by taillow
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 05:21 PM
“The Devil Knows My...
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 05:13 PM

Old June 1st, 2024, 02:03 PM
evermore haunting~

Bump Policy: Every 5 days! Please do bump me if i forgot! ¦¦ 1 Day if urgent!
My Mood: Sneaky

Default nothing to pay a ransom [remade hoshi VA]

This VA includes: Death, Blood, Gore, Vomiting, Depression, Fire, Explosions (:chaos: ), Burn wounds, and more to be added as i write it
I would not recommend reading this if any of them make you uncomfortable or possibly trigger you!

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ You Can Always Come Home, Toby Fox /] «
0:00 ─〇───── 0:00
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Home felt green, home felt like it was always summer, and the heat always beat down on them. Home was safe.

The winters were short, the prey was plenty even then.

At home, nothing could ever go wrong as long as they were together.

The meadows and fields stretched on for what felt like forever, and the flowers swayed in the breeze.

The Sun-Clawed mountains stretched in a wide circle, a calm valley in the middle of it.

Five shapes dotted the large meadow, the clear sky beaming down on them.

"Oof!" She wheezed as Maigo cannoned into her, her found-little-sister grinning as she tried to take the larger cat down. Hoshi flopped to the ground, making a melodramatic wheezing sound. "Compromised!" Mai' shouted, holding a paw down on Hoshi's chest. The three of her group other cheered from where they were watching. Hoshi grumbled affectionately. "Alright, alright! I get it!" Maigo leaped off her. She thought she did a pretty good job at faking being defeated. Shoganai ran forward and congratulated Maigo, nuzzling her with his muzzle. "Great job!" He shot Hoshi a glance while Mai' was looking at the others.
So her masterful trick wasn't completely foolproof.
Shoganai was suddenly the victim of a flurry of sheathed attacks, and he barked a laugh of mock-rage.
The others soon joined in, and soon it was a mockpit of Hoshi, Maigo, Shoganai, Zetsubou and Ikiume.
She was sure this was how the universe meant for them.

They would help each other forget the past, get over the fear it held.

They'd help heal anyone else they came across.

They'd be together.

And they'd be happy, linked together by grief and sadness.

Well, how'd these five meet? So far from what we call the clans and outskirts?
How'd one fall lost, but never found?

Well, lets start with Hoshi's story....

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ Snowdin Town, Toby Fox /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"DADDY! MOMMY!" She squeaked loudly. The undergrowth rustled. Attakai came padding over at her call, Anzen right beside her. "Look at this! Weally cool thing i caught!!" She presented her clapsed paws, and opened them. Inside, was a rather unappetizing bug that had wandered into the cozy thicket of their den from the outside. Attakai grimaced, she had a rather strong fear of bugs, but shifted it into a strained smile. "G-Good catch!" She mewed. Anzen saw his chance. "Oh well dear, how about you take a closer look to see how great our little munchkin is at hunting! Show it to her, Hoshi!" Attakai swatted him with her unusually powerful tail. But Hoshi was already lifting her paws closer and closer to her mother's nose. 'I bet mommy would love to see how it smells!' The abnormally large grasshoppers leg twitched, and Attakai gave Anzen a look like: "Why must you do this to me?". Anzen himself was holding back laughter.

With a long-suffering sigh, Attakai lowered her head, and took the smallest sniff she'd ever seen. "No no Mommy! You gotta sniff weally big! Like this!" Hoshi sniffed the grasshopper loudly, and Attakai looked ready to dip out. Anzen was wheezing with giggles. He covered it up with a hefty bout of coughing. Attakai shot him a glare of indignation, and stuck her tongue out at him half-playfully. She then took the biggest sniffer to ever sniffedy sniff that Hoshi had ever seen. WOW!! Big cats could sniff like that?? Amazing!!

She was just 6 Moons old when it happened. The night everything went wrong and right at the same time.

Her family had this new-found tradition of celebrating everyone's "Moonday", every three moons. If you were 6, you'd get your next Moonday when you were 9.

They'd had a huge buffet for the little kit, she was so precious to them. They'd all had a great time.

Until it happened.

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ His Theme, Toby Fox /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Dog barks muddled with another thing's furious howls could be heard from so far away. Her parents had huddled her into the den as she whimpered, the loud sounds interrupting her Moonnight as they called it. "Mommy, whats happening?" She'd whispered. "Shhhhh" was the only response she got.

