Last post by Silverfur & Co
Today 10:59 AM
Sunkissed Creek
by lio
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Today 10:50 AM

Old September 2nd, 2023, 04:08 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming
Default Re: Mourning Ruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post

Rufflepaw
Muscled Ginger cashmere bengal ▵ He/Him ▵ 6moons

❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

He continued on his trek, staying within the area; thus, he got lost, something he wasn't willing to do right now. Rufflepaw wasn't entirely sure if his mentor would be happy that he went and got lost on his first hunting patrol. Staying low to the ground like previously, he felt he was doing this forever. Paws still lightly treading the ground, ensuring not to step on any leaves or sticks that would otherwise alert the prey. He took a whiff of the area around him a couple of times before he finally caught onto the scent of yet another shrew. Guess he was attracting them all today; that was fine with him. With quick movements, he inched himself closer to the source of the scent. Once he caught sight of his victim, he slowed until he stopped mere feet away from it. Repeating the same moves he did beforehand and readied himself before he jumped for the shrew, instantly killing it the same way. He pondered for a bit with the prey still hanging in his jaws if he should try his luck and try to snag another one. It wouldn't hurt to try; if he failed, it wasn't like he'd be going back empty pawed; he did at least catch something. Rufflepaw was quick to bury the prey before he returned to the exact steps again and moved off to the side. This time it was some bird, which one he needed to be sure; he didn't tend to remember their names. Rufflepaw never tried a bird, nor did he even know how to catch one, but he knew they were harder to snag. He would try, and if he failed, it was worth a shot. Creeping forward, he got closer and closer before the bird was quick to snap its neck in his direction. As expected, it spotted him and quickly flew off like it had never been there before. The large apprentice huffed; he had seen that coming since he wasn't sure how even to hunt them in the first place. Getting back up to his feet, he returned to collect his hidden prey and returned to their agreed meeting spot. He plopped his hairy butt down and waited for Brokentalon to return; he wasn't going to return to camp by himself now.

[+2 shrew]
@Silk_Cradle_Ruler
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══
Brokentalon soon returned with a large amount of prey in his mouth.
Old September 4th, 2023, 10:00 AM
im back i swear it

Bump Policy: 2 Days
My Mood: Yeehaw

Rufflepaw
Muscled Ginger cashmere bengal ▵ He/Him ▵ 6moons

❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Bright blue eyes rolled over to make contact with Brokentalons figure as they approached. He nodded to them since he had prey in his jaws and no room to talk. Rufflepaw was ready to return to drop off the prey and tell that vulture guy about their catch. At least that's what he assumed they were supposed to do, it had to be like a herb patrol he did.

@Silk_Cradle_Ruler [its preferred for the patrol leader to report first, if you dont want too I can have Rufflepaw do it but he'll be clueless]

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw

Old September 5th, 2023, 04:12 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Brokentalon quietly nodded back and began to make his way back to camp. @Leafy [just counted how much we got: 3 shrews, 1 frog, 1 blackbird, 2 rabbits and 2 sparrows]

Last edited by Goopysharkboi; September 5th, 2023 at 04:14 AM.
Old September 15th, 2023, 03:27 PM

Bump Policy: 2-3 days
My Mood: Queenly

Frostclaw is here

Last edited by SandWing; September 15th, 2023 at 03:27 PM.
Old September 19th, 2023, 03:07 PM
Gone is not permanent.

Bump Policy: No bumping; me gone.
My Mood: Asleep

One last mention @Abyssopelagic

@SuspiciousMindz

So it seemed that Honeybite had decided not to show up. That was their problem, and Froststorm was not making it his. He had waited plenty, so no guilt. Turning to the 'bite that did show up, he nodded a signal to start hunting.

