Last post by Rani
Today 05:03 PM

Old August 23rd, 2017, 02:14 AM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Horseradish...that was an odd name to the feline. She didn't the reason as to why he was named after such...peculiarness. Yet, because it was odd, Labrynn felt that she might had liked the name. She had met Dusk Syndicate cats with names that were simple. Then again, she always had a hard time remembering “simple” things. She tilted her head as the tom looked down at her, giving her a smile. Something she couldn't help but give a smile back. As he pulled away, her eyes narrowed--only for the slightest moment, wondering why he had pulled away. The she cat felt him sit next to her, and her eyes slid over to look at him for a second.

Hm...he called me pretty? So far, so good. I guess. Labrynn twisted her body for a moment, not really wanting to let go of the feeling of the warm grass underneath her, but she quickly turned over, laying on her stomach, and giving her chest a couple licks. “Hmm...my name would be your love.” She told him, stifling in a laugh, but purring all the while. Oh, how this she cat carried a sense of humor. Even if she was joking around a bit, Labrynn knew her limits. Sometimes she adored pushing boundaries to see how far she could get. She felt that it would be positive since the tom seemed to be interested in her.

Which had to be pretty odd to her, but she didn't object. She soaked in the attention rather desperately, and tried her best to do whatever that would impress him. “The name’s Labrinda, darling. But you can call me Labrynn.” She sat up, bringing her tail to hide her paws. The small feathery-like mane ruffled as she smoothed it out the best she could. The she cat always did her best to look presentable. Especially in...worthy company. “But I can be whatever you want to call me as,” she flicked her ears, and gave off a wink before she got up.

The Syndicate was probably not a place for a Molly that held high demands. More elegance than anything else. But, it was the place she was born in. The place she found so depressing, but the toms were certainly a win! At least, most of them. Labrynn was a user more than anything. Mainly seeking protection because her own fighting abilities were a bit...whack. It was easy for her to use tricks on her victims--mainly the toms who she would flirt with. A little bat of her eyes, and affectionate touches would surely land them off guard. Labrynn was never the one to land ‘crushes’. What was that anyway? Her feelings never really been real, but throwing her head back to give a gentle smile at the tom, the she cat felt something odd in her chest.

But quickly as it came, she buried it down. She didn't know what was it about the tom that made her think he was charming. But, by far, she felt herself dazzled. “So, Horseradish,” she called back, but she didn't dare look at his amber hues. “I think the two of us might share an interesting friendship.” She purred. Interesting, as in spontaneous. She didn't know what might happen or how he was like. So far, she was receiving a positive vibe from the tom that made her like being around him. With a friendship with someone of...quite the muscular appeal, Labrynn knew she had hit the jackpot when it came to this one. She wanted to keep everything positive between them.

Labrynn knew she would be sulking up to the tom in anyway as possible, but this was something that was just starting. And, if she played every move right--perfect time, perfect place. Things would be magnificent. As she stared out into the distance, her eyes becoming cloudy from the thought of the near future. Herself, as elegant as possible with a ruggedly handsome young fighter. She hoped his skills matched in his good looks. Others would wonder why Labrynn was even a fighter within the syndicate. Even though many cats, like herself loved to flirt. It wasn't ordinary. The cats were brutal, harsh, merciless. Labrynn seen it all, and sometimes she allowed herself to take part in painless death but blood and gore was not her thing. It made her stomach weaken.

On the other hand, the molly adored following others. Others that she feel would cause enough havoc and know a way of getting out of it. Wasn't Horseradish a good specimen for such? As long as Labrynn thought, she actually wanted to hold a genuine friendship with this tom. The she cat followed other fighters, analyzing their move, and even going all out to impress them. But, she didn't like them. But she was always the sweetheart, never really going out her way. She rarely fought, using the excuse that her pelt was too “marvelous for such bloody assignments”. Vain, she might have been about, but Labrynn was innocent. At least to others that she meet, and only some cats could see past this act that she was actually a frightened doll that was waiting to be dubbed as a weak link. However, though she knew she didn't have much battle skills, she used manipulation as a move to get whatever she wanted. Driving her victims into insanity because she had that “touch”.

The molly whirled around, staring into the new eyes of her company. Oh, yes the future was definitely bright. And, this made her sickeningly sweet smile brighter. “Is it alright if I call you my friend, Horseradish?” She asked, her voice a little quiet, as if it were a secret that only the two of them could share.
He looked at her, ears twitching in satisfaction, and he tilted his head. Have I really gotten her so fast, or is there more to it than that? He wondered confused. For now, he might have to tread cautiously, but not until he saw anything that seemed like a red flag to him, though this could easily be the first of many, and a mistake, there was no backing down, and he had no choice but to push harder, so he did. “No, because we can't have the same name,” Horseradish whispered humorously, his eyes dancing with the perfected illusion of laughter, something that had taken seasons to master, as had his other skills of deceit and trickery, something he'd been practicing since practically kithood.

As she spoke her name, a crooked smile crept over Horseradish’s maw as he spotted the perfect opportunity, ignoring that she'd called him darling, and focusing on how to weave what he wanted to say into his words, looked at her and purred. “Well, Labrinda Darling, it's unusual name, but fit for a queen. Athlough a bit long, so if that's what you want, then yes, I'll just call you Labrynn,” he said purring. He knew that wasn't what she'd meant, his eyes twinklined mischievously, his true intentions impossible to see, the disguise not wavering for even a heartbeat, and one might actually believe all his lies and trickery, why, if he didn't know any better, he would probably believe the web of lies too.

He still couldn't understand how she'd survived so long in the Syndicate without being practically torn to pieces. He had marks of it, though most were hidden under his smooth and patched pelt that seemed to be unfitting for a Syndicate fighter, not scruffy and ragged from skirmish after skirmish, battle after battle, each more brutal than the last. But what was her secret, what was it about her that had neither alive. Many died before they were even trainees, and just as many died as trainees, so obviously, Labrynn had to be tougher than she looked to make it in this place. That made him sure that his caution was reasonable, since she wasn't like the usual defenseless and trusting queen he often saw, seeking out shelter and safety and wanting nothing to do with the harsh reality that life was, not wanting to believe that they'd been living a lie as a pampered kittypet or sheltered loner.

He didn't think she was either of those, but nor did hr harbor any feelings for hers just caution and a slight admiration, but other than that, he was as cold and foreboding as a moonless leafbare night with a feverishly pitched storm, blowing a game through the trees with unearthly whistles and howls. But he his this, masking it with whatever he saw fit, the disguise varying depending on the target and they're own likings and preferences, that way he could be sure to please whoever he wanted, although it was somehow hard to figure out how he was supposed to act, he usually started out with the general flirt, which was what he was doing now.

“Yes… I have to agree with that; interesting,” he said, chest vibrating as a purr erupted from deep in his throat, amber gaze burning into Labrynn’s, despite the fact that she was not meeting his eyes, and he quickly averted his gaze, staring anywhere but the molly beside him. Interesting would describe it well, friendship maybe not. It might seem like it would be a friendship to her, or to anyone else, but not to him, and one day not even to her. The idea brought forth a tide of excitement that he didn't bother stifling completely, to make the trick seem more alive.

He was surprised by the question, and so he stared at her a moment, trying to grasp the meaning of her words. “Of course,” he said, humming softly as he spoke, looking as pleased as possible for a fighter. “And may I call you my friend?” he asked, each word absolutely meaningless to him on any level of truth and kindness, since he didn't care what they calledeach other, dare say if his persistent ways continued, it may one day, and only temporarily be, mate. Or that was his hopes anyways, and it did occasionally happen.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 01:02 PM

My Mood: Dead

( Would anyone like to rp with me? I do paragraph(s) and have one character, a molly named Aquarius ^_^ Just please post me a visitor message if you'd like to rp! )
Old August 24th, 2017, 01:47 PM

My Mood: Amazed

@SamCats
The grey and white molly paced around in tight circles, getting more and more agitated as she continued. Without anything to do at that moment she was restless and thinking of things she could do. Maia looked around the clearing, her gaze scanning for other cats but she didn't see any she deemed interesting enough to try and talk to. The fighter unsheathed her claws and sat, scratching them against the ground occasionally as she continued to think of what to do.
Old August 24th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Queen of the Birbs

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBread View Post
@SamCats
The grey and white molly paced around in tight circles, getting more and more agitated as she continued. Without anything to do at that moment she was restless and thinking of things she could do. Maia looked around the clearing, her gaze scanning for other cats but she didn't see any she deemed interesting enough to try and talk to. The fighter unsheathed her claws and sat, scratching them against the ground occasionally as she continued to think of what to do.
Patch padded into the clearing, looking around warily. He wasn't breaking any rules by coming back alone, but it was definitely strange for a guard to be by themself. They were meant to stay at or around the camp, or with another cat who was out in the territory. Returning without another cat would give any who saw him one of two thoughts: he'd left by himself, or something bad was happening. Not really wanting cats to think either of those things, he tried to stay hidden as he padded back in. After a moment, he was fairly sure that nobody has seen him, so he allowed himself to relax.

He looked around, noticing one of the fighter's looking agitated. Maia, if he remembered correctly. The guard watched her curiously, not even considering that she might notice him back.

My Character Site (W.I.P)

-WarriorCats- is my baby pet rock
Webpaw All The Way~ is my "STALKER WHO LOVES DRAWING CATSSSS"
Old August 24th, 2017, 05:37 PM
bruh head

Moon refused to look at her daughter as she was talking. "And how am I supposed to believe that...?" She hissed softly in reply, sinking her claws further in the sand. She just didn't get any of this. If she really wanted to see me again, why didn't she come sooner? The feline wondered, closing her eyes, a snarl clearly printed on her maw. It took a moment for her mind to register the what the white and red molly had said.
"What do you mean, that Patchy send you here?" She asked, looking over her shoulder to train her gaze on Woodpeckerflight. "Have you seen her? Where is she?" I truly haven't seen her in so long.

