Today 01:51 PM

Old August 10th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: ThunderClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arié View Post

{Woophs. I kept thinking I had replied yet again xD}

At her curious question the tom said proudly, "Yeah. I did. Although it won't feed many mouths but I'm happy. Yet the clan won't be..." his voice died down, knowing that the she-cat would pick up on it. When he often caught prey he was told that it was something he had stolen, that he shouldn't make enemies of other cats. He wanted to share the mouse, but... this was a cat from another clan yet she was the one who understood his troubles. He was in a dilemma. Finally making up his mind, the largely build male pushed the mouse towards the she-cat. From the way she moved, he had guessed she wasn't large, and her steps were light but not normally light. "You're thin aren't you? Here try to eat this... it's not what Windclan cats normally eats, and we're supposed to be enemies yet I do feel like we should stick up for each other if others won't." What he said was truly what he felt. If his clan didn't treat him with the respect he wanted, he would get angry, he hated being talked down to, to be told that he was less just because he couldn't see. He never knew what it was like to see! He could 'see' just fine by using his other senses, he knew the territory better than anyone else, he knew where to step, where to jump and where every single tree was! Who else knew it? He did not know but it was something that truly frustrated him and he hoped that the she-cat next to him shared his opinion. "You ever felt like... although we can't 'see', that we see more than everyone else? Like we know where everything is, when something is moved. Just because it's in our nature."
At the quiet, Marigoldbriar dipped her head, an automatic response to the tom's words; she'd unthinkingly acted as if he was a seeing cat, so used to moving herself in ways that others would deem as normal. It was weird, being able to do whatever she pleased with her body without caring about being called weird herself. "They take away each success from us by making any victory seem insignificant," she murmured knowingly. Her own clan could never be happy with any catch she made. Sure, maybe that day she'd brought back a rabbit, but had she been seeing, she'd brought back two or three. At least, that's how the rest of the clan saw it; to Marigold, she'd managed to feed at least one mouth, and that was enough to make herself happy. The molly shifted in surprise when she noticed the mouse being pushed her way; he was going to share Thunderclan prey with her? But she was a Windclan cat! She was too surprised to turn it down- and anyways, it was a very kind gesture. Even the snappish feline could appreciate that. "I'm not that skinny," she muttered first. "But thank you. No, it's not often I get to eat something other than rabbit or some sort of bird." She stayed quiet as she took a bite and chewed, silently thinking that she and this tom had quite similar viewpoints. Her thoughts were only solidified at the Thunderclanner's next words. "Yes, I feel that way all the time. I swear to Starclan that I know Windclan's territory better than any of my other clanmates... but if I voiced this to anyone else they would disagree because they don't understand how it is for cats like us."

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Old August 11th, 2018, 01:55 PM
Amor Omnia Vincit

My Mood: Angelic

@Soup
Fawnsplash, admittedly, wanted to stay in the comfort of Stonewater's presence, but she also wanted to talk with him. She supposed talking had less meaning when you couldn't see the other cat's expressions and opinions attentively, a moral the she-cat upheld to a fault with her constant respectful attention. "How are things in Thunderclan?" She inquired much like she had the first time they met, pulling away from the tom's chest slowly enough as to not allow his head to drop from atop of hers too quickly. Her golden gaze remained lit even amongst the dim lighting of night; specks of amber and yellow faded into one shade of gold, but still remained impressive to look at. Her spotted markings seemed to dissipate in the low light of evening, melting into the chestnut fur of her main pelt as though it were two colours of paint mixing together to make one solid brown colour. Her slender embodiment lowered down onto it's haunches as her lithe tail snaked around her rump and settled down upon her paws. Her posture remained straight and attentive, but also relaxed and happy as a soft smile lit up her features. She couldn't hide the euphoria bubbling deep down inside her, butterflies flying about her stomach like there would be no tomorrow. A contempt sigh escaped Fawnsplash's mouth as she looked at Stonewater with deep awe, basking in the realisation of how lucky she was to have stumbled across him.
Old August 15th, 2018, 01:03 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
They would have been the best team that ever was. It was too bad that Jaypaw was a part of WindClan now, otherwise Kestrelflight knew they could have taken down anyone who got in their way. She and her friend had always worked well together, their abilities making one strong team, but now… now he was undoubtedly working with other cats. Stupid mouse-brained WindClanners, with their ugly faces and their lean little bodies and strutting around like they’re anything more than rabbit-chasers... Kestrelflight was still bitter against WindClan, and although she knew she should have supported Jaypaw more in his decision, she was hoping to change his mind at some point. Passionstar would take him back. He would have to come back, and all she could do was pray that it wouldn’t be too late by the time he decided that it was time to return to his actual home. Kestrelflight was willing to wait. ”Yeah. We always made a great team.” Swallowing down the anger that came up in her throat at that statement, the warrior did her best to pay attention to her friend, waiting to hear about his training.

”You always were the fastest. You beat me every time, and I bet you’re holding your own with the rabbit-chas… uh - WindClan apprentices, too.” It probably would have been a good idea to hold her tongue on the insults involving Jaypaw’s new Clan. She knew it meant a lot to him that he got to stay there. Why he wanted to was beyond her, but she figured that as long as she could still be friends with him, it would be okay. Eventually, once her anger at WindClan died down. She would never completely forgive them for starting the whole mess, but she could at least go back to the way it used to be. Where she just hated WindClan a little, instead of as much as she did now. Kestrelflight’s heart leapt up into her chest at Jaypaw’s question. She had thought about this quite a bit, actually… what their lives could have been like if he had stayed behind. If he had been in ThunderClan to become a warrior with her, during the battle, during the rest of her training, if he was there now… how different everything would be. She’d never really thought much about having a family, but she guessed that their families would be pretty close.

They’d get to become elders together (or die fighting together, more likely) and probably remain best friends. As it was, Kestrelflight didn’t know how much longer she could keep this up. She was clinging desperately, stubbornly, to every last moment she could snatch with Jaypaw. Before things changed too much for them to go back to normal, before things changed again between their Clans, before Kestrelflight’s hatred was finally too much for her. ”Yeah. I wonder about that all the time.” It was the softest her voice had been in a long time, warm and gentle… to her, it sounded like it had come from someone completely different. There was a sorrowful look in her amber eyes, all of the sharpness gone for just a second. ”Things would have been… better, if you stayed. I’d probably be happier.” She’d been angry a lot recently. At herself, her friends, her clanmates… yes, at WindClan, too. It wasn’t normal for her to be this upset about things, but it’d happened more and more lately. Normally Kestrelflight was okay with it, but now? Now it just felt weird and unnatural. Maybe it was time to look into why she was so bitter.
It was hard for Jaypaw to see Kestrelflight in such a conflict. Constantly making her choose between their friendship and her loyalty. It hurt the tom to realize that one day these meetings might dwindle away, and they would be forced to turn their backs on each other. Listening to her speak to how good of a team they would've been began to chip away at the tom's heart, and he had to glance away, upwards towards the open blue expanse of sky over Kestrelflight's shoulder. A familiar sting hit the bottom of his eyes, though Jaypaw knew he had to keep his composure. After all, he didn't want to cry in front of his best friend. It was too late for any emotion of that kind to make it's way to the surface. Maybe if he had stayed a bit longer, half way into their apprenticeship, he could've said everything he was wanting to say now. And perhaps it was one-sided. Kestrelflight was a ferocious warrior if he still knew her as well as he thought he did. She must've have toms padding after her left and right... Jaypaw thought to himself, subtly swallowing the lump that had formed rigid in his throat. A cool breeze swept past him and chilled his thin fur, causing the tom to shiver. But it wasn't just the cold that was starting to make him anxious.

"I haven't seemed to lose a race yet," he replied, a quick smile darting across his expression as his natural born speed was brought up. It was probably the one thing that made him stick out like a sore pawpad in ThunderClan; his natural ability to run, quick, was unmatched by any of his former denmates. During his brief training with ThunderClan, he'd raced a few of his former Clanmates and won each time. He distinctly remembered his races with Kestrelflight, and for a moment Jaypaw felt his heart flutter. He remembered catching glimpses of her pelt through the treets that would separate them, and how sometimes he thought of just letting her win, this once, because seeing her face light up made him happiest. But those moments were over now, and as reality came crashing back around him, the smile faded from his face. He blinked, locking his gaze with Kestrelflights. If only time could reverse itself, and they could have one more race together. "There were a couple times I thought about letting you win, too," he decided to reveal, a glimmer of playfulness illuminating his yellow eyes. He knew she wouldn't have wanted him to do that, though, and he also knew he didn't have to say that aloud. It was just a part of who Kestrelflight was, and after all this time Jaypaw still clung to the fact that he knew parts of her she probably never showed her other Clanmates.

As Kestrelflight mentioned how happier she would've been if he had stayed, Jaypaw felt stabbing claws of guilt tear at him. Not for the first time he began to feel selfish for leaving. The only thing he'd felt in those days when his mother had abandoned him in ThunderClan, leaving to die on her own, was betrayal and sadness. He only remembered that he had other family in WindClan after a brief talk with some of the warriors in the Clan. It was then he'd decided to leave for WindClan, to reclaim the small piece of family he had left. Not that him and his father talked that much. Jaypaw assumed it was his fault for staying in ThunderClan so long. But now with the distance growing everyday between himself and his father, what did he have left in WindClan besides a pawful of friends? "I think I would be, too..." he murmured softly, but loud enough for Kestrelflight to hear it as a whisper. He wasn't all that sure of what he'd just said, but he knew the one thing that still made him happy when everything seemed to be falling down around him was the ThunderClan molly standing before him. He felt a warm feeling seeping from his heart and into the veins, stretching from his head to the tip of his tail. "But you have cats who are there for you, back in ThunderClan, right? What about Groovepaw? Or Foxpaw?" Those were two of Jaypaw's other friends, and if his foggy memories served him correctly they had all hung out at one point. Maybe they'd grown apart. Maybe the three of them never even talked anymore. At one point, Jaypaw had been head-over-paws for Groovepaw, but as time continued on, he found his attention shifting to another familiy ThunderClan she-cat, and he wanted to make sure she was doing alright despite the fact that he wasn't there to see for himself.
Old August 24th, 2018, 11:20 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

@Duskflight

Blazingstar needed a break from the drama, he needed a breath. Today was sunny and there was a light breeze drifting along giving them something to cool off with in the greenleaf heat. His orange tabby fur glowed in the suns rays and he let out a small sigh of content. Rookpatch..." he spoke softly, knowing the timid tom well enough to not raise his voice too high when beginning a conversation. "Isn't it nice out here? Away from other clan mates? It's nice to get away once and a while," he spoke, giving his long-time best friend a warm smile.

He couldn't remember when they became friends, it was so long ago. The two had quite the history and Blazingstar would always try to do his best to protect his best friend.
Old August 25th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

@Duskflight

Blazingstar needed a break from the drama, he needed a breath. Today was sunny and there was a light breeze drifting along giving them something to cool off with in the greenleaf heat. His orange tabby fur glowed in the suns rays and he let out a small sigh of content. Rookpatch..." he spoke softly, knowing the timid tom well enough to not raise his voice too high when beginning a conversation. "Isn't it nice out here? Away from other clan mates? It's nice to get away once and a while," he spoke, giving his long-time best friend a warm smile.

He couldn't remember when they became friends, it was so long ago. The two had quite the history and Blazingstar would always try to do his best to protect his best friend.
It was refreshing to be able to go on a walk, he didn't like to think of it as a patrol, with one of his only friends. He couldn't remember the last time he had seen Marigoldrise, he only assumed that she was busy with clan duties. The timid tom wished he could see her more, she seemed to have this calming aura about her that set him at ease whenever he was around her, but he understood that she was a hardworking warrior. So he had been attempting to take up his own duties around the clan, instead of waiting fitfully for his mate to make an appearance.
The calico tom would shift his head slightly in Blazingstar's direction with a slight, trembling smile, as if he had too much energy, or fear, running through him at the moment to keep it steady. For once though, it might have been more energy than fear. Rookpatch liked Blazingstar, it felt nice knowing that he had at least someone to talk to, to be by, when it felt like the world was against him. "It i-is-his isn-sn't i-i-hit? {It is isn't it?}" Meowed the tom slightly, his green eyes cautiously glancing at the golden tabby's face for a moment before looking back ahead, his tail giving a quiver.

