Last post by silver.
Today 07:27 AM

Old August 3rd, 2023, 04:15 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

[Sparrowpelt]

It'd been a while since Sparrowpelt checked on Medicine Cats and Gentledoe. He padded up to the den with a mouse and an already plucked sparrow in his mouth. "Drizzlecloud?" The large warrior spoke around the prey, poking his head into the entrance. He caught a glimpse of an awake Gentledoe and some of the tension in his shoulders seemed to relax at last. She would be okay after all. He'd been worried about the warrior.

"I brought prey for you and Springpaw," the tom continued, placing the items on the ground now and awaiting the medicine cat. "I know you've been busy, but you need to keep your strengths up so I hope this'll help."

@ares @Omari @lio
[character mention, drizzle interaction]

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; August 6th, 2023 at 10:26 AM.
Old August 4th, 2023, 02:35 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 1 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

Well, at least Springpaw didn’t have to wait too long for Drizzlecloud to show up, as her eyes were quick to whip up towards the ticked tabby molly as she rushed into the den, her eyes a wide mixture of concern, puzzlement, and horror. The calico herself felt a hot rush of adrenaline rush through her body like a tsunami of roaring water that was suddenly out of control, her paws feeling like stone beneath the cool ground. Drizzlecloud did not look happy as she glared over at the warrior who took Pikekit in the first place, Springpaw’s throat tightening up as oriental-shaped ears instinctively pinned themselves to the back of her head. She could’ve easily felt her own breath getting caught within the midst of her throat as she silently awaited the moment where Drizzlecloud’s patience ran thin, and great StarClan above it looked like it was about to burst here soon. As the calico molly merely awaited for the usually gentle-and-kind ticked tabby to burst her bubble at Sootsong, Springpaw merely extended a forepaw towards the small bundle of herbs that she had been working to get so that she could properly look into the situation of Pikekit’s injuries, only to subtly jump up from Drizzlecloud’s sudden explosion of angry ranting.

If Springpaw would pray to StarClan at the given moment she definitely would for Sootsong’s stability and mercy. Drizzlecloud sounded absolutely pissed at the given moment and she had every right to be. Sootsong restlessly took a kit out of the safety of camp and then that in-said kit got minorly injured in the process by a hawk. Not only that, but with the upcoming dangers of war on the horizon between ShadowClan and ThunderClan it sure as hell wasn’t safe to be going out alone with the sudden risk of getting caught red-handed by the a ShadowClan patrol or even being killed by one of their bloodthirsty warriors as well. That final thought only irked the young tricolored feline, making her silently cringe and aware of the sudden danger that arose beyond the borders of the territory. Stars, would they ever be safe from such hazardous and harsh threats such as these? Would there ever come a day where they would have a chance to experience some peace and stability without the cost of their own lives being lost or being threatened to be killed? The thought only made the calico grow at a sudden loss for words, her pinned ears aching from the sheer pressure that was being placed against them from Drizzlecloud’s fury of words.

While speaking of her sudden outburst, the ten moon tricolored molly couldn’t help herself but slowly listened in on her ranting, silently contemplating the words that escaped her mentor’s mouth. Sure, it was definitely the wrong choice to make and she shouldn’t really be eavesdropping in on the ranting that her mentor was making, but it wasn’t like she couldn’t really do much about the sudden situation. She herself had practically been dragged into such just as much as Drizzlecloud had been herself, so it wasn’t like there wasn’t much that she could do about it. Nonetheless, her thoughts on the matter didn’t stray for much too long, as Springpaw was quick to feel her muscles tense up and she sucked in a sharp breath through her teeth as Drizzlecloud practically told Sootsong in a very brief way that he was doomed by getting sent to Bumblestar herself. Well, she surely was glad that she wasn’t in Sootsong’s position at the moment—given that he had purposely caused this entire thing to happen—or else she was sure that she would’ve wanted to throw herself in a hole and never come back again. That was pretty much how she felt after Drizzlecloud finished off her little furious spew of words.

Springpaw could’ve practically felt her mentor’s eyes drift over in her direction and her small body was quick to grow incredibly tense. She could almost practically feel the burning fury of irritation and frustration well off from her mentor as her eyes landed in her direction. Oh great StatClan, was she irritated at her? Was she mad that Springpaw herself didn’t know how to properly handle the situation of where Sootsong was in the wrong of taking a young kit out of camp without anyone properly noticing. Springpaw sucked in another sharp breath of air through her teeth as she had practically awaited for the next set of burning words that would escape her mentor’s mouth, only to receive orders instead to gather the cobwebs and marigold that Springpaw herself was going to gather much earlier before Drizzlecloud got into the den. Relaxing her muscles—which ached like absolute hell—the molly slowly allowed herself to breathe as she slowly nodded her head, forcefully swallowing down the irritable lump in her throat so she could properly speak. “On it.” quickly, she leaned down and swiped up the small bundle of marigold and cobwebs as she had collected them earlier that day, peering over at Drizzlecloud as she carried the small bundle in her jaws.

Without much hesitation—luckily—the dilute calico quickly trekked her way back towards her mentor as she subtly set down the small bundle of herbs right in front of her mentor at the given moment, eying her carefully as she awaited to see if she was going to have another possible spew. Stars, that would be something that Springpaw would absolutely not want on her on-going list of things happening as of late. The sudden change in the atmosphere almost made Springpaw feel more and more vulnerable to any possible change in her mentor’s current state of mind as she silently awaited for her mentor’s next set of words. However, Springpaw had silently mustered up the courage to quickly expel a next set of words before her mentor could properly speak for anything as of yet. “Would you like for me to go see if we have any more poppy flowers so we could give him a poppyseed to numb the pain and a moss-ball so we could clean up the blood from his wounds?” she eyed her mentor carefully as she asked this, silently clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth as she awaited her response towards her. Hopefully it shouldn’t be too negative, right?

@Ymir @Omari [ #air ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; August 4th, 2023 at 02:40 AM.
Old August 8th, 2023, 04:13 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Once Drizzlecloud realized that Gentledoe was done drinking, she hummed happily. “Good job,” She murmured before she placed the moss off to her side. Her frequent praise and gentle tone with Gentledoe was not meant to come off in a bad way–she was not babying the warrior, she knew that she was fully capable. Drizzlecloud was just a naturally gentle individual, especially with those that were in her care. So, she was only being especially gentle because of that.

A sigh left the tabby’s lips when the question drifted in the air. “To save you the big story and all of the details,” All of the panic and dread, which Gentledoe surely didn’t need to hear to know that it was experienced. “We tended to you as best as we could when we were at Sunkissed Creek. Once you were patched up, Sparrowpelt helped carry you back home. Once we returned, we cleaned your wound and more effectively patched you up, and.. Now you’ve woken up.” She gave a nod of her head, as if to say, ‘that’s all’.

A call of her name caught her attention, and she trilled at the sound of Sparrowpelt’s voice. She glanced over towards the tom, feeling a small swell of relief at the sight. “One moment, if you need me just call, mhm?”

She approached Sparrowpelt with a smile and a quiet purr. “Thank you.” She leaned over to nose at the prey that he brought for them, humming happily to herself as she did. “Gentledoe is doing good, so I hope you aren’t worrying too much about her. I want to thank you again for helping us with bringing her back home.”

[ @ares , @SuspiciousMindz , @lio ]

Now that Songsoot was out of the den, even Drizzlecloud could admit that she completely exploded there.. And she felt pretty bad. Not that she would take back anything that she said, but perhaps just say it a bit nicer. She’d apologize to Songsoot afterwards, but they had more pressing matters at hand right now.

“Good. Once we get you fixed up, I’m gonna get you some water and a bit of food if you’re feeling up for it, does that sound nice?” She asked the kit, voice still as gentle as ever.

Springpaw’s voice cut through her thoughts, and she shifted her attention to look at her apprentice. The way that she carefully spoke made Drizzlecloud think–had she frightened her? Goodness, she hoped not, but it would make sense if Springpaw was a bit on edge after watching her mentor completely blow up on one of their clanmates. “Yes–and a nice and sturdy stick while you’re there, please?”

She tilted her head ever so slightly to the side, offering Springpaw a gentle smile. “There’s no need to be so careful when you speak to me, Springpaw. You did nothing wrong–I am sorry if I frightened you at all.” Her words were genuine, and her eyes shone with a saddened, apologetic glint to them.

[ @Ymir ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old August 8th, 2023, 04:41 PM
I have the high ground

Bump Policy: 72 Hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

~ Lioncrest ~

Heavy footfalls were audible as the large tom gently moved through the camp towards the medicine cat's den. His gait was slightly askew, twisted slightly as he held onto Dovefluff's scruff while she rested on his back to make sure she refrained from falling. While Springpaw had most certainly done her best (and was sure to be following behind), he wanted to ensure that the injured she-cat he carried would receive any additional care she required.

"Drizzlecloud!" he rumbled out, voice slightly louder than intended as he attempted to gently slide the grey cat on his back into an unoccupied nest. "There was a rather serious skirmish with a rogue on our border. Dovefluff was injured, but the aggressor has been dealt with and Springpaw seems to have prevented further damage."

Turning his head to glance back at Dovefluff, Lioncrest gave her another quick inspection to make sure she hadn't been injured any further on their return trip. She had seemed rather tired when he had placed her onto his back...

