Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan

Notice
Applications to join the Staff Team close at 11:59 PM EST today. Get them in while you have the chance!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
The Shadowledge
by BEAR.
Last post by gs29513
Today 12:28 PM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 12:24 PM
Moonpaw hunting training...
Last post by Poprock
Today 12:18 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by squidz
Today 12:14 PM
medical malpractice...
Last post by sock
Today 12:05 PM

Old December 4th, 2021, 09:37 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: Cattail Pond

- Snowleap -
Snowleap raised his head towards the trees, peering up at the sky that was partially shown through the leaves. The air was chilly with a slight breeze ruffling through his long fur. “Not long before it starts snowing...” He thought to himself, padding through the forest with his tail waving behind him, low to the ground and stirring up orange-red leaves occasionally. With the whole situation going on between all the clans during these moons, Snowleap was unsure when he’d see Lynxfall again, though maybe it was for the best (even though he hated to even think that). It’s not like the other tomcat missed him much anyway. The tomcat shook his head. “Hunt,” He thought, “Distract yourself.” With that being decided, Snowleap quickened his pace, swiftly leaping onto a rock and glancing around until he locked eyes onto the familiar body of water. Cattail Pond was the usual place that he went to when he needed time away from the camp or border. Not many cats came here at this time, so late in the day, which was perfect for the tall tomcat. Moving towards the water, he released a breath, easing the tension in his shoulders and trying to find peace in this calming sound of nature around him.
( Your turn, @Saeran )

Last edited by Captain; December 4th, 2021 at 09:38 PM.
Old December 4th, 2021, 10:02 PM
Medicine Cat IRL /j

-- Morningfeather --

The moonlight seemed to shimmer off of Morningfeather's fur, their silver-blue fur having more of a blue hue than usual due to the dusk-sky above and the reflection of the water below them. They emerged from the cool, rather calm pond water, taking their first pawsteps on the earth below them.
Instinctively, they shook their sleek, short fur out, water droplets dotting the ground below with a slightly darker shade than it had been from the dampness. They felt adrenaline rush into their body, up their paws and into their chest, seeing slight movement near them. Their blue-and-green eyes quickly glanced over to the left of them, seeing the dark-furred tom cat just a couple tail-lengths away.
Usually others don't visit this area this late... I wonder if they've noticed me, Morningfeather thought to themself, starting to pad over to the tall, fluffy-tailed cat. Morningfeather opened their mouth to speak, but hesitated to speak at first, realising how calm the tom looked. They shook their fur out again, trying to get themself motivated, and managed to build up the energy to call out to the tom.
"Snowleap? Is that you..?"

