Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Warriors' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by goodacacia
Today 11:25 AM
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by Mica
Today 11:16 AM
LF: wolf art
by BEAR.
Last post by burntToast
Today 11:14 AM
i want to know what love...
by Aroogi
Last post by Aroogi
Today 11:14 AM
Fading's first search party
Last post by Blaaze
Today 11:12 AM

Old December 15th, 2023, 11:41 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Haggard Ruins

There was no hesitation on his end, lowering himself into a crouch. Wolfpaw hadn't really gone hunting in ages, and from a lack of practice came plenty of imperfections. For starters, his paws were too close and his tail was dangerously near the ground - if he crept over a stick, it could rustle it and alert prey. "How's this?"

[ @Galaxy_ ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old December 15th, 2023, 11:44 AM
Hiatuses

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Festive1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
There was no hesitation on his end, lowering himself into a crouch. Wolfpaw hadn't really gone hunting in ages, and from a lack of practice came plenty of imperfections. For starters, his paws were too close and his tail was dangerously near the ground - if he crept over a stick, it could rustle it and alert prey. "How's this?"

[ @Galaxy_ ]

Sagefern looked disgusted. "What in the foxbrain is that?" he meowed towards wolfpaw. "First of all your paws are way to close you tail is to close to the ground" Sagefern shook his head. "have you never gone hunting before?"
Old December 15th, 2023, 11:50 AM
work is never done

Wolfpaw flicked his ears, debating on how to take Sagefern's tone, but he adjusted his positionings accordingly. That did feel a bit more... balance. "No," it was flat. "Just some fighting and a patrol, really. So, thanks for the assist." He decided he didn't mind the tone, he liked it more than being babied. Made him feel .. better about things.

[ @Galaxy_ ]

Old December 15th, 2023, 12:37 PM
Hiatuses

Quote:
Wolfpaw flicked his ears, debating on how to take Sagefern's tone, but he adjusted his positionings accordingly. That did feel a bit more... balance. "No," it was flat. "Just some fighting and a patrol, really. So, thanks for the assist." He decided he didn't mind the tone, he liked it more than being babied. Made him feel .. better about things.

[ @Galaxy_ ]

Sagefern rolled his eyes. "Its a slightly bit better" he said in a savage tone "You that mousebrain nose of yours use that stance and so Starclan help me you break a twig or your tail hits that ground I'll make you train like a softbelly kit"
Old December 19th, 2023, 06:16 AM
work is never done

Wolfpaw let out a little hmm. "If it's only slightly better, then what can I do to improve it?" The first pointers helped, but Sagefern wasn't giving him lots to go off. He didn't bother to veil the scoff that escaped him. "Push me all you want, you don't scare me."

[ @Galaxy_ ]

Old December 19th, 2023, 07:10 AM
Hiatuses

Quote:
Wolfpaw let out a little hmm. "If it's only slightly better, then what can I do to improve it?" The first pointers helped, but Sagefern wasn't giving him lots to go off. He didn't bother to veil the scoff that escaped him. "Push me all you want, you don't scare me."

[ @Galaxy_ ]

Sagefern moved wolfpaws leg slightly back with his nose and lowered his tail just a bit. "Try that"
Old December 19th, 2023, 08:53 PM
work is never done

Wolfpaw let Sagefern make the adjustments. It felt slightly better, but the difference wasn't by much. "Am I good to stalk now?" He wanted to make sure he had the all clear to try moving forward. If the form wasn't good, then his movements had no chance.

[ @Galaxy_ ]

Old December 20th, 2023, 05:09 PM
Hiatuses

Quote:
Wolfpaw let Sagefern make the adjustments. It felt slightly better, but the difference wasn't by much. "Am I good to stalk now?" He wanted to make sure he had the all clear to try moving forward. If the form wasn't good, then his movements had no chance.

[ @Galaxy_ ]

Sagefern nodded. "Sure go and try"
Old December 20th, 2023, 10:25 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedstalagmite. View Post
// / / //
╰┈➤ ᵗⁱⁿʸᵖⁱⁿᵉ
²¹ ᵐᵒᵒⁿˢ ; ˢʰᵉ⁻ᶜᵃᵗ ; ˢᵗʳᵃⁱᵍʰᵗ
silver charcoal, short bengal she w/ a lighter underbelly and green eyes.

tinypine bounded over beside violetfreckle, little limbs skipping over a few strands of her own fur on the way over. she didn't like the way she was built! she was pretty sure some apprentices were taller than her.. she was short, that was certain. ``hey violet! how'ya doin'?`` she greeted happily, sitting and waiting for cougarshade beside violetfreckle. tucking her head, she groomed the fur on her chest, and the fur on her paws to keep her from slipping on her own pelt.

yawning, she tapped her tail among the peat beneath, claws flexing and kneading steadily. waiting wasn't her strong suit, but the patrol was slightly unexpected; so tinypine could wait a few. how ironic, she thought, tiny. her name.. tiny; her being the runt of her mother's litter. how cruel underlying things could mean; her mother only based her name off of her- ...size. she knew she wasn't gonna be able to catch much, but she hoped she wasn't gonna be a complete, deadbeat burden.
•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

The dark lilac tabby blinked as she looked... down? To see her patrolmate. Well, the name Tinyine made sense now. "I'm doing... well, as well as one can be during this season, right?" There was a pause. It seemed Cougarshade was intent on missing this patrol, so Violetfreckle stood and flicked her tail. "Shall we?" And with that, she ducked out of camp.

