RiverClan Mountain...
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 04:39 AM

Old May 28th, 2024, 07:04 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Willow's Rise

"You haven't seen me without my fur on!" Wolfhive's eyes glittered with amusement at the comment. He might seem impatient to others, but his priority was getting the job done - not waiting on cats who might not come when called. He didn't know either cat well enough to determine how punctual they'd be. "Let's go."

Then they were off. As they neared Willow's Rise, Wolfhive scented the air.. there was something he couldn't quite place, an odd sort of musky scent, but the smell of a bird distracted him from that unfamiliarity. "Probably best if we split up a bit - can cover more ground 'n won't scare prey off as easily." He started in the direction the bird's scent was coming from, tail twitching. "Holler if you need anything!"

[ @stag @leopardheart00 ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 28th, 2024, 08:42 PM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Yeehaw

◢◣ RAGGEDEAR | 28 MOONS | HE/HIM ◢◣
fluffy, russet tom with yellow eyes, torn left ear, & black paw tips

꧁꧂

Raggedear opened his mouth to object about splitting up, but thought better of it at the last moment, simply choosing to nod in agreement. The tom opened his mouth to scent the air, also detecting the bird that Wolfhive seemed to have honed in on. Padding a a few steps away, he scented the air again. 'Vole!' His yellow eyes gleamed with excitement. "What say you, Sunrunner?" He turned to the other cat. "Should we split up?"

[ @BEAR. | @stag ]

pixelgifs by @/SnowheartTC
FORMERLY LEOPARDHEART00
Old May 30th, 2024, 02:43 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!

Orangeblossom
| He/him | TC warrior | Moons: 19 | No purrks |

Orangeblossom nodded at the apprentice's words, that left him with things that he was more familiar with which helped out the warrior quite a bit. Woodpaw found some borage and the ginger tom smiled, "Well done! Stay in ear shot, I'll be right near by but I'm going to go look for some cobwebs and poppies." He chimed and allowed the apprentice time to respond before he padded away in search of the familiar herbs. Springlight had sent him out for some before and has even given a lesson to him about them. Though he wasn't much of a medicine cat and could only remember the basics of what she told him. Though he repeated that information as his green eyes swept through the space. [ D20: 7 | Fail ] The warrior couldn't find any sort of poppies around and that was saying something because the flowers were clear and bright red so they were probably out of view. Though he did spot some cobwebs on some nearby plants. Nice. He looked around for a stick and then wrapped the cobwebs around the other end. At least he found something but surely there was at least one poppy flower out here.
[ +2 Spider webs ]
[ 2/5; 2 cobwebs ]
[ @Blazing - Woodpaw ]
[ One more round of posts and then I'll turn it in o7 ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old May 30th, 2024, 02:44 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Ashenheart was practicing her hunting crouch with Thistletoe, who was being very calm and patient.
Old May 31st, 2024, 10:50 AM
it'll just take time.....

Status: i will forever stare back at the photos of us and smile!
Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
"You haven't seen me without my fur on!" Wolfhive's eyes glittered with amusement at the comment. He might seem impatient to others, but his priority was getting the job done - not waiting on cats who might not come when called. He didn't know either cat well enough to determine how punctual they'd be. "Let's go."

Then they were off. As they neared Willow's Rise, Wolfhive scented the air.. there was something he couldn't quite place, an odd sort of musky scent, but the smell of a bird distracted him from that unfamiliarity. "Probably best if we split up a bit - can cover more ground 'n won't scare prey off as easily." He started in the direction the bird's scent was coming from, tail twitching. "Holler if you need anything!"

[ @stag @leopardheart00 ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardheart00 View Post

꧁꧂

Raggedear opened his mouth to object about splitting up, but thought better of it at the last moment, simply choosing to nod in agreement. The tom opened his mouth to scent the air, also detecting the bird that Wolfhive seemed to have honed in on. Padding a a few steps away, he scented the air again. 'Vole!' His yellow eyes gleamed with excitement. "What say you, Sunrunner?" He turned to the other cat. "Should we split up?"

[ @BEAR. | @stag ]

SUNRUNNER
They/Them | Thunderclan Warrior
➢ The warrior was swift to follow after. Half-blind cat unsure about the comment that was made before and it's real relation to fur? It didn't make sense but Sunrunner threw it off as a hopefully joking jester of the Head Hornet. The walk is quiet, even they remain silent until words were directed towards them, which they respond with a nod of approval toward the grey and white tom. Attention shifting to Raggedear as he spoke next. Once again, Sunrunner nodded silently. It wasn't the words for a yes or no question, twice in a row.

They spit off to their own section, the scent of some sort of small creature gaining their attention. Hm, once Sunrunner pinpointed the scent, they discovered the musky one that also appeared. They turned back to Wolfhive to gesture to him. He was out of their sight, words go unspoken as Sunrunner pushes it to the back of their mind and keeps hunting. Stalking lower to the floor as they tracked the short path of (another) vole. Sunrunner wondered if it was kind of prey the other two found as well, maybe? Since t was common inthe area, three voles didn't sound like bad haul in their eyes.