"I-I wish... There-hair wuh-w-wuh-hus m-m-more time... Time t-to.. Talk with... You. M-Muh-Marigoldrise ha-has.. B... Been busy-isy lately.... I.. H-Have no-oh-n-no one-un.. T-T-To t-talk to. {I wish there was more time to talk to you. Marigoldrise has been busy lately. I have no one to talk to.}" There was a slight sigh as he finished speaking. He had been trying to work on his speech for her, and it was working slowly but surely.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?

Last edited by The Cannibal; August 25th, 2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old August 31st, 2018, 02:32 PM
Just A Fossil

@Duskflight

Blazingstar gave Rookpatch a smile, nodding a little. At least it appeared he was enjoying himself. There was nothing more than he could ask for at this moment, other than perhaps Fawnskip still being alive. The she-cat had been his best friend and he was still under the belief they had kittens. He had no idea she had gotten pregnant by Obsidiansky. "Are you two ever having kits?" he turned a playful expression towards Rookpatch, his brow raising. "You two have been together a while now, when am I going to learn I'll be an "uncle" figure," he continued in a playful tone, giving the tom a small nudge.

He changed his tone, matching his pace with Rookpatch's now. "But I'm always around if you need to talk. I'll never be too busy for you guys, especially not my best friend," he spoke gently, giving him a warm smile.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old September 1st, 2018, 06:15 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

@Duskflight

Blazingstar gave Rookpatch a smile, nodding a little. At least it appeared he was enjoying himself. There was nothing more than he could ask for at this moment, other than perhaps Fawnskip still being alive. The she-cat had been his best friend and he was still under the belief they had kittens. He had no idea she had gotten pregnant by Obsidiansky. "Are you two ever having kits?" he turned a playful expression towards Rookpatch, his brow raising. "You two have been together a while now, when am I going to learn I'll be an "uncle" figure," he continued in a playful tone, giving the tom a small nudge.

He changed his tone, matching his pace with Rookpatch's now. "But I'm always around if you need to talk. I'll never be too busy for you guys, especially not my best friend," he spoke gently, giving him a warm smile.
For a moment and seemed that the two were able to settle into a comfortable silence, something that was common when one walked with Rookpatch. Normally he didn't enjoy talking to anyone at all, but of course there were a select few that he wasn't so subconscious about his stutter, Blazingstar being one of them. However the question that was asked immediately caused his pelt to feel hot, his eyes widening for a moment and flitting over to look at the golden tabby for a moment before quickly looking away, flustered. His thoughts began racing through his head, tumbling over each other. The truth was, he did want to have kits, he did want to be a father, to raise a family with the one she cat that seemed to have the patience for him and his extreme timidness. He was just too terrified to bring up the idea to her, it was part of the reason why he wasn't too terribly upset that he hasn't seen her. One day he would ask the question, but only when he had worked up the courage to do so.
"Muh-M-M-Muh-ay-bee-Maybe s-s-suh-hum t-time in t-t-the u-um f-f-f-future-her... {Maybe sometime in the, um, future...}" He sort of mumbled, breath hissing out of his mouth as if he had lost it and were trying to regain it.

Slowly his burning cheeks would simmer down and he would offer his characteristically shaky smile, eyes just barely meeting his friends gaze for a moment. "T-Thank.. Thank you.. B-Blazingstar."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old September 6th, 2018, 09:49 PM
Just A Fossil

@Duskflight

Blazingstar backed off a little bit as he sensed the tom get uncomfortable. Perhaps he had gone a little far? Sometimes he couldn't tell, he was used to doing all this with other felines. It'd been a while since he spoke to Rookpatch so he almost forgot he had to be a little more careful around him. "Perhaps you'll have better luck than I," he commented, referring to the litter he currently had in his den. Blazingstar rarely spoke about his first litter, half the clan believed they weren't his, while he knew the other half figured they were. He wasn't sure on Rookpatch's stance on it, but they were warriors now, it shouldn't matter anymore. Now he had motherless kittens to take care of due to incapability to restrain himself from falling over she-cats. Maybe the single-father life was a better suit for him anyway?