@Ryder your go!//

Last edited by Zenoebya; December 4th, 2021 at 10:15 PM.
Old December 4th, 2021, 10:31 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
The moonlight seemed to shimmer off of Morningfeather's fur, their silver-blue fur having more of a blue hue than usual due to the dusk-sky above and the reflection of the water below them. They emerged from the cool, rather calm pond water, taking their first pawsteps on the earth below them.
Instinctively, they shook their sleek, short fur out, water droplets dotting the ground below with a slightly darker shade than it had been from the dampness. They felt adrenaline rush into their body, up their paws and into their chest, seeing slight movement near them. Their blue-and-green eyes quickly glanced over to the left of them, seeing the dark-furred tom cat just a couple tail-lengths away.
Usually others don't visit this area this late... I wonder if they've noticed me, Morningfeather thought to themself, starting to pad over to the tall, fluffy-tailed cat. Morningfeather opened their mouth to speak, but hesitated to speak at first, realising how calm the tom looked. They shook their fur out again, trying to get themself motivated, and managed to build up the energy to call out to the tom.
"Snowleap? Is that you..?"
Settling down at the water’s edge, the dark grey-furred tomcat wrapped his tail around himself. He stared down at his own reflection in the clear surface that the pond gave him. “Stupid…” Snowleap mumbled lowly, frowning before his ears perked up at a distant voice that caught them off guard. The warrior turned his sharp ice-blue gaze towards the sound, gazing upon another cat whose appearance he vaguely recognized from Riverclan’s camp clearing. “...Morningfeather?” He answered, almost in a questioning tone, remembering hearing their name before. Snowleap sat up, straightening himself out to look more mature in front of a clanmate. “What.. What are you doing here?” The tomcat said, pausing at the beginning but only for a moment. He wasn’t too bothered about the company, more or less caught at a vulnerable time. His whiskers twitched, listening to the wind whistling through the trees around them, as he stared at them in a calm silence.
Old December 4th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Medicine Cat IRL /j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
Settling down at the water’s edge, the dark grey-furred tomcat wrapped his tail around himself. He stared down at his own reflection in the clear surface that the pond gave him. “Stupid…” Snowleap mumbled lowly, frowning before his ears perked up at a distant voice that caught them off guard. The warrior turned his sharp ice-blue gaze towards the sound, gazing upon another cat whose appearance he vaguely recognized from Riverclan’s camp clearing. “...Morningfeather?” He answered, almost in a questioning tone, remembering hearing their name before. Snowleap sat up, straightening himself out to look more mature in front of a clanmate. “What.. What are you doing here?” The tomcat said, pausing at the beginning but only for a moment. He wasn’t too bothered about the company, more or less caught at a vulnerable time. His whiskers twitched, listening to the wind whistling through the trees around them, as he stared at them in a calm silence.
One of Morningfeathers silver-blue ears twitched as they observed the dark-furred toms behaviour, listening to the pause there was, noting how he seemed to straighten himself out more after Morningfeather approached. Upon hearing the tom speak, however, their ears shot up swiftly, their mismatched eyes blinking and sparkling with excitement at hearing the tom. One of their front paws lightly brushed the ground, moving in circles as they tried to think of their response to the question that Snowleap had asked. They weren’t sure whether they wanted to tell the truth, or make something up to impress the other warrior. All the emotion from their face and body seemed to drop in an instant, and for a few moments, deep in thought. It took a moment for them to realise this, and put up their friendly act again, smiling at Snowleap.
“Well, I was just going for a quick swim, since I hadn’t been keeping up with that lately... I wanted a more quiet place to practice, away from the eyes of our clanmates. But…” their ears flattened a bit as they let out an awkward chuckle, their grey front paw falling squarely in front of the other. “Well, that didn’t seem to go as I would’ve expected. But… enough about me!” They shook their head, twitching their pink nose, before perking their ears up attentively. Their mismatch-coloured eyes narrowed at Snowleap.
“What are you doing here, Snowleap?” They questioned, looking completely serious for a few moments, trying to put up an act. Their whiskers twitched a few times, along with their ears wiggling, making it hard for them to keep it up. It was mere seconds before they took a small pace back, laughing. “I’m just kidding... I’m only curious, I’m not going to scold you. I don’t usually see any-cat here at this time…” they huffed, shivering at the coolness of the air upon their damp fur. “I don’t recommend going for a swim… it’s cold,” they muttered, putting their weight on their haunches as they sat down, unable to stop their front paws from kneading the earth, restless.
Old December 5th, 2021, 08:57 AM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
One of Morningfeathers silver-blue ears twitched as they observed the dark-furred toms behaviour, listening to the pause there was, noting how he seemed to straighten himself out more after Morningfeather approached. Upon hearing the tom speak, however, their ears shot up swiftly, their mismatched eyes blinking and sparkling with excitement at hearing the tom. One of their front paws lightly brushed the ground, moving in circles as they tried to think of their response to the question that Snowleap had asked. They weren’t sure whether they wanted to tell the truth, or make something up to impress the other warrior. All the emotion from their face and body seemed to drop in an instant, and for a few moments, deep in thought. It took a moment for them to realise this, and put up their friendly act again, smiling at Snowleap.
“Well, I was just going for a quick swim, since I hadn’t been keeping up with that lately... I wanted a more quiet place to practice, away from the eyes of our clanmates. But…” their ears flattened a bit as they let out an awkward chuckle, their grey front paw falling squarely in front of the other. “Well, that didn’t seem to go as I would’ve expected. But… enough about me!” They shook their head, twitching their pink nose, before perking their ears up attentively. Their mismatch-coloured eyes narrowed at Snowleap.
“What are you doing here, Snowleap?” They questioned, looking completely serious for a few moments, trying to put up an act. Their whiskers twitched a few times, along with their ears wiggling, making it hard for them to keep it up. It was mere seconds before they took a small pace back, laughing. “I’m just kidding... I’m only curious, I’m not going to scold you. I don’t usually see any-cat here at this time…” they huffed, shivering at the coolness of the air upon their damp fur. “I don’t recommend going for a swim… it’s cold,” they muttered, putting their weight on their haunches as they sat down, unable to stop their front paws from kneading the earth, restless.
Snowleap observed the other feline, his icy-blue eyes focused on every little movement they did before him. He was that type of individual, being one to watch more than act or speak. Did they suspect the tomcat of anything? Or were they put off by his behavior? Then, as Morningfeather spoke, Snowleap tilted his head ever so slightly, listening to their words and keeping himself from getting too lost in his own thoughts. “Ah, apologies…” The tall warrior murmured, the tip of his tail twitching against the ground, “I didn’t know anyone would come out this late, especially with it getting so close to leaf-bare.” He explained, looking up at the darkening sky, the cold air lingering around the two cats. The change of tone from Morningflower, however, made Snowleap look back at the unexpected company, causing a slight frown to form on his muzzle. His body relaxed when they finally broke their serious stance, passing it off as a simple joke. “Oh,” Snowleap said, licking a patch of fur on his shoulder before turning back to them, “I come here to think sometimes.” He spoke the truth, the tomcat waving his paw towards the pond’s calm clear surface. “And hunt, but it might be too cold for that.” The warrior agreed with Morningflower’s comment. He noticed as he spoke, the other warrior’s anxious actions. “Are you alright?” The tomcat meowed, glancing at their paws and then back up at their face, “You seem… tense.”
Old December 5th, 2021, 12:35 PM
Medicine Cat IRL /j

