The Swift Tiger {p}
Last post by Red'fur
Today 02:13 PM

Old May 2nd, 2020, 09:01 AM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
Eveningpaw gave a small nod Just because I caught one piece of prey doesn’t mean I can pass my final assessment. she thought. She waited again and missed the next fish, but wasn’t discourage. She caught the next one and pinned it down letting it flop a bit. Keeping herself focused she tried again, waiting til the fish was approaching and hooking it, before slamming it onto the ground. I caught three fish. Due to her age, she was pretty lucky, she hadn’t had to apprentice duties any. It was nice.
Grizzlybug grinned as she didn’t let missing a fish discourage her and praised Eveningpaw on her three catches. “Great job,” he purred, “you’ve definitely improved, and with some more practice- as all warriors do- you’ll be catching loads of fish in no time. I’m especially proud that you didn’t get discouraged by the loss of that one fish. No warrior catches every fish they go for! Besides, fishing isn’t life and death nor is it one and done. You can miss a few in a hunting session as a warrior and catch others and no one will be the wiser when you bring your catches back to camp! What would you like to do now?”
Old May 2nd, 2020, 11:21 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post

Grizzlybug grinned as she didn’t let missing a fish discourage her and praised Eveningpaw on her three catches. “Great job,” he purred, “you’ve definitely improved, and with some more practice- as all warriors do- you’ll be catching loads of fish in no time. I’m especially proud that you didn’t get discouraged by the loss of that one fish. No warrior catches every fish they go for! Besides, fishing isn’t life and death nor is it one and done. You can miss a few in a hunting session as a warrior and catch others and no one will be the wiser when you bring your catches back to camp! What would you like to do now?”
Eveningpaw paused,” I don’t think I’ve had much battle training in a while, but I understand if you don’t want to do any battle training.” she meowed hoping he would be interested in battle training.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old May 2nd, 2020, 12:32 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
Eveningpaw paused,” I don’t think I’ve had much battle training in a while, but I understand if you don’t want to do any battle training.” she meowed hoping he would be interested in battle training.
Grizzlybug nodded and pulled himself to his paws, “sure, battle training sounds like a fine idea. You mentioned having trained before, so this can be another brush up like our other lessons. Why don’t you head back to camp and drop off your catches- have a quick meal too if you near one to keep your strength up. I’ll meet you at the training island.” With a nod and a smile, Grizz trotted away into the undergrowth, trusting the older apprentice to know her way to camp and to the training island.
Old May 2nd, 2020, 09:49 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

@Quailsong

"so ....what ya think? We'll start slow and get the feeling of the water first " Bramble meowed . Looking into the pond she gave a small smile.

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Old May 2nd, 2020, 09:54 PM

My Mood: Worried

He looked at the water and said to “tell you the truth my sister who’s in thunderclan always was terrified of water but it always amazed me how cats can swim” @SilentLamb

Last edited by ~dust~; May 2nd, 2020 at 09:54 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2020, 10:08 PM

@Quailsong

She raised a brow "how can one be afraid of water?...And all creatures need to learn how to swim...if not you'll drown..in my opinion it should come as a instinct" she somewhat sighed. " Anywho ready ?" if not she'll just push him in. ..She's been wanting to do that for so long..

Old May 2nd, 2020, 10:12 PM

“Yes”he said “but first can you teach me I’m not the best at swimming” @SilentLamb
Old May 3rd, 2020, 12:00 AM

@Quailsong

"how can I teach you if your not in the water?" she grinned and pushed him in. Or hoped he would . ..unless he didn't move out of the way.

Old May 3rd, 2020, 12:10 AM

He fell in the water soaked and laughed “I didn’t expect that to happen” he said smiling at her @SilentLamb
Old May 3rd, 2020, 02:43 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxneysuckle View Post

He gave a large grin at Fawnsqueak's words. "'M glad ya didn' miss it. Woulda been real sad sittin' 'ere wit'out ya, Fawn-Fawn." Swanfeather leaned over and bumped his shoulder against the other tom's, his eyes bright and glimmering with glee.

Before he followed the other onto the 'blanket', he hopped up and went to grab another cattail. The question had a simple (and fun) answer, bringing Swanfeather to giggle excitedly. "Lookie 'ere Fawn-Fawn," he mewed, padding over the fluff and sitting down. Making sure Fawnsqueak could see, he put his claw over the top of the seed pod, pulling it down and watching the fluff explode out once more. He giggled again as it flew out, coming to cover their paws in soft fluff. "It's real fun to see 'n' do, 'n' it's all nice 'n' soft to lay on!"

Fawnsqueak's gratefulness of the flower crown made Swanfeather feel giddy inside. "No problem! Ya look real gorgeous wit' 'em. 'N' I mean it. Yer real pretty even wit'out 'em. He gave a sheepish shuffle of his paws, pure genuinety in his expression.

"Ya will do fine, Fawn-Fawn. 'M sure o' it. Anyone can learn, ya know!" Swanfeather nudged him reassuringly. "Jus' try, 'n' even if it don' turn out real great, I'll love it all the same." His head tilted to the side, a small, lopsided smile on his lips. The tom then hopped to his paws, beginning to walk toward the trees.

"Now come on 'ere, Fawn-Fawn! We gotta get ya some flowers, ya can't make yerself a flower crown if ya don' have no flowers!"

Fawnsqueak had never thought to rip one of those open, but he watched in wide-eyed wonder as the contents fluttered about until they settled on the ground. "..Huh," he mused quietly to himself and inspected it, head tilted. "We should be lining our nests with this stuff, it's much easier to find than bird feathers.. and pretty much feels the same." It would make for a fun present, and that gave him an idea. "I don't know if you're into this kind of thing-- I'm... well, I personally am not really great with the whole 'kit' ..deal, but they'd probably like playing with these if we could bring some back to the nursery." That was Fawnsqueak's awkward disclaimer that if Swanfeather wanted to entertain and mystify the babies with this, he probably wouldn't be a part of it even if it sounded fun in theory. But kits.. they made him uncomfortable.

"I.. I feel like that's a stretch," he leveled, a small laugh escaping but flattered nonetheless. "There are a lot of things that are pretty, but I'm not sure I'd classify myself as one of them. Without the flowers, I mean. The flowers alone make everything way better. Could probably make a badger pretty." That was a lame joke followed by a cough, a self-conscious scuff of his paws. Great going, redirecting the attention.. can't take a compliment, he had no idea why Swanfeather wanted to be out here with him.

Scuttling after, not wanting to be left behind, Fawnsqueak started scanning the area for flowers. "Any of them? What if they're poisonous or something, or useful?" Okay, maybe he was overthinking this. "I'm not a.. a flower expert or anything, how do I even know which ones look good?" They were kind of similar to him, the same level of pleasing to look at. It was a flower, not much more to it.

everything about us is going to be wonderful