"Do you need any assistance or supplies to treat her?"

[ @Omari @jupiter @ares @.squid (if you want Alder in here, but pls ignore if you don't <3) ]

Old August 8th, 2023, 07:42 PM
Moon of planet cult

Bump Policy: 2 day bump
My Mood: Queenly

Pikekit was in pain it hurt to speak and his lungs were still slightly out of breath but that had recovered mostly on its own the giant open wounds however had not and those HURT, Pikekit stayed still as drizzle ordered he had to do that at least for her, he listened to drizzle who was talking rather soothingly to him “I-i-i wou-would like th-that………b-b-but may-maybe a-a-a moss-ball too” he said trying not to burst into tears and/or screaming between words, he wanted something to claw and throw around a bit, I mean a mossball made by the medicine cat had to be one of perfection since they practically made them everyday so why not

Pikekit had still to yet take a medicine class so poppy seeds and big stick kinda scared him not knowing what those did or what they were for, but he trusted drizzlecloud so he didn’t bring up the matter though he was still paranoid

@Omari

@ares

Pikekit purrks: Well insulated

Blooddancer purrks: Nightmare fuel

“I’m going to the dark forest, but I want Starclan to hesitate” -Stormpaw

Charcter bio’s
Old August 8th, 2023, 08:11 PM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate
My Mood: Kingly

Bilingual: active

Cloudykit staggered into the den, dizziness making his head spin. “Uh, uhh…” he trailed off, forgetting the medicine cat’s name. How many were there again? Three? he didn’t know. Suddenly, he remembered one’s name “Uh, Drizzlecloud? Can I have some help, please?” he mewed, confusion tainting his mew. His pad had been bleeding rapidly and so was his head. How he got injured? All he could remember was something about Pikekit getting carried off and the hawk being very big. He padded a bit further into the den, wincing at the pain. “I was with Pikekit when Songsoot took us out of camp.” he explained to nobody in particular, the end of his sentence slurring a bit.

Was Pikekit okay? He hoped so. Or his injuries would have been for nothing. He sat down, hiding his paw with his tail. It’s too ugly. He thought. Padding into the den, a trail of blood in the shape of paw prints had been behind him, making the den stench more of blood. He wondered why Songsoot took them out in the first place, it’s not like they asked or anything. Or he didn’t remember them asking. To be honest, it was a bit hard to focus on one thing, because his brain kept on switching from one thing to another

@Omari
@ares
@Ymir (if you want Pike to notice him)

Last edited by Caspian; August 8th, 2023 at 08:15 PM.
Old August 10th, 2023, 04:12 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 1 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

Relief thrived through the young feline’s system once she had taken notice that Gentledoe was drinking the water from the moss, which was a good sign. It meant that Gentledoe still had some consciousness left in her system that she was able to properly get up and move around so she could drink from the moss. However, it had seemed that the brown molly was undeniably exhausted and tired—which was rather explainable, but she didn’t bother to make that statement. It wasn’t hard to see that the poor thing was in immense pain, and she clearly was weakened by the poppyseeds that had kicked in much earlier to help ease up with the pain. Springpaw felt horrible for the brown-furred molly, really. “If you need anything else, please try to let us know, okay? We’ll go get you it.” she softly murmured, being careful with her tone as she gently pressed her nose against Gentledoe’s shoulder. She made sure to keep the movement short and brief, not wanting to make the older molly uncomfortable in any way, but nonetheless, she wanted to show Gentledoe that she wasn’t alone. She didn’t want the older molly to go through this rather painful situation alone. Springpaw silently eyed her mentor when she had also murmured to the injured molly and couldn’t help but feel her chest painfully grow numb at the sight. If she were being honest, she felt like her mentor was a much better cat to deal with than being sympathetic with these kinds of situations. Then again, this was only her first time dealing with something as grave as this, she’ll grow accustomed to it over time as she gets used to her role, she supposed.

Springpaw was quick to notice how Gentledoe reacted when she took notice of how she nodded and weakly hummed to her question, making the calico frown slightly. It was just as she expected, honestly. Gentledoe was going to want to know what happened during the rather gruesome battle between ShadowClan and ThunderClan and what resulted with her growing unconscious. Pursing her lips, the young feline briefly glanced up towards her mentor to see if she would be willing to tell the story. Drizzlecloud would say it in a much better way than how Springpaw would, in the young molly’s personal opinion. It felt like she could say it in a way that wouldn’t be too complex or complicated to comprehend in the slightest. Of course, Drizzlecloud explained to Gentledoe that she was gravely injured during the battle and both of the medicine cats were trying to patch her up to the best of their advantage, resulting in Gentledoe’s current injury with the half of her face being bandaged up with blood-soaked cobwebs and the well-crushed up poultice of marigold. Springpaw didn’t really listen much with her mentor’s brief explanation, focusing more on Gentledoe’s behalf while Drizzlecloud explained what was… really the most of it. Sparrowpelt took Gentledoe back to the medicine den, she was more efficiently patched up and… now she’s awake and thankfully alive and thriving right in front of them.