Haggard Ruins, a place she'd heard of but never been. It was funny how many patrols she'd been leading lately. Sure, it had been more than a pawful of moons since she joined ThunderClan, but one would expect her to be on a few patrols before actually leading them to unknown places. It took an awkward amount of time and a bit of backtracking but she eventually found the place, and... StarClan, it was about as welcoming as the name implied. As she looked into the pit that sat in the center of the area, her stomach turned. Yikes. "We'd better be careful of this. We don't want any unexpected injuries, huh?" She let out a small laugh, though didn't think it was genuine enough to hide the fear that coarsed through her veins.

No matter. It was time to hunt. With a nod toward Tinypine, she quickly crept through the undergrowth and away from that Starsdamned pit. It wasn't long until she picked up the scent of a squirrel and found it nibbling at an acorn on the ground. Narrowing her eyes as she focused on the prey animal, she crept closer, closer... and pounced! The squirrel didn't even have time to drop its lunch before she landed squarely on its back, killing it.

One thing the snow was good for was preserving prey; Violetfreckle dug a small hole and covered her fresh kill with snow. Another scent quickly caught her attention, and it was tantilizing. It smelled earthy and delicious, and Violetfreckle crept forward to find a pheasant pecking at the ground, looking for seeds. She swiped her tongue across her jaw and stalked forward. Closer, closer... until she stepped on a twig hiding beneath the layer of snow. Both cat and bird froze, but cat was faster. The bird tried to run, flapping its wings frantically, but Violetfreckle managed to cut it off and pounce right on it, giving its neck a lethal nip.

The bird was fat and heavy -- Violetfreckle didn't even know how the bird had managed to eat so much food that it was this plump. Nevertheless, she was grateful, deciding to cut her hunting endeavors short there. She picked up her squirrel and, both prey pieces dangling from her jaw, made her way back to where she'd originally split from Tinypine. Hopefully the small she-cat had had good luck, just as Violet had. She dropped the prey to her paws and waited patiently.

- - - - -

// since heirgloom hasn't responded + we ended up only getting an extension til the 21st (which makes sense, i asked for the 26th because i thought initial patrols were due the 19th when they were due the 15th lol) this is just one long post, feel free to do the same or break it up into multiple! but i'll be reporting back in on the evening of the 21st, that way we get credit for the patrol ;w; \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old December 20th, 2023, 10:30 PM
meine maus.

Gender: afab -- ladybug / insect / wasp, he / him & she / her
Bump Policy: after three weeks
My Mood: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellichor View Post
•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

The dark lilac tabby blinked as she looked... down? To see her patrolmate. Well, the name Tinyine made sense now. "I'm doing... well, as well as one can be during this season, right?" There was a pause. It seemed Cougarshade was intent on missing this patrol, so Violetfreckle stood and flicked her tail. "Shall we?" And with that, she ducked out of camp.

Haggard Ruins, a place she'd heard of but never been. It was funny how many patrols she'd been leading lately. Sure, it had been more than a pawful of moons since she joined ThunderClan, but one would expect her to be on a few patrols before actually leading them to unknown places. It took an awkward amount of time and a bit of backtracking but she eventually found the place, and... StarClan, it was about as welcoming as the name implied. As she looked into the pit that sat in the center of the area, her stomach turned. Yikes. "We'd better be careful of this. We don't want any unexpected injuries, huh?" She let out a small laugh, though didn't think it was genuine enough to hide the fear that coarsed through her veins.

No matter. It was time to hunt. With a nod toward Tinypine, she quickly crept through the undergrowth and away from that Starsdamned pit. It wasn't long until she picked up the scent of a squirrel and found it nibbling at an acorn on the ground. Narrowing her eyes as she focused on the prey animal, she crept closer, closer... and pounced! The squirrel didn't even have time to drop its lunch before she landed squarely on its back, killing it.

One thing the snow was good for was preserving prey; Violetfreckle dug a small hole and covered her fresh kill with snow. Another scent quickly caught her attention, and it was tantilizing. It smelled earthy and delicious, and Violetfreckle crept forward to find a pheasant pecking at the ground, looking for seeds. She swiped her tongue across her jaw and stalked forward. Closer, closer... until she stepped on a twig hiding beneath the layer of snow. Both cat and bird froze, but cat was faster. The bird tried to run, flapping its wings frantically, but Violetfreckle managed to cut it off and pounce right on it, giving its neck a lethal nip.

The bird was fat and heavy -- Violetfreckle didn't even know how the bird had managed to eat so much food that it was this plump. Nevertheless, she was grateful, deciding to cut her hunting endeavors short there. She picked up her squirrel and, both prey pieces dangling from her jaw, made her way back to where she'd originally split from Tinypine. Hopefully the small she-cat had had good luck, just as Violet had. She dropped the prey to her paws and waited patiently.

- - - - -

// since heirgloom hasn't responded + we ended up only getting an extension til the 21st (which makes sense, i asked for the 26th because i thought initial patrols were due the 19th when they were due the 15th lol) this is just one long post, feel free to do the same or break it up into multiple! but i'll be reporting back in on the evening of the 21st, that way we get credit for the patrol ;w; \\

@vellichor
༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
// / / //
╰┈➤ ᵗⁱⁿʸᵖⁱⁿᵉ
²¹ ᵐᵒᵒⁿˢ ; ˢʰᵉ⁻ᶜᵃᵗ ; ˢᵗʳᵃⁱᵍʰᵗ
silver charcoal, short rosette tabby she w/ a lighter underbelly and green eyes.
voice claim; liana flores // dainty , gentle

tinypine struggled to catch up with the significantly taller she-cat. running, no- sprinting after her made her fur spiral and her legs ache. it was fascinating to her- how the taller just cantered, while she had to catch up in hurried steps. due to her size, she was lighter, making it harder to hear her. her paws bounded across the nature floors as she opened her maw, scanning for prey. the snow was catching up to her belly fur and she was afraid she'd step too far and fall in, losing herself to frostbite. intriguing how cruel the mere weather could be on such a mere little cat. though she expected it; she was smaller as an apprentice, she'd not grown much since then.

Haggard Ruins, no? she'd never been there before. she hoped prey was plentiful there; but she doubted it, prey was out either hibernating or hiding. her mind was running unnecessarily; why? she wasn't sure. everything was happening at once. it frightened her. this patrol? it was like a walk; yet she couldn't distract herself, that darned tom was getting to her head. had she really /needed/ to talk to that ShadowClan cat? she.. was unsure.

pausing, with her mouthed opened, she caught a /strong/ scent of a mourning dove. such a rare scent for such a cold season. and it was fresh, as it was strong. she lifted her tail, looking up into the trees. the scent had carried on to the foliage above, leaves rustling. she wasn't sure if she was going to catch it; her short legs got her barely above 2 feet off the ground. but she was determined. her clan needed food.

crouching, she stalked closer, making sure no branch or twig left astray weren't stepped upon. the bird, unsuspecting, flew down to the cold sleet of snow beneath, leaving tinypine a perfect time to.. pounce!

the bird was startled, its wings flapping around vigorously as it chirped desperately; although noises cut short as she gave the bird's neck a sickening crack. she licked her maw, finally looking down and observed it. like violetfreckle's prey, it was plump; where had it gone to eat this much food? how did it get this.. fat? she was thankful it had landed on the ground before she pounced, or else she would have never caught it. she felt powerful; like something had been lifted off of her shoulders. maybe it was the feeling of finally not betraying her clan? not seeing that oh-so handsome ShadowClan tom, creekstep? she shouldn't feel this way about a mere meeting. they didn't do anything- other than talk within their borders.

tinypine, after finishing burying the dove, opened her maw once more. she spotted a squirrel.. although it looked scrawny. she heard a magpie- perfect. just what she needed. it sounded healthy, too, so probably just as, if not, more plump than the mourning dove. how could she get such prey? she was just that perfect!

letting out a satisfied trill, she was careful to keep her pawsteps light as she stalked toward the sound of the magpie. analyzing her surroundings, she noticed it perched atop a bramble bush, plucking at leaves in its boredom. it wouldn't be bored for long- even less, breathing- for it was going to be dead and delightfully plucked from its feathers and eaten to the bone. hefty it was, the sturdy branches of the bush moved with the magpie as it jerked its head around, letting out raspy chatters and loud chirps.

crouching, her eyes narrowed as her ears pinned to her head, her tail swaying just right above the thick, white snow. her belly fur were too thin enough to make noise, so, silently, she went forward, her pawsteps light as she effortlessly hunted, keeping a sharp eye on the magpie. then.. she pounced.

she let out a grunt as she realized she had missed.

wait.. no she didn't.

her claw was stuck inside the bird's wing, the chatter of the magpie alerting surrounding prey, sending them running. she hurriedly snatched the bird back, nipping it harshly and just silently hoping that the other prey were assured and didn't /completely/ leave. pouncing right over the bush, she carried the magpie in her jaws, head held high.

not because she was cocky, because its feathers were dragging against the ground. it was getting heavy. how was she going to carry the mourning dove? she'd figure it out. digging the dove right back out of the snow, she grabbed it, tossing it onto her back. that should do it, hm?

``let us get going. i think we've caught enough.`` tinypine's dainty voice said softly, tail held high as she walked. she sighed, shaking her head. she was beginning to get tired, and they way she had to sprint to get here- it wasn't a short enough walk.

Last edited by jaguar !! ^^; December 20th, 2023 at 11:40 PM.