"You know," he began, changing the subject now to relieve the awkwardness a little. "We've known each other for so long, I'm really glad you stuck around," he spoke, turning his gaze towards the other tom for a moment. "I feel like after I became leader, no one really stuck around. You're one of my only true friends, Rookpatch," he smiled at the thought, looking ahead again.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; October 27th, 2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old October 15th, 2018, 09:13 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

@Canine

Timberlight had been wandering his way around the edges of his territory. He loved walking, but seeing the familiar patterns of ThunderClans trees over and over again had gotten so boring. So, the norwegian forest cat ventured his way over to the borders, looking off noisily into the distance of the forbidden lands. As he came near WindClan's territory, Timberlight admired how long and lush the grass flowed compared to the tame green grass from his own forest floor. It looked like a ton of fun to lay in, he thought while taking a seat right at the edge. The grayish-brown tom looked around with his nose in the air, trying to see if anyone was around. When he was positive the coast was clear, Timberlight stuck out his paw over the border and ran it through the tall grass. Slowly he stepped one by one over the border and onto WindClan territory, then finally plopped his whole body down into the soft nest-like ground. “Ahh…” He sighed comfortably, rolling around in it a little. It was really funny how the grass almost made him itchy, but ticklish at the same time. Chuckling quietly, the large tom finally found himself in a comfortable position - laying on his backside with belly exposed towards the sky. He closed his eyes, feeling sleepier by the minute. The weather had be getting colder and colder lately; Leaf-fall was well on its way, but on a clear day like this one, you could still feel the generous heat of the sun.

And that was more than enough to send Timberlight into a peaceful slumber.
Old October 16th, 2018, 04:30 PM
that quiet one

@SpookyNight
{ Sorry, this took me a bit longer than I thought! }

Dawnsong closed her eyes and inhaled the crisp air as she wandered along, rather aimlessly, in her clan's territory. She loved this time of the year, with the cooler weather and colorful foliage. The feeling of the breeze ruffling her fur and the sound of geese migrating before Leaf-bare.. It was a little past sunhigh now, with streams of golden sunlight flooding the forest floor and warming the warrior's dark back while she walked. She let the serenity of it all soak in, casting away all her worries for the moment. Ever since her encounter with Swiftclaw, she'd felt strained--a bit on edge--so it was nice to get away from all the noise of the camp. To forget, at least for a little while.

Dawnsong glanced around when she noticed the terrain beginning to change slightly, realizing she had reached the Windclan border. Already? she thought, a little disappointed. Well, I'm certainly not going back just yet! For a moment, she stood and gazed into the Thunderclan territory, wondering what it was like to live there. Was it much different from Windclan? Without waiting to contemplate her own thought, she turned away and started to pad down the border-line. A sudden feeling of care-free came over her, causing a content smile to spread across her face. That felt good. Soon she was bounding, leaping over sticks and dodging trees. She didn't let the thought of anyone spotting her ruin the moment; for now, she laughed from the excited feeling of adrenaline coursing through her.

The she-cat bounded along like that for a while before coming to an abrupt stop near a clearing of tall grass. Her nostrils flared; the scent of another cat was heavy in the air as it swirled around Dawnsong. But it wasn't a Windclanner's scent. Cautious now, she stalked closer to the clearing, ears perked to catch any sounds. Pale eyes searching, she soon spotted a figure lying belly-up in the grass. For a moment, she panicked. Were they dead?! She crept a little closer, only then noticing that they were asleep. A sigh of relief escaped her lips as she slumped down into a sitting position. Well, now, what do I do about you? He clearly wasn't from Windclan, she'd deduced that much. I suppose it's my duty to wake him.. For a moment, she watched him, peacefully unaware. Dawnsong smirked; it was cute almost. Standing, she padded over to him. She nudged his shoulder with her nose then stepped back. "Comfy?" she asked, humor sparkling in her yellow eyes.

character sitefinder
i am offline mon.-wed. every week!