I Don’t Want You to Leave,...
by Dark
Last post by Neptune.
Today 11:52 AM

Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM

Bump Policy: After 1 day
My Mood: Cheerful
Default dream a little dream with me [Irisdream Finder]

Hello, hello! Welcome to Irisdream's all inclusive finder! I created this kitty with some inspiration and now I think she needs some more connections to really flesh out her character.

For more check out their information here!

Irisdream is a physically lovely cat with a complex personality. She may come across as fake to many others, which isn't entirely wrong. However, she does detest being thought of as "prissy". Irisdream was raised by a very strict mother with a very strict set of rules as to what a "proper" she-cat acted like. This has left quite the imprint on Irisdream as an adult. She is very polite and cordial, but also very rigid. Every movement and motion has a purpose. She excels at hunting, and though she loves to swim she strives not to get her pelt dirty with anything too out there (influence from her mother).

She is also highly anxious, though she keeps these anxieties buried deep and may not even recognize it as anxious. She is socially anxious, dreading potentially disappointing anycat or being judged, and she also struggles with intrusive repetitive thoughts. She's keenly aware that most of these thoughts are baseless, but cannot make them completely go away. This is why she leads such a regimented life, because she feels safe in the predictability. If she were human, she would almost certainly be diagnosed with OCD.

Looking for:

Kin
Irisdream's mother Pebblestorm has passed. She was a singleton from her parent's only litter, so she has no legitimate siblings (half-siblings are welcome).

I do have a plot idea that she has one kit, a daughter, from an ex-mate who would be an apprentice's age right now. Otherwise, I don't have any additional family of her's designed. If you're interested in playing her father, or daughter, feel free to comment or reach out!

My idea for the daughter's name to be Kitepaw (warrior name Kitechirp) and she would be a timid and anxious little thing. Irisdream would have tried very hard not to be like her mother, because she hates how her own mother raised her. But in doing so, she would be overprotective and create a socially anxious and agoraphobic child.

Best Friends
Being a best friend for Irisdream would mean being her confidant. This may be challenging at times, because she will more than likely try to push you away still. So a best friend would need to know how to take a step back and then come back again. Persistence and patience would be key in this dynamic. Irisdream does not easily open up.

Friends
Friends would almost fall into the same treatment category as an acquaintance for this cat. As mentioned, she is polite and cordial to all cats and does not easily open up. Friends would be cats she is literally friendly with, the kind of friendliness where you naturally greet your neighbors when you see them out an about but you don't tell your deepest secrets to kind of thing.

Crush/Lover/Mate
As I mentioned earlier, I have an idea where she has an ex-mate and they share a daughter. If you want to play the role of the ex-mate, then let me know! You'd have to be around Irisdream's age, at least where they reasonably would have been apprentices together. They would have been "high school sweetheart" types, but this tom would very much see that Irisdream wasn't always being honest with him, hence why they broke up. Irisdream wouldn't/doesn't understand why they think she's being dishonest, because she struggles with communication and opening up about her feelings. So they reached an impass they could not recover from. This tom would still have a close relationship with Kitepaw and a cordial/tense relationship with Irisdream.

Regarding future romances, if you have any ideas let me know! Wanna play the role of ex and then have them work things out and possibly get back together? I'm open to that idea. With her, I think I'd really have to see how things RP out. That said, one of the things her mother instilled in her is that a she-cat's greatest duty is to bear kits for their clan. So she would be open to at least entertaining the idea of "dating"/courting a tom. She won't just take a mate for the sake of producing kits though, so nothing like that.

I would want Irisdream's longterm mate to be someone who helps her feel a sense of peace in her mind and comfortable around them. Someone who is patient with her and helps her to open up with them, and helps her to find words to express herself.

Rival(s)
Irisdream is petty and passive aggressive. She will never outwardly show that she despises you, or even that she considers you a rival or dislikes you.

It would be interesting to see a cat that truly gets under her fur and is able to get a reaction from her, and then over time they gradually build an understanding and then a friendship. The witty comments and sarcastic remarks would be a fun side of Irisdream to see!

Any other ideas? Let me hear them! No form, just comment any ideas (or you can throw your own form out there if you prefer).