Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Roses in the Forest [P]...
by ollie
Last post by Weekend-Wondering
Today 07:15 PM
Whispering Wetlands
by BEAR.
Last post by furrensic
Today 07:10 PM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 07:10 PM
Ravenpaw Finder
Last post by Idiotic.Bean101
Today 07:01 PM

Old May 15th, 2023, 01:59 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Once upon a weeping willow

We lay my love and I beneath the weeping willow.
But now alone I lie and weep beside the tree.

Singing 'Oh willow waly' by the tree that weeps with me.
Singing 'Oh willow waly' till my lover return to me.

Please do not post here unless prior arrangements were made

Somewhere within the outskirts, an unidentified place, stands a large and ancient willow tree, scarred with memories past.
Below its long branches, is what resembles a small clearing, filled with various plants and flowers, and a tiny flower-decorated nest near the trunk. Through the centre, runs a thin little stream, just deep enough for a kitten to wet their paws in.

The area is green and home to many birds and bugs, though generally scarce in prey.
It forms the secret base of a young kitten once named Amaris, now known as Nyx. They spend their days there playing and dreaming, escaping the world.

Every so often, a friendly outsider or lost clan cat passes by to take shelter below the tree. Nyx welcomes them with open (though cautious) paws, enjoying the stories they sometimes tell her.

Old May 15th, 2023, 03:10 PM
Still staring nervously

Default Re: Once upon a weeping willow

It felt... Nice here. It wasn't every day that things felt nice. Her mama was often upset and gloomy, though the young child was largely unaware of it. All she knew is that Mama didn't look happy. What even was 'looking happy'? It was a strange term. In the child's mind, her mama had to be happy. But, if her reflection went that far, what did it even mean 'being happy'? The world was a strange and confusing place, and so was the mind, the young child had long realised that. There was so much they didn't understand, it all just happened. And they smiled through it, blissfully unaware of their situation and the conditions of their keeping. Having barely learned how to walk, the baby waddled through the forest, guided by a soft light peeking through the trees.

'bwwp' made little baby sounds, dark paws cautiously hitting the sun-lit ground below. Droopy green and blue eyes watched in wonder as their paw, illuminated by the light, became clearer than before. It was fascinating. With careful steps, the moon's child drew closer into the sunlight, their fur gradually warming up. It opposed the usual darkness. But it felt kind of... Nice. With quiet steps, looking back but once to whence she came, the munchkin followed the sun-lit path. Intrigued, Nyx followed old traces on the ground to a large, and old willow tree. To them, it looked as though the weeping tree was shining in the sunlight. It was imposingly tall, yet curiously, its branches nearly touched the ground. Before the huge tree, illuminated by the sunlight, the munchkin looked up to what would soon become her secret base.

Birds chirped. A little squirrel chattered, the rare animal of these surroundings. With cautious steps, Nyx had pushed aside a single branch of the tree, the passage just small enough for them to pass. There, they found a little clearing. In awe Nyx hadn't paid attention to where they walked, jumping with a high-pitched squeak when their paw suddenly got wet -- it was a little stream; its water clear as it ran below the weeping tree. It was small, however, tiny enough even for her to step over. All around her, were flowers, bugs, and plants. The trunk looked old and battered, and as she placed a tiny paw against it, it was as though she could feel the past - the age - curse through the tree. Turning around, she watched its lengthy branches sway in the wind like a warm hug, sunlight peeking through like little stars in the night sky.

A warm feeling erupted inside the kitten's chest. A warm, fuzzy feeling that they couldn't quite place. It felt weird and strange, but oddly nice. It felt like home.

The kitten was back again, happily trotting along the worn path with tiny paws and little trips, a light giggle bubbling up in her throat. Mama was sleeping, which meant she could go out and play! A carefully crafted nest, smaller than one could imagine, now lay at the trunk of the old tree, officially marking the ancient willow as the child's secret hideout. Little 'mrrps', quiet giggles and the soft patter of tiny paws could be heard within the small area, as the child stumbled about to set things in place. A fallen flower here she helped set straight, and a wayward pinecone there she put in its place by the tree trunk, near her nest. It was dubbed Mr.Cone now, her fellow companion. The little Amaris didn't have many friends to play with, but Mr.Cone was by far the best friend they could as for anyway. They gently re-adjusted the little pinecone, almost bigger than her, in its very own tiny nest, right next to hers. Not that she ever used it; but it made the place feel nice and was comfortable for napping.

[ @Rani ]

Old May 21st, 2023, 12:57 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

The ex medicine cat probably resembled a bloodhound more then a experienced healer at the moment but to be fair he was on the hunt! The hunt for probably his favorite herb and one he'd eventually need. Burnet burnet burnet come on he could smell it where was it!? The tom weaved around and into the pretty clearing snuffling heavily, oblivious to the weak kit-scent that marked the area as claimed. He was also oblivious to the actual kit in the clearing as he searched snaking around like his once namesake tail waggling oddly.

He was getting closer.... closer.... Until the worst happened. He stuck his nose in a patch of daffodils and got so much pollen on his face he might as well have golden fur now.

He blinked for a moment, shocked, tail still before things exploded. Well. More like he exploded. Nathaniels entire frame was rocked by a roar like sneeze as the outburst caused an explosion of pollen to come from the flowers further dusting the area. The red tom was now golden, the daffodils were flattened, and this only caused more sneezing.

So this one man clown show was the sight little Nyx got to see as the tom borderline jumped and stumbled while the continuous sneezes he could not suppressed jolted him about.

@Estelle (Short reply sorry brain dead this morning)

Last edited by Rani; May 21st, 2023 at 12:57 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2023, 01:48 PM
Still staring nervously

It was such a happy day, for the young child had made a new friend: Mr.Cone! Why, you ask? Because he is cone-shaped! The young child giggle as they stood in front of the fallen cone, crouching low to the ground while their hind is raised high, tail limply hanging aside. Nyx didn't know what game they were playing, but it certainly was a fun one! Oh so very fun, and she is having the time of her life. Feeling giddy, the usually calm kitten began bouncing around, jumping up and down and up and down around the clearing as though she were dancing. Perhaps that's what Amaris was doing, dancing! She was dancing with Mr.Cone!

Reaching the clearing's edge, Nyx gradually calmed. Her laughter died down and down to a low hum in the depths of her throat. And her dancing gradually slowed to slower steps, circling around herself, eyes growing dull as some sleepiness overtook the kitten. She was dizzy. Oops. Nonetheless, Nyx smiled to herself as she continued with her slow steps around the clearing, seemingly in a daze, caught in her mind. Her little dance had turned to daydreams, entertaining her in her mind's eye.

Until she noticed movement.

A little gasp escaped the kitten, entirely caught off-guard by the sudden appearance of another feline. Swiftly, she hid behind some taller grass. Huddling close to the ground, her long tail wrapped around herself, she peeked through the greenery to watch the unusual bloodhound scout the area straight into a pile of flowers! Oh! Nyx gasped again, raising to a sitting position out of surprise. The flowers! It hurt the flowers! She wanted to run to her little flower patch, but the kitten was initially startled off by the sudden loud sneezes escaping from the creature. Oh no; was the creature hurt? Sympathy swelled in her chest as she watched the poor thing with a tilted head.

What was it, even? It looked kind of like her... But much, much bigger, and with shorter fur, and a lot more... Yellow! Slowly Nyx slipped from her hiding spot, creeping a little closer to try and dare take a closer look at the thing... Or... Cat? You see, the young child had never met another feline before. Well, none besides her mother, of course. Besides the birds and the occasional squirrel travelling through the area, and her mama, this was the very first other living creature she met. Was it a flower being? But it looked like her so! Maybe it is another cat, then? But what is it doing here?

So many questions and so few answers. But Nyx, with a few seconds of courage, dared to creep closer and closer to the feline, until she practically stood next to the sneezing cat. Mismatched eyes fell on the poor destructed flowers, her face falling at the sight of them.
"The flowers are hurt..."
Little Nyx whispered, unconscious of how loud her whispering actually was; though one could hardly blame her for it: disproportionally large as they are, they weren't the best. Although the child was hardly aware of that, it is her normal after all.

Lamenting over her flowers, she didn't yet turn to the cat beside her. Not until a slightly droopy ear fell forth distracting the kitten. Equally droopy eyes went wide for a moment, and she blew to get the ear straight again -- much in vein. Though, it allowed her spot the feline again, the one that had just been sneezing! Oh!
"Mister, Mister, are you alright?"
Suddenly turning to the feline with wide eyes, she stared right up, feeling rather worried for his well-being (almost as much as that of her flowers). He had been sneezing so loudly, that hardly could have been good! So the little moon asked with yet another whisper, putting her caution aside in favour of ensuring the cat's well-being.

[ @Rani - No worries! Short replies are nice too ]

Old June 30th, 2023, 04:45 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Nnnnnngg owwwwwwwww.

Nathaniel groaned, sitting down hard as his fit finally wrapped up, paw moving to rub his now aching ribs. He was pretty sure he nearly broke something with the strength of his sneezing and even if it wasnt it still damn well hurt. His nose hurt, his throat hurt, his ribs his, even his back hurt with how he'd jolted about! ....Was this the aging Stormtalon and the birdbrain had complained about way back? The aches and pains of simple tasks one used to breeze though? Nathaniel hated it. He was to young for this! He was only.... oh dear god in his 30's now yeah maybe that was the explanation. Still it was complete nonsense he ached from a sneezing fit and he was going to be grouchy for awhile.

.....After his poor heart recovered from the heart attack the kittens sudden voice gave him. The healer blinked his eyes open frantically, hissing lightly in pain as the pollen covering his face got in his eyes and looked around for a moment looking for the voice. And saw nothing. At least until he looked down.

That was a baby. A very little baby. With no parents. Where were this kids parents. Ok ok it didnt matter the kitten had asked a question and Nathaniels mind was to busy running to catch up with the forced sneeze reboot and the sudden shock to not answer without much filter.

"Um yeah Im-" Oh god horribly rough voice now and the tom coughed to clear it "-Yeah Im fine just a bit aching. Dont smell those flowers seriously they dont smell good its not worth it."
Understatement of the year, again ow, but in his experience kits needed obvious things explained to them.
"Uhhhh.... Who are you? And what are you doing here kitten should you be out without your parents are they around somewhere?"

Should you be talking to strangers and would I be murdered by some protective cats suddenly for even conversing with you. Oh dear god ok Nathaniel look non threatening and be nice you dont want to be gutted for causing another kit to cry because you scare cats. So the healer sat after taking a couple steps back, trying to look relaxed as he spoke again.
"I guess I should at least introduce myself right? Im Sna-Nathaniel. Im Nathaniel. Im sorry if you were here before me and I didnt notice you, I was looking for something. ....I mean you no harm?"

....Well he's had worse and more awkward introductions with cats then this at least.

@Estelle
Old July 6th, 2023, 01:20 AM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

「☼」 THE SUN-KISSED CHILD 「☼」
╰► DAYPAW
she | her ☼ spiky grey-furred molly with darker grey dapples and segmental heterochromia ☼
ೃ⁀➷ @Estelle
Heterochromia eyes squinted at the bright sun that beamed onto her fur. Her mouth felt dry, and her paw pads were awfully sore while she walked the long trail. Daypaw hadn't wanted to wait. She had been made an apprentice barely a day ago, and she wanted to taste freedom on her tongue. Snowpaw was busy with her new friend, and she hadn't wanted to bother any of her family members. She knew she could be overwhelming, which is why she wanted to explore! Just as her father had, Daypaw wanted to feel the wind. And that she did.

She had spent her day pouncing at leaves that fell, running through puddles of fresh mud, leaping over logs and chasing after the frogs near the Pond. The sun was beginning to settle, and she was awfully sleepy. Dragging her paws behind her, she walked, and walked. She couldn't find her home, she missed Papa. This wasn't very fun, she needed to get back soon. Expect, maybe she could rest. Just for a little while.

Daypaw's gaze landed on a large tree with winding branches and drooping, thick leaves. It offered shade from the gleaming sun, and her eyes widened with relief. She picked up her pace, crawling through the long grass until she reached the base of the Weeping Willow. Daypaw almost about collapsed then and there, but there was a stream. "Thank you StarClan, " She whispered a prayer, waddling over to lap hungrily at the fresh water.

She drunk, and drunk, until her throat burned, and her stomach churned. Then, Daypaw gently dipped her muzzle into the fresh water before jerking her head back. She inhaled largely and then exhaled, huuffff. It was then she noticed a small nest. It looked pretty, with all the flowers. Comfy, too. Maybe this should've been a warning, but Daypaw simply waddled her way and plopped herself into the nest.

She sighed contently, and her eyes fluttered close. Slipping away into comfortable peace, unaware of the home she occipued.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- the sleepy consumes me --
pronouns.cc
Old July 24th, 2023, 07:30 AM
Still staring nervously

✩ Nyx ✩
She / They
very dark grey kitten with three black spots adorned with white speckles; heterochromatic muted blue and mossy green eyes

ততততত

The big cat was silent for a while. And so was Nyx. Expectantly looking up at the big cat with wide open eyes, starring straight it, barely blinking. She was far too invested in the well-being of this feline to remember how to blink, sit or even breathe. Quite distracted the kitten indeed forgot to take a breath until she felt a little light-headed and she suddenly, unexpectedly, took in a biiiiiig sharp breath. The scent of this cat filled her nostrils as a result, ending a light cough from the sudden mixture of smells. Oof, no more big breaths for her!! He smelled funny, though. Her head tilted at that, sniffing the air and the faint smell of plants again. Hm… How silly! She’d never met anyone who smelled like this before… Was he a plant too? Oh, it must be! A big plant that looked like her! Nyx giggled at the thought, smiling again as she came to her conclusion.

But, oops! The plant-cat made a scary sound! The light hiss coming from Nathaniel startled the little moon who’s fur spiked up and eyes went wide and she jumped a little, taken aback. And then, it looked down at her. Too startled to react, Nyx only starred up with how own mismatched eyes, suddenly uncertain of what to say as the beast regarded her. Their throat went dry and their mouth hung slightly agape. It looked even bigger now!! And then, and then… It spoke!! The plant-like-her spoke!! Okay, okay. The plant said it was fine, that’s good, oh yes!! Nyx smiled hearing that Nathaniel was alright, not certain what he meant by ‘aching’ but oh well. He then spoke of the flowers, the kitten’s eyes promptly moved over to their poor injured flowers. Their face fell a little, slightly pouting, slightly upset. Their flowers were hurt, and they didn’t understand why they couldn’t smell them. Glancing back at the feline, Nyx then promptly sniffed the flowers themselves and… ACHOO. They sneezed. Ouch!

With that point across, the kitten rubbing their nose full of surprise, The cat spoke again. Eyes moved from the nose to the plant-cat, curiously looking at when their words finally registered in their mind. Something about parents… Oh! Oh no!! Nyx quickly perked up, little paw waving in the air, gesturing for the cat to lean down. Whether they did it or not, Nyx would whisper loudly to the feline.
“Shh.. secret! Secret!!”
Nyx urged, stepping back while nodding very seriously. Oh yes, it was a big secret! Mummy would be furious if she knew she’s been sneaking away while she slept!

It was of the utmost importance that the plant-cat understood that he could not tattle on her… Oh no, no no. Nope! But luckily the stranger (she’d completely forgotten the words ‘stranger-danger’) introduced themselves, which Nyx took as a sign they wouldn’t tell. Nope!
“N..na...n..i...l…”
Scrunching up her little nose, Nyx tried to pronounce the healer cat’s name. But alas, she’d never been good with long names; she was just a baby! A baby moon, or lamb, whichever one preferred.
“N..Nathy!!”
Nyx decided on instead, laughing happily because, you see, their names started with the same letter! How fun!! Nyx smiled happily at Nathy the plant or cat, pleased to make his acquaintance and, oh! She needs to introduce herself too!!
“Nyx! Me Nyx! Nyx help! Look … What?”
Happily bounding up and down the kitten decided on helping this cat find what they were looking. After all, she knew this place like the back of her paw! And she knew the back of her paw very well.

[ @Rani ]

----------

✩ Nyx ✩
She / They
very dark grey kitten with three black spots adorned with white speckles; heterochromatic muted blue and mossy green eyes

ততততত

It was such a warm day, yes yes. But a very pretty one, too! Wandering through the forest, walking their usual path, Nyx on her way to the large and ancient willow tree that marked her secret base. It was their favourite place in the whole wide world, yes yes!! So nice and warm; and so interesting. The scars that littered the tree’s trunk told the kitten stories of old, and the resilience of the tree brought the kitten admiration. She loved her tree. And sometimes.. Sometimes, beings like her wandered the by the tree. And they too told her stories, plenty of stories and taught her plenty of things!

Nyx liked that. They liked that very very much. Their fluffy paws thumped quietly on the ground as she made her way to three, blissfully unaware of what awaited her there. You see, she hadn’t expected to find anyone beneath her tree today. Much less in her nest. She expected a calm and fun day on her lonesome with Mr.Cone. But fate had another thing in store for the little moon today, for when they breached the overhanging branches and looked across the familiar little clearing, something was terribly off.

Everything was in it’s place yes, Mr.Cone was in his nest and the flowers were happy again, but!! Next to Mr.Cone’s little nest, in a sliiiightly bigger nest adorned with flowers and comfy plants and moss, was a grey lump of fur. GASP!! Nyx couldn’t believe their eyes, this was entirely new! Surprised, they huddled in on themselves, warily looking at this sleeping lump of a thing. But, it was so strange. This one looked so much smaller than the other thing that had visited her. It wasn’t big like Nathy, nor was it long like Kryo. It was… Different. More… Like her. Even more like her than the other two, and, and.. It had… One tail… Two ears… Four paws…

Curiosuly Nyx inspected the thing. Pointy ears like Nathy and Kryo, it had. A long tail like a squirrel, too. But not a beak like the birds. So! So!! It had to be one like her!!! They’d just never seen one… This small. Except for the little things she had to share her food with, of course, but they were even SMALLER. It was so interesting. Cautiously creeping closer and closer, Nyx inspected the fellow feline with a tilt of her head. So, so. It was here. But what now? Should she wake it? Mummy is always super grumpy when she wakes her up, so that’s a no. So then, what should she do? Wait for it to wake up?

So, Nyx sat down a fox’s length away from the nest because of safety, silently watching the cat as she waited for her to wake up.

[ @x ghostie ]

Last edited by Estelle; July 24th, 2023 at 07:32 AM.