Attakai and Anzen had expected the dogs and "thing" to pass right by... but the "thing" seemed to be chasing the two dogs. The huge, pitch black stormed in, like the night sky falling on you.

Except the sky couldn't harm you.

These dogs on the other hand could.

Attakai had shrieked so loud Hoshi had covered her ears, and Anzen had immediately leaped at the towering dogs. He'd fought valiantly, like his life depended on it, because it did. "Get Hoshi outta here! Run!" He tried his best. But a single dog would be too strong, let alone two of them. Razor sharp claws slashed down his chest, and so much blood welled up so that it would've been enough for him to bleed to death in minutes. He'd screamed, so horribly, horribly, that Hoshi sobbed. She would've sobbed anyways without the screams. The small ragdoll had started forward to help her dad, who was almost identical to her, but Attakai held her back. "Let me help him! Please!" She'd cried, over and over. But Attakai seemed frozen in time. The dogs had gouged out one of Anzens eyes, and her mother covered Hoshi's own sparkling blue hues with her tail. The absence of shrieks were enough to alert her that Anzen was......

She peeked between her mothers tail, and the body looked so mangled and horrible. Hoshi looked away before she could vomit, she looked away from one of the two cats she'd known all her life, away from the reality that he was too hurt to ever be a cat again (Her parents hadn't yet taught her about death... they certainly hadn't expected her to learn it the hard way), still sobbing harder than she'd ever done before. Suddenly much heavier, large, pawsteps sounded close by. Her mother screamed again. "What are those things?!" Her anguished cry sounded. She peeked through Mommy's fur again, about to look away again... when something caught her eye, enough to distract her from the gruesome sight.

Huge, bulky, towering creatures were slowly stepping towards the dogs. The things were almost triple her size, even bigger than the dogs. They had rippling, silvery smooth coats, and jaws that looked like they could snap through the biggest tree easily. There were 7 others, even more than the dogs. The one at the lead flicked it's tongue in and out, if she had to guess, it was thinking: 'oooooo delicious how appetizing. oh me, aren't i one clever violence causer?'

Attakai took her by the scruff.
And then she ran away from they're den, they're home. Everything she'd known. Her Mother always said her name meant "Star", and before she'd been so proud of that. But right now, she felt like a rock; useless; a disappointment.

She'd never felt like this before. She was sad, confused, heavy among other things.

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ Berdly Battle, Toby Fox /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

A few hours later, of not knowing what was going on and confusion, Attakai was with her too a Mangle-River, where the Pawless somehow controlled the Captures, seemingly against their will. They roared fiercely, the raspy smell of decay was barely acknowledged as they stopped beside it. "I-I....." Her mother barely whispered. "I-I can't take care of yo-you alone.." She looked torn. Hoshi had a bad feeling about what this meant. "G-Go. Onto the River." Hoshi stared in shock. She remembered Anzen taking her here once: The sky had been clear, the early Green-moon air breezing around them. "Thats the Mangle-River." He'd said, indicating to the rough path of pavement. Hoshi had tried to step towards it, but he held her back. "No, Hoshi. You shouldn't ever go there. Not ever." The seriousness in his voice made her silent.

And yet, here her Mother was, beckoning her onto it. "But-But Daddy said its dangerous!" Attakai looked at her with grief. "I-I needed him to help... i can't." Hoshi felt like something. She didn't know what; unimaginable sadness? confusion? Did she feel betrayed? "No! I'll get hurt!"

"Thats the point" Attakai had said. "I need him. You'll... not help at all." She suddenly lunged at Hoshi. She screamed, trying to escape this cat's grasp. They caught her by the neck. She couldn't do anything, she felt it would hurt too much if they bit down, and she also had feeling they wouldn't hesitate to do it. "B-But, I-I, you, M-Me, Daddy? A-Aren't we?" She should've gone back to help Daddy. Why hadn't Mommy let her fight? Anzen would've been spared the horrible wounds he'd sustained. "Wh-Why don't we just go back and help him?" Attakai snorted. "We can't. He's already dead."

There was a clear tone of sadness underneath the neutral mask they'd put up. Before she could plead anymore, she was thrown onto the Mangle-River.

There was a reason it was called this; Any cat who wandered onto it, was.... "Unkindly put to sleep", as her Father had said it. She'd had no idea what that meant. She didn't know what it meant that he was dead.

