by Ian
Last post by Estelle
Yesterday 11:52 PM
FireMaidens art cave
Last post by AriaTheFiremaiden
Yesterday 11:52 PM

Old January 20th, 2024, 10:37 PM
High-Function Autistic

Status: Highly Functioning Autistic who is easily frustrated, so if I say something I don’t mean, I’m so
Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Angelic

ShadowClan Re: ShadowClan Clearing

@gs29513

Alderblossom couldn't help but let out a purr of laughter.

"Perhaps," She mewed, amber eyes sparkling with amusement. It was clear that the pretty tortoiseshell was fond of Shrewstep, but she'd never admit that.

Alderblossom washed a paw pad and dragged it over her ear.

"Alright, then. When shall we start Bilepaw and Turtlepaw's training?" She meowed.

"Maybe Dovedance will bring Lostpaw along."

Pausing her grooming, Alderblossom looked up at Shrewstep. "If you want her to, I mean. I'm not going to pressure you or make you feel uncomfortable."

The tortoiseshell dragged her tongue rhythmically along her chest fur as she gave it a couple of embarrassed licks.

What was she feeling? Alderblossom had never felt embarrassed around another cat. The only cat she felt like this around was Shrewstep.

The warrior blinked, amber eyes fluttering up and down. His broad shoulders and stocky figure attracted Alderblossom, yes, as well as his sleek fur, but she had never noticed these feelings beforepaw.

Alderblossom realized she was staring. She looked sheepishly at her forepaws and shuffled them, her tail tip twitching with embarrassment.

"I-Im sorry. I'm usually never flustered around a cat," The pretty she-cat admitted, her voice like silky cobweb along her tongue, which she had never asked for. Her voice had always been like that.

[ I do own Dovedance, mentor to Lostpaw. Alderblossom isn't going to invite her along if Shrewstep doesn't want her to. ]

•☆ Purrks ☆•
Larkswoop: BUT3, FTT3, LL
Robinsnow: WI, AK
Fireflypaw / Flicker: TC, AK, MR
Pondpaw: Silver Tongue

Last edited by isla; January 20th, 2024 at 10:42 PM.
Old January 21st, 2024, 04:23 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Alderblossom seemed to catch a quick case of nerves, which Shrewstep found quite endearing. A bit of embarrassment, in such a setting as this, almost always meant he was doing a good job. After all, you didn´t get embarrassed around random clanmates. You only grew embarrassed around cats you thought about more often than average, like leadership figures, friends, rivals, or perhaps prospective lovers. He hoped the molly´s embarrassment was in that vein, but he didn't want to be too presumptuous. She was presumably attractive enough to have garnered advances before, and he wasn´t exactly the brawniest or most handsome cat in Shadowclan. He could talk a good game though.

Do you have any hot dates planned for tomorrow around sunhigh, or would that be a suitable time for our excursion? Shrewstep enquired, tilting his head slightly to the side and bringing a paw up to lap at it, and then scrub at one of his ears. He wasn´t feeling particularly nervous, this wasn´t his first rodeo, but sometimes it was a solid idea not to appear TOO unbothered. Then you looked suspicious. Like you do this all the time. Shrewstep had practice, of course, what tom of almost 45 moons WOULDN´T know how to talk to the ladies, but he wasn't out and about just for entertainment.

Now, of course, he had to deal with the prospect of Dovedance. He had nothing against the shecat personally, but if he wanted to continue to woo Alderblossom (though to be fair he seemed pretty well along that road if her degree of flustered-ness was anything to go by) it would be more convenient if they were alone. Friends tended to be suspicious of any toms sniffing around those dear to them, which he understood. If anyone had ever come looking at his neices and nephews he would have run them off himself at the first hint of oddness. But now he was the seeker, and having a watchful amigo around would not help him.

If you don´t mind, I might rather go with just us and our apprentices this time. I haven't done training in a while, and if I make a fool of myself I´d rather it be only you I have to convince to keep quiet. What, did you think he was going to tell Alderblossom he didn´t want her friend along? Not a chance! That would be a foolish mistake, and Shrewstep was no fool. Her admission of embarrassment, though not surprising given how clearly it was written on her face (MIND READER) was endearing. Oh it´s cute, don't worry! he purred, tail reaching to tap her on the nose. @Shellwhisker
Old January 21st, 2024, 06:31 PM

Bump Policy: A week
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naila View Post
Marigoldfur

The elderly walked out of the elder den and toward the fresh-kill pile, she stopped and instead made her way for a rock that had a small bit of sunlight warming it. Laying on her side she took the chance to warm herself up, even if it was only a little.

(Open to interaction)
Doeflame
It was freezing. Doeflame's fur was fluffed out as she stepped out of the warriors den, snow crunching under her paws. The only reason she had come out in the first place was to warm herself up a little by sitting on her favourite sun-warmed rock. The she-cat walked towards it, but another cat got there first. Doeflame huffed, walking over to Marigoldfur. "Hey, move over. I want to lay there too."
(@Naila)
Old January 21st, 2024, 06:45 PM

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Sad

Marigoldfur

As she lay on the rock, moments away from dozing off some cat's voice snapped away any possibility of sleeping. Lifting her head she looked at Doeflame, partially prepared to make a sharp retort, could an old girl not get her time to sunbathe? With a small blink, she took a moment to stretch before sliding off the rock, there was no time to be rude during Leafbare, everyone was cold and freezing, so sharing would be the best way to get through the cold season.

@kittycatburmise

Help me hatch my babies
Old January 21st, 2024, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Marigoldfur

As she lay on the rock, moments away from dozing off some cat's voice snapped away any possibility of sleeping. Lifting her head she looked at Doeflame, partially prepared to make a sharp retort, could an old girl not get her time to sunbathe? With a small blink, she took a moment to stretch before sliding off the rock, there was no time to be rude during Leafbare, everyone was cold and freezing, so sharing would be the best way to get through the cold season.

@kittycatburmise
Doeflame

As Marigoldfur slid off the rock, Doeflame hopped on, sprawling luxuriously across the stone. She pressed herself against the stone, enjoying the warmth, while blinking at the elder she'd displaced. "Marigoldfur, right? Remember me? The apprentice who neglected her elder duties?" Her voice was light and playful. @Naila
Old January 21st, 2024, 07:11 PM

Marigoldfur

Thinking about it for a moment she looked at the warrior and tilted her head, amusement glittering in her gaze. "There have been multiple apprentices like that in my time as an elder. Remind me of your name again? This cat reminded her of one apprentice but she wanted to make sure she didn't have the wrong one. I remember an apprentice, the little lier promised to get the ticks out of my fur, but she never came!" There was a teasing tone in her voice as she thought about the day she was left to fend for herself against the blood-sucking demons.

@kittycatburmise

Help me hatch my babies
Old January 21st, 2024, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Marigoldfur

Thinking about it for a moment she looked at the warrior and tilted her head, amusement glittering in her gaze. "There have been multiple apprentices like that in my time as an elder. Remind me of your name again? This cat reminded her of one apprentice but she wanted to make sure she didn't have the wrong one. I remember an apprentice, the little lier promised to get the ticks out of my fur, but she never came!" There was a teasing tone in her voice as she thought about the day she was left to fend for herself against the blood-sucking demons.

@kittycatburmise
Doeflame

"Doeflame," Doeflame offered. She tilted her head as Marigoldfur told how an apprentice hadn't done her ticks. That was probably me, she thought dryly. "Maybe." She yawned; the warmth was good for making her sleepy. "I was an apprentice four moons ago, so if it was then I reckon that was me. Although I'm sure your poor old memory gets mixed up with times," she said with a teasing purr. @Naila
Old January 21st, 2024, 07:45 PM

Marigoldfur

With a mrrow of laughter she took a seat facing Doeflame. "I may be old but I don't forget that much!" That was a lie, even she knew she had quite a bad memory even as a kit. "You are shaping up to be a fine warrior, even if you ignored some of your duties as an apprentice." The amusement in her tone was now replaced by a wise one, she took a moment to look around the camp, so many good warriors they had in Shadowclan.

@kittycatburmise

Help me hatch my babies
Old January 21st, 2024, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Marigoldfur

With a mrrow of laughter she took a seat facing Doeflame. "I may be old but I don't forget that much!" That was a lie, even she knew she had quite a bad memory even as a kit. "You are shaping up to be a fine warrior, even if you ignored some of your duties as an apprentice." The amusement in her tone was now replaced by a wise one, she took a moment to look around the camp, so many good warriors they had in Shadowclan.

@kittycatburmise
Doeflame

"Don't forget that much? You sure?" Doeflame didn't know the elder well enough to judge her memory, but she would tease her anyway. But her smile dipped slightly at Marigoldfur's second remark. "I guess," Doeflame said with a shrug. The truth was, she didn't care about being a fine warrior. To her, life was about having fun and living in the moment. And Doeflame had never much respected the words of her elders.

When the wisdom talk began, Doeflame knew it was time to go. She slithered off the rock, messing up her fur as she did so. "I'm gonna go. You can take the rock." @Naila
Old January 21st, 2024, 09:15 PM
wco's local arsonist

Bump Policy: 12 - 24 hours, cus probs forgot about it
My Mood: Bored

Frostkit exists. (Closed)

Duststar is the current leader of DesertClan! She has a semi-open den policy!

Rose stopped by to brush away all the dustbunnies!

"Yeet or get yeeted. -Sun Tzu probably