--
✰ [ hunting kat and dark in leafí’s basement
So let's not do coffee, let's not even try
It's better we leave it and give it some time..
]✰
--

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen
velli was here doing profile mewsic and decided to vandalize
Old May 31st, 2024, 07:43 PM

header by @/Luminous

꧁꧂

Raggedear's whiskers twitched but he said nothing as Sunrunner nodded at him and left to hunt on their own. 'Not much of a talker, that one.' He thought to himself with shrug. He glanced in the direction Wolfhive had wandered off to, wondering if he had managed to catch what he was headed towards. Shaking his head first, the tom opened his jaws again to scent for the vole he smelled earlier. It was close.

Sliding down into the hunter's crouch, Raggedear crept forward, ears pricked for the tiniest sound of movement. Soon, a bush came into view and the tiny scrabbling of the vole could be heard. Slinking forward, Raggedear readied himself to pounce- *SNAP*. The warrior stifled a groan as his stepped on a twig he hadn't noticed, too focused on the prey in front of him. Alerted, the vole disappeared further into the bush. 'Fox-dung!' He cursed ton himself in his head. He knew he wasn't the best hunter in ThunderClan, but he should have been paying more attention!

The large warrior straightened his shoulders and began scenting the area again. Suddenly, he heard the scrabbling again. 'That dumb vole came back!' He thought with surprise, immediately dropping into a crouch again. Creeping forward, he made sure to pay more attention to where he was stepping this time. Then, quick as he could, he shoved himself under the bush and bit down on the vole, killing it instantly.

Triumph in his yellow gaze, Raggedear struggled out of the bush. It left clumps of leaves and some branches in his pelt, but he didn't care. He quickly buried his prey, and began to listen for more prey that might be hiding near by.

(+1 vole)

[ @BEAR. | @stag ]

FORMERLY LEOPARDHEART00
Old May 31st, 2024, 08:11 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

[ SHAKES FIST @ U LEOPARD!!! i wasnt expecting to be posted over while making a post LOL ]
So, it seemed they were splitting off. Wolfhive had noticed an air of apprehension from Raggedear but as they didn't push the matter, he wouldn't confront it. Sticking close together just didn't make much sense - they could remain within earshot and running distance while being split up.

The musky scent had grown stronger as he crept through the woods. It was nearly suffocating, and Wolfhive had to suppress a gag as he neared where the bird's scent was coming from.

He saw it against the leafy ground. A grouse rummaging through the debris.. Wolfhive bunched his muscles, and once he thought he was close enough, he pounced.

The bird had heard him coming, and he only just managed to hook its legs to unbalance it. As it stumbled, he regained the upper paw and sank his teeth into its neck. It sputtered and fluttered in his grasp, and he held on until it went limp. The tang of blood filled his mouth.

But with the death of the bird, the slight odor of blood - came other issues. Wolfhive's nose was too busy with the bird to catch the musky scent growing even stronger, but he could hear a short bark, the snarl that rip through the air, and his gaze rested on the beast in question.

Wolfhive had heard stories of foxes and how they terrorized patrols, but had never faced such a creature in his overall short life. The fisher, otter, pine marten.. those he had handled, not this.

He'd been overconfident in the past with the otter, but this fox was.. smaller, not much larger than he was. And he had backup if worse came to shove. Wolfhive dropped the grouse, allowing it to be forgotten at his paws as he yowled. "Fox!"

They could come if they desired - at the very least it'd alert them to the danger. In the meantime... the fox, with globs of drool dripping from its jaws, snarled and lunged.

Wolfhive sprang to a side, allowing the canid to barrel past him - and moved to rip his claws along its side. It very quickly twisted, maw coming to snap down on his leg, and he hissed in pain. What a pest! A few swipes to the face released him, as the fox recoiled back with blood dripping from its nose.

[ feel free to control the fox however i don't caare @leopardheart000 @stag ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 31st, 2024, 09:13 PM

header by @/Luminous

꧁꧂

As Raggedear began to search for more prey, a yowl pierced his ears. 'Fox!'He scrambled to turn around and raced towards Wolfhive's call. He wasn't one to leave a Clanmate to fight on their own. With a screech of rage, the warrior launched himself at the fox, relishing it's surprised look when he burst out of the undergrowth, ripping his claws through a part of the fox's lip while it was stunned. Unfortunately, that didn't last for long, as the fox seemed to regain it's senses due to the pain and lunged at Raggedear as well.

The tom tried to dodge, but he wasn't fast enough. It grabbed onto his tail and began pulling. Shrieking in a mix of fear and pain. Raggedear whirled around and slashed at it's nose again, causing it to release him. Ears flattened, his eyes darted to Wolfhive briefly. Though the fox seemed hesitant to continue to fight two agitated cats, it remained still, eyes glittering with malice as it watched them. "Wolfhive! Are you alright? We need to drive it out of here!" He exclaimed, praying to StarClan that Sunrunner might have heard the fighting. Three cats might be enough to start chasing it off, but he didn't know how determined this fox was.