Quote:
Snowleap observed the other feline, his icy-blue eyes focused on every little movement they did before him. He was that type of individual, being one to watch more than act or speak. Did they suspect the tomcat of anything? Or were they put off by his behavior? Then, as Morningfeather spoke, Snowleap tilted his head ever so slightly, listening to their words and keeping himself from getting too lost in his own thoughts. “Ah, apologies…” The tall warrior murmured, the tip of his tail twitching against the ground, “I didn’t know anyone would come out this late, especially with it getting so close to leaf-bare.” He explained, looking up at the darkening sky, the cold air lingering around the two cats. The change of tone from Morningflower, however, made Snowleap look back at the unexpected company, causing a slight frown to form on his muzzle. His body relaxed when they finally broke their serious stance, passing it off as a simple joke. “Oh,” Snowleap said, licking a patch of fur on his shoulder before turning back to them, “I come here to think sometimes.” He spoke the truth, the tomcat waving his paw towards the pond’s calm clear surface. “And hunt, but it might be too cold for that.” The warrior agreed with Morningflower’s comment. He noticed as he spoke, the other warrior’s anxious actions. “Are you alright?” The tomcat meowed, glancing at their paws and then back up at their face, “You seem… tense.”

“I… don’t think you will have much luck hunting,” Morningfeather mewed, tilting their head, before glancing towards the surface of the pond, which reflected the stars from the sky. “The fish were probably scared off by my swimming, though, they tend to not be very close to the pond’s edge at this time.” they mewled, shaking their front paw out, feeling some water droplets still trapped under their fur. “It was a good idea to pick this spot, since this is a good thinking spot, when others aren’t around. It’s quiet, calm… and if you’re lucky, you can bring prey back to camp when it’s not so cold.”
Morningfeathers tail tip twitched as they let the rest of their body stay still. They listened to what Snowleap had asked, and pondered upon how to answer, letting out a small huff which was reflected in a small, cloud-looking fog from their warm breath mixing with the coolness of the air.
“Well,” Morningfeather started, drawing out the word for a moment, pawing at the ground. “It’s not that I’m… tense. I just haven’t done as much as I would have liked to today. I tried to get it out by swimming, since I had no luck with hunting… but the water is too cold to stay in there long. I should’ve just kept on hunting, since now my fur’s all cold from being wet.”
They stayed completely still for a few moments, looking at their paws, before looking into Snowleaps icy-blue eyes. They opened their mouth, before closing it again, whiskers twitching a few times. Within mere moments, they made their decision.
“Does the water ever bother you?” They leaned in, asking in a low, whisper-like voice, despite knowing no other cats were around. “I mean, your fur... It’s very long. I couldn’t imagine how long it would take for it to dry.”
Old December 5th, 2021, 12:59 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
“I… don’t think you will have much luck hunting,” Morningfeather mewed, tilting their head, before glancing towards the surface of the pond, which reflected the stars from the sky. “The fish were probably scared off by my swimming, though, they tend to not be very close to the pond’s edge at this time.” they mewled, shaking their front paw out, feeling some water droplets still trapped under their fur. “It was a good idea to pick this spot, since this is a good thinking spot, when others aren’t around. It’s quiet, calm… and if you’re lucky, you can bring prey back to camp when it’s not so cold.”
Morningfeathers tail tip twitched as they let the rest of their body stay still. They listened to what Snowleap had asked, and pondered upon how to answer, letting out a small huff which was reflected in a small, cloud-looking fog from their warm breath mixing with the coolness of the air.
“Well,” Morningfeather started, drawing out the word for a moment, pawing at the ground. “It’s not that I’m… tense. I just haven’t done as much as I would have liked to today. I tried to get it out by swimming, since I had no luck with hunting… but the water is too cold to stay in there long. I should’ve just kept on hunting, since now my fur’s all cold from being wet.”
They stayed completely still for a few moments, looking at their paws, before looking into Snowleaps icy-blue eyes. They opened their mouth, before closing it again, whiskers twitching a few times. Within mere moments, they made their decision.
“Does the water ever bother you?” They leaned in, asking in a low, whisper-like voice, despite knowing no other cats were around. “I mean, your fur... It’s very long. I couldn’t imagine how long it would take for it to dry.”
“Oh.” Snowleap responded, looking over at the water for a moment before looking back at his clanmate, “Well, that’s fine. I more or less just need something to clear my head, it doesn’t have to be hunting.” The tall warrior nodded at Morningflower’s words, his ears twitching as he thought about various things while they spoke. He could hear the gentle chirp of crickets in the grass near them, signaling how late it was getting. It wasn’t much of a bother to him though, considering he had nobody back at camp waiting for him. “These moons during the end of Leaffall are quite bothersome,” The tomcat replied, blinking at the other feline with a slight sympathetic look in his eyes, “I cannot wait for when I can fish in Greenleaf once again.” It was true that Snowleap liked the warmer moons, despite what his name said otherwise. He stretched out his front paws for a moment, becoming stiff from staying in one spot for too long. The warrior grew silent, listening to the crickets once more before he heard Morningfeather start asking about his fur, which almost made him chuckle. “Yes and no,” He simply answered, raising a paw and brushing it over his chest fur, “It helps keep me warm when the water is cold, but it weighs me down a lot afterwards. I often have to shake it out a lot and take a long time grooming it down again.” His tail swished a few times while he explained. “I don’t mind though. It keeps me busy whenever I need to keep myself busy if that makes sense.”