A Capture whipped by, its round paws on either side of her. She would've been flattened by its wheels, if she hadn't scooted under it. On the safe side of the Mangle-River, Attakai turned around. "What? Mommy?" Surely this was all just a sick prank? Mommy turned tail and ran. "MOMMY!" She screeched, but it was distorted as another Capture grazed over her. She felt her heart pounding in her chest.

She was frozen in fear and shock. Had Mommy just.. left her here? Why? A bubble of fury popped within her. She just up and at it abandoned her kit ON A MANGLE-RIVER. 'Stop thinking about how bad Mommy is, and focus on, you know, NOT DYING??' She thought, as another Capture barely avoided running over her paw. Hoshi squeaked backwards, but stopped herself as she almost tumbled in the range of the Capture's wheels.

She knew she'd have to run. But she didn't want to follow to the side where Mommy was. Maybe she'd try to hurt her again. Hoshi took a deep breath.

She stood up, but at the same time, another one came. She saw it coming before it reached her, and flight or fight were her two options. Well, until her body decided to freeze. She looked up at it, its soul-less bright eyes shining in the low light. Up, and up, and up.

It was only around two seconds later when it dragged metal over her face.

She wailed. A huge gash opened across her head. Her nose dripped red, and she'd gotten horrendous twin-gashes on either side of her face. She felt one eye loose from its socket, and a long, wide, wound started at her forehead, ran between her two blue hues, tore through her nose and muzzle, and ended at her chin. She writhed, covering her face with her paws to try to stop the bleeding. Her caterwaul grew louder, yet none of the Captures even seemed to notice. Did the Pawless control their sense of empathy too?

Blood swelled with tears leaked to the ground, staining it a shiny maroon color. She needed to find a way to stop herself from bleeding, she remembered Daddy saying something about how you should never let a wound bleed for long. He'd said moss was a good thing to help with this. Hoshi coughed up vomit, and heaved herself from the ground. The Mangle-River was quiet, for now. But she could feel the growing rumble in her paws. She stumbled over to the other side, instead of going back. She wasn't going back.

She wasn't sure she could ever go back, after what just happened.

She left a very clear trail, with an irony scent following it. After dragging herself for what felt like miles, she finally collapsed on the opposite side of where her mother, father and home were. But she still needed to stop herself from spilling blood everywhere. Right now, there was no moss in sight, but maybe that was because everything looked like it was painted red.

She wandered into the thick, dense forest that was on this side of the Mangle-River. Her features were still leaking, and she felt extremely close to passing out. She was thinking she wouldn't make it any longer, when she came across a patch of moss. Hoshi lay down, which was more like she doubled over in pain. She used her small paws to extract the moss from the ground, which was hard. She felt so weak, so puny and small. She reached up to her face, and brushed bone. At the touch, she vomited up puke and blood and mucus. 'How-How does this thing work?' She thought, still recovering from throwing up. Hoshi didn't care; she buried her head in the moss, and pain fluttered everywhere. She whimpered, curling up with her face planted in the lichen. Faintness dragged at her, and she let it, let it take her down into unconsciousness, into the dark, where nothing could disturb her.

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ Fallen Down, Toby Fox /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Its one of those days, where you had to be outside. The sun was shining like it, too, was happy. In the daylight, the shrubland bustles with life, and some of the undergrowth flourished, while others were shriveled and dry. The land is quiet.
But not for long.
"Youw'll neva escape Dadda!!" She shouts, imagining herself galloping at insane speeds. "You neva goina escape!" Hoshi clambers as quickly as she can over the rough landscape. Her second time out and about, and it was practically magical. Her father slows down significantly, as if some force above was helping her imprison the dangerous criminal Dadda was. He stole her mouse!! OUTRAGEOUS. The little kit made (or attempted too) some intimidating sounds. Dadda suddenly stopped running. GASP!! Dadda tripped! Now its the time to catch him!
"Spare me! Hoshi I'll give you your mouse back!" He pleads, the hint of sarcasm in his voice went over her head as she catches up. Hoshi shakes her head, regaining her breath. "Is too late for that, dadda" She says with an ominous foreboding to her stance. "You get da punchment of no mouse eva again!" Dadda flops onto his side. He grumbles. "Nooooo Hoshii. Why must you do this too me?" He moans, "Its just a mouse! Come on!" Hoshi growls, and she leaps at Dadda like a snake. He yelps with surprise, then catches on.