@narwhalgirliv
Old August 24th, 2017, 07:05 PM
warrior

My Mood: Yeehaw

@Aleka @Gusty

"I didn't want to come because I tried when I was still a young warrior to come, and I saw Singe, my old mentor there, I was glad to see him, but all he did was chase me away, and threatened to hurt me if I came again!" Woodpeckerflight started to get emotional, I thought I'd finally gotten over all of my issues, but now look at me, here, starting up another quarrel! "As for Patchy, she's dead! I thought you would've figured that out! I was there when she died!" the shecat bristled.

[btw Woodpeckerflight suffers from depression, that's what she means when she said she thought all her issues went away, she thought she had gotten better.]

Last edited by Autumnblaze; August 24th, 2017 at 07:06 PM.
Old August 24th, 2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCats View Post
Patch padded into the clearing, looking around warily. He wasn't breaking any rules by coming back alone, but it was definitely strange for a guard to be by themself. They were meant to stay at or around the camp, or with another cat who was out in the territory. Returning without another cat would give any who saw him one of two thoughts: he'd left by himself, or something bad was happening. Not really wanting cats to think either of those things, he tried to stay hidden as he padded back in. After a moment, he was fairly sure that nobody has seen him, so he allowed himself to relax.

He looked around, noticing one of the fighter's looking agitated. Maia, if he remembered correctly. The guard watched her curiously, not even considering that she might notice him back.
The molly continued to scan the clearing and saw one of the guards by himself and wondered if that would get him in trouble. She pushed the thought away and glanced over Patch almost as curiously as the tom was looking at her. Maia tilted her head and began to make her way toward him, wondering immediately if it was the smartest thing she could do. The fighter pushed the thought away and stopped a few paw steps in front of him, "Patch, right? Are you supposed to be by yourself?" Her mind started racing,
wondering if she'd get in trouble for asking that but she tried to ignore her thoughts.
Old August 24th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Queen of the Birbs

Quote:
The molly continued to scan the clearing and saw one of the guards by himself and wondered if that would get him in trouble. She pushed the thought away and glanced over Patch almost as curiously as the tom was looking at her. Maia tilted her head and began to make her way toward him, wondering immediately if it was the smartest thing she could do. The fighter pushed the thought away and stopped a few paw steps in front of him, "Patch, right? Are you supposed to be by yourself?" Her mind started racing, wondering if she'd get in trouble for asking that but she tried to ignore her thoughts.
Patch blinked in surprise as Maia padded towards him. He straightened; he was a guard, so he had a tall, sturdy build that helped him tower over naturally shorter she-cats. If there was one thing he'd learned from all those confrontations over the years, it's that intimidation is important to win a fight.

"Right. And you're Maia, correct?" He answered as politely as he could, taking a deep breath before responding to her second question. "There are no rules against guards going out alone. The code simply states that we must defend the clearing and any exploring cats."

Old August 24th, 2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCats View Post
Patch blinked in surprise as Maia padded towards him. He straightened; he was a guard, so he had a tall, sturdy build that helped him tower over naturally shorter she-cats. If there was one thing he'd learned from all those confrontations over the years, it's that intimidation is important to win a fight.

"Right. And you're Maia, correct?" He answered as politely as he could, taking a deep breath before responding to her second question. "There are no rules against guards going out alone. The code simply states that we must defend the clearing and any exploring cats."
"Correct." She said, noticing him straighten up and she tried hard not to roll her eyes. Whoever she talked to, if they were a guard they were all the same. Maia nodded, "Oh, alright. Is being a guard different from being a fighter?" Of course it is mousebrain! The molly suddenly felt embarrassed for asking such a question as that. Trying to push her embarrassment away the fighter sat up a bit, but not enough to really notice unless you watched carefully. It made her feel just that much taller and she had to keep from clawing her fur out for making such a fool of herself.
Old August 24th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Queen of the Birbs

Quote:
"Correct." She said, noticing him straighten up and she tried hard not to roll her eyes. Whoever she talked to, if they were a guard they were all the same. Maia nodded, "Oh, alright. Is being a guard different from being a fighter?" Of course it is mousebrain! The molly suddenly felt embarrassed for asking such a question as that. Trying to push her embarrassment away the fighter sat up a bit, but not enough to really notice unless you watched carefully. It made her feel just that much taller and she had to keep from clawing her fur out for making such a fool of herself.
Patch's whiskers twitched in amusement at her question. If they weren't different, then why would they be named different things? An oak is not a pine, after all. But he obliged, answering her question with a polite meow, "It's very different. We have to stay near the camp, and we don't get to sleep in a den. Some of us barely sleep at all."

Now that he thought about it, he couldn't quite remember why he'd decided to become a guard. Scratch that, he'd been forced to. Not sure why he'd let it happen, though. Fear? Tiredness? Who knows...