Old September 7th, 2020, 07:28 PM
number #1 car crash heart

Status: Sometimes before it gets better, the darkness gets bigger
My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post

(Sorry for the delay!)

Coastbreeze followed a little ways back as Mosspaw settled at an appropriate spot near the water, joining him with a smile after a few moments. "Perfect!" The tom turned to the water now, pointing with his tail. "I'll give you a quick example of how to fish first, okay? Be sure to pay close attention." He figured this way was easier than trying to explain the technique.
(Don't worry, it's ok!)

Mosspaw beams, wide smile lighting up his face. He nods quickly, staring into the water. "Yeah, ok!" He curls his tail around himself so it doesn't trail in the water, looking intently at his mentor. He doesn't want to miss a single thing.
Check out my Art Shop, Character Creator, and Hypokits Shop!
(formerly mellifluentCurator/scruumble_wuumble)
Old September 7th, 2020, 07:55 PM
AHHH

Bump Policy: As much as you want lol
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluentCurator View Post
(Don't worry, it's ok!)

Mosspaw beams, wide smile lighting up his face. He nods quickly, staring into the water. "Yeah, ok!" He curls his tail around himself so it doesn't trail in the water, looking intently at his mentor. He doesn't want to miss a single thing.
Coastbreeze settled in, knowing patience was the key to fishing. Despite having a limited amount of such a substance, he had learned to suck it up as an apprentice. The young warrior watched the water carefully, waiting for a big fish to swim within his reach. When one did just that, his paw shot into the water quickly, hooking the fish with unsheathed claws and scooping it fairly gracefully out of the water. Then, while holding it down with one paw on solid ground, he killed it swiftly with a bite to the head. Clearing his throat, he turned to Mosspaw, not really knowing how to explain exactly what he had just done. "Just like that."
I'm attempting to reply to my main roleplays once a day! (if there are responses for me to reply to anyway) However, I might miss some days on the weekend (fri-sun) because I'm often away from home and my computer during that time of the week.

Last edited by Zero; September 7th, 2020 at 07:56 PM.
Old September 7th, 2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:

Coastbreeze settled in, knowing patience was the key to fishing. Despite having a limited amount of such a substance, he had learned to suck it up as an apprentice. The young warrior watched the water carefully, waiting for a big fish to swim within his reach. When one did just that, his paw shot into the water quickly, hooking the fish with unsheathed claws and scooping it fairly gracefully out of the water. Then, while holding it down with one paw on solid ground, he killed it swiftly with a bite to the head. Clearing his throat, he turned to Mosspaw, not really knowing how to explain exactly what he had just done. "Just like that."
Mosspaw looks at his mentor with stars in his eyes. "Woah, that was so cool!" He leaps up onto his feet, starting to pace. "What did you do? It was so fast, and you grabbed it so quickly! Where did you hook it with your claws, under the gills or just anywhere, and when you pull it up what happens if it gors back in the water? Do you have to bite it in a specific place, and can you get more than one at a time, and-" Mosspaw stops suddenly, a look of embarrassment rising on his face. He sits back down tentatively, looking sheepishly back up at Coastbreeze. "Uh, I mean- what'd you do?"

Last edited by ciitrus--fruitz; September 7th, 2020 at 08:05 PM.
Old September 7th, 2020, 08:16 PM
AHHH

Quote:
Mosspaw looks at his mentor with stars in his eyes. "Woah, that was so cool!" He leaps up onto his feet, starting to pace. "What did you do? It was so fast, and you grabbed it so quickly! Where did you hook it with your claws, under the gills or just anywhere, and when you pull it up what happens if it gors back in the water? Do you have to bite it in a specific place, and can you get more than one at a time, and-" Mosspaw stops suddenly, a look of embarrassment rising on his face. He sits back down tentatively, looking sheepishly back up at Coastbreeze. "Uh, I mean- what'd you do?"
Coastbreeze grinned at Mosspaw, soaking up the praise like a sponge. His blue orbs moved back and forth as Mosspaw moved, following the young tom with his gaze even as he paced. He didn't even look a tiny bit fazed as Mosspaw finally settled back down again, that stupid grin still in place on his maw. "Questions are good!' He meowed, nudging his sheepis- looking apprentice affectionately, secretly relieved inside to have some sort of path to follow. "Basically, you gotta wait for the fish to come within reach! Then the quick part comes. You reach into the water as fast as you can and just try to hook your claws in it - it doesn't really matter where as long as you get a good grip." The tom played out his explanations in motion as he talked, mock fishing each part out. "I would suggest, until you get better, to try to get the fish as far away from the water as you can so you reduce the chances of it flopping back in, so just try to scoop and toss it over your shoulder. And, as for killing it, you can bite the head or spine, or you can even whack it against something hard and it'll do the trick!"
I'm attempting to reply to my main roleplays once a day! (if there are responses for me to reply to anyway) However, I might miss some days on the weekend (fri-sun) because I'm often away from home and my computer during that time of the week.
Old September 7th, 2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:

