good mentor in Smalls - er, Slatestripe. But I want more." And then, with another wide grin and flick of her tail, the overly confident Dusk added, "I plan to lead this Clan one day, so I gotta be the best fighter in the whole forest, of course."

[ dusklion - for post count ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; March 11th, 2024 at 04:51 PM.
Old March 9th, 2024, 06:02 PM
rainbowsan ♡

Default Re: raising the cub into a lion [duskpaw training compilation]

Otterfluff - RiverClan Shield

Sleep was not something that ever really came to Otterfluff anymore, and when it did it was filled with shadowed nightmares that left him more tired than before. So the brown-furred shield was lying away in the den, watching the morning light flicker outside of the den, when a head poked in to block it. An apprentice by the looks of it, and as he narrowed his eyes to see better he recognized the scarred face of their newest recruit. She wanted someone to teach her how to kill, hm? Well... he was experienced with that.

Getting to his paws and slinking out of the den, Otter cast her a sharp glance as he started to analyze her. Confident, bold, perhaps a bit more on the cocky side - but perhaps that was what RiverClan needed these days. They were... much too passive for his liking. "Are you, now?" he questioned as this small cat before him stated she was going to be a leader one day. "Well, you have much work to do if you wish to be a leader. Right now I see nothing more than... a kit."

Turning with a swish of his tail, the brown-furred shield called over his back, "Come along. I can teach you how to use those claws you seem so eager about."

Old March 11th, 2024, 03:57 PM
rainbowsan ♡

Frowning at the larger cat's words, the unique dark tabby let out a frustrated growl. "I know that I've got a ways to go, but I am definitely not some kit." There was no way she was going to be disrespected - she was just as old as some of the cats here who were warriors or on their way to becoming warriors.

She would just have to prove herself to this... this... annoying fluff.

Trotting after the tom and out into the wide, expansive territory that RiverClan owned, Duskpaw gave a lash of her tail. "I'll have you know I've fought off several outsiders before - you can ask my brother 'bout it. Saved his hide a couple times too!" Was she exaggerating a bit? ...That was for her to know and for this bulky bee-brain to never find out as she tossed him a smirk. "So where are we even goin'? Why can't we just train here?"

[ dusklion ]

Last edited by taillow; March 11th, 2024 at 03:57 PM.
Old March 11th, 2024, 04:11 PM
rainbowsan ♡

It was a constant thing he had to remember; that smacking apprentices for being snarky was frowned upon. Otterfluff could feel the itch in his claw though, with each grating word this smaller dark tabby spoke. He kept his gaze focused on the territory before him, simply flicking an ear in response to her. For now he would simply be quiet and continue leading what he was starting to feel was a rather ungrateful apprentice towards the training island.

Upon reaching the land mass he slowed. "We practice in one set area," Otter said finally, tossing a hardened glance towards the apprentice, "because it will not disrupt others who may be hunting or patrolling. And as you can see, this area is clear - so you do not run the risk of... incapacitating yourself." Without sparing a glance the tall brown shield stepped through the shallow puddle of water and onto one of the training "islands", turning to wait for the 'paw.

Old March 11th, 2024, 04:21 PM
rainbowsan ♡

The silence made her want to smash his face between her claws and pluck every whisker from his muzzle. Was it because she had once been an outsider not too long ago? Well, the leader had let them in - ...some sort of fish name with 'star' at the end of it, but Duskpaw couldn't recall it right now in her irritated haze - so the Clan would just have to deal with it.

Stomping her way up to the training island though, she could see now why they trained here. The explanation from the tall warrior only earned a grunted response as she quickly crossed the stream to stand in front of him. "Okay, I get it. Trainin' here - not in the territory." Yeah it made sense... whatever. "Now how do I kill cats from other Clans??"

[ dusklion ]

Old May 19th, 2024, 11:50 PM
rainbowsan ♡

A chuckle drew itself from the seasoned shield. "Patience - perhaps a strength you may need to work on outside of training." Ignoring the sneer from the younger cat Otterfluff gave a flick of his tail. "Run at me, and attack me how you would an enemy From there... we will work on the specifics." He steadied himself, squaring his shoulders so that he was prepared and ready for the apprentice's attack.

Old May 19th, 2024, 11:52 PM
rainbowsan ♡

Sneering as the older tom spoke of patience, Duskpaw's tail simply whipped back and forth. Yeah, yeah. Her brother already got on her enough about her lack of patience, she didn't need other cats doing it too. The shield soon gave the order to attack and the 'paw grinned. Her blue gaze analyzed the crouched form of the warrior, wondering where best to strike...

With a soft growl Duskpaw lunged forward, eyes focused on his right shoulder. At the last moment though she veered off to the other side, setting her hind legs into the ground and aiming to crash into his flank and send him sprawling to the ground.

[ dusklion ]

Old May 27th, 2024, 11:19 PM
rainbowsan ♡

It was clear from the very beginnings what was happening. The apprentice made it clear by focusing too heavily on his right, that she would be going for his left. Just as she pushed off to crash into his flank Otterfluff turned and met her head on. The surprised yelp was ignored as he reared up on his hind legs and pushed her backwards onto the ground and pinned her.

"You gave yourself away," the warrior stated calmly with a swish of his tail as he got off and let her get up, "by focusing too heavily on my right shoulder. Next time, let your eyes art around, do not give your enemy any idea of where you will be attacking."

Old May 27th, 2024, 11:23 PM
rainbowsan ♡

Duskpaw - RiverClan apprentice

Satisfaction had her maw curling into a toothy grin - before paws reared up to meet her and a startled yelp came from her. Duskpaw was falling backwards, her back hitting the ground hard as the older warrior effectively pinned her. "That's not fair!" she yowled, thrashing about in an attempt to get up. Only when the shield got off was she able to scramble up and glare at him.

"I did that so you would think I was goin' for that side, 'n then I switched sides!" This was unfair. Dusk stomped a single paw and glared indignantly at the older tom, who only grinned back at her. "Fine. Let me try again." She was gonna get this right. Backing up and squaring herself with the warrior, she rushed again, only this time she (begrudgingly) took his advice into consideration. She let her gaze flicker, and didn't focus on any particular part. She then darted to one side and shoved her full body weight into his flank, scrambling around to hold him down as he fell.

[ dusklion ]

Old July 2nd, 2024, 02:05 AM
rainbowsan ♡

Amusement glinted in his blue eyes as the Shield took in the apprentice's mini temper tantrum. It wasn't entirely unlike cats of her age to start thinking that they knew everything when it came to battle. At least she had enough sense to try again versus just plain giving up - if that were the case, he knew he would have to speak to Pikestar about what bees in his brain had allowed such a pitiful cat into RiverClan.

This time it was harder to pinpoint where the apprentice would be striking. At the last moment she used her momentum and weight to crash into his side. The force sent him stumbling a bit, but he felt paws hit his flank to drag him further down - before he knew it he was looking up at a grinning dark tabby.

...Whatever words she spoke in victory were effectively cut off when the larger tom reared up and shoved her back, the force enough to knock her paws out from under her and allow Otterfluff to get back to his own paws, surging forward to pin her down - placing a paw on her shoulder and flank. "And never," he stated with a sly grin, "allow your opponents time to regain the upper paw. You will be dead before you can blink." With that he got off and let the apprentice get back to her paws.