by BEAR.
Last post by sleepyyjax
Today 05:59 AM
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 05:54 AM

Old October 3rd, 2020, 10:36 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

They were both stuck. Utter stuck. Completely near unmovable stuck. And there was some stupid hilarious concept to it that Doetuft didn't get but still... it did brighten her mood to some extent. More or less the ridiculousness of it. The sounds of the mud moving around just made it even worse, but for once she couldn't bring herself to care. This ridiculousness was allowed, having fun while out on a patrol wasn't necessarily a bad thing, it wasn't a crime to enjoy herself while she was doing this, it wasn't a bad thing to have fun. And this took a while to settle in Doetuft's mind but eventually it did. Eventually it settled in quite well with her and she couldn't help the small smile that glittered on her face around the pigeon. It was just pure luck that she was part of the group who'd end up not watching where they were going and then end up in the mud. It was... strange but nonetheless enjoyable in its own disgusting horrible way. The frustration would come when she had to remove the mud from her fur but she decided right then and there it would be a job for another day. Frosty could complain all he wanted if she went to sleep with a muddy fur, it wasn't exactly her nor Adderfang's fault they'd ended up in mud and had fun. It was something she was still learning about... fun. Never with another cat, another cat that wasn't Snowflake in this circumstance, had she been able to laugh as freely as she did right in this moment, even around the large prey they'd managed to catch. "Splosh," she voiced, laughter evident and soon she burst into giggles, something that too was perplexing for Doetuft, it wasn't something that occured often but... this was enjoyable despite 'sticky' situation they were in. "Seems... we find our... selves... in a sticky.. situation," she couldn't help but voice, relishing in the joke. "At least... we got some... food for the clan.... that's a bonus. Maybe... we can stick... more prey... unto our fur... now. Carry... more than.. usual." It was a ridiculous idea but everything about this moment was ridiculous so she didn't exactly care.
The helpless laughter that had been petering off only renewed at the one word descriptor of the situation and Adderfang continued her giggling at the jokes before finally trailing off into quiet panting as she tried to catch her breath. Even as the initial burst of laughter faded the good humor did not and the warriors reply was light and content as she meowed around her burden. "Oh and with our excellent new camouflage no doubt we will need the extended carrying capacity. We blend in perfectly to the marsh now, think it might be a good idea to suggest rolling around in mud to hide our fur colors to Dawnstripe? It certainly seems effective, Ive never looked more like a mud puddle and less like a cat in my life."

With the grossest sound Adderfang had ever heard (undercut by amused snorts) the warrior wretched herself out of the mud from brute force alone hauling her body onto solid ground. Putting the pigeon down the warrior (paws firmly planted on the dirt) reached a paw out in offering to the other molly, ready to pull if she grabbed on. "Here, paws in front of you if you wanna grab on. To be honest though now that we're all muddy we could just dig around in the mud to find sleeping frogs to finish our hunting. Would be easier even if I personally prefer lizards to frog, much less slimy." She mused waiting for Doetufts response. At least with her first bird and these two fat pigeons they wouldn't have to hunt for too long in their muddy state to get enough for a good meal for the clan.

Last edited by Rani; October 3rd, 2020 at 10:36 PM.
Old October 4th, 2020, 10:14 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
The helpless laughter that had been petering off only renewed at the one word descriptor of the situation and Adderfang continued her giggling at the jokes before finally trailing off into quiet panting as she tried to catch her breath. Even as the initial burst of laughter faded the good humor did not and the warriors reply was light and content as she meowed around her burden. "Oh and with our excellent new camouflage no doubt we will need the extended carrying capacity. We blend in perfectly to the marsh now, think it might be a good idea to suggest rolling around in mud to hide our fur colors to Dawnstripe? It certainly seems effective, Ive never looked more like a mud puddle and less like a cat in my life."