A playful sparring match between the 2 moon kit and her Dadda

It goes on for hours, Hoshi and Anzen giggling and bashing into each other, coming up with tactic and strategies....

But most importantly, they were happy, and having fun........

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ Once Upon a Time, Toby Fox /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

The warmth faded. The happiness, the safety, the better place faded.

Rough moss below her paws, in her face.

.... Her face..

She burst into tears. The sadness felt overwhelming, everything felt like.... she didn't know. Nothing felt like anything that had been before. She couldn't stop the stream of tears. What, why had the past events happened? Why on her Moonday? She let out a choked sob. Why'd her Mother of all cats do that too her?.......oh........ooooohhh.......... 'Silly Hoshi!'. Oh come on, what was she kidding? Dreams were crazy, right? Ehe, right? She stopped her tears forcefully, suddenly feeling much much better. Nothing wrong was happening. Her eyes were still tear-dashed. Ugh, what an annoying thing. ANNOOOOYING. ANNOYING ANNOYING ANNOYING ANOOOOOOOOYINGG. She should WIPE HER EYES AWAY with THE MOSS!! YES, BRILLIANT idea Hoshi. She shook herself with a smile; why was it strained? Nothing was strained here. Weird ehehe.

She got up. Seeee? Just a little bit of physical pain!! Hoshi why were you sobbing your eyes out before? Ehe.

She aimlessly walked, pain so bright in her face that her body was trying to make her collapse to the ground. Hehe, silly body. She kept herself walking. Everything was fine. Just FINE. Alright. SHE WAS ALRIGHT.

She trekked for so long she couldn't count if she could count well maybe but right now she wasn't counting.... Eventually, eventually she came across....... what was this? It was like a Mangle-Ri- -- she stopped herself... something was unnerving about that name suddenly. hehe wonder what -- thing, but instead of rock hard stone, it was two wooden length-wise planks, and in-between those planks, row of rusty metal horizontally stretched as far as the eye could see. Four of these were crossed, like a plus sign.

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ Undertale, Tobyfox /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

A sound warps the quiet...
A twig snaps....

A white and brown head whips around, they're gaze a glare and not a glare at the same....

voice.... a voice calls..... one of youth below hers........

"Our past can't recapture

Its over and its done

No way to recover time;

Those days are already gone......."

"Hello?"

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ You Can Always Come Home, Toby Fox /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Home was warm, safe. So far from what she'd found and lost and found again.

What they'd all lost.

The Sun-Clawed Mountains were like a sign to her: "This is your home. If you see me, you are at home, where you were always meant to be". It was comforting, and it helped her remember: There were new times ahead, new chances and a better life.

And they were going to work towards it, work together.

As a family.

Maigo bounced over to her elder sister. She was always worried about her. Ikiume was affected the worst of them, after the doo doo the world has apparently shot her way. "Iki! Iki iki!" She cheered. Her sister smiled back. There was always that weird, haunted look in her eyes. That night, the sun had still been peeking over the horizon when dark fell. It made it look like there was a dash of light against the oncoming black. "H-Hello," Ikiume said quietly, so much she almost couldn't hear her. Ikiume had an odd, whispery voice, like it had faded so much. Maigo smiled up at her. "Isn't it really really bright? Like, look!" Ikiume looked up towards the stars, looking very well as if she wanted too fly up there to the peace. Her face wrenched and she looked back to the ground. "Hey, are-are you alright?" Maigo jumped. She had a brief moment of panic: 'is it one of them? do they hate me now? why come back now? when i've finally found a new life?' Before she realized; It was Zetsubou. Ikiume nodded at him. Sometimes Zetsubou could be... a little bit of a wildcard. He was so desperate for someone to notice him, so desperate that he'd do anything. They were trying to help him get over that, and he'd gotten less attention-seeking as they grew. She also knew, he'd do literally anything to protect them.

Maigo lay down in the moon-grazed grass. Ikiume and Zetsubou plopped down close to her. They watched the sun sink, lower and lower, until it was only a sliver above the horizon. Sleep drifted peacefully onto them, and while they were in a deep slumber, two other cats joined them under the star spangled sky. She didn't hear as Hoshi and Shoganai lay down.

