Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Dusklion
Deputy:
None
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by alec
Today 12:47 PM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by geoblazer
Today 12:45 PM
✩Art Contest!!!✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 12:44 PM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Shrew
Today 12:43 PM
The Starcave
by BEAR.
Last post by squidz
Today 12:38 PM

Old December 20th, 2021, 09:32 AM
PopcornKing

Default Re: RiverClan Elders' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightlight View Post

--Brittleshore--

Brittleshore smiled softly at Beetlekit's fright. "It's alright." He said. "Don't be too scared, I'm alive, aren't I? Still here."

Suddenly, interrupting and out of nowhere, another cat spoke. Brittleshore blinked, turning to face the other cat. He didn't look quite as old as Brittleshore himself, but old enough to be an elder. Strangely, Brittleshore had never seen him around here, though. Pricklystem, the only other elder he could remember, had disappeared, leaving him to be Riverclan's only elder. Where had this strange cat come from? Oh, well. He was sure he had missed something recently.

Brittleshore narrowed his eyes at the other cat. "Indeed. The water is our blood, as you say, our provider. But the water is also dangerous. We cannot be fooled by its serene exterior, and we must have as much respect for the water as we have love. That is the only way to live with the water. That is the point of the story. Weren't you taught this as a kit?" Brittleshore questioned. He remembered being taught this. The water was something to love, but that love couldn't overshadow the amount of respect you had for the water.

It was formidable. Dangerous even, when you weren't prepared. And if you forgot that, well, that was why some cats couldn't survive the water. Brittleshore didn't leave room for the other elder to speak, and merely continued on with his story.

----

Splinterpaw's emotionless eyes stared at him.

Brittlepaw blinked, then quickly got to his paws, ignoring' the way his head seemed to swim like it was full of fish when he did, ignored the way his vision blurred just a bit.

"What?" Brittlepaw asked, tired and cold and not wanting to deal with his sister right now. "What do you want to say about this now? That I had failed, that I'm never going to be a Riverclan cat? Because I can't swim?" He snapped.

But to his surprise, Splinterpaw said none of these things. "No." She said, mildly. "I was going to say that it was surprising that you fought for so long. You were under for quite a bit, we thought you were going to drown. But you held your breath for longer than any of us could." Splinterpaw tilted her head a bit, expression calculating. "You know, you would probably have swum just fine had mother not pushed you in."

Brittlepaw could only blink. And blink. Was this happening? Was his sister actually being kind to him, for once? Brittlepaw shook his head, not believing. He stayed silent.

Splinterpaw now had that look in her eyes that she always had when she had an idea. Splinterpaw looked, first, from the water to Brittlepaw. "You should swim again. Try again."

"What?" Brittlepaw jumped away from the water's edge in fright, looking over it in worry. The water was still looking inviting, it was still a brilliant color, but it now had a sinister quality to it. Brittlepaw thought that maybe it was because he had experienced what was underneath the surface.

Splinterpaw was unphased, and merely walked up to the river's edge. "That was a bad experience you just had, there. But that doesn't mean that every experience with the water will be bad. You should try again."

Brittlepaw stared.

"It's your choice." Splinterpaw meowed, backing away.

Brittlepaw turned his gaze towards the water, gulping. The water still looked inviting. But it had been so scary the last time...nevertheless, he was going in.

Brittlepaw closed his eyes, and jumped in.

----

Brittleshore stopped, looking at Beetlekit to gauge his reaction, in whether he should continue or not.
Beetlekit:

He was no longer scared, only interested. What happens next? Will Brittlepaw swim? Will he be able to swim soon? All these questions went around, and around his mind.

"please go on!" Beetlekit begged, this was an amazing story! He was going to the elders den everyday!
Old December 21st, 2021, 08:52 AM
Watch the world go by...

My Mood: Dreaming

@Myself making popcorn
@Spottedwillow<3

(For the mention of Wildstream, respond or no, your choice. )

--Brittleshore--

The elder smiled a big smile this time. See? He wasn't scaring the kit at all. Beetlekit was enjoying the story. It was only a little scary part, and Brittleshore was sure that Beetlekit was strong enough to handle it. And he had handled it. It was nothing to overreact about. Brittleshore side-eyed Wildstream, who was still in a tiny corner.