With the grossest sound Adderfang had ever heard (undercut by amused snorts) the warrior wretched herself out of the mud from brute force alone hauling her body onto solid ground. Putting the pigeon down the warrior (paws firmly planted on the dirt) reached a paw out in offering to the other molly, ready to pull if she grabbed on. "Here, paws in front of you if you wanna grab on. To be honest though now that we're all muddy we could just dig around in the mud to find sleeping frogs to finish our hunting. Would be easier even if I personally prefer lizards to frog, much less slimy." She mused waiting for Doetufts response. At least with her first bird and these two fat pigeons they wouldn't have to hunt for too long in their muddy state to get enough for a good meal for the clan.
This was plain out ridiculous and she loved it. Loved the mess that they were in and Doetuft shook her head with bemusement. Only on a hunting patrol with a clanmate could such a thing happen, and well... it wasn't even her fault! Mud wasn't exactly something that could be sensed but they were not playing the blame game here, they were having fun and enjoying themselves, which mattered more. A lot more. "Dawnstripe... wil shred... us because... she thinks we're... invading Riverclan... cats and not... her clanmates." Doetuft was completely fine with rolling along with the jokes. "At least... we're mud.. puddles... and not bugs." As she listened to the other warrior pull herself out of the mud she wriggled herself and with a grateful nod she grasped Adderfang's outstretched paw and heaved herself out of the mud, the pigeon still grasped in her jaws. They'd done a good catch, especially with the three birds already but she did agree with the older warrior. They needed something else to add to the pile, although the question of how they would carry it all back to camp was still a vital one. And she wasn't entirely sure how that would progress. But refusing to get stuck in more mud she voiced her own opinion as she started to walk away from the mess that was the mud hole they'd somehow ended up in. Her legs were all covered and stiff from it but... it would be gone in due time. "I... would prefer to go... hunting for... lizards. At least... then we... don't risk drowning... again. And... Dawnstripe would... probably... not be happy with frogs." She assumed the leader would be such a picky eater that she could imagine her throwing away frogs just because it was 'an easy catch'.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old October 4th, 2020, 03:33 PM
Procrastinator

My Mood: Pensive

// @bmkmb | @Finpaw --- [Aaaa I wanna apologize for Spark being prickly, Fin! Finpaw is adorable and she's just jealous. I think she'll lighten up and like him much more after he gets slapped in the face with a fish. xD]
Look—this all started off okay. She’d been in a good mood after leaving camp, a great one in fact. But as certain cats talked, her outlook soured just a little. Ughhhhh. Sparkpaw trailed behind the older cats, uncharacteristically quiet. Normally she might be chatting and brimming with enthusiasm, bringing with her an offensive amount of positivity…but apparently someone else already filled that role. [And she still couldn’t remember his name.]

Spark kicked at a clump of pine needles as she listened to what’s-his-face go on about how amazing a hunter he was. The Bengal she-cat wrinkled her nose. How in StarClan’s name did this cat shut up long enough to manage a stealth patrol? Then he answered her question, and Sparkpaw's ears flicked in annoyance.

Was it because this guy knew stuff she didn’t know about their destination, and it made her insecure? Or because he was so cheery and happy and nice about it? Something about him rubbed her pelt the wrong way. The facts were this apprentice was older, more experienced, and talkative—and he soaked up the attention Sparkpaw usually had to herself. That must be why every time he opened his mouth, she had to stop her creamy fur from bristling.
[These...really weren't good reasons to dislike someone. He'd been nothing but nice to her. Maybe it was the lack of sleep...maybe it was a tug of jealousy.]
Thankfully, they arrived at the bank; her thoughts needed a subject change, and this was perfect. Sparkpaw was distracted by the newness of it. Talonstone and—Finpaw, his name was—probably visited places like this before, but she was recently apprenticed. There were so many things she had yet to explore. Like sound, scents and textures! Her paws weren’t accustomed to the soft grass beneath them, so different from a bed of pine needles. It was kind of nice. Spark continued to survey the area with widened eyes, lingering a little longer on the rivulet.

Talonstone’s question had Sparkpaw snapping her head up in attention. “Of course I’ll swim!” She insisted, tone hot and indignant. She would not be carried around on her mentor’s back like a helpless kit. Spark knew Talon expected this answer from her, but she didn't care; the notion was ridiculously embarrassing. “Finpaw here might take you up on it, but I can do it myself. Teach me—I’ll learn right now!