Coastbreeze grinned at Mosspaw, soaking up the praise like a sponge. His blue orbs moved back and forth as Mosspaw moved, following the young tom with his gaze even as he paced. He didn't even look a tiny bit fazed as Mosspaw finally settled back down again, that stupid grin still in place on his maw. "Questions are good!' He meowed, nudging his sheepis- looking apprentice affectionately, secretly relieved inside to have some sort of path to follow. "Basically, you gotta wait for the fish to come within reach! Then the quick part comes. You reach into the water as fast as you can and just try to hook your claws in it - it doesn't really matter where as long as you get a good grip." The tom played out his explanations in motion as he talked, mock fishing each part out. "I would suggest, until you get better, to try to get the fish as far away from the water as you can so you reduce the chances of it flopping back in, so just try to scoop and toss it over your shoulder. And, as for killing it, you can bite the head or spine, or you can even whack it against something hard and it'll do the trick!"
Mosspaw laughs when he's shoved, soaking up the attention happily. He listens keenly to his mentor's words, nodding along to all of his instructions and committing them to memory quickly. "Uh-huh, ok... ok!" He almost jumps up again, but contains himself as he looks into the water. "Can I try it?" He stares deeply at the way the water ripples, excited nerves bubbling up in his chest. He shifts in his seat slightly, wiggling as if to pounce into the water-- but he knows that would be absurd.
Old September 8th, 2020, 09:33 AM
AHHH

Quote:
Mosspaw laughs when he's shoved, soaking up the attention happily. He listens keenly to his mentor's words, nodding along to all of his instructions and committing them to memory quickly. "Uh-huh, ok... ok!" He almost jumps up again, but contains himself as he looks into the water. "Can I try it?" He stares deeply at the way the water ripples, excited nerves bubbling up in his chest. He shifts in his seat slightly, wiggling as if to pounce into the water-- but he knows that would be absurd.
Coastbreeze settled backward on his haunches as Mosspaw eagerly stepped up closer to the water, nodding his head. "Yeah, give it a go! Just be careful not to fall in." Not that Coastbreeze would mind if he did, since he'd love to jump into the water to "save" him.
Old September 8th, 2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:

Coastbreeze settled backward on his haunches as Mosspaw eagerly stepped up closer to the water, nodding his head. "Yeah, give it a go! Just be careful not to fall in." Not that Coastbreeze would mind if he did, since he'd love to jump into the water to "save" him.
Mosspaw smiles wide and stares into the water, chattering in anticipation. The tip of his tail twitches as he searches for any fish that might come up. It takes a while, but he finally spots what looks like a trout and shoots his paw into the water, claws unsheathed. He touches the fish with his claws, but they do nothing more than scrape along its side, and it swims away. Mosspaw turns apologetic eyes upon Coastbreeze, embarrassed beyong belief that he failed at something so easy.
Old September 8th, 2020, 11:42 AM

My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
”Hmm...“ She brought up her nose and parted her jaws. “How about that mouse over there?” She point her tail in the direction of the tree line where a small mouse was digging around the roots of a tree.

@Slinky
Spiritedleap nodded her head gently, a smile on her lips at the eagerness from her apprentice. Staying silent, she flicked her tail in the direction of the scratching mouse, watching attentively to how her apprentice would go for it.

Peppersnout(SC) | Brackenroot(SC) | Dappledheart(TC) | Thistlekit(TC)
Spiritedleap(RC) | Sproutkit(WC) | Lionblaze(WC) | Scooter(Rogue) | Muggy(Kittypet)

My Character Finder

Old September 8th, 2020, 11:59 AM
AHHH

Quote:
Mosspaw smiles wide and stares into the water, chattering in anticipation. The tip of his tail twitches as he searches for any fish that might come up. It takes a while, but he finally spots what looks like a trout and shoots his paw into the water, claws unsheathed. He touches the fish with his claws, but they do nothing more than scrape along its side, and it swims away. Mosspaw turns apologetic eyes upon Coastbreeze, embarrassed beyong belief that he failed at something so easy.
Coastbreeze shakes his head with a smile at Moospaw's apologetic look. "I didn't get it on my first try either." He reassured him. "Don't be afraid to really get those fish with your claws, dig in as far as you can so you can get a good enough grip to pull it out." The tom dipped his head back toward the water. "Keep trying. You'll get one with a bit more practice."
Old September 8th, 2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:

Coastbreeze shakes his head with a smile at Moospaw's apologetic look. "I didn't get it on my first try either." He reassured him. "Don't be afraid to really get those fish with your claws, dig in as far as you can so you can get a good enough grip to pull it out." The tom dipped his head back toward the water. "Keep trying. You'll get one with a bit more practice."
Mosspaw sighs. "Ok, I guess..." he looks back into the water, put off by his first failure. When a fish comes by this time, he shoots his paw out slower and nearly misses it, but his claw catches it by its top fin and he pulls it out of the water. It takes him a second to detatch it from his claw, and once he does it flops around on the bank. "Uhhhh, what do I do to kill it again, Coastbreeze??"