Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Dusklion
Deputy:
None
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Smothered in its cradle...
by Rani
Last post by ChromeSilver_Hwaa
Today 05:39 AM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Minkuu
Today 05:30 AM
Time for a hike! {event}
by Spider.
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 05:02 AM
RiverClan Outsider Joining
by taillow
Last post by Minkuu
Today 04:32 AM
Dark Forest Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by c1nder
Today 04:08 AM

Old September 15th, 2017, 02:40 PM
My profile has a message!

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Ivorykit crouched in the corner of the nursery, her bi-colored eyes fixed patiently on a small black beetle crawling along the hard dirt. She dabbed one small white paw experimentally on the small insect's back and watched it scurry away on its legs. She leaned back and watched it's progress with amusement and curiosity. Her soft-furred tail flicked back in forth in concentration as she watched it explore the warm area.
The RiverClan nursery was different in some ways to the ShadowClan nursery, but she missed the familiar scents of her denmates, free from the stench of these new, unfamiliar cats. Not to menton the un-crowdedness. Ivorykit tucked her paws further beneath her slender body and passed her tongue over her lips, a habit she had yet to break.

Last edited by Undercover; September 15th, 2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old September 15th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post

Ivorykit crouched in the corner of the nursery, her bi-colored eyes fixed patiently on a small black beetle crawling along the hard dirt. She dabbed one small white paw experimentally on the small insect's back and watched it scurry away on its legs. She leaned back and watched it's progress with amusement and curiosity. Her soft-furred tail flicked back in forth in concentration as she watched it explore the warm area.
The RiverClan nursery was different in some ways to the ShadowClan nursery, but she missed the familiar scents of her denmates, free from the stench of these new, unfamiliar cats. Not to menton the un-crowdedness. Ivorykit tucked her paws further beneath her slender body and passed her tongue over her lips, a habit she had yet to break.
Stagkit roamed around the crowded nursery with much curiosity. His mother hadn't let him really explore at all since they got here, untrusting of the wet-pawed cats and protective over her less-fortunate kit. He didn't enjoy the open brightness of the camp here, sure it was covered but no way it could beat the shadowed forest of pine trees on shadowclan territory which kept the camp nice and covered with places to go and sunbathe as well.
Not to mention how he did not like how wet it was, at all. Ever since he first felt the water creeping into the Shadowclan nursery, slowly pooling around him and covering him, the feeling of swallowing more and more water and not having the voice to call out for help. He had thought it was all over until some cat pulled him away and took him here to his mother. He hated the water, why did they have to go to the wettest clan there was? Why didn't they go to Thunderclan, the cats who were most like them and hunted under the shadows of trees, hidden in the undergrowth?
With a soundless sigh, the brown tabby tom sulked deeper into the nursery when his ears pricked. He had excellent hearing and over the soft voices of kits and queens, he heard small scuttling. His head swung around until he noticed a beetle a few tail-lengths away. He hurried over excitedly, trying to pounce on the thing but it slipped through his paws and scurried away.

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series
Old September 15th, 2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post

