Kittens play-ball!
Last post by HerbalTea
Today 11:35 AM

Old July 31st, 2024, 07:45 PM
losing sanity

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Hungry
Default morning paws final assessment

Risingstorm walked to a good clear area in the forest along side morningpaw today was her? final assessment risingstorm didn't know what to do much as he never necessarily had one well he fought in two battles both resulting in the scars over his body and leg mostly he sighed then looked at morningpaw he knew he was hardly a help in this but he was her mentor and that's what he would do by doing the best he can do the warrior sat down "okay uhh I'm not to sure how to go about this but I believe I need to make sure all your training is satisfactory" he smiled slightly taking a deep breath "Okay lets start with hunting okay?" he said standing up thinking "try to catch two pieces of prey then we can move on to battle experiences " he said

@Oliver

risingstorm is a warrior of ThunderClan if he is needed mention me+-
(art by Dolomedes)
Old August 1st, 2024, 10:54 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: morning paws final assessment

Morningpaw
He/him | TC apprentice | Moons: 6 | No purrks

So here he was... this was it! His warrior assessment! Stars he couldn't even believe that he was here, walking out with his mentor out into the territory to do something like this at just 6 freaking moons!! Though technically, he was almost 7 moons but still! Half the other cats at the meeting would think that he's being given his apprentice ceremony and then bang! Warrior time baby! His green eyes blinked as he looked up to Risingstorm as his mentor stopped and explained the warrior assessment to him. Well, that seems like a simple enough start, right? He's hunted a million times and it's still Greenleaf so this was the best time to be doing this.

"Alright." The apprentice dropped from daydreaming about his warrior ceremony to focusing on actually passing his assessment in order to getting to actually get that. After all, he only had one shot at being a 6 moon old warrior and he sure as hell wasn't going to miss it! Morningpaw turned towards the woods and peered into it for a moment before crouching lower to the ground and taking off into the underbrush. His ears and eyes on a swivel and his muzzle open and lifted in search of any scents hidden away under the earthy forestry scents.

It took longer than he wanted, enough for him to pass plenty of trees but eventually it was the flittering of wings that caught his attention. A bird. Morningpaw hasn't much experience with birds but they just had to be careful about it so he didn't have to go running up a tree for it but also... maybe he could show off his climbing skills by maybe sneaking up on a squirrel in the branches... no no, that's wayyy too risky for what its worth. If Risingstorm wanted climbing from him then he would show off climbing later while he's not hunting.

His eyes zoned in on a crow. It was behind a fern. The apprentice slowed his movements until he was hardly moving at all. His tail low behind him as he very carefully took step after step towards the bird until he was in pouncing range. The wind wasn't particularly strong right now but he was pretty sure that he was down wind, at the very least he was approaching the bird's backside. Also birds didn't have good noses anyways right? because they have beaks and stuff instead of snouts?

Whatever. The apprentice halted, and then after a miniscule shift of his paws, leapt forward. Managing to bang the bird right out of the sky as it tried to lift. While it landed hard and was dazed, Morningpaw didn't waste a moment before slamming his paws down on the bird and finishing the creature with a last snap of its neck beneath his teeth. Great! The first prey down, next was the second piece. The apprentice took a deep breath and dragged the bird from the ground and into a little hole under a nearby bush, throwing some leaves and litter on top so that nothing too curious stole his kill while his back was turned.

The next thing the apprentice did was walk some time away and through the forest a ways, assuming that the bird's panic would've frightened anything else in that area so no point searching when his efforts would be high chance of being futile. It didn't take as long this time to find his next prey, it was a vole, hiding just beneath the surface as it darted up and down from its hole to try and drag this one stubborn dandelion into there to munch on. Well too bad so sad little vole, he had a warrior assessment to finish and you've fallen right onto his paws.

Morningpaw took a small moment to check the wind, though the reason why he found the vole was because of the scent so logically he was downwind from it. Green eyes narrowed and he silently counted the time between the vole's dashes out to the dandelion, there wasn't much of a pattern but he did narrow down that the dirt just barely shuffles from its paws before pulling itself out and that's his cue to pounce. One... two... three! Let's go! The apprentice darted forward and threw his claws at the creature and it dove back down into the hole in a flash. NO NO NO, you were not going to ruin his stardamned warrior assessment. Morningpaw shot a paw straight into the hole and just barely was able to dig his claws straight into the sides of the creature, squishing it against the wall. Then he dragged it out, sometimes needing to rehook his claws and the creature's terrified and pained squealing was annoying as hell, but it was more and more injured and had a harder and harder time squirming until Morningpaw finally managed to throw it from the hole and finish it off.

Ugh, he looked down at the paw he used to dig out the vole, it was covered in dirt. But it was more than worth it for one hundred percent. He lifted his gaze towards the trees, half hoping and half dreading if his mentor had seen that. because it showed dedication, and also there was probably something he could've done to prevent such a sloppy kill. He could've done better but he got two pieces of prey as requested as he walked back to the crow and buried the vole next to it before lifting his head and speaking out to his mentor, assuming he was following Morningpaw and watching his progress and therefore was nearby.
[ @Spider. - Risingstorm ]
[ + 1 Crow | + 1 Vole ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
My Roleplay Tracker | My Roleplay Policies | My Roleplay Finder
Old August 1st, 2024, 11:48 PM
losing sanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post

Morningpaw

So here he was... this was it! His warrior assessment! Stars he couldn't even believe that he was here, walking out with his mentor out into the territory to do something like this at just 6 freaking moons!! Though technically, he was almost 7 moons but still! Half the other cats at the meeting would think that he's being given his apprentice ceremony and then bang! Warrior time baby! His green eyes blinked as he looked up to Risingstorm as his mentor stopped and explained the warrior assessment to him. Well, that seems like a simple enough start, right? He's hunted a million times and it's still Greenleaf so this was the best time to be doing this.

"Alright." The apprentice dropped from daydreaming about his warrior ceremony to focusing on actually passing his assessment in order to getting to actually get that. After all, he only had one shot at being a 6 moon old warrior and he sure as hell wasn't going to miss it! Morningpaw turned towards the woods and peered into it for a moment before crouching lower to the ground and taking off into the underbrush. His ears and eyes on a swivel and his muzzle open and lifted in search of any scents hidden away under the earthy forestry scents.

It took longer than he wanted, enough for him to pass plenty of trees but eventually it was the flittering of wings that caught his attention. A bird. Morningpaw hasn't much experience with birds but they just had to be careful about it so he didn't have to go running up a tree for it but also... maybe he could show off his climbing skills by maybe sneaking up on a squirrel in the branches... no no, that's wayyy too risky for what its worth. If Risingstorm wanted climbing from him then he would show off climbing later while he's not hunting.

His eyes zoned in on a crow. It was behind a fern. The apprentice slowed his movements until he was hardly moving at all. His tail low behind him as he very carefully took step after step towards the bird until he was in pouncing range. The wind wasn't particularly strong right now but he was pretty sure that he was down wind, at the very least he was approaching the bird's backside. Also birds didn't have good noses anyways right? because they have beaks and stuff instead of snouts?

Whatever. The apprentice halted, and then after a miniscule shift of his paws, leapt forward. Managing to bang the bird right out of the sky as it tried to lift. While it landed hard and was dazed, Morningpaw didn't waste a moment before slamming his paws down on the bird and finishing the creature with a last snap of its neck beneath his teeth. Great! The first prey down, next was the second piece. The apprentice took a deep breath and dragged the bird from the ground and into a little hole under a nearby bush, throwing some leaves and litter on top so that nothing too curious stole his kill while his back was turned.

The next thing the apprentice did was walk some time away and through the forest a ways, assuming that the bird's panic would've frightened anything else in that area so no point searching when his efforts would be high chance of being futile. It didn't take as long this time to find his next prey, it was a vole, hiding just beneath the surface as it darted up and down from its hole to try and drag this one stubborn dandelion into there to munch on. Well too bad so sad little vole, he had a warrior assessment to finish and you've fallen right onto his paws.

