by Ian
Last post by kenjaku
Yesterday 11:35 PM

Old May 25th, 2020, 09:30 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: Rogueland Woods

@Dust

Ears flicking and eyes narrowing, not even being moved by the irritation that condorpaw had. He gave a second or two only to nod slowly and smile softly "well lad, welcome to the medicine crew. And don't feel left out you'll have Echopaw to hang out with . Hopefully make friends " he kinda liked that idea actually. Tail swishing "for now keep this a secret until duskstar announces it in a clan meeting. I don't want the surprise to be spoiled. And well....someone to be snooping around my den and annoying me" his stomach churned at that. How would Frostpaw react? He was honestly dreading this moment .

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Old May 25th, 2020, 09:58 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

His belly stirred with excitement, anxiety.. paws ripping up the soft mossy soil beneath him. It was exhilarating to think that someone had wanted him to train with them.. that he didn't have to drive him up a wall to get his attention. Still, Condorpaw's ears slipped back behind his head, eyes narrowed as he gave Lionwhisker a confused glare,

"Echopaw, who? Wait.. what do I do until Duskstar announces it then? Please don't tell me I have to just sit around and wait!" It was almost a wail. Stars, please! No more boredom!

@NIGHTOWL

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; May 25th, 2020 at 09:58 PM.
Old May 25th, 2020, 10:04 PM

@Dust

Chuckling he's definetly the right one
"act as if life is normal! Or......." he was planning on pulling pranks with his friend duskpaw, perhaps he could join in as well. He leaned in "you could join me and duskpaw in pulling some pranks " he said as he gave a wink.

Old May 25th, 2020, 10:08 PM
Ambivert

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkmb View Post
Lionpaw scanned his memory for the two names. One of the things about being a loner is that they essentially learn the same skills as clan cats, but they personalize it and give the moves different names. "Hunter's Crouch is easy," Lionpaw meowed. He dropped down, keeping his tail straight and shifting his weight so that it made it easier to pounce. The golden tom never had trouble with his crouches, so he doubted that Pineapple would find anything wrong.

Standing straight again, he turned to Pineapple and sheepishly admitted, "I've only done the Front Paw Blow once or twice. Rogues tend to be pretty big and I didn't see the point of learning if I'd never be able to use it." Frostpaw was the one who had taught him the move. The white tom had forced him to practice, so he had the gist of it down already. Lionpaw really disliked moves that required him to stand still; they just weren't his style. "I know the Jump and Twist, and the Half-turn Belly Rake, though!" the golden tom meowed in excitement. "Along with a couple other moves that probably don't have clan names." He knew that those moves were supposedly more powerful and complicated than the Front Paw Blow, so hopefully Pineapple wouldn't force him to practice it any more. That was probably unlikely, though.

(Bad Lionpaw! Learning moves out of order doesn't give you an excuse to ignore the basics!)
(Lol, Pineapple takes pride in her name. You don't know if she is sour or sweet until you take a bite of her...not literally!)

Pineapple watched him and meowed, "This Thunderclan move I will show you involves the hunter's crouch and the spring of it plus the front paw blow. It seems basic but it really helped with surprise." She pushed a rock into the center of their field and crouched low and sprang onto the rock without a warning and zigzagged off, "It's a lighting move where you move around in zigzags like a lighting bolt and strike when it's unexpected. You know how they say lighting never strikes the same place twice? In reality, it will like what I will show you." She jerk around to the rock and raced in a zigzag and pretend to pass by the rock but suddenly sprang onto the rock in a repeated manner. When she was finish she sat and meowed, "I think the way you said you were fast would make this move very easy and effective in your favor."
{Foggykit}{Mouseleap}
Windclan:
{Songkit}{Fallenghost}
Thunderclan:
{Seedcrush}{Pineapple}
Profile pic is by alan

Last edited by Elementals; May 25th, 2020 at 10:09 PM.
Old May 25th, 2020, 10:14 PM
Mama Dust

A smirk crept its way across his maw at the mention of pranks. Oh? Ok... Lionwhisker WAS cooler than he thought. Leaning forward with intrigue, Condowpaw nodded his head rapidly.

"I'm the master of pranks!" No he wasn't. "I've done so so many," No he hadn't, "Please, please, please, let me come with you?"

@NIGHTOWL

Old May 25th, 2020, 10:17 PM

@Dust

Snickering in a playful manner "oh? Well then alright , we shall see who's the Prank master here " he purred. Standing up he smirked down on him "meet me in the clearing " with that he gave a gesture to follow as he head back to camp ,Seeing the uncomfortable ness the tom had before. All he needs to do now was gather duskpaw.

Old May 25th, 2020, 10:32 PM
Mama Dust

[Shoot me a mention in the clearing when you round up the troops!]

Condorpaw's pelt was tingling, tail curled up in delight as he followed after Lionwhisker like a little lost puppy. It was blatantly clear that he didn't know this area and with everything feeling all surreal and exciting, Condor could barely even remember the way back to camp! The smile hadn't left his face.