"Alright." Brittleshore said. "Let's continue."

----

As soon as he hit the water, Brittlepaw gasped. It felt like he was being encased in ice, completely and utterly covered. The water was murky, the current was roaring in his ears. Brittlepaw failed his limbs and struggled, trying to swim like he had done earlier. But it was if no use, he was sibling, he was sink-

"Brittlepaw, you're in the shallow part of the stream, just let your paws touch the stream bed." Splinterpaw's voice was loud and clear. And slightly annoyed.

Brittlepaw reached with his paws, downwards. Lo and behold, his paws touched solid, although a bit sandy, ground. Standing, Brittlepaw's shoulders were well about the water.

His fur burned with embarrassment. The roar of the current was nothing more than a quiet lapping against the shore. The water was still a brilliant blue, and lukewarm, not ice cold.

Brittlepaw stood there for a while, not willing to get out of the water, but also not willing to get in.

He stared at the other side of the stream.

Alright. He just had to get to the other side of the stream. That was all he had to do.

Taking a deep breath, Brittlepaw pushed himself forwards, into the deeper part of the stream.

At first, his limbs flailed and panic started to set in, but then he started moving his front legs in a peculiar way, and then his head was above the water again. He was going slowly, but he was moving.

Brittlepaw took shuddering breaths. Minus the drowning hazard, swimming was quite- relaxing. There was a rhythm you could lose yourself in, and the water lifted you when you guided yourself right. Brittlepaw felt almost...weightless.

Suddenly, Brittlepaw's paws bumped into something, and he realized he had gotten to the other side so fast. Brittlepaw walked out of the water, dripping wet, and seated himself on the other side.

The sun was high in the sky now, and the air was super hot, but Brittlepaw felt like he was at the perfect temperature. The hot air and the cool water made a perfect combination.

Brittlepaw stepped into the water, preparing to swim back to his sister, but she stopped him in his tracks with her next words.

"Alright." She meowed. "Good job, now I want you to practice diving."

----

Brittleshore paused again, not to gauge Beetlekit's reaction or to argue with Wildstream, this time he had paused for dramatic affect.

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Clearlight | Daykit | Nightkit | Rainburst
Brittleshore | Slatefrost | Molly | Revel
•-----------------------⋅☾☼☽⋅-----------------------•

Last edited by Brightlight; December 21st, 2021 at 08:52 AM.
Old December 21st, 2021, 09:35 AM

My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
@Myself making popcorn
@Spottedwillow<3

--Brittleshore--

The elder smiled a big smile this time. See? He wasn't scaring the kit at all. Beetlekit was enjoying the story. It was only a little scary part, and Brittleshore was sure that Beetlekit was strong enough to handle it. And he had handled it. It was nothing to overreact about. Brittleshore side-eyed Wildstream, who was still in a tiny corner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brittleshore paused again, not to gauge Beetlekit's reaction or to argue with Wildstream, this time he had paused for dramatic affect.
Wildstream. (POST: 5 or 6, I don't keep track.)

__________________________________________________ _____________

The tom's eyes of gold remained averted, his pelt had been puffed out of an embarrased anger that he had been wrong. Wildstream had sighed, going back to grooming his chest fur.

(( @Brightlight !! ^^))
Old December 21st, 2021, 09:50 AM
PopcornKing

Quote:
@Myself making popcorn
@Spottedwillow<3

--Brittleshore--

----

As soon as he hit the water, Brittlepaw gasped. It felt like he was being encased in ice, completely and utterly covered. The water was murky, the current was roaring in his ears. Brittlepaw failed his limbs and struggled, trying to swim like he had done earlier. But it was if no use, he was sibling, he was sink-

"Brittlepaw, you're in the shallow part of the stream, just let your paws touch the stream bed." Splinterpaw's voice was loud and clear. And slightly annoyed.

Brittlepaw reached with his paws, downwards. Lo and behold, his paws touched solid, although a bit sandy, ground. Standing, Brittlepaw's shoulders were well about the water.

His fur burned with embarrassment. The roar of the current was nothing more than a quiet lapping against the shore. The water was still a brilliant blue, and lukewarm, not ice cold.

Brittlepaw stood there for a while, not willing to get out of the water, but also not willing to get in.

He stared at the other side of the stream.