Last edited by Captain; December 5th, 2021 at 01:59 PM.
Old December 5th, 2021, 01:50 PM
Medicine Cat IRL /j

Quote:
“Oh.” Snowleap responded, looking over at the water for a moment before looking back at his clanmate, “Well, that’s fine. I more or less just need something to clear my head, it doesn’t have to be hunting.” The tall warrior nodded at Morningflower’s words, his ears twitching as he thought about various things while they spoke. He could hear the gentle chirp of crickets in the grass near them, signaling how late it was getting. It wasn’t much of a bother to him though, considering he had nobody back at camp waiting for him. “These moons during the end of Leaffall are quite bothersome,” The tomcat replied, blinking at the other feline with a slight sympathetic look in his eyes, “I cannot wait for when I can fish in Greenleaf once again.” It was true that Snowleap liked the warmer moons, despite what his name said otherwise. He stretched out his front paws for a moment, becoming stiff from staying in one spot for too long. The warrior grew silent, listening to the crickets once more before he heard Morningflower start asking about his fur, which almost made him chuckle. “Yes and no,” He simply answered, raising a paw and brushing it over his chest fur, “It helps keep me warm when the water is cold, but it weighs me down a lot afterwards. I often have to shake it out a lot and take a long time grooming it down again.” His tail swished a few times while he explained. “I don’t mind though. It keeps me busy whenever I need to keep myself busy if that makes sense.”

“If you ever need to get somethin’ off of your mind, you can always come to me or another cat about it. Don’t you have any littermates you could speak with? I wouldn’t mind listening in, either,” they mewled, their blue and green eyes lighting up. “Or, if you really need to, you can always just stop… thinking. Clear your thoughts completely, even just for a moment,” Morningfeather stood up again, shaking out their pelt, meowing what they’d said nonchalantly. They didn’t seem to realise how their response could come off to others.
“There’s always other ways to hunt, but catching fish in this pond is my favourite. Maybe there’s a way we could still hunt here successfully throughout leafbare, but I’m not sure how that would happen…” they stared at the pond, taking a few steps towards it, and staring at the reflection. They didn’t notice any fish near the surface, and let out a small huff of annoyance, before crinkling up their nose at what Snowleap had said.
“All that fur weighing you down? I could never imagine something like that,” Morningfeather shook their head, overreacting to the statement, before returning to their normal composure. They brushed their chest fur down, looking from that to Snowleaps fur, narrowing their eyes.
“That would be a lot of grooming. Doesn’t it get boring? Don’t you get tired of that..?” Morningfeather questioned. “I wish I could have fur like that for a day, so I could understand it.”
Old December 5th, 2021, 02:39 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
“If you ever need to get somethin’ off of your mind, you can always come to me or another cat about it. Don’t you have any littermates you could speak with? I wouldn’t mind listening in, either,” they mewled, their blue and green eyes lighting up. “Or, if you really need to, you can always just stop… thinking. Clear your thoughts completely, even just for a moment,” Morningfeather stood up again, shaking out their pelt, meowing what they’d said nonchalantly. They didn’t seem to realise how their response could come off to others.
“There’s always other ways to hunt, but catching fish in this pond is my favourite. Maybe there’s a way we could still hunt here successfully throughout leafbare, but I’m not sure how that would happen…” they stared at the pond, taking a few steps towards it, and staring at the reflection. They didn’t notice any fish near the surface, and let out a small huff of annoyance, before crinkling up their nose at what Snowleap had said.
“All that fur weighing you down? I could never imagine something like that,” Morningfeather shook their head, overreacting to the statement, before returning to their normal composure. They brushed their chest fur down, looking from that to Snowleaps fur, narrowing their eyes.
“That would be a lot of grooming. Doesn’t it get boring? Don’t you get tired of that..?” Morningfeather questioned. “I wish I could have fur like that for a day, so I could understand it.”
“Hm.” Snowleap hummed, then shook his head, “I’m not much of the sociable type… but thank you.” The tall warrior wasn’t one to go to other cats with his problems, but he wasn’t one to be rude to those trying to help either. Their next words made him huff in amusement. “If only it were that easy.” He grumbled through gritted teeth, turning towards Morningfeather to stare at them with his icy-blue eyes, “That’s why I’m not in camp much, mostly clearing my head out here.” While he didn’t usually mean to, Snowleap often came off as a cold solitary cat that would snap at anyone who came near. “I’m going to be heading to Lionsbeach tomorrow during sunhigh to hunt seagulls before they’re all gone for Leafbare.” He mentioned, glancing at the pond, “The rivers and ponds aren’t too plentiful anymore, sadly.” Snowleap watched them approach the pond’s edge and look into the clear water before appearing frustrated. “I’m kinda used to it by now, to be honest.” He said, shrugging somewhat, brushing a leaf out of his fur with one paw. The tall warrior looked up at the sky, now filled with stars as Morningfeather questioned him about his grooming habits. “I don’t exactly have a choice in the matter,” The Riverclan warrior mentioned, “I’m not like those kittypets that can get their fur cut when it gets too long.” He shook his head, yawning before looking at his clanmate again. “The worst thing about this pelt, I will admit, is when I go hunting during the rainy moons. Mud is truly awful to groom out of your fur.”
Old December 5th, 2021, 03:48 PM
Medicine Cat IRL /j

