Today 09:55 PM
Earning My Keep [Eaglepaw...
by Mica
Last post by occultation
Today 09:52 PM

Old January 15th, 2023, 01:01 PM

My Mood: Devilish

Default Re: Desolated Tracks

chiyo blinked in confusion as he looked up from hunting. The vole he was chasing had run away from a noise. He pricked his ears up. Rustling. A loud squeak. Silence. More rustling. He froze. Was a fox there? He opened his jaws to scent the air. Phew. No fox. But an unfamiliar scent. He padded closer to the rustle. It was near the tracks. He shivered. The jump down was far and the leap up was hard. But still, he leapt down from the platform to the worn tracks, nimbly landing on four paws.

He could see, a silhouette. A cat. He froze. Would the cat run away, or attack him? He could smell the scent of mice from there. He picked his way over to the unknown cat. ”hello?” he called softly, tail lashing in tension.

[ @canineantics ]
Old January 15th, 2023, 01:21 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

MICKEY ( @Sharkii )
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻
Tearing another sliver of meat off the bones of the mouse between his paws, the long-furred tomcat ate in near complete silence, besides the very soft sound of his own chewing. His eyes continued to watch the snowflakes, thoughtful about many things that nobody would ever know. Then, the sound of approaching pawsteps perked his ears and made Mickey turn his head, locking onto an unknown figure: another cat. He wasn’t surprised that there were other cats around here, but the bobtailed loner still remained alert. After all, this cat could see this place as their territory and stake claim to his meal that he had just caught. Mickey watched as the other cat called softly out to him, their tail lashing anxiously behind them. Hm. He didn’t immediately respond, nor did he move. No, he only stared for what seemed like a long time, going over the options in his head regarding how to go about this. Sure, he could run. He could fight. He could do many things. Stars, he could even ignore them and act like they weren't even there. But, that seemed troublesome to do.

“...Hello.” Mickey would eventually respond dryly, his voice quiet, hardly above a whisper. His claws would stay sheathed, and his fur laid flat. Overall, the lone tomcat showed no signs of aggression or any territorial displays for that matter. If anything, the brown-furred tom just had a more solitary, awkward aura surrounding him, as if he hadn't spoken to anyone in a very, very long time. Mickey wondered if this other cat was interested in his food, or elsewise.

Last edited by Captain; January 15th, 2023 at 01:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old January 15th, 2023, 02:15 PM

Chiyo shuffled his paws. Oh great badgers, this was getting awkward. He looked into the tom’s eyes, then away. He didn’t know what to say. The tom was quiet for a moment. Huh, silent type? Ughhh maybe they were thinking wether to attack him. He planted his claws firmly into the ground, tail swishing slowly. His blue eyes pierced through the darkness and he shivered as a gust of wind slammed into him.

The tom replied, with a voice no lower than a whisper. He had to strain his ears to hear them. He blinked. Maybe this cat was passing through. It was getting late. He blinked again, slowly. He should get back to the small den he made. Oh, but he couldn’t just leave the cat there! “Hey..do you live around here?” he asked, taking a step forward, his eyes darting back and forth, ready to react to any sudden confrontation or aggression.

@canineantics
Old January 15th, 2023, 03:14 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

MICKEY ( @Sharkii )
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻
There was no hiding the rising tension in the air between them, both cats trying to read the other to see what they’d do. Mickey noticed every little thing that this stranger did, from the anxious shuffling of their paws to the smooth swish of their tail. He honestly wouldn’t blame them if they scurried away at any moment. The lone tom wasn’t looking for a fight today, but his eerily calm demeanor wasn’t exactly the most trusting look to have. Soon, the stranger asked Mickey a question. Did he live here? The bobtailed loner glanced around, looking up at the broken down mess of a once twoleg den. “No.” He said, in the same quiet tone, after giving a gentle shake of his head. This was his first time coming to this place, and it was not familiar whatsoever to the fluffy feline. Any place that he had once called home was far from here, or at least, Mickey assumed so. He had lost track of time and distance a long while ago.

Glancing down at the mostly eaten mouse, he thought for a few moments before his steady green-hued gaze settled back on the stranger. Without saying a word, nor changing his expression, Micky pushed the rest of the carcass towards the other loner with his right paw. An offer. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old January 16th, 2023, 12:25 AM

Chiyo blinked in surprise as the stranger pushed the mouse to him. He didn’t know what to do. ”oh..it’s okay. I’ve eaten plenty.” he mewed, shaking his head. His blue eyes shone in the darkness. The sky was now dark, under the moon, was a whole universe of stars. He sighed deeply. “I’m Chiyo.” he meowed blinking warmly. ”it’s really late, if you want, I have a barn you can stay over in for the night,” he offered. He watched the steely tom watch him in the darkness. Yiiikeess. he was getting intimidating..