A rather thick cloud of uncomfortable silence settled amongst the center of the dim den, the dilute calico silently shuffling her vibrantly white paws in her place as she glanced from one cat to another. What were they espoused to do now? Were they going to inform Gentledoe about the current state of her injury and how she’ll possibly recover from there? The words incessantly began to climb up her throat, her lips quivering as she silently comprehended how she was espoused to say the rather unfortunate news to the brown-furred feline lying comfortably on the moss-bed. Just as she briefly opened her jaws, her oriental-shaped ears perked up to the sound of someone walking into the den, her small head whipping over towards the dimly lit entrance of the den as her peripheral vision studied the figure who had suddenly entered the den. She didn’t have to comprehend the thought for too long as the newcomer began to speak, the voice vigilantly belonging to the friendly tom-cat who helped bring Gentledoe back to camp when it was needed: Sparrowpelt. A rush of relief shot through Springpaw as she perked her oriental-shaped ears forward to see what he had to say, only to suddenly feel her muscles quickly tense up rather painfully when Drizzlecloud had dismissed herself to go see what Sparrowpelt needed from her. Oh great, she was by herself, and had to keep an eye on Gentledoe. Hopefully the molly wasn’t going to take too long…

Just as she had opened her jaws to say something to the blue-gray ticked tabby, she was already gone. The quiet mumbling of her mentor’s voice echoed in her ears, the calico shuffling her white-furred paws once more as she stared down towards the lying figure of Gentledoe. Oh great stars above what should she do now? Her brain suddenly began to pound aggressively as she felt herself beginning to overthink. Should she tell her that Bumblestar was hoping that she was going to make a fine recovery? Maybe not, but it could feel like an appropriate thing to do nonetheless. The leader had seemed worried for the brown-furred molly when she visited her in her den. Briskly swiping her tongue across her lips, the calico mentally fought to slip the proper words out of her maw so she could properly comfort the brown-furred feline. “U… U-uh, Bumblestar hopes that you make a fine recovery, Gentledoe. She seemed really worried about you. Then again, everyone is worried about you.” She mumbled, making sure her voice was loud enough for Gentledoe to hear and carefully lowering herself to a loaf position so that she was closer to Gentledoe’s level. She thought that it would make herself look more comfortable and inviting to the other molly. “How do you feel? Do you need a poppyseed to help numb any possible pain that you are currently feeling at the moment?” Springpaw carefully eyed the wrapped bandages that were around half of Gentledoe’s face, squinting occasionally to see if they were on tight enough. She wanted to make sure that Gentledoe was going to receive a fine recovery, even if it was going to take a while for her to get used to seeing with one eye only.

@Omari @lio @SuspiciousMindz [sparrowpelt mention]

• Springpaw •

Springpaw’s nerves practically felt like they were on fire as she stood there dumbfoundedly, silently watching as Drizzlecloud’s face contorted with a mixture of regret and guilt. It was to be expected from her mentor from her sudden outburst that had happened with Songsoot. Drizzlecloud didn’t carry enough of a hard heart within her to stay mad at someone for too long, right? The thought made Springpaw’s stomach clench uncomfortably in its grasp, the young feline focusing back down towards the bleeding form of Pikekit as she frowned at the sight of him. The poor guy just looked absolutely pitiful at the given moment. It was understandable, given his current condition, but it was still absolutely horrendous how Songsoot would take a kit of all things out of camp and then suddenly something like this results from it. Pikekit didn’t deserve this kind of injury from a gigantic hawk… or from anything, really. He was only just a mere kit and that was it. What was Songsoot even thinking when he was taking the young tom out of camp to do… whatever he was going to have the young tom do. Springpaw’s tail lashed irritably against her flanks from the thought, her lips slowly pursing into a growing frown as she felt herself slowly growing more and more irritable at the tom who caused all of this skirmish to happen in the first place. Her thoughts almost quickly diminished when she heard Drizzlecloud’s voice ringing in the air, her attention quickly diverting towards the molly when she began to soothe the young tom, a rush of uncomfortable ease rushing throughout her system as she watched.

It was like watching a queen comfort her kits whenever they got injured or if they were upset. That was something that Springpaw never endured at such a young age. When she was injured, she had to overcome it on her own terms; her own ear was the result of that. The tattered ear in response twitched against the sudden thought of the pained incident. The torn ear was something that the apprentice was more than just used to at the given point; Smallsky had torn off her ear when they were in a huge argument over whether she was going to stay in ThunderClan or leave. A suppressed shiver ran down Springpaw’s spine, her claws tentatively flexing into the soft soil beneath her paws and causing disturbance to the ground below. It was a rather common habit for her to take whenever she needed something to try to ease the burdening thoughts away. Especially thoughts that contained anything about her birth giver. She abandoned her at four moons old to take care of her siblings and she didn’t even care for a single bit of she was dead or alive. All that she cared for was herself. Springpaw could feel her claws sinking deeper into the coarse soil below, dirt collecting around the corners of her sharp claws; the tip of her tail irritably twitching against the thoughts as she tried to keep herself afloat. Stars, she couldn’t be letting herself loose at the very moment. She had a patient to look after, and Drizzlecloud needed her help to see what he needed.

Which, her ears attentively perked up when Drizzlecloud’s voice broke through her thoughts; lapis blue hues peering over towards the direction of the ticked tabby when she instructed the young molly to go ahead and bring her a poppyseed and a soaked moss-ball—alongside a nice, sturdy stick while she’s at it. Nodding slowly to catch her thoughts, the calico had turned over towards the darker depths of the den to go search for a sturdy stick and grab a bundle of moss to dip into the clear stream of water that flowed within the den. However, before she had started to trek her way towards the back of the den, an ear twitched towards the direction of her mentor again when she heard her begin to speak once more. Her apology made the tensed feline feel a bit more at ease, her raised fur flattening among her back as she took in her words, slowly nodding in response as her lips quivered to properly combine words together into a proper response. “I… I know,” she states, her voice quivering as she spoke, “I was just… I thought you were angry with me for a second and I thought that I did something wrong. I thought that I had accidentally caused a problem by not knowing that Songsoot had actually taken Pikekit out of camp and all of a sudden; all of this happened. I’m sorry.” the apology was definitely out of her league and she felt rather pathetic for it, but she couldn’t help it. It suddenly slipped out and now she had absolutely no idea how to turn it back. Well, one of the only ways she could was by collecting the items that her mentor currently needed. That was quite obviously her main majority.

Without hesitation, the calico quickly pushed over the small bundle of marigold and cobwebs towards the direction of her mentor so that she could use them to help out with Pikekit’s current injuries, giving her mentor another quick nod before heading off towards the dark depths of the den; her peripheral vision adjusting to the darkness so that she could search for their extra bundles of mosses and their rather short pile of sticks. The calico snuck her nose into the pile as she nudged through the sticks trying to find one in particular that fit the most with what Drizzlecloud needed to help treat Pikekit’s rather gruesome injuries. Her nose came across a stick that seemed to be as sturdy and stable as Drizzlecloud possibly wanted it, and with a small grunt, the calico grasped her jaws gently around the wooden edges of the stick and plucked it out from the pile. Her tongue quickly averted back against the prickles of the wooden bark against her tongue, silently gagging against the rather bitter taste that was among her taste-buds. Well, one thing down, now she just needed to go get a bundle of moss that was soaked in water for Pikekit’s wounds to get cleaned off. Averting away from the area where the sticks were, lapis hues danced around the clearing to spot the pile of soft green bedding so that she could go ahead and get a small bundle of it to soak into the water in the den. Her eyes landed directly towards the a small bundle of moss that was directly located beneath a shaded area to keep moist within the den, the calico’s eyes quickly lighting up at the sight. It seemed that luck was gladly granting itself to her today.

With ease, she began to trek her way towards the pile as she stopped right in front of it, extending a forepaw to gently scrape off bits of moss off of the bundle with her claws so that she had enough to properly form a moss-ball so that she could take it the stream that was in the middle of the den to soak it with nice, cold water. After scraping some of the moss into bits, she carefully eyed the small pile before gently kneading it together into an appropriate-sized moss-ball so that she could carry it in her mouth alongside with the stick. Which, speaking of that, she was going to have to figure out how in the world she was supposed to carry both items in her jaws without risking possibly getting the stick stuck in the middle of the moss-ball and getting soaking wet. Silently shrugging to herself, she carefully pushed the stick towards her cheek with her tongue—whilst being careful about the bristles damaging or irritating any potentially sensitive skin in her mouth—so that she could lean down and pick up the moss-ball so that she could carry both items at once. There, perfect. She managed to carry both of the items in her mouth and now she could work on getting the moss soaked in water and get back to Drizzlecloud so she could help her out with patching Pikekit right back up! It should be easy, right? With a smile smeared behind both items in her jaws, she easily trekked her way towards the small stream that was in the middle of the den so that she could soak up the ball of moss that was in her mouth.