Morningpaw took a small moment to check the wind, though the reason why he found the vole was because of the scent so logically he was downwind from it. Green eyes narrowed and he silently counted the time between the vole's dashes out to the dandelion, there wasn't much of a pattern but he did narrow down that the dirt just barely shuffles from its paws before pulling itself out and that's his cue to pounce. One... two... three! Let's go! The apprentice darted forward and threw his claws at the creature and it dove back down into the hole in a flash. NO NO NO, you were not going to ruin his stardamned warrior assessment. Morningpaw shot a paw straight into the hole and just barely was able to dig his claws straight into the sides of the creature, squishing it against the wall. Then he dragged it out, sometimes needing to rehook his claws and the creature's terrified and pained squealing was annoying as hell, but it was more and more injured and had a harder and harder time squirming until Morningpaw finally managed to throw it from the hole and finish it off.

Ugh, he looked down at the paw he used to dig out the vole, it was covered in dirt. But it was more than worth it for one hundred percent. He lifted his gaze towards the trees, half hoping and half dreading if his mentor had seen that. because it showed dedication, and also there was probably something he could've done to prevent such a sloppy kill. He could've done better but he got two pieces of prey as requested as he walked back to the crow and buried the vole next to it before lifting his head and speaking out to his mentor, assuming he was following Morningpaw and watching his progress and therefore was nearby.
[ + 1 Crow | + 1 Vole ]

risingstorm waited for the apprentice as the finished the hunting "good job" he said seeing morningpaw came back with two pieces of prey "okay now battle claws or no claws?" the warrior asked

(art by Dolomedes)
Old August 2nd, 2024, 12:48 AM
Your Local Spider

Morningpaw

Morningpaw expected a bit more reaction from his mentor but also at least it wasn't disapproval at what he has achieved so far so that meant he passed the hunting section of the assessment. The apprentice allowed himself a deep breath before sighing and having one more breath to get rid of as much anxiety as possible. Then with a slight nod he opens his eyes with a renewed determination. "Claws. I think it'd be a better show of if I am ready to face other clans in a real battle." Then after a moment to hear his mentor's approval, the apprentice darted forwards, planning to dive right through Risingstorm's front legs to batter at his under tummy. He was small, he was young, but those were things that he could take advantage of, like sliding under full sized warriors just because.

[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old August 2nd, 2024, 09:31 AM
losing sanity

Quote:

Morningpaw

Morningpaw expected a bit more reaction from his mentor but also at least it wasn't disapproval at what he has achieved so far so that meant he passed the hunting section of the assessment. The apprentice allowed himself a deep breath before sighing and having one more breath to get rid of as much anxiety as possible. Then with a slight nod he opens his eyes with a renewed determination. "Claws. I think it'd be a better show of if I am ready to face other clans in a real battle." Then after a moment to hear his mentor's approval, the apprentice darted forwards, planning to dive right through Risingstorm's front legs to batter at his under tummy. He was small, he was young, but those were things that he could take advantage of, like sliding under full sized warriors just because.

risingstorm nodded his head "claws it is" he mewed before the apprentice ran right at him rising was quick enough to jump sideways away to the apprentice he lashed his tail "not bad" he said narrowing his eyes

(art by Dolomedes)
Old August 2nd, 2024, 10:29 AM
Your Local Spider

Morningpaw

Morningpaw let out a short growl as his mentor leapt to the side over him, the black and orange tom halted and pivoted on his paws to remain facing towards the warrior. The apprentice glanced around at the warrior, trying to figure out what he should do, and it would be hell of a lot easier if the cats that he sparred with would actually attack back rather than running tail every time he jumps at them. The apprentice charged again, this time planning to feint running past Risingstorm's left side, only to stop short at his chest and aim to slam a paw straight up into the bottom of his jaw.

Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM
losing sanity

Quote:

Morningpaw

Morningpaw let out a short growl as his mentor leapt to the side over him, the black and orange tom halted and pivoted on his paws to remain facing towards the warrior. The apprentice glanced around at the warrior, trying to figure out what he should do, and it would be hell of a lot easier if the cats that he sparred with would actually attack back rather than running tail every time he jumps at them. The apprentice charged again, this time planning to feint running past Risingstorm's left side, only to stop short at his chest and aim to slam a paw straight up into the bottom of his jaw.

Risingstorm watched as his apprentice as they ran past him but was surprised to take a hit to his bottom jaw good thing his tongue wasnt in the way of his teeth or else he probably would have it cut off the warrior spun around nodding his head and ran at morning paw attempting to tackle the young apprentice

(art by Dolomedes)