Old June 10th, 2024, 06:04 PM
Little Snowflake

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Shadekit
She/her || 4 moons || Shadowclan

---
Shadekit was sitting by herself in a shadowy corner of camp, watching the hustle of camp, alone with her thoughts. Suddenly, she heard a very loud meow. She startled, her tail bushing up and her thought process broken. She turned to glare at the direction of the meow, and saw Marshykit, who seemed to be yelling at the top of his lungs.

Her fur prickled in embarrassment and irritation. She got startled like a useless kit. But then, I am one, she thought bitterly. Soon, she comforted herself. Soon I will be important.

She started listening to what Marshykit was actually saying. A story? She thought scornfully. Why would anyone want a story when there were actual things to be doing? But then again, it did sound entertaining... No, she thought. I have better things to be doing then listening to some made-up nonsense.

Shadekit knew that her sister, Twilightkit, would want her to socialize, and make friends. But she didn't want to. I'm perfectly fine without social interaction, she had argued. But maybe... No, she thought firmly. I don't care. And besides, she was still cross for startling so easily. If I want to be a warrior, I need to stop being cowardly, she thought, scraping her claws against the dirt. And not participating in useless activities. And yet she still had a small part of her who wanted to go up to Marshykit and maybe make a friend. Of course she wouldn't, content to sit in the shadows, but still...

Her thought process kept on going like this, round and round, and as she was arguing to herself, she stopped paying attention to what's around her. Usually she is very attentive to what's happening, very observing. But right now she isn't.
---

@Weekend-Wondering - Marshykit
My CharacterHub

Last edited by snowflake.; June 10th, 2024 at 06:06 PM.
Old June 11th, 2024, 03:36 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

palesong curiously watched everyone

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Mistyshard Kit Finder
Old June 11th, 2024, 06:41 AM
revenge is a fools game

Bump Policy: every 3 days :3
My Mood: Yeehaw

roachflares gaze shifted from cat to cat as he lay hidden, wrapped in shadows, at the edge of camp. [activity, open to cats that know him]

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Old June 11th, 2024, 07:48 AM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Never

Marshykit
Male / 5 Moons / ShadowClan / Sexuality Unknown
Russet tabby tom with cream-brown fur around the torso, blue and yellow heterochromatic eyes, and a naturally sinister expression

Well there’s no point to misery without joy, now is there? Just like there’s no point to beauty without brains! That last part is something that you, my friend, need to work on!
~Marshykit

✽❀✽

To the little tom-kit’s disappointment, none of his clanmates appeared to be immediately interested in hearing out one of his stories. His eyebrows furrowed, and with a deep sigh, Marshykit began to gaze sorrowfully around the clearing. That was quite a shame… he had thought that his story would be quite interesting to tell, as well as to hear and watch. His heterochromatic stare darted from cat to cat in the clearing, pausing on each and every one o confirm that he wasn’t at least receiving some unspoken attention from any of them. Maybe they’re still… considering! He decided, whiskers twitching in excitment. That’s right! Maybe they’re still considering coming to me for a story. Of course, who- excluding all of the idiots, jerks, brats, and pessimists- doesn’t like a story? Goodness, EVEN some of the idiots, jerks, brats, and pessimists love a good story! But why can’t they understand that that’s exactly what I’m offering? That it’s exactly what I want to give them…? But one thing was for certain: Marshykit wasn’t going to end this until he found a story-victim to bother.

That was when Marshykit’s gaze landed on one of his denmates, a black she-kit with gray stripes running down her pelt called, “Shadekit.” The dark-furred she-it was sitting alone and unbothered in one of the shadowy corners of ShadowClan’s new camp, and for the most part, she had seemed decently uh disturbed until Marshykit had decided to start screaming for the entire world to hear. Now, did Marshykit understand and realize that he was the reason Shadekit’s peace was ruined? Yes. However, did Marshykit care? No. Instead, Marshykit stared at the she-kit through narrowed eyes, squinting to try and get a better look on her reaction just as he had the rest of the cats in camp. I doubt she’ll be too interested in any sort of story, anyway, but… then again… His right ear flicked in amusement. …I don’t know her all too well, I cannot make assumptions! In fact… maybe a story could encourage her to be a bit more social, even! Interesting… Marshykit, satisfied, let his tail swish to fall over his front paws as he stared.

But after a few long moments of squinting and staring at his striped denmate, the russet and cream tabby coudln’t help but notice that she didn’t seem to be in the happiest of states. Mildly puzzled, Marshykit blinked and focused his vision to get a better look, and once he did, he began to notice how much he had truly startled her. The tabby tom-kit took an internal note covering the bushing up and prickling of Shadekit’s fur as whatever thoughts she had been enjoying were swiped from her, replaced by Marshykit and what had just finished being the obnoxious sound of his voice. Marshykit cocked his head to the side, blinking again with his tail curling in anticipation. Very easily startled, is she not? He asked himself. A small smile crossed his face as Marshykit stared at Shadekit and her situation. That’s HILARIOUS! I had thought she was on the braver, more powerfully-stood side! I suppose I don’t know her enough then! Only one way to change that… an introduction, then onto a story! And maybe she’ll even- oh!?

Marshykit jerked his head back when he realized the striped she-kit was glaring in his direction, her annoyance with his howling growing obvious. Marshykit mumbled a, “Hmph!” and felt his tail start to tap against the ground eith… excitement. Oh, does she despise me now? That’s new… and absolutely LOVELY! Oh, how I love being hated… the drama! Now, I doubt this is the path I’m headed down with Shadekit, but many story-rivals even make it onto the same page and become close friends, if not more! Shadekit and I? I’m sure she’ll hate me forever, even IF I tell her a wonder-story, but that’s also interesting! I have no reason to complain, this is just PERFECT! If Shadekit was annoyed with him this early, then she was bound to dislike him even more once this interaction was over. Marshykit felt his heart begin to bounce up and down like mad, and his smile grew as he proceeded to stare. This, this right here, was drama.

And once Shadekit’s fur pricked with embarrassment, Marshykit raised an eyebrow. Oh? He centered his focus on the she-kit’s face and tried to read her expression. Is she extra angry with me? No, that can’t be it… embarrassment, perhaps? Oh, but what for? Marshykit out some thought into it, brain swirling and whirling with ideas and thoughts. Then finally, the realization clicked. Ah! She’s humiliated, that’s it! Possibly because she got so startled once I called out to everybody in camp? At that thought, sympathy began to dance in Marshykit’s eyes. Aw! Of course she feels that way, with what I think is a grumpy and pessimistic personality! She probably fears vulnerability, that sound ABOUT right…! Yes, Shadekit was interesting to Marshykit. The tabby tom-kit was feeling a strong urge to speak with her, and when he had an urge, he never ignored it. So confidently, Marshykit hopped onto all four of his paws, and with a proud smile crossing his face, he strode forward in his striped denmate’s direction.

He waited until he was just in front of her before grunting, and once he was close enough to be heard clearly, he spoke. “Greetings, there, Shadekit!” With the flick of his tail towards himself, he offered a friendly smile. “Why, you look rather anti-social and unhappy at the moment, don’t you agree! I am Marshykit, that drama-obsessed denmate of yours who probably starts singing literally every time he wakes up!” Marshykit shrank down into a sitting position, tail returning to lay over his paws, keeping his smile up and wide. Well, at least I’m honest with my own introduction! Surely Shadekit would have to give him credit for the truth in all that he said? Marshykit waited for a quick moment before speaking again. “Anyway, because you look terribly miserable over here by yourself, I thought I would come and change that, so we can be in a rotten mood together!

Marshykit, happy to have somebody rude to make fun of, pointed to his face with his tail tip, and exaggerated a grumpy and miserable expression as much as he could. Through gritted teeth, he told Shadekit, “This is how you look. Grumpy, angsty, bratty! Now why don’t we change that, shall we? How about to… this!” Quickly, the smile jumped bakc onto his face and Marshykit nodded to Shadekit hurriedly. “What I’m saying is- I think we can make this morning a happier one for you, a grumpy pessimist with nothing better to do than hate on her clanmates because… well, why not! Am I correct?” Whatever Shadekit’s answer to this was, Marshykit mostly ignored it and piped, “The answer was YES! I am correct, always!

Finally, he finished his offer off. “Now, Shadekit, I’m sure you heard me yowling my face of for the entirety of the forest to hear yes?” His smile dropped just a little as he explained the less funny things, reaching the informative part of his approach. “Here’s what I can do. I want to tell you about some of your personality through story… but in order to do so, I would need you to introduce yourself! Without spitting and snapping at me, that is! Would you be so kind as to… possibly give it a try? Just this once?” He blinked over and over as he waited for a response, smile with teeth and leaning forward enthusiastically. Then as if it was helpful at all, he added, “And well, who knows! Maybe a story will make you less of an angsty villain, even!

✽❀✽

~ @SnowheartTC ~

I have left WCO due to recovery purposes. For more detail, consider checking my last visitor message on my profile, and if it ever gets buried beneath anything else, feel free to repost it. With that said, I wish the best for this site and everybody involved, so stay as happy and healthy as you can, everyone.

Old June 11th, 2024, 11:44 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Bored

he/him // 8 moons
50/100

---

Everyone's been so busy with war that his training has all but halted. It was frustrating. It was... Unfair. Chin set upon his paws, he stares blankly out into the empty camp, bitter that he wasn't trained enough to do much of anything quite yet. Maybe Fenneldrop was around. She would surely teach him something, right? She seemed alright, compared to everyone else... Despite being born here he's never felt so... Lonely. What an odd feeling. He's decided that he doesn't like it.

fenneldrop mention | @alkaline

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Rose stopped by to plant a garden here.
Old June 11th, 2024, 12:25 PM
❝ meow! ❞ ✧ ೃ༄

fenneldrop
She usually sleeps during the day. But it's hard to get comfortable in a nest surrounded by other nests, in an unfamiliar camp surrounded by cats - who suddenly seemed so dangerous.

With a long-winded sigh, Fenneldrop rolled out of the nettles and moss and strode into the camp clearing. The light made her wince, even though the clouds were obscuring the sun.

Her gaze swept over the clearing and landed on Bitternpaw. She hadn't seen him since the move. She padded over to him, studying his prone figure. He looks... sad. Fenneldrop stands over the apprentice and clears her throat. "Why so glum, kiddo?" she asks. She carefully sits a small distance from the small cat. See, he doesn't seem as dangerous. Stoic, normally, aside from now, but not quite volatile.

It feels less like a risk to hold his company than it is with some other cats, if only because she knows how loyal this apprentice seems to his clan.
@silver.
Old June 11th, 2024, 12:42 PM
I'VE BEEN UNLEASHED!

Bump Policy: once every 5 days - 2 if time sensitive
My Mood: Sleepy

Darkfall: "The Spectre"

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Hulk SMASH! [Inactive]

CW: Dissociation

Lately, the dark-furred tom had been laying low, completing tasks as given to him and not doing anything to draw the ire of his higher-ups. Of course, that is what he usually did, but lately, he’d been a bit extra careful. Why, you ask? Well, because he had some goals he was working toward. A little over a moon had passed since he was demoted, and he was growing increasingly frustrated with the lack of freedom that he had grown accustomed to. It was gross.

Itching to get out of camp, The Spectre sought out Hawkbite. The older tom seemed irritated with him as of late, and he wanted to get that sorted out. By sorted out, of course, he meant that they would be sparing. You see, The Spectre had adopted the idea that everything could be sorted out through some friendly competition (or fighting). Made at your boss? Do a bit of wrestling. In an argument with your mate? See who can catch the most prey. Demoted because of some shenanigans? Well, fight the higher ups and show that you deserve your spot back. That’s how he saw it at least.

After doing some stretching and limbering up, he scanned the clearing with azure blue eyes. It was midday now, and the sun was hiding behind an overcast set of clouds. Perhaps it would rain later. Thankfully, it wasn’t too hot today and the weather was presently mild enough. The conditions were perfect for a small bout to resolve their differences and frustrations.

”Hawkbite,” The Spectre called, inclining his head slightly in greeting ”Care to join me for a friendly spar?” Though he said it was friendly, truthfully, he had some gripes of his own with the tom, however, that was neither here nor there. The recent battle had been disappointing, at least for him. There was little fighting that he managed to involve himself in, and his claws were still itching to get involved with something. Well, perhaps the commander of the enforcers would be able to entertain him a bit and resolve that frustration.

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old June 11th, 2024, 06:22 PM
Little Snowflake

Shadekit
Pure black pelt;Barely visible dark gray mackerel tabby markings like shadows upon shadows; Amber eyes

---

Shadekit was arguing with herself still, when she heard a meow. She turned, pinning Marshykit with her amber eyes. He must have seen me, she thought. Her fur prickled in annoyance that she hadn't been paying enough attention to her surroundings. Yes, she remembered this kit. He was always too loud to approach. She listened to what Marshykit was saying with an unreadable expression. I'm not in a rotten mood, she thought. I don't hate my clanmates, and I was having a perfectly fine morning, until somebody decided to interrupt.

Shadekit clearly didn't want to do anything with this obnoxious kit, just introducing himself made it clear. She couldn't believe that she had actually considered it. But Marshykit obviously wouldn't let up if she refused, would possibly make fun of her, and worse. She calculated through her head, and though she didn't like it, she could see that she had to oblige, if only to make him go away. "Fine," she muttered.

"I like to watch. I guess you could call it observing. I like to be alone, and I certainly don't like loud kits who barrages cats with words." And I want to be important, she added in her thoughts. But she wasn't going to let this... stranger know everything about herself. "I'm not fond of any other cats, really," except Twilightkit, she thought, but that didn't matter... Twilightkit is her sister, so of course... But I'm getting off track. "I'm not grumpy, or a villain. Like I said, I like to be alone," she mewed pointedly, "And..." she trailed off, not really knowing how to describe herself much more. "That's all."

Hopefully, that would be enough for Marshykit to leave her alone. If not, then I could just leave, thought he'd probably follow me. Or I could snap at him, make him not want to interact with me, though I don't know about that... Of course, I could always say, "Look out! Behind you!" Then slip away without him noticing. Yes, she liked that last option. But she was prepared for other outcomes... Though it's impossible to be prepared for all the outcomes, she knew.

---

@Weekend-Wondering - Marshykit
My CharacterHub
Old June 11th, 2024, 07:57 PM
Little Snowflake

Shadekit
Pure black pelt; barely visible dark gray mackerel tabby markings; amber eyes

---

"What I'm looking at..." She trailed off, staring at Mosquitokit for a second, thinking, what a weird kit. Why was it his business what I'm looking at? "Why?" She asked sharply. She was just trying to enjoy the quiet evening, and this kit just had to ask really confusing and unnecessary questions. She looked at Mosquitokit, seeing his discomfort. Why is he uncomfortable, when he was the one stalking me??

Her fur prickled in slight annoyance, questions whirling through her head. She paused to think. He seemed really awkward around me, and the quiet approach... He must not have much friends, or at least not have much social skills. Well, thats obvious, she thought. But then again, she didn't, so who was she to criticize? Though she preferred to be alone... Oh. He must be trying to make a friend. Well, he went to the wrong cat. I don't want to socialize, I don't need friends.

Though of course there's the possibility that he wasn't trying to make a friend, he was just genuinely curious about what Shadekit was looking at, but... Why? It's so weird. She focused back on Mosquitokit, waiting for an answer.

---

@kenjaku - Mosquitokit

(Sorry for the late reply, oops-)
My CharacterHub
Old June 12th, 2024, 05:40 AM
Pfp by @/Dolomedes!

Bump Policy: ALWAYS. PLEASEEEE
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post

->> roachflare <<-
[ he/him | shadowclan | 15moons | purrks ]
mudslides response earned a humm from the smaller feline, "must'a taken em on before mossfreckle earned his full rank" he commented absentmindedly, eyes still scanning their surroundings while dark tail tip tapped the ground rhythmically. somewhere between restlessness and anxiety sloshing back and forth inside him he was tired. shoulders loose he let the majority of his weight lean on his front paws, roach was well aware that slouching like that would make him complain about aching limbs later but for now he didnt care. light, two coloured tail curling around his smaller frame earned mudslide a low purr, head tilted up to meet her eyes once more.
roach wondered if his friend had picked up on the nervous energy that felt like it was radiating off him or if she was the one in need of calm, chirping birds n quiet rustle of leaves. "three." he mewed, letting the silence stretch before specifying the rules "only with permission"

Mudslide
She, Her\Warrior\14 moons\Shadowclan
"I miss the yellow. I miss the yellin' and the shake downs."

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·
Three? Oh stars above, Dawnstar was pulling her tail. "Crud." She sneered, pushing herself up to her paws, her ear flicking for Roachflare to follow. Was she about to leave camp? No. Wasn't that obvious? She was blindly walking in circles, thinking.

If there needed to be permission, then there needed to be a good reason to even go out in the first place. Mudslide could spot a few cats right now who didn't seem to be doing anything, Bitternpaw for example. He looked like a sac of flour just waiting to be blown away. But Mudslide didn't know him, she didn't want to know him.

The tall she-cat suddenly halted, her eyes blinking slowly. "I've thought." She confirmed, just in case there was any confusion about her sudden pacing. She looked around, her marbled ears catching the sunlight. "Beetles?" Mudslide requested excitedly. She turned to face her friend, her head tilted downwards. "Wanna come?"

Mudslide loved beetles, and she would die on that hill. Shadowclan wasn't really known for it's insects but they sure did exist. Or at least they used to, back in the marshes. Even if they couldn't leave, not at the moment anyways, then they could at least look for something. Easing Roachflare's nerves was all on her mind at the moment. Well, that and beetles.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!