However, as she walked, her ears pointed upwards towards the sound of an uneven gait entering the den; a flash of worry and concern drawing across her system like wildfire. Was someone else also critically injured and in a dire need of help? It seemed to be the case, as the overwhelming metallic scent of blood was quick to stimulate her senses as the fur among her back quickly began to bristle; raising up at an alarming state against the horrifyingly familiar scent. Her paws began to grow numb as she scrambled herself towards the stream of water within the center of the den, quickly and precisely dipping the moss-ball into the water enough that it was soaking wet to the brim. Small, water droplets dripped rapidly from the bottom of the rather sodden moss as she whipped her head around towards the direction where Drizzlecloud and Pikekit were, quickly b-lining her way towards their direction as worry creeped into her expression. Hopefully it wasn’t another kit that was gravely injured. Springpaw would be certain that she would freak out if she noticed another kit in a critical condition and was bleeding just as profusely as Pikekit currently was. It would just only mean that problems are becoming more and more concurrent by the second and it was becoming more and more worrisome to keep a track than ever before. As the figures of Drizzlecloud and Pikekit came into view, the scent of blood grew more and more overwhelming than ever; Springpaw’s throat quickly became tight and clogged as her stomach clenched tightly against the horrid stench.

“D… Drizzlecloud? I got you-” Springpaw’s voice was quick to get caught in the middle of her throat when the young calico caught sight of Cloudykit sluggishly sitting in the midst of the den; her blue eyes wider than marbles as she stared wide-eyed in the direction of the young tom-kit, her brain vigilantly processing the slurred words that expelled from his mouth. Oh for the love of StarClan above, another one was taken out of camp alongside Songsoot? What in the world was that narrow-minded tom-cat thinking? Did he seriously think that it was okay for him to just take kits out of camp and put them in grave danger just for the fun of it? The calico briefly casted her mentor a quick glance before placing both the sodden moss-ball and the stick she asked for down by her side, glancing up towards her mentor’s eyes to make brief contact with them. “I’ll handle Cloudykit, you handle Pikekit.” She spoke, trying to press as much confidence into her tone as she could before turning and b-lining towards the small tom. Her heart almost quickly stopped in its tracks as she noticed the faint markings of bloodied paw-prints leading into the den; accompanied by smaller puddles of crimson alongside the bloodied markings. Her eyes glanced up towards the side of Cloudykit’s head as she took notice of the grave damage done to the side of his head; noticing the young kit was suffering from rather heavy, induced bleeding from both his paw-pad and the side of his head. Oh great StarClan what happened with these kits? What was Songsoot even thinking of making this ridiculous decision of taking these innocent, defenseless kits out of camp?

Swallowing down the heavy lump in her throat, the calico molly carefully rested her tail-tip among the younger kit’s shoulders, being careful where she placed it so she didn’t further risk the tom-kit being more scared than he already was. “Here, follow my voice. I’m going to take you to a nice, warm, and comfy moss-bed, alright? I’m gonna make sure to patch you right up and you won’t have to feel the pain anymore. Are you fine with that?” she carefully assured the young tom, being sure to help him get back onto his paws so that he could properly follow the apprentice into an unoccupied bed for him to lay on so that she could work on cleaning and fixing up his grave wounds. She just hoped that he wasn’t going to flip out or anything about her being the one to help him besides Drizzlecloud, as her mentor was currently busy looking over Pikekit to focus on two patients at once.

@/Omari @Ymir @Caspian

• Springpaw •

Her paws were numb. Her chest was screaming. Bitter, bile panic was over-flooding her system and making her heart accelerate like crazy against her chest. Following closely behind Lioncrest, the crimson-caked calico zipped through the clearing with her jaws clasped against the leafy pouch that still held some marigold and cobwebs that she had collected from earlier that specific day. Her bloodied paws left behind small tracks of crimson colored paw-pads and it had almost seemed that she looked like she had only decided to murder someone in clear cold-blood. However, luckily for herself and the other two that had been alongside her during this rather grave incident, this wasn’t the case. The horrifying memory of the calico watching her mother almost being brutally murdered in front of her echoed throughout her mind; clasping itself into the deepest crevices of her mind and making a sole feeling of burdening and regret flourish through Springpaw’s veins. More likely than that, the poor calico had merely been almost murdered herself by the blood-thirsty’s tom nasty remarks towards her direction while she had been trying to clear up her mother’s wounds. Stars, the incident was just awful and horrific to remember in her mind. A brief moment of relief rushed through her system as they reached the medicine den, but it was quick to be diverted as soon as they entered at a rapid pace, fear and nausea rushing rising through Springpaw’s body as she entered the dimly lit den, quickly greeted by a small chill of air through her thick, crimson-caked fur.