She didn't dream about fire that night, she didn't dream about anything horrible. Just nice, deep, darkness.

This was where she was going to stay the rest her life.

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ Your best Friend, Toby Fox /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"Next stop in Twelve Minutes"

The weird, monotone Twoleg voice rang out. She could never understand what it said, it was always just a weird concoction of squeaks and squabbles.

Another thing she couldn't understand: The Twolegs that were on the train with them. From the moment she'd been born, she was just here to up the happiness of other Twoleg. She didn't mind though. Maigo grinned at Hitsuke, who looked like he was having a bad day. She was really good at making EVERYONE'S day good! "Heeeelllo good sir!" She cheered. Hitsuke responded with silence. "Are you feeeling a little oooornery?" She teased. Her eyes were hopeful, maybe she'd actually get a response this time! It was rather rare for Hitsuke, who Maigo was pretty sure was just straight up made of stone. "I was fine before you came along." He responded. Maigo stopped herself from flinching.

Hitsuke let out a sneering growl, a tone warning her to back off and go disturb someone else. Maigo didn't go though. She would STAY, no matter what this jerk said. "Oh, sorry about that? Good sir, what may i do for you to make your day BETTER?" She said. Hitsuke turned to her, and drew back his lips to bare his teeth at her. "You could GO AWAY. That would make my day SO MUCH BETTER." He hissed. Hitsuke raised his unsheathed paw threateningly.

Maigo knew she shouldn't deal with him anymore. She knew he was willing to use those claws, whether it was now or later.

Maigo deflated with a sigh, and padded away with her head hanging low. The train's carpet stiffly poked against her paw pads, as they zoomed past the surroundings. There were no places for the five cats on board to rest while the train was in motion, but she'd gotten used to the sensation of whipping past the outside. Every part of the train had something new; an animal section, a diner, an average passenger segment, another diner. She herself didn't even have it fully recognized. She jumped. Music. 'Uuugh. Twolegs have no taste for actual good noises' She did not like this. It was like her ears were being turned in and out.

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ Hotel, Toby Fox /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Every time she came across one of the other cats on the train, they always veered away from her. She'd learned the way of this place fast. Mostly because she was yeeted right into it.

Sighing again, she looked around. This was one of the diner rooms. Maigo always loved it here. Twolegs didn't come to eat while the train was moving, and the music wasn't too loud over the clinking of glass and plates. She stretched the iconic cat stretch. Twolegs had a habit to point whenever she did that. Maigo knew this was what the train wanted them for, so she stretched fairly often.

The blueish lighting with brighter cyan spots made it feel like you were underwater; something Maigo didn't like if it was real, but here, it was comforting. There was a counter on the left side from where she came in, and opposite to that were rows of tables, with a huge window panel for Twolegs to look out at.

She was about to go rummage through the kitchen for food - The Twolegs hadn't figured out it was her yet - when she was thrown forward into the counter. Her head spun, and she felt faint. She stayed still. This had happened many times before; the Twolegs who owned them didn't really care about them, and she couldn't count how many times she passed out from getting her head knocked into a wall or furniture. She'd found a solution for herself though.

Maigo didn't move a muscle, she dind't want to strain her dizzied mind. The fuzzy feeling faded after a while, and the train fully stopped.

"Arrived at Destination." Squeaked the voice.

Maigo bolted to the exit. Twolegs were flooding out to the streets. Maigo of course had tried to escape before, but the attendants always caught her. The other four were also here. They all meow welcomingly, while the Twolegs tried to pat them. Maigo swerved out of the way as the furless-paws reached for the top of her head. She could look all cute and stuff, but that was a big no no.

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ Uwa!! So temperate, Toby Fox /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

For the next few hours, Maigo lounged around, bored. Like she almost always was. Showing up when they arrived at stops, but mostly just trying to not pass out of boredom. It was only at the night hours, when the roving of sands and forest and fields stopped.

The train pulled up by a quiet station, the night air sprawling across the railways. The soft pitter patter of rain echoed from somewhere far away, but Maigo never got to go outside and actually feel the water cascade down onto her pelt. At night, they were shoved into carriers, iron bars hindering they're escape. Not that they could do it anyways, with the doors shutting along a quiet hiss. She deflated. Maigo felt like the nights were so long, and she could barely get any sleep on the bland, hard surface of plastic beneath her. If she did have a good nights snooze, she was often sore when she woke up, and then the sore spot hurt for the rest of they day.