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo_driftin View Post
“Hm.” Snowleap hummed, then shook his head, “I’m not much of the sociable type… but thank you.” The tall warrior wasn’t one to go to other cats with his problems, but he wasn’t one to be rude to those trying to help either. Their next words made him huff in amusement. “If only it were that easy.” He grumbled through gritted teeth, turning towards Morningfeather to stare at them with his icy-blue eyes, “That’s why I’m not in camp much, mostly clearing my head out here.” While he didn’t usually mean to, Snowleap often came off as a cold solitary cat that would snap at anyone who came near. “I’m going to be heading to Lionsbeach tomorrow during sunhigh to hunt seagulls before they’re all gone for Leafbare.” He mentioned, glancing at the pond, “The rivers and ponds aren’t too plentiful anymore, sadly.” Snowleap watched them approach the pond’s edge and look into the clear water before appearing frustrated. “I’m kinda used to it by now, to be honest.” He said, shrugging somewhat, brushing a leaf out of his fur with one paw. The tall warrior looked up at the sky, now filled with stars as Morningfeather questioned him about his grooming habits. “I don’t exactly have a choice in the matter,” The Riverclan warrior mentioned, “I’m not like those kittypets that can get their fur cut when it gets too long.” He shook his head, yawning before looking at his clanmate again. “The worst thing about this pelt, I will admit, is when I go hunting during the rainy moons. Mud is truly awful to groom out of your fur.”

“I’m sure it’s not that hard to block out your thoughts. Just clear your mind, listen to the sounds around you, focus on everything but yourself. If for just a moment, it can bring peace, it’s worth it, I think.” Morningfeather mewled, tilting their head again and blinking their eyes towards them, looking sympathetic. “Camp can be busy with noise and can make it hard to concentrate. But if you try hard enough, I’m sure you could!”
Morningfeather looked around, only hearing the crickets chirping and nothing more than that, no rustling, no fluttering of birds wings, and with that, their ears flattened. “Lionsbeach tomorrow will be a good place to hunt. Just hope that they aren’t already gone,” Morningfeather mumbled. “There’s not going to be as much prey as there should be, soon. Hopefully there won’t be too much of a shortage. Even with it becoming Leafbare soon, there’s always other prey we can manage to catch. Let’s just hope there aren’t any scuffles with the other clans about borders and prey,” they licked their chest fur down, before doing the same on their back, their fur finally drying off.
“Grooming a pelt like that, with mud… that sounds like a hassle,” Morningfeather paused, looking at their own fur. “It does beat becoming one of those kittypets, though. I couldn’t imagine anyone wanting to become one. Those dry little rocks that I’ve heard of them eating, and going to what I’ve heard some cats call ‘the cutter....’” they shivered, scrunching up their nose. “I don’t know why kittypets tolerate it.”