He chose a direction that suited the wind, and started hunting. Passing through a bush, he startled a group of grass hoppers, or locusts, or jumpers as he had head them called. He didn't know the difference between any of them. What he did know was that lizards ate them, so there might be some nearby. He waited patiently, and sure enough, a less-than-silent lizard came by, hoping for a chance of a full belly. The marbled warrior pounced and caught the reptile's scaly back under his paws. He delivered a quick nip to the back of its neck, and that hunt was concluded.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Last edited by MockingRabbit; September 19th, 2023 at 03:21 PM.
Old September 20th, 2023, 10:23 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Elmshadow**
@soldier @FrostyGalaxy @Abyssopelagic @SandWing

Blessed thistle, borage, and yellow bells. It should be a simple enough, straight forward, patrol. If Honeybite or Frostclaw caught up then he’d leave them to it but for now he’d make it quick. The yellow bells popped out to him quickly, the burst of yellow among the greenery of the ruins, so he moved to them and looked back to Cobwebpaw and Deerpaw. ”One of you start collecting some of these flowers. The other start looking for stalks, either the spiky leaves of the blessed thistle or the fuzzy leaves of the borage. If I find it then I’ll call you over. And don’t wander too far.” The last thing the medicine cat with two apprentices needed was one of them accidentally finding any of the foxes or badgers that had seemed to plague their territory this past season. Once the apprentices were started on their tasks, Elmshadow turned to begin searching for the other herbs he’d tasked this patrol with finding.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old September 20th, 2023, 11:10 AM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

@Pitou @FrostyGalaxy @Abyssopelagic @SandWing

Still slightly intmidated by the medicine cat, Cobwebpaw leaves Deerpaw's side and starts to gently collect the flowers - yellow bells, he thinks Elmshadow called them. yes, you're right. They're yellow bells. He's curious for a moment before he looks at the larger, dark cat.

"If I may ask, what are Yellow Bells fore?" He asks, genuinely curious. Maybe he'd be able to help Elmshadow more often if he knew some of the uses of herbs. If not, maybe then he'd just... Exist.

Story Writing(tips and others) |

Lynxfang - Beefed Up Tier One
Shatterpaw - Skip The Steps
Burnetkit - Silver Tongue and Mind Reader

Old September 20th, 2023, 12:32 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

*-Deerpaw-*
96/100
he/they | 7moons | Agatha Kitty: inactive
fluffy brown tom with a bobbed tail and patches of white on his muzzle and chest

Thistle or borage, stalks with spiky leaves for thistle, fuzzy leaves for borage. That descriptor should, theoretically, be enough to go on, but Deerpaw had also never seen them before, or, if he had, he hadn't known what they were called, so he was working with nothing more than a description to identify the herbs. And if he identified them wrong... Well, at least Elmshadow was here to correct them should they identify wrong? Cobwebpaw was working on the yellow bells, an easy enough plant to memorize especially with its bright coloration.

Wandering a few paces away, he began to sniff around the greener plants that tended to stick higher up, trying to look for the distinct descriptors of the prickly or fuzzy leaves.

[ @Pitou || @soldier || @Abyssopelagic || @SandWing ]
Old September 22nd, 2023, 11:48 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Elmshadow**
@soldier @FrostyGalaxy

Cobwebpaw was getting started working on collecting the yellow bells and Deerpaw was off searching for the others. As Elmshadow sniffed, Cobwebpaw's question reached him. He absently nodded as he kept his attention on the herbs and shrubs around them in his search for the blessed thistle or borage. "Yellow bells and marigold have a similar use though having both has become rather essential since marigold do not grow through leafbare while yellow bells do. Yellow bells and marigold can be chewed into a poultice and put onto wounds, they help the healing and prevent infection so they're generally more often put onto healing wounds than not."

He stopped walking as he picked out a tall stalk of unmistakably blessed thistle. He turned his head to check on Deerpaw, still searching. If he could help it, he'd rather give the apprentice borage to deal with rather than the spiny, uninviting blessed thistle, so he moved past the blessed thistle and continued searching until he found the fuzzy stalks of borage. He turned his back on them and called out, "Deerpaw, over here." He flicked his head back toward the stalks behind him. "This is borage. Collect what leaves you can." With that, Elmshadow moved back to the blessed thistle and began nipping leaves and some of the flowers off the plant.

[ +3 blessed thistle leaves +3 blessed thistle flowers ]

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old September 22nd, 2023, 12:46 PM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

@Pitou @FrostyGalaxy

Grateful for the knowledge, he nods his head and turns back with a mouthful of the Yellow bells. He then thinks about it for a moment before he adjusts his grip on it so he is holding the stems in his mouth a little looser - so he does not crush them. Cobwebpaw looks at Elmshadow for approval.

((+4 yellow bells))

Story Writing(tips and others) |

Lynxfang - Beefed Up Tier One
Shatterpaw - Skip The Steps
Burnetkit - Silver Tongue and Mind Reader