All of the usually vibrantly white fur among her chest and front legs were soaked with the deep crimson red of blood; small droplets occasionally coming off from the bottom of her soaked chest fluff and legs. Her muscles were stiffened and her eyes were laced with a painful mixture of fear and anxiety; each of them all focused on the unconscious fluff gray molly that was now laying on an empty moss-bed. Her body was quick to snap right over towards the molly, instinctively dropping the pouch beside her as she reached a bloodied paw into it, desperately searching through for another piece of marigold that she should still have left from her short stroll with both Lioncrest and Alderstep earlier that dreadful day. Her ears could hear Lioncrest’s dreadful call for her mentor to come take a look at Dovefluff and about the skirmish that had happened near the border. Not only that, but he was quick to mention the fact that the bloodthirsty tom was quick to almost murdering Dovefluff in cold blood, and stars above it just made Springpaw feel more sick of her stomach than she usually felt. Sucking in a deep breath of air, the calico carefully turned her mother's body to try to take a closer inspection at her shoulders, as she didn’t have the proper chance to get the wounds there properly covered up before they left. Hopefully it wasn’t too late and there was an infection forming in the area. That would just be something that Springpaw would not want to deal with at the given moment.

“D… D-drizzle-” Springpaw’s voice cracked and shook as she desperately tried to call out her mentor’s name, her paws trembling as she reached out a rather bloodied piece of marigold as she tried to get started working on it. “M-my mom… she… she…” her brain screamed at her to tell Drizzlecloud that her mother was terribly injured. That a cat almost tried to murder Dovefluff in cold blood and leave her out there in the fields to die alone. That Dovefluff went through so much pain and anguish from that tom alone that she had been unable to even properly say it to anyone else and it had been hidden for so long. Yet, Springpaw felt like her throat was clogged up and her body felt like it was frozen as ice. Quiet, audible sobs escaped her throat as random adsorptions of words escaped her maw; her lapis hues glistening with fear and pain for the worry of her mother. The poor thing was truly traumatized from what she had experienced out by the border.

@/Omari @Jayvines @jupiter

[ #air ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old August 10th, 2023, 09:15 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Sparrowpelt]

The large tabby gave the medicine cat a smile as she accepted his gifts. He liked giving gifts, but he enjoyed when the other cat appreciated them more. At the news of Gentledoe, he let out a soft sigh of relief, glancing past her once more to view the warrior before meeting Drizzleclouds gaze for a moment more. "Let me know if you need anything, I'll let you get to it sweetheart," The tom spoke the pet name like it was nothing and didn't even catch that he had said it. He tapped his nose to her shoulder before turning and padding off. They were much too busy for him to dwell.

@Omari

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old August 11th, 2023, 12:54 PM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate
My Mood: Kingly

Cloudykit | Male | Bilingual | Flock together Tier 1 | Status: injured

Springpaw’s words came to him muffled and unclear, though he recognized the concerned tone; he couldn’t hear the medicine apprentice over the ringing that sounded in his ears. The kit let Springpaw help him to his paws. Cloudykit nodded, not knowing what he was agreeing to. Still in a daze, he allowed Springpaw to lead him over to a nest. From there, the bleeding kit collapsed into the nest on his side. Faintly, he heard Drizzlecloud reassuring Pikekit. He’s in good paws. Cloudykit thought, a small smile tugging at his lips. “It’s funny how two best friends are both injured at the same time…” he meowed slowly, a soft laugh escaping his jaws. Laughter is the best medicine, besides, well, medicine. He shifted his gaze over to the crying Pikekit, eyes widening. What the heck.. was that.. what was his name again? Oh.. yeah. Wait, ”Pikekit?!” he suddenly exclaimed loudly as he realized who the crying lump of fur was. He sat up immediately. “Is he okay?!” the injured kit asked, panic coating his words. He looked over to Springpaw, his expression concerned and still, confused. “Is he?!” Cloudykit repeated, anger sliding into his tone as he asked a second time. Even though he didn’t actually mean to be rude, he was irritable at the moment, and if Pikekit was that badly injured then Cloudykit was going to get mad. They needed to heal him now. He whined as he watched Pikekit in pain, his anxiety growing slowly further. He glanced at Springpaw then back to Pikekit and then back to Springpaw.

@ares
@Ymir
@/Omari

Last edited by Caspian; August 11th, 2023 at 12:57 PM.
Old August 12th, 2023, 01:04 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

The sound of heavy pawsteps had caused alarm to easily erupt in her chest, and her head swiveled to look towards the entrance to the den as Lioncrest came tumbling in with–was that Dovefluff? Her heart ached immediately–not that she was particularly close with her, but she knew that she was Springpaw’s mother. The relationship that the pair shared was similar to that of herself and Tigerblush, so she could only imagine how Springpaw would be feeling about this whole ordeal.