Alright. He just had to get to the other side of the stream. That was all he had to do.

Taking a deep breath, Brittlepaw pushed himself forwards, into the deeper part of the stream.

At first, his limbs flailed and panic started to set in, but then he started moving his front legs in a peculiar way, and then his head was above the water again. He was going slowly, but he was moving.

Brittlepaw took shuddering breaths. Minus the drowning hazard, swimming was quite- relaxing. There was a rhythm you could lose yourself in, and the water lifted you when you guided yourself right. Brittlepaw felt almost...weightless.

Suddenly, Brittlepaw's paws bumped into something, and he realized he had gotten to the other side so fast. Brittlepaw walked out of the water, dripping wet, and seated himself on the other side.

The sun was high in the sky now, and the air was super hot, but Brittlepaw felt like he was at the perfect temperature. The hot air and the cool water made a perfect combination.

Brittlepaw stepped into the water, preparing to swim back to his sister, but she stopped him in his tracks with her next words.

"Alright." She meowed. "Good job, now I want you to practice diving."

----

Beetlekit:

A new thought entered his head, he never ment a splinterpaw, why hadn't he? He's been in the apprentice den more then once, maybe they are a warrior now?

"Where's splinterpaw now?" He asked tilting his head, maybe they are a warrior he never saw, maybe... they... he doesn't know, but he wants to know!

▪︎▪︎ Characters: Stormkit, Quickkit, Blizzardrunner ▪︎▪︎

Have an amazing rp yall!

All my roleplays are open, feel free
To join in at anytime, I would love to rp with you!
Old December 22nd, 2021, 10:19 AM
Watch the world go by...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottedwillow<3 View Post
Wildstream. (POST: 5 or 6, I don't keep track.)

The tom's eyes of gold remained averted, his pelt had been puffed out of an embarrased anger that he had been wrong. Wildstream had sighed, going back to grooming his chest fur.

(( @Brightlight !! ^^))
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself making popcorn View Post
Beetlekit:

A new thought entered his head, he never ment a splinterpaw, why hadn't he? He's been in the apprentice den more then once, maybe they are a warrior now?

"Where's splinterpaw now?" He asked tilting his head, maybe they are a warrior he never saw, maybe... they... he doesn't know, but he wants to know!
--Brittleshore--

Brittleshore side-eyed Wildstream, cursed himself for being so weak, and made a mental note to talk to the other elder later.

Then Beetlekit's innocent question sunk in, and it felt like another cat was clawing at his heart. Brittleshore sucked in a deep breath. His sister had been cruel. Downright cruel at times. But he had loved her.

"Splintercreek-" Brittleshore choked on his words, having to swallow hard before he started again. "Splintercreek has...moved on. She's in Starclan now." Brittleshore never understood why he always had thought that his sister would be with him forever. She was many moons older. She had to go sometime. But she had never became an elder. Though Brittleshore doubted she had ever wanted to.

Brittleshore made no announcement, just dived into his story.

----

"What?!" Brittlepaw meowed, his voice high in volume so that it sounded closer to a yowl. "You want me to do WHAT?!"

"Dive." Splinterpaw stated matter-of-factly. "I want you to dive."

Brittlepaw shook his head, backing away from the water. "After I just nearly drowned?" He had meant it to sound more indignant, more angry. But it came out sounding scared. He couldn't look up. Couldn't see his sister's eyes.

"It's alright, Brittlepaw."

Brittlepaw looked up, surprised at the amount of care in Splinterpaw's voice.

"Just dive." Splinterpaw encouraged. "I'll be here, I'll save you if I need to, alright?"

Brittlepaw gave Splinterpaw a suspicious look. She wasn't doing this so she could leave him to die while the other cats were arguing, right? Speaking of them, Brittlepaw glanced over. His mother was still telling st his mentor, who didn't seem to be backing down.

Brittlepaw sighed, returning his attention to the water. 'Just dive.' If only it were that easy.

Brittlepaw closed his eyes, and lept into the water.

This time, the water wasn't that cold. Brittlepaw didn't dare open his eyes, and just let himself sink to Tue bottom of the stream. When his paws touched the stream bed, he opened his eyes.

It was beautiful.

Fish were swimming, with sparkly, shiny scales that caught whatever light came from the surface. They twirled and swooped around like underwater birds.

Green things, long and slimy, lined the floor. Brittlepaw poked one. It felt like a plant, just thicker.

The stream bed was littered with other shiny things. Seashells and clam shells and bits of sparkle here and there. There all seemed prettier underwater, then above, from the ones Brittlepaw had seen.

Brittlepaw reached for a seashell, clamping it close to him. His air was running out, and so he swam back to the surface, bursting out with a gasp for air.

Brittlepaw clambered onto the shore, ignoring Splinterpaw, who was sitting by him. He collapsed onto the shore, staring at the shell he had brought with him. It was a medium sized spiral she'll, with a pinkish interior and a white exterior that was as pristine as a pearl. The inner lining seemed to shimmer with a rainbow of colors.

A perfect reminder of this event.

----

Bristleshore stopped there, ending his story once and for all. He glanced at Beetlekit, wondering what the kid's reaction would be.

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Old December 22nd, 2021, 12:16 PM
PopcornKing

Quote:

--Brittleshore--

Brittleshore side-eyed Wildstream, cursed himself for being so weak, and made a mental note to talk to the other elder later.

Then Beetlekit's innocent question sunk in, and it felt like another cat was clawing at his heart. Brittleshore sucked in a deep breath. His sister had been cruel. Downright cruel at times. But he had loved her.

"Splintercreek-" Brittleshore choked on his words, having to swallow hard before he started again. "Splintercreek has...moved on. She's in Starclan now." Brittleshore never understood why he always had thought that his sister would be with him forever. She was many moons older. She had to go sometime. But she had never became an elder. Though Brittleshore doubted she had ever wanted to.

Brittleshore made no announcement, just dived into his story.

----

"What?!" Brittlepaw meowed, his voice high in volume so that it sounded closer to a yowl. "You want me to do WHAT?!"

"Dive." Splinterpaw stated matter-of-factly. "I want you to dive."

Brittlepaw shook his head, backing away from the water. "After I just nearly drowned?" He had meant it to sound more indignant, more angry. But it came out sounding scared. He couldn't look up. Couldn't see his sister's eyes.

"It's alright, Brittlepaw."

Brittlepaw looked up, surprised at the amount of care in Splinterpaw's voice.

"Just dive." Splinterpaw encouraged. "I'll be here, I'll save you if I need to, alright?"

Brittlepaw gave Splinterpaw a suspicious look. She wasn't doing this so she could leave him to die while the other cats were arguing, right? Speaking of them, Brittlepaw glanced over. His mother was still telling st his mentor, who didn't seem to be backing down.

Brittlepaw sighed, returning his attention to the water. 'Just dive.' If only it were that easy.

Brittlepaw closed his eyes, and lept into the water.

This time, the water wasn't that cold. Brittlepaw didn't dare open his eyes, and just let himself sink to Tue bottom of the stream. When his paws touched the stream bed, he opened his eyes.

It was beautiful.

Fish were swimming, with sparkly, shiny scales that caught whatever light came from the surface. They twirled and swooped around like underwater birds.

Green things, long and slimy, lined the floor. Brittlepaw poked one. It felt like a plant, just thicker.

The stream bed was littered with other shiny things. Seashells and clam shells and bits of sparkle here and there. There all seemed prettier underwater, then above, from the ones Brittlepaw had seen.

Brittlepaw reached for a seashell, clamping it close to him. His air was running out, and so he swam back to the surface, bursting out with a gasp for air.

Brittlepaw clambered onto the shore, ignoring Splinterpaw, who was sitting by him. He collapsed onto the shore, staring at the shell he had brought with him. It was a medium sized spiral she'll, with a pinkish interior and a white exterior that was as pristine as a pearl. The inner lining seemed to shimmer with a rainbow of colors.

A perfect reminder of this event.

----

Bristleshore stopped there, ending his story once and for all. He glanced at Beetlekit, wondering what the kid's reaction would be.
Beetlekit:

All he could think about was Splintercreek, why did they change Clans? He never heard of starclan. What was starclan, no one ever told him about starclan, where they an enemy? Was he going have to fight this cats sister one day?

"Why did Splintercreek leave you for another Clan?" He asked, his sister went for starclan to! But mom never told him why? Or why he couldn't see them anymore

"My sister did that to! Is starclan better the riverclan? Can I go to my sister?"

