Snowheart's Mini Pixelgif...
Last post by SnowheartTC
Today 12:31 AM

Old October 15th, 2020, 10:27 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

With a quick nod, and an inner snort with at the idea of chucking a mouse at someone, Shrewpaw seized half of the prey. Marigoldpaw was big, she could handle the rest. With a wave of his tail he was gone, his lithe brown body, dissapearing quickly into the undergrowth. He was already out of earshot by the time Adderfang got around to the badger ride, so he thought nothing more of the kit.
Old October 15th, 2020, 01:28 PM
don't worry, be happy

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementals View Post
~Foggybrook of SHC~

The molly nodded their head when they saw the flash of orange in a shape of a rabbit tail. She wondered what they meant for stinky herbs as she parted the herbs in her jaws to scent it before blinking at how powerful the smell was getting shoved up in her nose. Foggybrook shifted her plants back so then the scent would get blocked off but she could still scent the path back to the Shadowclan camp.

"Hmm, doesn't seem poisonous to me. Try to carry what you can carry since you found more than me. If not then we can make another trip," the molly mewed before waiting on Sparrowpaw. If they were to make another trip then they would need to find a good place to store the herbs because birds can sometimes eat them up.

{ @Goldenmac }

Sparrowpaw looked down at the herbs at his paws before glancing back up Foggybrook.
"Another trip would be okay." He meowed.
The orange tabby picked back up his herbs, again that stinky smell filled his nostrils which was not pleasant. He already started to pad back up to camp to put the stinky herbs somewhere.
Old October 15th, 2020, 10:12 PM
nom nom chocolateee

My Mood: Unpredictable

@gs29513 @KITSU. @bmkmb

Chickadeepaw padded into the territory after Talonstone. She sat down, awaiting orders. "What do I do now?" She asked

Last edited by PEPPERMINT~; October 15th, 2020 at 10:13 PM.
Old October 16th, 2020, 09:46 AM
Peppermint Pudding

My Mood: Twisted

Windstrike
[ @Rani ]

Windstrike watched the smaller tom closely, noting down everything as he carried out the instruction. When he noticed Shrikepaw beginning to struggle, he was about to step in to help before he figured it out on his own. Deciding to keep his mouth shut, he watched silently until the apprentice dropped down into, a very sloppy, crouch. Nodding in approval, he joined him in his position, glancing over his form skeptically. "That's absolutely horrendous, but at least you somewhat knew what you needed to do," he finally said, lowering his voice as to not scare off the prey. Getting up for a moment, he used a paw to adjust Shrikepaw's foot placement before dropping back down, "Watch where you place your paws at all time, one wrong step and all the prey in the nearest radius is gone. Also, lift your tail so it hovers right above the ground, it'll make noise if it drags." After explaining the crouch, Windstrike exampled how it was supposed to work by stalking forwards a few steps, footsteps almost silent as he adjusted his weight off of them. Looking back, he beckoned with his tail for the apprentice to follow, doing what had done.

"Kindness is like sugar. It makes life taste a little sweeter"
Carla Yerovi

Character Site | Shooting Stars

I will not respond to one liners or five word responses.

Old October 16th, 2020, 12:01 PM
Ambivert

~Foggybrook of SHC~
(TIME SKIP! MWHAHAHAH! I'm just gonna post in the medicine storage and report the patrol after this post.)

Foggybrook nodded as she helped stash the other herbs into a bush that was quite a nice place to store them while they were dropping the herbs they could carry before heading back to get the others. She and her apprentice went went back the the camp to drop off the herbs in their mouths.

(Skip ahead in time)
Once they had dropped it off, she went back to make the trip to get the remaining herbs which were thankfully untouched. Foggybrook tried to not wrinkle her nose at the interesting weird smell of the garlic that was pretty strong while watching her pawsteps back to camp

{ @Goldenmac }
{Foggykit}{Mouseleap}
Windclan:
{Songkit}{Fallenghost}
Thunderclan:
{Seedcrush}{Pineapple}
Profile pic is by alan
Old October 17th, 2020, 09:23 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

At Windstrikes direction Shrikepaw slipped into proper crouch position almost alarmingly fast as he realised that this was basically just a stealth crouch. He's been stalking around and lurking since he was a kit and even with the minimal training he'd gotten from around the camp he'd practiced enough that the movement and principles were almost second nature to him. Sure keeping track or disguising his own scent would be a skill he needed to learn and constantly readjusting for his ever growing body would be a hinderance but the root skill was planted in an area he thrived in. The small tom let his whiskers barely skim over the ground as he advanced, eyes fixed on the mouse, to alert him to any obstacles he may meet moving around the stick in his way in this manner. Perfect balance would come with practice even if he was doing well and keeping a close eye on it, slowing his progress for perfection and managing to get pretty close to his prey. His tail and ears were positioned well and he was doing a great job at staying out of sight despite his pelt lending itself to nighttime rather than morning but as expected his lack of understanding of how to minimise his scent was his downfall. Shrikepaws red pupils expanded as he saw the twitch of the mouse about to bolt, having scented him, and he lunged forward with a soft snarl brutally if a tad messily taking out the prey.
The apprentice padded back and placed his catch in front of his mentor, all in all not bad for his first ever attempt (at least to his mind).