Stagkit roamed around the crowded nursery with much curiosity. His mother hadn't let him really explore at all since they got here, untrusting of the wet-pawed cats and protective over her less-fortunate kit. He didn't enjoy the open brightness of the camp here, sure it was covered but no way it could beat the shadowed forest of pine trees on shadowclan territory which kept the camp nice and covered with places to go and sunbathe as well.
Not to mention how he did not like how wet it was, at all. Ever since he first felt the water creeping into the Shadowclan nursery, slowly pooling around him and covering him, the feeling of swallowing more and more water and not having the voice to call out for help. He had thought it was all over until some cat pulled him away and took him here to his mother. He hated the water, why did they have to go to the wettest clan there was? Why didn't they go to Thunderclan, the cats who were most like them and hunted under the shadows of trees, hidden in the undergrowth?
With a soundless sigh, the brown tabby tom sulked deeper into the nursery when his ears pricked. He had excellent hearing and over the soft voices of kits and queens, he heard small scuttling. His head swung around until he noticed a beetle a few tail-lengths away. He hurried over excitedly, trying to pounce on the thing but it slipped through his paws and scurried away.
Ivorykit's gaze was fixed on the beetle when she sensed movement behind her, led on by the sudden waft of air that lifted the ends of her white fur. She stared wide-eyed as a a tom kit attempted to pounce on the beetle. She was about to ask why he was trying to murder her play thing when she saw the insect scuttle away quickly.
Good, She thought, making sure the thing hadn't been squashed. Then the female looked closer at the kit. Ivorykit's small jaws parted as she drew in the male's scent. ShadowClan, she thought, recognizing him. Stagkit! she remembered. Although she hadn't really spent much time with the other kits, she remembered him.
"He'o" Ivorykit meowed, her tone soft and curious, no trace of anger at him for almost killing the beetle. "Wha' are you do'n?" The young female's words were slightly garbled, due to never actually hearing words spoken aloud since she was a moon, the time she truly lost her hearing. Before then, she could only distinguish certain sounds, and so only certain things had real labels to her.
Luckily, she was always surrounded by one cat or another, so nothing could take her as prey, like a passing eagle or a daring owl. Still, constant company could wear one out. She was thankful for the moments that she had alone and attempted to make the most of it, make it last as long as possible.
Old September 15th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
Ivorykit's gaze was fixed on the beetle when she sensed movement behind her, led on by the sudden waft of air that lifted the ends of her white fur. She stared wide-eyed as a a tom kit attempted to pounce on the beetle. She was about to ask why he was trying to murder her play thing when she saw the insect scuttle away quickly.
Good, She thought, making sure the thing hadn't been squashed. Then the female looked closer at the kit. Ivorykit's small jaws parted as she drew in the male's scent. ShadowClan, she thought, recognizing him. Stagkit! she remembered. Although she hadn't really spent much time with the other kits, she remembered him.
"He'o" Ivorykit meowed, her tone soft and curious, no trace of anger at him for almost killing the beetle. "Wha' are you do'n?" The young female's words were slightly garbled, due to never actually hearing words spoken aloud since she was a moon, the time she truly lost her hearing. Before then, she could only distinguish certain sounds, and so only certain things had real labels to her.
Luckily, she was always surrounded by one cat or another, so nothing could take her as prey, like a passing eagle or a daring owl. Still, constant company could wear one out. She was thankful for the moments that she had alone and attempted to make the most of it, make it last as long as possible.
Stagkit huffed angrily at the beetle scuttling away, pawing at it a bit more but it kept slipping between his paws. He didn't pursue it any further once it was out of reach from where he now lay. With another huff, he stuck his nose between his paws and moved his jaws in ways like he was speaking but no sound came from his throat. It made him angry, not being able to speak, it made things so difficult for him but he had to deal with it.
He hadn't noticed the she-kit until he spoke, but he barely knew it was speaking. It took a moment for the little tom to realize the other was speaking and even then he just tilted his head at her. He couldn't reply either way, so why really bother trying to think exactly what she was saying, but alas he did anyway and figured she was trying to greet him and ask what he was doing. Unable to answer, he just swished his tail in a greeting.

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series
Old September 16th, 2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post

Stagkit huffed angrily at the beetle scuttling away, pawing at it a bit more but it kept slipping between his paws. He didn't pursue it any further once it was out of reach from where he now lay. With another huff, he stuck his nose between his paws and moved his jaws in ways like he was speaking but no sound came from his throat. It made him angry, not being able to speak, it made things so difficult for him but he had to deal with it.
He hadn't noticed the she-kit until he spoke, but he barely knew it was speaking. It took a moment for the little tom to realize the other was speaking and even then he just tilted his head at her. He couldn't reply either way, so why really bother trying to think exactly what she was saying, but alas he did anyway and figured she was trying to greet him and ask what he was doing. Unable to answer, he just swished his tail in a greeting.
She watched him move his jaw in a soundless mew, then, he seemed to notice her presence. She watched as his tail swish in greeting, and then she remembered. He couldn't speak! He, like her, was missing one of the important senses for a warrior cat. Suddenly, she didn't feel so out of place. Ivorykit twitched her unhearing ears with suppressed excitement.
Maybe he would want to play?! But, as the idea struck her, she realize that it might sound to younger kit-like. Would he want to go outside this nursery and explore another clan's camp? That seemed more like something an apprentice would do. And, if she was going to be an apprentice in about a moon, she might as well discover the RiverClan clearing at least a little instead of sitting in the nursery all the time. Plus, it could be fun.
Ivorykit spotted a piece of moss a few tail-lengths away. She scampered over, hooked it on one sharp claw, and dashed back to Stagkit. She lifted the scrap of moss in the air excitedly and widened her eyes, then, after setting the scrap down, pointed with her tail directly at the exit to the warm nursery.
Then she looked him in the eyes and tilted her white furred head to the side, gesturing with her small paw for him to pick. It took a while, but hopefully he would get the point.