Have an amazing rp yall!

Old December 22nd, 2021, 03:20 PM
Watch the world go by...

Quote:
Beetlekit:

All he could think about was Splintercreek, why did they change Clans? He never heard of starclan. What was starclan, no one ever told him about starclan, where they an enemy? Was he going have to fight this cats sister one day?

"Why did Splintercreek leave you for another Clan?" He asked, his sister went for starclan to! But mom never told him why? Or why he couldn't see them anymore

"My sister did that to! Is starclan better the riverclan? Can I go to my sister?"
—Brittleshore—

Brittleshore watched as Beetlekit spoke, seemingly confused. It was a hard thing to explain to a kit. Death. He hadn’t really understood it either, until, of course, his littermate had died. And then his older brother. Then he had understood. Cats who went to Starclan, well, they never came back.

“Splintercreek, she did leave. But she had no choice. When you’re old, and you don’t have much time left here, Starclan will take you away where you can live happy. Forever. Soon, I’ll join her there too.” Brittleshore looked at Beetlekit. “But you, you’re too young. You still have things to do here.”

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Old December 22nd, 2021, 05:25 PM
PopcornKing

Quote:

—Brittleshore—

Brittleshore watched as Beetlekit spoke, seemingly confused. It was a hard thing to explain to a kit. Death. He hadn’t really understood it either, until, of course, his littermate had died. And then his older brother. Then he had understood. Cats who went to Starclan, well, they never came back.

“Splintercreek, she did leave. But she had no choice. When you’re old, and you don’t have much time left here, Starclan will take you away where you can live happy. Forever. Soon, I’ll join her there too.” Brittleshore looked at Beetlekit. “But you, you’re too young. You still have things to do here.”
Beetlekit:

He blinked confused, why was Brittleshore going to leave? Didn't they like riverclan.

"But I never want to go starclan, please don't join! If you do I might have to fight you when I'm a warrior!" He whined, he didn't want to go to starclan either! Even if he was old!

Have an amazing rp yall!

Old December 22nd, 2021, 06:39 PM

My Mood: Angelic

(Wildstream. POST: 6 or 7, you do the math Brittle .)

The golden maned tom with freckles of splotches on his back purred with amusement at the kit. He calmly dismissed this with his tail and said, "Starclan isn't just a clan, its a place."

He gave a look to Brittleshore, before his gaze returning onto Beetlekit.

"Those white dots you see in the sky are all of Starclan's warriors, cats from all the clans and whom believe in them."

Wildstream had laid on the bedding, "We all go there, theres prey for moons, no one is sad or lonely, they have friends and family there too."

(Ah yes, a man who can talk to kids easier than those of his own rank.)
Old December 23rd, 2021, 09:53 AM
Watch the world go by...

ShadowClan/WindClan Re: RiverClan Elders' Den

Quote:
Beetlekit:

He blinked confused, why was Brittleshore going to leave? Didn't they like riverclan.

"But I never want to go starclan, please don't join! If you do I might have to fight you when I'm a warrior!" He whined, he didn't want to go to starclan either! Even if he was old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottedwillow<3 View Post
(Wildstream. POST: 6 or 7, you do the math Brittle ������.)

The golden maned tom with freckles of splotches on his back purred with amusement at the kit. He calmly dismissed this with his tail and said, "Starclan isn't just a clan, its a place."

He gave a look to Brittleshore, before his gaze returning onto Beetlekit.

"Those white dots you see in the sky are all of Starclan's warriors, cats from all the clans and whom believe in them."

Wildstream had laid on the bedding, "We all go there, theres prey for moons, no one is sad or lonely, they have friends and family there too."

(Ah yes, a man who can talk to kids easier than those of his own rank.)
--Brittleshore--

Brittleshore opened his maw to speak, to explain to Beetlekit that nobody had much choice in going to Starclan when the time came, that Starclan would come to take them so they wouldn't vanish off the world altogether, when Wildstream starting speaking.

He must really have nothing to do. Brittleshore thought in amusement. Nothing better to do than eavesdrop on our conversation. Brittleshore flicked his ear. "What he said." Brittleshore meowed, flicking his tail in Wildstream's direction.

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters

Last edited by Brightlight; December 23rd, 2021 at 09:57 AM.