Maigo comically sighed. And then again. And then again but this time louder- "Shut up! I'm trying to sleep!" A voice snapped from beside her. She didn't have to see him to tell that it was Hitsuke. "Well, i have an idea. No, I will NOT shut up!" She hissed teasingly back. When Hitsuke didn't respond, Maigo took a deep breath. 'SSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHH" She said loudly. A long pause. She was about to take another "sigh" when.."AARGH" Growled Hitsuke.

He rattled his cage furiously, sending small vibrations through her limbs. She huffed.

Maigo laid her head down and curled up. She watched the empty seat in front of her cage. Her shoulders sagged, and as slumber enveloped her in its grasp, the night soon slipped by.

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ Lancer, Toby Fox /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

That had been her life for as long as she could remember. She may only be 4 moons old, but she felt older than that, as if she was a full-grown cat on the inside. This day was no different..... for the most part.

Maigo was startled awake, by a pet to her head. She hissed and bared her teeth. She never liked how the Twolegs woke them up, she did't like being woken up by Twolegs at all in the first place, or anybody really. Its HER nappy time so GO HAVE YOUR OWN nappy time instead of DISTURB HER nappy time. Hmph.

The Twoleg saw that she was awake, shrugged, and promptly left. Maigo had an 'i am so done' face on.

She stretched with a grumble, her large floppy ears fanning out as she shook herself from head to toe. Alright. On with the oh-so-boring day.

Maigo started with greeting the Twolegs flooding onto the train. She didn't understand why Twolegs had to be all over the place all the time, and try'd to pet you when you CLEARLY WERE OBJECTING. Despite her low growls and bristles, she always got a bap on hr head at least once per stop. 0/10 would not recommend.

Then she clawed at the door, got called out by Twolegs for clawing at the door, clawed at the door anyways with a smirk on her face, got locked in her carrrier for the rest of the day unless she was being all appealing to other Twolegs. And that was basically it........

But remember how we said for the most part?

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ Hunger, Tobias Lilja /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

The sun was beginning to set, and dusk lurked upon. The activity among Twolegs seemed drowsy, and she knew they got sleepy when night was even so much a sliver too close. Maigo was in the dining room again. It was more so a bar, if she was gonna be honest. She'd gotten dry pellets in the morning, but her hunger was still there. Hunger was not her favorite feeling. Actually, IT SUCKED. Hmph.

She was ransacking the food store they had there, finding a bunch of weird green things, before she got to the real stuff.

The beef.

Maigo gulped it down happily, it was a big steak, and she guessed it was meant to be sliced into pieces. But she here wasn't going to miss out on A WHOLE LOTTA BEEF. Beef, was a rarely found commodity, and none of the other cats snatch it for some reason, even though they must've been able to smell, it right?

She shrugged and continued eating.

When she was almost content with her portion, footsteps alerted her... Beeps. She didn't know what the beeps did, but they seemed to make the train slow down or something.

She slid out from behind the counter, where the fridge was holding the food she'd gone through before. The Twolegs were chattering, worrying.

She perked her ears. The one who led the train shouted something, she could recognize his deep voice almost any day. Unfortunately though, she could never understand what they were rambling about. Maigo a curious 'hmph' noise.

"I-I CAN'T STOP IT!" The Twoleg screamed.

All the other Twolegs erupted into pandemonium.

"WE'RE GONNA DIE!"
"WHAT? LET ME SEE IT!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"
"well, that sucks i guess"
"GET HELP! YOU THERE! HEEEEEEEELLLLP!"

'Oh my god what are you guys squeaking about now?' Maigo thought irritably, covering her ears. The head of the train was only one compartment across, a passenger section in between them. But from where she was standing, Maigo still had a clear view of it.

She was also there to witness it burst into flames.

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ Your best Nightmare, Toby Fox /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Twolegs got up from their seats, shrieking at the highest volume.

Maigo also yowled in fear, and a trumpede of Twoleg came barging her way. What was that weird orangey stuff???? And WHY IS IT TRYING TO KILL HER? The fire was spreading quick. Maigo briefly saw a Twoleg's eyes widen in fear, and then they were consumed by the oncoming orange and red with a scream of agony. Maigo turned and ran along with the Twolegs. They didn't even try to pet her for once, but she couldn't even acknowledge it in the turmoil.