[ @BEAR. | LOL MY BAD it was the first thing I did when I got home <- me n u fighting to post first | @stag ]

FORMERLY LEOPARDHEART00
Old June 4th, 2024, 04:45 AM

Bump Policy: After a week!
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Orangeblossom
| He/him | TC warrior | Moons: 19 | No purrks |

Orangeblossom nodded at the apprentice's words, that left him with things that he was more familiar with which helped out the warrior quite a bit. Woodpaw found some borage and the ginger tom smiled, "Well done! Stay in ear shot, I'll be right near by but I'm going to go look for some cobwebs and poppies." He chimed and allowed the apprentice time to respond before he padded away in search of the familiar herbs. Springlight had sent him out for some before and has even given a lesson to him about them. Though he wasn't much of a medicine cat and could only remember the basics of what she told him. Though he repeated that information as his green eyes swept through the space. [ D20: 7 | Fail ] The warrior couldn't find any sort of poppies around and that was saying something because the flowers were clear and bright red so they were probably out of view. Though he did spot some cobwebs on some nearby plants. Nice. He looked around for a stick and then wrapped the cobwebs around the other end. At least he found something but surely there was at least one poppy flower out here.
[ +2 Spider webs ]
[ 2/5; 2 cobwebs ]
[ @Blazing - Woodpaw ]
[ One more round of posts and then I'll turn it in o7 ]

Woodpaw
As they trekked through the Willow's Rise for a while, it seemed as if there was almost no signs of poppy flowers and only cobwebs and borages- until Woodpaw spotted it. A few amidst the undergrowth. Slightly smiling, he trotted over to retrieve it and went back to Orangeblossom with it.

[+1 poppy]

(Very late and short sryyy :C )
Old June 15th, 2024, 07:35 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

[cw: mentions of toxic relationships/family, heavy emotional distress and child death]

Stumbling to the small stone, Dovefluff crouched down in front of it. She remembered it like it was yesterday. She hadn’t been strong enough to come, but she was now. It actually didn’t matter if she was strong enough. She had to be. This was the only child she had been able to find, to bury.

Clearly she didn’t know dates. She wasn’t here on the exact day, because she didn’t know the exact day. She did know how the moon looked the night after. She knew it from the crushing weight in her chest. Her heart knew. 12 moons without her baby. The last of her first litter.

”Sorry I haven’t been around much, Mama’s been tired lately.” She croaked out, dropping the morning glories down at Echokit’s grave. The talons in her heart made it hard to breathe. But she knew better now, she knew that no amount of pain would kill her. For some cruel reason, she was still stuck here. Forced to stay and watch everyone she loved suffer and leave her.

Shakily assembling the flowers, she felt tears silently rolling down her cheeks. Would she ever be able to save anyone? What was her purpose if she couldn’t even save the ones she loves? She existed to be there for others, to love. To lose. To love again. To lose again. To be replaced. How much longer until Lioncrest replaced her? The unshakeable faith in her mate’s love for her was ripped from it’s support beams by the ever stronger feeling of insecurity. Or even worse, how much longer until Lioncrest grew to despise her? Like her parents did, like her mentor did, like…. Like he did.

She pushed the thoughts away, instead staying crouched in front of the small grave, staring at the soil, as if any tears she shed would fix a thing. Dovefluff was just so…. so tired. Tired and tired of being tired and she just needed the crushing emotional pain to stop… but it would never stop. Because in order for it to stop, she’d have to have her kits back. All of them. Darklight to be wiped from her memory. Parents who loved her and were proud of her- or someone. She just wanted someone to be proud. To know she wasn’t a terrible mother. She hated how at her age she was so heartbroken over never making her parents proud, but she just wanted to be loved the way she tried to love her kits. And she’d never get that.

Just like she’d never hold Echokit again. Echokit would have been made a warrior this moon. They all would have. Heronkit, Hollowkit, Skykit, Echokit. They would have been her little warriors growing up and having the lives they were meant to, but instead they were all gone. And she could only properly grieve one, because the other three could be out there still, and that was hardly comforting.

So she grieved. She grieved for all of them. Because out of 14 kits, she only had three left. And she was terrified, absolutely terrified to lose them.

Two out of a litter of eight.

One out of two adopted.

None out of a litter of four.

And she would be damned if she lost any more.

She was going to be the best mother ever. But she had to piece herself back together.

She had to. For them. Maybe she didn’t exist to be cared for or looked after, and that… that had to be okay. Maybe she was just here to take care of others, and she was going to do just that. What she was born to do.

But first, she had to let it out. She had to. And so she did. She covered her face and she sobbed into her paws, silently letting 40 moons of trauma and pain and loss turn into nothing more than salty tears soaking her fur. She had to do something to let it out, or she would go mad.

And eventually, she would head back to camp. But for now she just sat. Sat and stared at the tiny grave, where one of her 11 lost children slept. And she had come here to grieve just one, but she ended up grieving for them all.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit