Today 04:31 PM
Shreddin' Time
by Daragca
Last post by Rowan
Today 04:26 PM

Old January 12th, 2021, 03:54 PM

My Mood: Dreaming
Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

"Ah, the creek..." Mothmask made a concerned face. She actively avoided water sources as much as she could. She tilted her head and seemed to think. Maybe if I brought a cat with me to watch my back... Mothmask considered, but then, realized she had no close companions to ask such a favor of. Unless...

She looked back into Falconglare's eyes, searching them to test the waters. Would it be rude to ask? I dont know how far it's okay to go with these things... Mothmask shifted on her paws anxiously. Ah, but she's already done hunting today... She must be tired...

She had gone noticeably quiet, but was putting on quite the show without even realizing. Her nervous shifting, eyes flitting about, making eye contact and then breaking it just as quickly. Mothmask mustered some courage. "Could you accompany me? If you have the means to, of course." The short molly watched Falconglare's face attentively.
@ghostwriter

Last edited by dinosaur; January 12th, 2021 at 03:55 PM.
Old January 12th, 2021, 07:10 PM
it is what it is

My Mood: Mysterious

@dinosaur

The smoky she-cat dipped her head respectfully, "Of course. Probably wise to go together anyway. Everything is hungry this time of year." Falconglare answered. She gathered her squirrels, and turned to pad down the ravine that tapered off into a shallow creek.
"So do you hunt alone often? I find it to be very peaceful." she remarked, contemplating her own tendency to wander off into the solace of the forest.

TideClan Information: https://scrivenerlit.wixsite.com/tideclan

RP Requests and Bumps:
http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...877#post905877

• Stormcall, RC Deputy •

✧・゚: * always down to rp! ✧・゚: *

-currently travelling for work, so replies may be slower than usual -

Old January 12th, 2021, 07:32 PM

Mothmask's expression twisted into a pleased one as Falconglare accepted. She waited for the dark-furred molly to gather her prey before joining her, standing at her shoulder as they trekked towards the creek. Well, as close as she could get; Mothmask noticed she was an inch or two shorter than Falconglare, and felt a bit disappointed.

She had no time to reflect, however, as Falconglare asked her a question. "Ah- well, yes. I..." Mothmask trailed off, debating whether to reveal this or not, before continuing, "I like to hunt big game; like fat muskrats, big birds, and the like. So I usually seek them out alone." She sniffed, her nose running in the cold. I can't catch the small, swift rodents like squirrels or mice. I'm too slow. She thought, but didn't say it out loud; she wanted to keep a bit of her dignity.

Mothmask looked up at Falconglare. She seemed like a great hunter- the proof was hanging from her teeth.

- @ghostwriter
Old January 12th, 2021, 07:40 PM
it is what it is

My Mood: Mysterious

@dinosaur

Falconglare's typically austere eyes brightened a bit, "Ah, impressive!" she mewed, between the bundles of fur in her jaw, "That is what I like best about new-leaf...there are pheasants and grouse and larger quarry active in the undergrowth. Perhaps when things thaw out we should raid a pheasant nest together. They're certainly a decent fight, but one can feed four cats." she explained. Falconglare was an avid hunter, and something about a casual discussion about hunting with a clanmate made her feel more at ease than she had in while.Her troubled apprenticeship had deprived her of normal interactions with her clanmates, and she was, as of late, learning to value them.

TideClan Information: https://scrivenerlit.wixsite.com/tideclan

RP Requests and Bumps:
http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...877#post905877

• Stormcall, RC Deputy •

✧・゚: * always down to rp! ✧・゚: *

-currently travelling for work, so replies may be slower than usual -

Old January 12th, 2021, 07:59 PM

Mothmask had to quicken her pace to keep up with Falconglare. Her eyes glittered at the talk of a hunt. "Yes, I have never seen one before! These birds, pheasants, you say, sound like good fun." Mothmask's plumed tail wagged from side to side in excitement. Not only was she enticed by the idea of a new quarry, but also, she was delighted at her newfound friendship with the grey tabby.
She gave the impression of a crueller type; she is not half as mean as she said! Mothmask thought to herself, lips curled in a small smile. The trees were thinning, and she could see the opening in the brush where the river laid. Feeling a little nervous, she stepped a bit closer to Falconglare, thought Mothmask tried to keep it subtle.

- @ghostwriter
Old January 12th, 2021, 10:40 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Muskrat Mire

Aldershine had grown a little absorbed in his work of uncaking Mothmask's fur, lost in the revere of sharing tongues. The intimacy came like second nature to the young tom--it was on par with breathing for him. However, he took notice of the stiffness of Mothmask's muscled as he groomed her and paused, tongue still hanging out of his mouth.