The heat was blistering, beating down on her so that it felt like the fire was right behind her. She risked a glimpse over her shoulder, saw the fire reach where the fuel was stored, and double in speed and size. It felt like her eardrums themselves had shuddered, and it felt like the roof above was going to collapse in on her and the Twolegs.

She made it to an opening between carts, and felt her back paws slip. Something flashed before her eyes: fire, red hot and burning fiercely, and the rails underneath, flickering by at speeds that would shred her if she fell. And then her front paws landed on the other section, and she was running again.

Maigo realized with a lurch of mute horror and fear that there were almost half as many twolegs as before, and some of them held vicious burns... No young ones from what she could see.

She was busy paying attention to the Twolegs, so when another gap between compartments came, she yowled once again with a startle. Her eyes trailed to the ladder that led up to the roof, which she'd never thought to use before because if she stood a wee lil bit too close to the edge and took a wee lil slippy slip, huzzah! No more Maigo! She wondered if she should climb up it. She didn't see any benefit for her, and it would just slow her down-- 'I'M DOING IT? ALRIGHT GUESS WE ARE. Also, WHAT IN THE SUNS NAME IS HAPPENING?' She leaped onto the ladder that reached onto the top of the train, heart pounding fiercely. Smoke crawled into her lungs like termites, and she wheezed up ash. She scrambled on top the still-moving mode of transportation, and ran. It was easier up here, with no tornado of stamping feet in her way. She ran. As fast as she could from the flames. The metal clinked as her claws tapped on it, trying to get a better grip to no avail.

But a face she didn't expect to see next to her was Hitsuke.

"H-Hitsuke? What are you doing here!?" She had to screech over the screams of Twolegs. One compartment had windows, and she saw one fall behind, tripping. They didn't live for very long after, and she had to look back up at Hitsuke before she puked. "Augh, well, thats unfortunate. I hoped you'd die with the fire." He said in a casual voice, like this was just your normal day the park. Not that she'd ever seen a park, mind you. "Well, too bad. Looksie here, I'm still aliv-" Something hit her....... 'He'd been hoping i'd die..... meaning he knew about the fire before hand.............'

"Did you set it?" She said.

Hitsuke scoffed. "Nope. I think something went wrong with the engine." His voice was always low, but now with his smoke-stained lungs, it was even lower. And with the tone of mock-happiness, it sounded much more intimidating. But with the flames lapping hungrily behind them, it felt like nothing. "Yeah, clearly SOMETHING went wrong!" She said through tears had had formed, the heat clawing at her fiercely. Behind them, the fire crackled and roared, gradually speeding up towards them. "I thought the Twolegs knew what they were doing" And under his breath, he presumably thought she didn't hear, he muttered: "Why is it spreading so fast?"

Maigo was bounding as fast as she could, but the fire was faster. Hitsuke was quick, and even through her desperate attempts, he was ahead of her. The train ablaze behind them was gaining on her, while Hitsuke still had well amount of time before the flames caught up. "H-Help me!" She pleaded desperately. Her breaths basically couldn't even be called that anymore, and the felt lightheaded. Hitsuke only snorted in response.

She was going to die.

She was going to burn up, and even if she could outrun the flames, what would she do when she got to the end of the train?

She could only hear the footsteps of three of four twolegs, but she was too scared to care.

One of them shouted:

"ITS GONNA DERAIL!"

And a moment later, when the fire was just brushing her tail with a surge of pain, the train threw itself off the track. Well, apparently knowing Twoleg language would've been VERY useful right now.

At first it was just as straight as it had been on the tracks, but in a different direction.

And then it wobbled, and veered sideways. By now, Maigos torso was completely engulfed with flames, and she was fairly sure she was fully dead. She screamed with pain, her tail and legs roaring with agony, tears running freely.

But then the train fell onto its side with a large slam

She was flung onto the sands, a distance away from the burning wreckage. She was in mid-air for a moment, glimpsing the wreckage: fire trickling onto the desert, a flame engulfed shape, a bright interruption to the darkening landscape around it, the smell of flesh and a body visible here and there, before she dropped into unconsciousness, calm black replacing the burning, pain, confusion and fear.