Last edited by Ziera; October 4th, 2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old October 5th, 2020, 02:23 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

This was plain out ridiculous and she loved it. Loved the mess that they were in and Doetuft shook her head with bemusement. Only on a hunting patrol with a clanmate could such a thing happen, and well... it wasn't even her fault! Mud wasn't exactly something that could be sensed but they were not playing the blame game here, they were having fun and enjoying themselves, which mattered more. A lot more. "Dawnstripe... wil shred... us because... she thinks we're... invading Riverclan... cats and not... her clanmates." Doetuft was completely fine with rolling along with the jokes. "At least... we're mud.. puddles... and not bugs." As she listened to the other warrior pull herself out of the mud she wriggled herself and with a grateful nod she grasped Adderfang's outstretched paw and heaved herself out of the mud, the pigeon still grasped in her jaws. They'd done a good catch, especially with the three birds already but she did agree with the older warrior. They needed something else to add to the pile, although the question of how they would carry it all back to camp was still a vital one. And she wasn't entirely sure how that would progress. But refusing to get stuck in more mud she voiced her own opinion as she started to walk away from the mess that was the mud hole they'd somehow ended up in. Her legs were all covered and stiff from it but... it would be gone in due time. "I... would prefer to go... hunting for... lizards. At least... then we... don't risk drowning... again. And... Dawnstripe would... probably... not be happy with frogs." She assumed the leader would be such a picky eater that she could imagine her throwing away frogs just because it was 'an easy catch'.
Following the other cat Adderfang let out a derisive snort at the last comment setting to work in digging a hole to store the birds in temporarily while they clean a few sun baked rocks of their scaly burdens. "While I can understand having types of prey one prefers not to eat, I personally cannot stand the taste of crow, wasting prey already caught is foolishness at its best. That I can imagine Dawnstripe refusing prey for the clan due to personal tastes is not a good sign in all this mess." Dropping the pigeon in but leaving the hole open for Doetuft to add her own Adderfang made a short leap onto a stump, quickly picking out several rocks that held promise for quick lizard collection. Noting that the rocks were still well in earshot she padded over to one, paw flashing out to scoop up the first lizard that wasn't fast enough and slowly but steadily started accumulating a small pile of the prey. "Those birds are a double edged claw to us it seems, they're certainly a good catch but Im going to have to carry the lizards on my back to get them back to camp. I hate doing that but I suppose thats the downside to having shoulders at broad as mine." She mused picking off one that got caught on a claw. "Suppose theres that one hated chore for everycat though..." She trailed off hoping Doetuft would see her open statement and keep the conversation rolling, she was enjoying it too much to just trail into silence for the rest of the trip.

Last edited by Rani; October 5th, 2020 at 04:33 AM.
Old October 5th, 2020, 09:16 PM
nom nom chocolateee

My Mood: Unpredictable

Chickadeekit sat on the edge of camp, grooming herself. Should she leave? Yes. It was fun out of camp, and she needed a drink of water. @RussetShade

Last edited by PEPPERMINT~; October 5th, 2020 at 09:52 PM.
Old October 5th, 2020, 09:37 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Bashful

(got a special mission for Shrew. Ebonyfang's looking for a good place for a herb garden)

[ @gs29513; ]

Ebonyfang padded into the territory alongside Shrewpaw. He was used to the apprentice already and hoped he would help him with something. "I was thinking of doing an herb garden. I would like your help in finding the right spot for one. It needs to be near the camp, so we don't have to go very far. We'll look for a right spot before finding herbs.", he meowed. He thought it would be easier for some cats to have a garden for herbs that didn't take long to get too.

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Old October 5th, 2020, 09:56 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Silkkit walked over.
" Hey Chickadeekit! " @Chickadeesong
Old October 5th, 2020, 09:58 PM
nom nom chocolateee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussetShade View Post
Silkkit walked over.
" Hey Chickadeekit! " @Chickadeesong
"Hi! Wanna explore?". Chickadeekit asked cheerfully (I'm planning on chickadee falling into a river or pond at some point idk y lol)
Old October 5th, 2020, 10:02 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Silkkit shook her head.
We are not suppose to L E A V E camp @Chickadeesong
Old October 5th, 2020, 10:02 PM
nom nom chocolateee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussetShade View Post
Silkkit shook her head.
We are not suppose to L E A V E camp @Chickadeesong
"But it'll be fun! And besides, we'll be careful." @RussetShade

Last edited by PEPPERMINT~; October 5th, 2020 at 10:30 PM.