by dino.
Last post by snowflake.
Today 07:37 PM

Old August 20th, 2020, 03:42 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Cattail Pond

Finally, his partner arrived. He didn’t quite mind. Partner, alone, he could teach these newbies to swim. It was easy enough.

"Alright. Now that Rainsplash is here, we can continue. Now, most of the pond is pretty deep. You’re perfectly fine where you two are, but another few tail lengths and it’s just water."

To demonstrate, the Somali walked out and kicked off into the deeper part, where he couldn’t touch the bottom. To Woollyflame, it was easy enough. It came naturally. He was hoping the ThunderClanners were observing, how he stretched his head above water and how he almost silently glided through. Once he touched land again, he stood, somewhat out of breath.

"That was just a quick swim around. Swimming isn’t too bad. It’s like running, but smoother. Keeping your head above water is the most important thing. If you’re ready, Rainsplash and I can help stick by you and, just, be there in case anything happens."

@Splashy @Rainquail @Zesty Mango

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]

Last edited by vellichor; August 20th, 2020 at 03:42 PM.
Old August 21st, 2020, 07:41 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysian View Post
Finally, his partner arrived. He didn’t quite mind. Partner, alone, he could teach these newbies to swim. It was easy enough.

"Alright. Now that Rainsplash is here, we can continue. Now, most of the pond is pretty deep. You’re perfectly fine where you two are, but another few tail lengths and it’s just water."

To demonstrate, the Somali walked out and kicked off into the deeper part, where he couldn’t touch the bottom. To Woollyflame, it was easy enough. It came naturally. He was hoping the ThunderClanners were observing, how he stretched his head above water and how he almost silently glided through. Once he touched land again, he stood, somewhat out of breath.

"That was just a quick swim around. Swimming isn’t too bad. It’s like running, but smoother. Keeping your head above water is the most important thing. If you’re ready, Rainsplash and I can help stick by you and, just, be there in case anything happens."

@Splashy @Rainquail @Zesty Mango
"A'ight, sooo.... here we go."
She hopped foward and splashed in to the part without solid ground she could stand on and Breezehen began kicking her legs, rather awkwardly. All this did was tire her out and she barely stayed above the water, so she went from running pace to elongating her strides and started having an easier time keeping afloat.

@Zesty Mango @Splashy

Coldamber, Shockholly (StC)
Sedgestorm (Outsider)
Woollyfeather, Honeybite, Silkpaw (ShC)
Old August 22nd, 2020, 07:49 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

@Splashy @Rainquail @elysian

Ivorypaw carefully pushed off the shallow water and began to force her legs to work, it felt awkward but her head was above water, and that was important in the long run wasn’t it? She was doing it,” I’m doing-” her head went under water after that before she came back up and spit out water,” -it!” she muttered continuing to awkwardly tret in water

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old August 22nd, 2020, 03:50 PM
bye wco

Bump Policy: 5-7 days, 3 if its important
My Mood: Busy

@Rainquail @elysian @Splashy @Zesty Mango (Can Firepaw please join?)
Firepaw has never swam before. He was nervous, but didn't hessitate to jump in. Big Mistake. The water was FREEZING! At least his instincts told him to paddle his feet to swim, and he broke the surface. Gasping fro the cold, he swam decentl well back to the surface. He would have to get used to getting wet. His coat was so damp and cold he was shivering! "wh-was th-that gu-good?" He stammerd as he shivered
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
| Cougarbite | Cloudheart | Forestpaw | Fiercefire! |
~~~~

Old August 22nd, 2020, 04:36 PM
Just a Christian

My Mood: Queenly

+ @Shadow & Wind @Zesty Mango @Rainquail @elysian +
[Well, Go ahead- we're kinda teaching Ivorypaw and Breezehen how to swim because they just joined, but go ahead I guess-]
Rainsplash circled around the cats with his fluid swimming, keeping a good eye on their movements. He seemed to be quite experienced, as his movements were smooth and showed his seasons worth of training.

"You are all doing well"

The tom meowed as he kept looking over the cats, keeping in his chuckling at Ivorypaw's mishap.

Character Site is in the works.

Last edited by Splashy; August 22nd, 2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2020, 04:43 PM
bye wco

Bump Policy: 5-7 days, 3 if its important
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
+ @Shadow & Wind @Zesty Mango @Rainquail @elysian +
[Well, Go ahead- we're kinda teaching Ivorypaw and Breezehen how to swim because they just joined, but go ahead I guess-]
Rainsplash circled around the cats with his fluid swimming, keeping a good eye on their movements. He seemed to be quite experienced, as his movements were smooth and showed his seasons worth of training.

"You are all doing well"

The tom meowed as he kept looking over the cats, keeping in his chuckling at Ivorypaw's mishap.
(Firepaw just joined too... he is a 24 moons old loner turn RC cat...)
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
| Cougarbite | Cloudheart | Forestpaw | Fiercefire! |
~~~~

Old August 23rd, 2020, 09:37 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Woollyflame watched as the cats began to swim around. Breezehen seemed to do pretty well, adjusting her strides. "Good job. Feel free to take a breather if you get too tired." This was directed at the warrior, noting her labored breathing. It was a learning process. They had to learn.

Ivorypaw’s head ducked under, but before he could react, it was back above water. With a small breath of relief, the somali waded over to the apprentice. "Good. Now, like I told Breezehen, go ahead and take a quick break if you need. Try more smooth, long movements if you can."

A splash of cold water made its way to Woollyflame’a face, and he spit out the water as a familiar face popped up. "Firepaw! What are you doing here?" he exclaimed, shock edging his voice.

@Splashy @Rainquail @Zesty Mango @Shadow & Wind

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old August 28th, 2020, 04:01 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

You coming slowpoke? Splashleap teased, skidding to a stop beside the pond, and pausing to wait for Cheetah....ha, Cheetah! He wasn't very cheetah like as far as she could tell! She could see several fish paddling about the bottom. This was definitely going to go well! @Neon Lights
Old August 28th, 2020, 05:40 PM

My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
You coming slowpoke? Splashleap teased, skidding to a stop beside the pond, and pausing to wait for Cheetah....ha, Cheetah! He wasn't very cheetah like as far as she could tell! She could see several fish paddling about the bottom. This was definitely going to go well! @Neon Lights
"hey!" he said running up to her then quickly caught a fish.
Old August 28th, 2020, 05:56 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Seeing Cheetahpoke had already caught a fish, Splashleap settled down to wait. His somewhat clumsy scoop had scared all the fish away, so she moved a bit farther down the bank. Gazing into the water, she finally spotted a fish swimming by, a nice fat trout. Swinging her paw ahead of it as Snowstripe had taught her, she flipped it onto the bank and then quickly planted a paw on it to prevent escape. Biting the back of it's neck, she gazed into the water once again.

Suddenly, she saw a flash of silver. It was the biggest fish she had ever seen! It was almost half as long as her! While she didn't know it, it was a catfish, swimming placidly along the bottom. She HAD to catch it! It was ginormous! But it didn't seem to be coming near the top, like the other fish. Why not? All the fish ate bugs on the water, right? Continuing to watch it, she saw it sucking up.....mud? in it's large mouth. So it ate dirt? That was WEIRD! But that meant it wouldn't come to the surface. She would have to go down and get it. Motioning with her tail, she called softly to Cheetahpoke Come on over here! There's a HUGE fish! Hopefully he wouldn't take to long, or fall in the water. THAT would certainly scare it away. @Neon Lights