He suddenly broke into cold sweat. ” Uhm, I mean if you want to!” he suddenly yowled, smiling nervously. “I’m…I’m not going to catnap you or anything!!” ughhhhh why. Why did you say that Chiyo? Waaa… I was only trying to show them some kindness! This makes me look evil nowwwwww!

@canineantics
Old May 6th, 2023, 11:26 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Nathaniel wasnt..... Yeah he wasnt going to far into this place. This place was a risk to be in and there was little return to lingering here. There, of course, was at least one return, one big enough to draw the tom to this place. Cobwebs. As Snakeheart the medicine cat had never had an issue finding the critical healing supply given it could be found in every little crevasse and log. Not to mention the cobwebs he could get from the spiders that infested his den at one point or the carefully cultivated silk caterpillars that were a gift from Ebonyfang. Now thought..... As it turned out twolegs hated cobwebs. They got rid of them whereever they found them cleaning them from their strange boxy dens and even the spaces outside. So Nathaniel was stuck venturing off to places the twolegs did not go, where they did not clean, at least not anymore.

So the tracks.... yay.....

The tom was skittish and methodical darting from space to space of the silver white thread with purpose and a mouth full of sticks. At each spot he had a routine. Stick the sticks in the web and twist, twist and turn until it was wrapped around the stick like a cattail and then stick the bundle to his fur. Move on and repeat.

In no time at all the healer was done darting off as anxious as he came back to his little den in the park to leave the cobwebs in his store then desperately try and wash off before it was time to go home. After all if he returned home dirty he'd be getting a bath from his twolegs, and while the water wasnt so bad, the overpowering perfume of the soap was the worst thing about Nathaniel's new kittypet life.
Old June 16th, 2023, 03:06 PM

My Mood: Paranoid

Darkest Night, a Tribe cat, wanders here
Old September 9th, 2023, 11:39 PM
nothing's forever

spider exists. because...well.

because he did.

because in the end, he was a filthy coward who ran back to those fur-less twolegs with their tail between their legs, practically yowling his pleas to be taken back to the easy life.

and he had been. because he was a cute cat and everybody loved him.

he sniffed the ground with distaste, a new bell collar shackling embracing his neck. it tinkled a sweet, metallic sound as he moved his head low, studying the world around him. lost? maybe.

he did tend to get lost.

not this time, though.
Old September 10th, 2023, 06:44 AM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarra View Post
spider exists. because...well.

because he did.

because in the end, he was a filthy coward who ran back to those fur-less twolegs with their tail between their legs, practically yowling his pleas to be taken back to the easy life.

and he had been. because he was a cute cat and everybody loved him.

he sniffed the ground with distaste, a new bell collar shackling embracing his neck. it tinkled a sweet, metallic sound as he moved his head low, studying the world around him. lost? maybe.

he did tend to get lost.

not this time, though.

Nagini
(She/her)

Nagini didn't usally roam the twoleg place but today she felt a need for...what do you call it now...? Ah adventure yes that lovely thing that desperate cats looking to have a break from their miserable lives by searching new places for new foolish things...ok so mabye she wasn't that instead she was looking for those cats...just for fun of course...~

Teal eyes scanning the tracks carelessly the rouge's ears suddenly pricked up at the sound of a strange tinkling sound hmm sounds...interesting...and mabye worth investigating who knows mabye there would be a sweet little kitten there searching for...a purpose...? Oh what a scene that would be~

Stalking silently towards the sound bloodlust and eagerness shone in the molly's gaze as she searched for her helpless(or mabye not) next victim of her so called...fun.

The sleek tortishell soon spotted what she was certain was kittypet, oh and what a pretty one~ How lovely the most unexpecting cat of all a pampered little kitty who'd wandered away from its master.

"My, my what a beautiful twoleg present you have darling~" she sung charmingly standing tall on pile of rubble before completely randomly lunging at Spider's collar and aiming to pull him to the ground with it and pin him before mabye having a little chit chat and then she'd free him of his worthless life after all that's what she did.

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Last edited by Morrigan; September 10th, 2023 at 09:29 AM.
Old September 10th, 2023, 04:13 PM
nothing's forever

if he looked long enough at the ground, at the distant swaying grasses and stirring dust, he'd notice. the earth's breath, like little sighs. things that constantly shift and move, as if they could never choose where to stay.

that sweet song chimed as they rose their head, hearing a charming endearment directed to himself. he breathed with the earth, turning his welcoming gaze upon -

well, things don't always work out. not everybody who breathed with the earth was as gentle as its nature.

spider huffed, releasing the trapped air in his lungs. that jingling sound rose up once again, frantic under the grasp of the other. they squirmed under the pinning weight, and alarm tinged their golden gaze.

"what," he gasped in an articulated wheeze, relenting in their weak efforts to move only to stare up, broken and confused. lost.

@The Doctor