“Thank you, Lioncrest. I don’t think we’ll need anything, but in the case that we do.. Please stay nearby.” She brushed her tail over the warrior’s shoulder as she approached, her gaze locking onto her apprentice who had appeared barely even two seconds after Lioncrest and Dovefluff.

Her heart clenched in her chest as she watched her apprentice’s anguish at the devastating attack that her mother had experienced. Had she witnessed it? She wasn’t sure–but she felt that it was safe to assume that she did.. Best not to question her about that, though. Some things were best left unsaid.

“It’s okay, it’s okay. Don’t speak, save your breath–breathe for me, okay?” Easier said than done, of course she knew that, but she had to try her very best to provide her apprentice with a sense of stability. “We will clean her wounds like we usually do, patch her up and give her a couple of poppy seeds for the pain. She will be okay, Springpaw.. If you could, please remove any cobwebs applied before so that I can clean her up more effectively?”

She gently nosed at Springpaw’s shoulder before she whisked herself away to find a wad of moss, soaking it with water before she returned to Dovefluff side. She would have tried to reassure Springpaw more, but they had to help first. With a concerned glance sent in Springpaw’s direction, she leaned over Dovefluff to carefully dab the moss against her wounds.

[ @ares @jupiter @Jayvines ]

Drizzlecloud followed Sparrowpelt’s gaze to look over her shoulder at Gentledoe, and looking at her again, she couldn’t help but sigh. It was a mix of relief and grief on the warrior’s behalf. Of course, she was relieved that Gentledoe would be okay, but.. It was such a grave injury and now she would have to learn how to live with only one eye.

Her attention quickly shifted back to the tom in front of her when he spoke up again, a small smile appearing on her face yet again. She hummed softly, leaning to gently poke his shoulder with her nose, mimicking his own actions. “I’ll give you a call if I need you.” The words came out slowly as she watched him leave, and for a moment she just.. Stood there. The gears were turning in her head, albeit a little slowly.

Sweetheart. Her chest felt warm. Uh-oh. Her tail-tip twitched behind her, and she just.. Stood there for a few seconds longer. Let’s think about all of that later. Drizzlecloud dismissed the sudden warmth beneath her fur with a lash of her tail, and she plucked the mouse and sparrow up off of the ground. With her head dipped, she quietly returned to where she had been sitting before, placing the two pieces of prey down in front of her. For a moment, perhaps she looked like an excitable apprentice, with an almost child-like excitement gleaming in her green eyes, but it was gone within seconds, focusing on the important matters at hand.

“Here–a sparrow and a mouse. Gentledoe, if you feel well enough to stomach some food, you should have some too.” She offered softly, nosing the two pieces a bit farther from herself so that they were sitting between the three she-cats.

[ @SuspiciousMindz @lio ]

Drizzlecloud purred to the small lump of fur before her, gently nosing at the space between his ears and giving him an affectionate little lick. “We’ll play with a moss ball together once I get you fixed up, okay?” She reassured him gently–although she didn’t say it out loud, it was now an unspoken promise that she certainly wouldn’t break.

Her attention returned to Springpaw after addressing Pikekit, and she couldn’t help but frown.. How could any of this have been Springpaw’s fault? She could not fault her for that guilt, though, because Drizzlecloud held a lot of guilt similar to what she felt now. “I’m not angry with you, not one bit. You couldn’t have known that this would happen.. It’s all said and done now, though. We just need to help him now.” She gave her apprentice a nod and a reassuring–but still small–smile. “There’s no need to apologize.”

And then, Springpaw was gone, looking for everything that she had requested. Her attention would have been solely on Pikekit from that point on, but the appearance of another kit made her heart drop into her stomach. Her nose scrunched up at the scent of more blood, and she felt that same rage from before building up in her gut. Two kittens had been taken out of camp by a warrior, and both of them got injured. Why hadn’t Songsoot told them that there was another injured kit? “Cloudyki–.. Springpaw!” She called out, her voice borderline desperate as she whipped her head around to search for her apprentice. Relief flooded her body when she saw the familiar molly make her reappearance, along with the moss and the stick that she had requested. It seems that she didn’t have to say anything, because Springpaw already took the initiative of taking care of Cloudykit. “If you need my help, please call on me, okay?”

She nosed at one of the poppy seeds that Springpaw got for her onto her own paw, and she lifted it to Pikekit’s nose so that he could smell it. “Here, eat this. It will help you with the pain–once you eat it, I’ll clean up your wounds and bandage you up so that you can get healthy and strong again.”

[ @Ymir @Caspian ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!