Last edited by Undercover; September 16th, 2017 at 07:01 AM.
Old September 16th, 2017, 12:54 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Perchkit looked at the other kit, unsure whether to admit he really didn't know how to play or try to play in spite of not knowing how and risk making a fool of himself. Would Copperkit even want to still play if Perchkit didn't know how. Puffing out his chest and trying to look confident for once, Perchkit answered, "Have I know. I was j-just goofing with you. I've been p-playing mossball since before I was born." Even as he said it, the little tom knew it made no sense. Still he grinned and hoped Copperkit would still want to play.
That statement made no sense to the other kit, which was funny considering normally Copperkit was one of the most illogical felines around. He made the least amount of sense possible - but somehow, Perchkit made less. Still, the copper colored tom let out a chuckle and grinned at the other. "That's funny! You're a funny cat, Perchkit." But he still hadn't gotten a clear answer, and he was beginning to think that the other didn't know. Was that even possible? A kit not being able to play moss-ball? "Why don't we play something else, like... warriors or something? Have you ever pretended you were a warrior?" That was the most BASIC of all kit games. Copperkit was an expert in all games, and even the shy cats had played "warriors" at least once. It was a fun game! It was the best game. Or at least, it was fun and one of the best to him.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old September 16th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
That statement made no sense to the other kit, which was funny considering normally Copperkit was one of the most illogical felines around. He made the least amount of sense possible - but somehow, Perchkit made less. Still, the copper colored tom let out a chuckle and grinned at the other. "That's funny! You're a funny cat, Perchkit." But he still hadn't gotten a clear answer, and he was beginning to think that the other didn't know. Was that even possible? A kit not being able to play moss-ball? "Why don't we play something else, like... warriors or something? Have you ever pretended you were a warrior?" That was the most BASIC of all kit games. Copperkit was an expert in all games, and even the shy cats had played "warriors" at least once. It was a fun game! It was the best game. Or at least, it was fun and one of the best to him.
Funny? No one had ever told Perchkit he was funny before, but hearing it from Copperkit made him really like the feeling. I'm funny, he repeated I his mind. He liked this feeling! He wanted to feel it again. He had in fact played warriors with his siblings and did know this game. Feeling confident, Perchkit nodded. "C-can I be the leader?"

Old September 17th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Formerly lellinicole.zob

My Mood: Cheerful

@CandyFlossCat @Constellation

Eveningkit turned her head and gave Nightfallkit another hard look. Contradicting his thoughts, she has thought it was funny that he had the nerve to stand up to her. She didn't understand though why he always acted like he was so tough. But what Bone he had to pick, she was ready fight him back. She too found enjoyment in messing with him.

Finally she turned her head away from him and looked at her sister. She new that from the look on her face that Twlightkit was nervous. Eveningkit loved her sister so much, but she wished she would stand up for herself. She made a note to herself to teach her to stand up for herself. She wouldn't let Nightfallkit push Twilightkit around. She didn't understand though what was nerve-racking about him though. He was just a cat, and he was there brother after all, no matter how annoying he was. Silently, she brushed her tail against Twilightkit comfortingly.

Eveningkit didn't even flinch when Nightfallkit charged at them. As he neared, she prepared to charge back at him but then Honeythistle stopped him. She burst into laughter at him. She just couldn't contain her laughter as he was stopped.

Eveningkit became very interested when Honeythistle answered her question. "What do you mean by changes daddy? And why can't we be safe at home? I'm okay with a little water." Eveningkit said. It didn't cross her mind that she could be overwhelming him with questions, she just liked getting answers.

Eveningkit purred with laughter as her father talked about not liking this place either. "Why would any cat intentionally eat one of those smelly things? It makes them all smell terrible. Remind me to never try one!" She said.

She nodded as Twilightkit asked her question. Fish were so different from what they ate in Shadowclan, and so weird? Who eats food that's shiny? "Yeah! How do they walk if they don't have paws or legs? That's crazy!" She exclaimed.

When Nightfallkit spoke again, she was reluctant to listen, but she did. And she hated to even think this, but he was right. It wouldn't do them any wrong to go make some friends. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to make some friends… But we don't really know anyone here." She said.

Her eyes lit up when Honeythistle mentioned going outside to the clearing. She'd love to see what this place looked like and she was excited to get out of this terrible smelling nursery. "The clearing! Oh can we go daddy, please?" She said looking up at him with big hopeful eyes.

”It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.”

Old September 17th, 2017, 08:58 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBandits View Post
Mulberrykit scoffed, rolling her eyes playfully. "Wrong? Phff, nah! We won't do anything wrong; we're just searching for moss!" She jumped again from excitement a grin spilling across her face. She glanced around the clearing, trying together an early start to the game. She could only see a couple small fragments of the plant; not near enough to create a ball. Hmm... there's not much moss out here... where else could there be moss? Her left eye twitched, betraying her pensive attitude. Whenever deep in thought, the kit's eye twitched slightly. It wasn't super noticeable, but it made her emotions known to those who looked close enough. Where else can moss be easily found? Oh - I know!

Mulberrykit turned back to Palekit, a mischievous gleam in her eye. "There's not much moss out here..." She tried to be discreet about her intentions, though her idea of discreet wasn't very disceeet at all. "I wonder where a bunch of moss could be..." The young she-kit giggled, keeping a close eye on the nearest den. As long as she held the upper hand, she'd make it there first and get the advantage. If Palekit knew what I was up too...! What she wanted to do wasn't in any way against the rules... she hoped. The kit wasn't sure what the official rules of RiverClan were, but she guessed they couldn't be much different from the rules of her own Clan. And if they are, I'll just pull the old 'But I didn't know!' "Oh! I know where we could find loads of moss!" She tried to position her body so she could make a break for the den. "How about we look in... the nursery!" And Mulberrykit bolted towards the den, running at full speed in an attempt to beat her friend.

(Continue in the nursery...?)
(Ah sorry, I thought I had responded to this x.x Must've gone to and then gotten distracted!)

"Good," Palekit squeaked happily, tail twirling in the air behind her. The mud she had fallen into was beginning to dry in her fur, which was extremely fluffy due to her young age. Uncomfortable with how the mud stuck to her fur, she sat and used her back paw to try and scratch it off her side, succeeding more than she had done when trying to shake it off. When she took note of the other kit looking around, she remembered that she was supposed to be searching for moss and hopped back onto her paws, head swinging back and forth as she hurriedly scanned the areas nearest to her.

When Mulberrykit turned towards her, Palekit tilted her head curiously. What was that odd look in the other she-kit's eyes? Oh! She was having trouble finding moss as well. The fluffy kit nodded her agreement, an earnest "Yeah!" coming from her. She didn't see where the young feline was taking this, so when Mulberry darted off a surprised squeak left her before she followed suit. "Hey," she shouted indignantly, running right under the paws of warriors that had been in her way. She heard their surprised meows and called back a sheepish apology before she made it into the nursery behind Mulberrykit. The dash had taken a lot of the tiny kit's energy so she stayed still for a moment, catching her breath. Then, she looked around them at their surroundings, completely oblivious to the disdainful looks the Riverclan queens were shooting her way- no doubt turning their noses up at the bit of mud still splayed down her other side. "You were right," she exclaimed to her friend. "There is a lot of moss in here." Her head tilted as she thought. "I guess this means you won, huh?"

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Old September 17th, 2017, 10:05 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelliNicole.zob View Post
@CandyFlossCat @Constellation

Eveningkit turned her head and gave Nightfallkit another hard look. Contradicting his thoughts, she has thought it was funny that he had the nerve to stand up to her. She didn't understand though why he always acted like he was so tough. But what Bone he had to pick, she was ready fight him back. She too found enjoyment in messing with him.

Finally she turned her head away from him and looked at her sister. She new that from the look on her face that Twlightkit was nervous. Eveningkit loved her sister so much, but she wished she would stand up for herself. She made a note to herself to teach her to stand up for herself. She wouldn't let Nightfallkit push Twilightkit around. She didn't understand though what was nerve-racking about him though. He was just a cat, and he was there brother after all, no matter how annoying he was. Silently, she brushed her tail against Twilightkit comfortingly.

Eveningkit didn't even flinch when Nightfallkit charged at them. As he neared, she prepared to charge back at him but then Honeythistle stopped him. She burst into laughter at him. She just couldn't contain her laughter as he was stopped.

Eveningkit became very interested when Honeythistle answered her question. "What do you mean by changes daddy? And why can't we be safe at home? I'm okay with a little water." Eveningkit said. It didn't cross her mind that she could be overwhelming him with questions, she just liked getting answers.

Eveningkit purred with laughter as her father talked about not liking this place either. "Why would any cat intentionally eat one of those smelly things? It makes them all smell terrible. Remind me to never try one!" She said.

She nodded as Twilightkit asked her question. Fish were so different from what they ate in Shadowclan, and so weird? Who eats food that's shiny? "Yeah! How do they walk if they don't have paws or legs? That's crazy!" She exclaimed.

When Nightfallkit spoke again, she was reluctant to listen, but she did. And she hated to even think this, but he was right. It wouldn't do them any wrong to go make some friends. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to make some friends… But we don't really know anyone here." She said.

Her eyes lit up when Honeythistle mentioned going outside to the clearing. She'd love to see what this place looked like and she was excited to get out of this terrible smelling nursery. "The clearing! Oh can we go daddy, please?" She said looking up at him with big hopeful eyes.

Twilightkit blinked, watching her siblings nervously. Would they fight? She hated it when they fought. Even if Nightfallkit was annoying, she didn't want to see him get hurt! And she didn't want Eveningkit to get hurt either! She looked up at her father, trusting he'd break up the potential fight if it did happen. Twilightkit watched, nervous, though she was glad they didn't fight.

Twilightkit probably looked more scared than she felt, though she was still nervous, but she would have defended herself...a little. Yeesh, Eveningkit really needs to teach me how she does the whole bravery thing. She thought, sighing softly. She wished she could stand up for herself like her sister did. She was just too small and innocent to talk back to him most of the time. And when she did, he just spat something back. She gave her sister a little smile as she brushed her with her tail, glad for her comfort.
Twilightkit flinched slightly, her tail curling towards her. As she watched Honeythistle stop him, her sister's laughter made her start to giggle, and eventually laugh a bit louder. He had it coming, honestly.

Twilightkit gave a little nod, indicating she wanted to know the same thing. She wanted to know how bad their camp was. It had to be bad if they couldn't go back home. She wanted to, but she also wanted to live.
"Yeah! Nothing like frog or mouse!" Twilightkit agreed, though she was curious. "The cats smell like it, too!" She whispered to Eveningkit, sticking out her tongue in playful disgust. Bleh! How long would they have to stay here?

Their food was so shiny and weird! And it was wet looking..did they eat from the river? "Honeythistle..do they come from the river?!" She squeaked, as if that was the most odd and crazy thing she'd ever heard of.

Twilightkit turned to Nightfallkit, he did have a point. They could make some friends, make the trip worth something. Nobody ever died from a friend...maybe. "We could try and find some kits?" She asked, tilting her head slightly. She'd probably turn into a stuttering mess.

Twilightkit nodded to the Clearing idea, though hesitantly. It'd be good to see what this new place looked like, after all. "I want to see it, too!" She chirped, smiling. She'd just stay close to her family and be fine!