@Pepperkins

Last edited by Rani; October 17th, 2020 at 09:23 AM.
Old October 17th, 2020, 12:16 PM
Peppermint Pudding

My Mood: Twisted

Windstrike
[ @Rani ]

Windstrike sat in his crouched position as he watched the apprentice, brow raising slightly as he saw the apprentice dart forward after the mouse. Examining carefully, the warrior took note of the sloppiness and sat up as the apprentice padded back over. There was a lot they needed to work on, but at least their form was good. Almost perfect honestly. He glanced down at the mouse with a nod of approval. "That was good for your first catch, but you almost lost it because of your scent. You want to make sure you're downwind of prey for future reference, so that your scent is blown in the opposite direction. Another option is to roll around in a fern, some water, or mud. Though other cats may still smell you if you don't do it thorough enough. Otherwise, you seem to have down the basics," he mewed, getting up as he sniffed the mouse for a moment, "Kick some dirt over it so other predators don't find it and let's move on."

Leading the duo a few tails away, he glanced over the apprentice for a moment, taking in the tom's darker fur. "Your best bet when it comes to stalking without being scene is sticking to the shadows. Luckily, you live in Shadowclan and we have plenty of those," he said, purring in amusement as the thought of Shrikepaw attempting to hunt in any of the other clans flashed through his mind, "Now, I want you to use what I just told you and catch another piece of prey. I won't be helping this time, just watching. If you do that, we can end off for today and we'll pick up next time."

"Kindness is like sugar. It makes life taste a little sweeter"
Carla Yerovi

Character Site | Shooting Stars

I will not respond to one liners or five word responses.

Old October 17th, 2020, 09:02 PM
You're stuck with me

His nose twitching, Shrewpaw prowled through the undergrowth. He knew he couldn't expect to find prey RIGHT away, but..........it would be nice once in a while, wouldn't it? Just this once? Apparently not, as it seemed to be eluding him. Moments later however, his ears perked. He could scent and hear something! He wasn't sure quite what it was at this point, but it WAS prey! Slinking silently through the bushes, he rounded a tree, and there it was. Some kind of bird. He wasn't sure what kind, but it looked good! It was a color he'd never seen on a bird before, almost the color of blood. He supposed it was a winter bird. But enough thinking. Hunting time. His paws silently sliding across the ground, he was a mere tail-length from his goal when its head shot up, beedy eyes sweeping the area. Hesitating no longer, his muscles coiling and uncoiling, sending him through the air, he leaped. Claws flashed, a small bit of blood splashed, and the bird lay still. Covering it rapidly in leaves, he continued his hunt, knowing he had to prove his skills to his new mentor. @~dust~
Old October 17th, 2020, 09:06 PM

My Mood: Worried

As he padded into the forest she slipped behind him climbing into a shrub. As he looked at the Brie and sensed it she watched him creep and then catch it. She lnodded content that had been a very good first test catch. She didn’t think that was luck she thought he was a good hunter well hopefully he would keep showing his skills.
As he began to bad of she picked up a feather and placed it on the shrub she had been hiding in so if he came back he might see she had been in there,
@gs29513
Old October 17th, 2020, 09:15 PM
You're stuck with me

A while had passed, and another prey animal eluded Shrewpaw. He was beginning to feel frustrated, at the cold driving them into their burrows, and his own inablity to find them. And the fact he was probably going to fail, and be treated like a stupid kit. Not on his list of things to do. With a huff, he paused to think. He didn't think he had the time to burrow flush, but where else could the prey be? SOMETHING must be out eating after all! Where was their food? Moments later, he was bounding off, the image of the beech tree glaring in his mind. Of course! The nuts must be delicious, and anything out was probably gorging there! As he approached the tree, his suspicions proved true. At least one, if not two mice were scuffling about in the leaves. It wouldn't get him all the prey he needed, but it would be a start.

His paws stepping lightly, making no crunches as he slowly compressed the small leaves, he made his way towards his quarry. The trunk of the tree separated them, not that it was of much use as a shield. Still, he was able to make his way almost up against it before he heard the rustling stop. He had to go now. Twisting around the trunk, his claws flashed again and he had the small body in his grasp, killing it swiftly. He knew chances would be at a premium today, and probably all winter, and he really couldn't afford to let many go unused. Nor could anyone, if the clan was going to stay fed all leafbare. @~dust~