"I--I'm not hurting you, am I?" He questioned, voice a bit breathy with poorly disguised worry. The mud was starting to crust to her fur... maybe he was pulling on her pelt? Oh dear, I thought I was helping but maybe I've just been yanking her fur out this whole time! Aldershine had a tendency to get carried away, and this was the only excuse he could imagine would bring her any discomfort. The whole word was as touchy-feely as Aldershine was in his mind.

It looked like they were almost finished cleaning the warrior up, either way, the she-cat standing on a throne of semi-dry dirt at this point. "Looking for something to eat?" He echoed, cocking his head to one side quizzically. "Out here? Don't tell me you eat muskrat!" The tom chuckled at this comment, the thought of eating the musty, buck-toothed creature sending a shiver down his spine. He watched her as she prodded a clump of dirt, laughing at her comment about feeling like a snake. "Well, at least you don't look like one!" He purred, eyes closing in a smile. This was meant to be a compliment but... the delivery was a bit off. Leave it to Aldershine to try out the most obscure compliments.

[ @dinosaur ]

character site
bump after 48 hours.
16+ roleplay partners only, please!
vet student ◦ dog mom ◦ ravenclaw pride
Old January 12th, 2021, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Muskrat Mire

Mothmask seemed horrified at his question. "No, no! It doesn't hurt at all!" She insisted, feeling terribly guilty that Aldershine was worried about her. Though her guilt was equally matched by her pride; she could not simply blurt out it was the first time she'd shared tongues with another cat. She met his eyes for a moment and was relieved when he changed the subject. She'd rather just keep her emotions in that moment a secret.

"Yes, I hunt muskrat, but I usually bring them back to camp, not eat them myself. She seemed undeterred by Aldershine's opposition to the pungent rodent. She saw him shiver and laugh at the mere thought of it, and felt the need to clarify. "I like to hunt them because they can get pretty big, and it's better for me to wrangle them than an apprentice." Mothmask mewed, standing up as she did so to give a firm shake to her fur. She sent dried flakes of mud flying; the crusted hunks that remained were small enough to not hinder her movement any longer. I won't bother him any more with this. She thought. He's done more than enough!

Mothmask felt a bit sheepish as Aldershine spoke of the serpents. "Snakes are a bit creepy-looking, aren't they? No fur, no paws... yuck." She shuddered and stuck out her tongue to express her disgust. Mothmask was much more relaxed than she was at their initial greetings; by putting some space between the two, she felt that much better. The she-cat, feeling refreshed, looked at Aldershine expectantly.

"What were you up to, out this far, if not hunting muskrat?"

- @littlefox

Last edited by dinosaur; January 12th, 2021 at 11:22 PM.
Old January 13th, 2021, 07:33 PM
is cereal a soup?

My Mood: Lurking

It was just a bit after the meeting was dismissed and they were here at the territory. As they arrived, Amberglow sat down for a rest and so she could talk for a bit. "Alright. Are you all set for your territory tour?" The molly peacefully asked.
// @New Years Dashers

→˚₊·* please bump me if i haven't responded in 48 hours! *·₊˚←

‧₊˚ || slow replies | character site || ˚₊‧
Old January 13th, 2021, 09:47 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeleaf View Post
Eaglepaw looked up eagerly. Was that even a question? She wanted to learn how to hunt so she could steal prey from the other clans, get into battles, break some more rules and possibly set the camp on fire.
"Yeah I do!" she exclaimed.
After the meeting had ended, Sycamorerain led Eaglepaw out of the camp and into the territory. The last time he’d had an apprentice, they hadn’t even made it past a territory. Had that been too boring perhaps? Maybe it would be better to start with hunting or battle immediately. Besides, he could sense Eaglepaw’s eagerness to get things done, so why not? “Alright, we’re going to be kicking off with some hunting. I want you to show me your best hunter’s crouch.” He added a light smile, entirely unaware of his apprentice’s chaotic intentions.

Character Site ✩ Bump after 3 days. ✩
Old January 14th, 2021, 02:13 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle~ View Post
After the meeting had ended, Sycamorerain led Eaglepaw out of the camp and into the territory. The last time he’d had an apprentice, they hadn’t even made it past a territory. Had that been too boring perhaps? Maybe it would be better to start with hunting or battle immediately. Besides, he could sense Eaglepaw’s eagerness to get things done, so why not? “Alright, we’re going to be kicking off with some hunting. I want you to show me your best hunter’s crouch.” He added a light smile, entirely unaware of his apprentice’s chaotic intentions.
Eaglepaw was really excited to be out of camp. She'd always tried to leave but something always got in her way. Sure, she had to deal with her mentor now, but who cares! She heard what he had told her and thought for a while. She spread out her legs slightly and crouched keeping her tail and chin low.
"Like this?" she asked. She hated following instructions but she wanted to learn how to hunt.