→ Now Playing:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ » ‎ [\ Enemy Approaching, Toby Fox /] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

She didn't know how long she'd been drowning in quiet silence, when her eyes finally peeled themselves open. Sand. Sand was all she could see, before she yanked her head out of the loose grains and saw around her. 'I'm awake. Yay, i guess?' Was her first thought, before pain flared up so brightly it felt like someone had casually, as you do, ripped her eye out of its socket and used it to gauge the other one out. Maigo let out a choked sob. She quickly glanced at one of her back paws. It was a disgusting, fleshy pale red, swollen and screaming with agony. Her leg was no different, and her tail was usually short, about the size of a fore-leg, but now it looked as if she didn't even have one. Maigo realized she was trembling. This time it wasn't the rumble of wheels, but it was her who was shaking. If she had to guess, it felt like this to be set on fire. Oh wait. THAT ALREADY HAPPENED. She let out a long, suffering whimper.

The day passed by without anything happening, excepting her screaming here and there with pain and writhing and then regretting writhing a lot. Night came without warning, either that or she was just in too much pain to notice. Maigo paused in whatever attempt at healing her wounds she'd been doing, and briefly paid attention to the darkening landscape. She watched the oncoming star-spangled sky crash over the blue that had been there before. She realized she needed to get herself back together. Because with night, came lethal cold and venomous snakes.
How did she get out of this predicament, was the main thought on her mind, Should she dig a burrow? Maybe she could crawl over to the wreckage and take shelter. Should she just face whatever the darkness held head on? Maigo was so deep in thought, and still in so much pain so she had to focus on those thoughts even more, that she didn't noticed the gruff yet quiet wheeze coming from nearby. Maigo almost shrieked aloud when a large shape loomed over her. This was the end. Some huge, desert monster was going to eat her alive and it'd all be over. And for what? Go on a little trip on a train and then die miserably? That wasn't a life at all! Maigo was ready to salute to herself and lay down her life and dig her own grave, burying her head in the sands, when she realized it was Hitsuke. "You again." There was a clear tone of disappointment in his voice from what she could hear. But for once it felt like she'd caught something more in his words. "You're still not dead." Maigo lashed her tail, then immediately regretted it as pain ricocheted around inside her. "Well, incase you couldn't tell, I'm not exactly in the best condition." She said through gritted teeth. A cold, night wind swept through the shifting sands, throwing some of it into her face. A pack of coyotes howled in the distance, sending shivers along her spine. Maigo realized she was bristling. "Well, incase you couldn't tell I'm not in the greatest of shape either." Maigo had been lying with her face to the ground, and now she finally looked up. Her eyes widened as big as the moon when she saw Hitsuke's face. Half of his head had been melted away, and his right eye was lowered alarmingly low. She took a strained breath through her teeth. "Soooooo..." Surely Hitsuke would help her. Surely they'd be able to work together and figure something out. "Team up for the night?" Her voice was as cherry and welcoming as she could make it. "Me? YOU? N-Neve-! -- He flinched with pain--Uh. You kn-know what? Sure. I guess." He sounded nervous. Well mission half-accomplished-even-though-there-wasn't-even-a-mission-in-the-first-place: make Hitsuke feel anything but nothing. Maigo let out a grunt.

The first thing they did was trying to get Maigo onto her legs again. Hitsuke said that it was practically impossible, and she deflated. Maigo; The dead weight. Maigo; The one who you don't want to travel with because she can't walk. Maigo; Is pretty stupid.

[wip!]

|| WIP Character Site! || Art Shop! || Scroller credit! || Pronouns Page! || Roleplay Tracker! ||

Last edited by Myling; June 23rd, 2024 at 08:42 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2024, 03:17 PM
evermore haunting~

Default Re: nothing to pay a ransom [remade hoshi VA]

Done w/ Hoshi!!! Working on Maigo next!

this was not meant to be three thousand words what where'd that come from-??

|| WIP Character Site! || Art Shop! || Scroller credit! || Pronouns Page! || Roleplay Tracker! ||

Last edited by Myling; June 3rd, 2024 at 03:44 PM.
Old June 10th, 2024, 03:40 PM
evermore haunting~

added more to maigos section! haven't reread it though ;- ;

Old June 23rd, 2024, 08:43 AM
evermore haunting~

bumpin dis for no reason :3

I didn't expect that many trigger warnings and certainly didn't expect it to be around 7k words long??