@NIGHTOWL

Old May 26th, 2020, 01:01 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

The warrior laughed at his apprentice's response. "Way to be enthusiastic Doepaw." He meowed sarcastically, though his eyes glinted with amusement. He then turned and followed Doepaw as she dropped into a hunting crouch and began to stalk towards the darker areas of the forest. He himself dropped into a loose crouch, keeping his voice low as he advised. "Somewhat, yeah. Squirrels usually forage really close to the bottoms of trees. So you either want to catch them right off the bat or block off their escape route up the tree." Flintspirit smiled as a memory came to his mind, tail-tip flicking slightly. "When I was a young warrior, I always felt as if I would squish the squirrels if I landed right on them. So instead I opted for leaping past the squirrels, right to the tree they would use to escape, and most would flee right into my paws without realizing until it was too late." Flintspirit turned his head towards Doepaw, smiling a little. "If you know of a way to judge the distance between you and the squirrel and the nearest tree, then you could try that. If not, you're light enough you could go straight for the squirrel itself and not... well... squish it." Flintpsirit chuckled as he finished, eyes scanning the forest around them, nose twitching for the telltale musky squirrel scent.

{ doetraining }

Doepaw let out a confused squeak at his comment. "How... do... you... expect me.... to be...able...to...judge... a.. distance... between.... two.... things... I... cannot see?" She really struggled with that concept... She knew where leaves where because of their cracking sounds they made whenever the wind blew over them... But when she was basing something solely off scent... it was harder to differentiate if it was one, or two tail lengths. And also tail lengths varied! Her own was quite long, but she didn't know if hers was average length, short or like extremely long! She sighed again, but that was when she heard it and she rose to the tips of her paws, ears stretching as they flicked back and forth. There was something, sounded like the scratch of claws on tree trunks. Was that what squirrel sounded like? She turned her head back towards Flintspirit and angled her ears still in the direction of the sounds that she thought was squirrel. "There's.... sounds. Sounds...like... squirrel... maybe?" She didn't know and wanted her mentor to confirm before she just went ahead and tried to tackle this hunting task... Well it wasn't like she was going to do that anyway, but a confirmation would always be nice.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old May 26th, 2020, 01:44 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post

Doeleap looked up at the tom, watching him carefully. She had never particularly liked or preferred tree-hunting, although it was a hunting technique in ThunderClan. She did love eating birds, although it was rare that she caught one; land prey was more of her hunting specialty.

"Watch out up there!" Doeleap called, knowing she might be being a little too precautious. She wasn't sure, but she might not like tree hunting because some heights made her paranoid-but how could she know if she never tried tree hunting? "What are you hunting?" she asked, quieter this time, so she wouldn't scare off the prey.
"It's.....it's a bird? It's caught in the tree. I'm gonna see if I can bring it down. It's still alive! So it be brought back for food?"
He snagged a claw on its tail and gently tugged, trying to bring it to him, but the caught wing resisted and refused to budge. Ugh.
He climbeer a few branches higher, using his light weight and small size to avoid snapping the branches. Now above the still wriggling bird, he grabbed it again, this time lifting it upward. The bird slipped out of his grip, though, and plummeted to the ground in an angry attack, heading for Doeleap.
"Oh, sh- Doeleap, watch out!"

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old May 26th, 2020, 04:27 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post

Softbriar was glad for the agreement on Ploverspot’s part, they’d have felt rather embarrassed to discover he simply wanted nothing to do with them. If that had happened they would probably just bother him until he agreed to talk. They didn’t expect them to be fast friends, just to be on good enough terms. Their relationship with the rest of their family was okay at worst, they rather enjoyed being an older sibling. “Well if we were to run into some prey, I wouldn’t pass it up.” They shrugged, though they did have plans to bring something back to camp. Work was something they could just ignore, the troubles of the clan would always weigh in their mind. “The clearing can just be crowded at times, it’s good to get some fresh air.” Truth be told they had no real plan for this conversion, they guessed they’d just talk about themselves in hopes that Ploverspot would do the same.
The one thing they knew had in common was their mother and they now shared a clan, but maybe they should start out with some more simple topics. Small talk… How would they usually talk to new cats? The easiest thing to start with would probably be, “How have you been for you? I hope you enjoy being here in ThunderClan. Things have been a bit exciting recently, but times are just tense.” They couldn’t help feeling like they were saying too much to a rival clan at a gathering, but Ploverspot was a clanmate now so there shouldn’t be anything to hide.

The grey tom nodded slowly, and decided to refrain from answering the question for now. At least until they'd made it out into the territory. So leading the way, Ploverspot led them out into the territory ever so slowly. Until he got further help from Lionwhisker he was going to refrain from doing anything all too sudden, and he hoped that this would help him. Life was hard enough without bothering the joints to the point of serious injury. So walking slowly across forest paths that he'd gotten used to he considered Softbriar's question. To any other it would seem like a strange question to be asked among siblings... but they were a special case indeed. "Doing good... Somewhat." There were many things to factor in, such as the raid that had come quite soon after he'd joined and the issues with Myrtlepaw... and of course his own joint issues which was just recently starting to become a true issue for him. "Thunderclan's not much different... Mum told me load about the clan back at gatherings, I knew what to expect. However, what I did not expect was this mess we were walking into," he let out a soft coarse laugh at that. It had truly been a mess. "But age is taking its toll on everyone one of us it seems." Stretching out a front leg a bit further than normal in his next step, the ageing tom pointed his head towards it. "Arthritis has been hitting the joints quite badly lately. Age... and the harsh regime in Shadowclan didn't particularly do me any good either." Yet they hadn't gone out here only to question him and he directed his yellow gaze on Softbriar themselves. "But how are you doing? Deputy? Is it treating you well?"

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee