Wolffang and Lichenpaw...
Last post by Neptune.
Today 03:26 PM

Old May 17th, 2024, 08:04 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Willow's Rise

After some contemplation, Wolfhive decided to take Fallingpaw to Willow's Rise. Though his goal today was primarily a battle refresher, he also wanted to make sure Fallingpaw's climbing skills were intact. Falling was concerning and if it was caused by improper technique, he wanted to correct it before it became a bigger problem.

"First things first," Wolfhive stopped outside the graveyard. They wouldn't be using the willow for today's session - he didn't want to disturb the dead. Instead, his focus was on one of the various surrounding trees. "I just want to go over climbing with you just to make sure your falls don't become a habit. You wanna demonstrate?"

[ @Spider-in-the-corner ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 17th, 2024, 08:36 PM
spider-in-the-corner

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
After some contemplation, Wolfhive decided to take Fallingpaw to Willow's Rise. Though his goal today was primarily a battle refresher, he also wanted to make sure Fallingpaw's climbing skills were intact. Falling was concerning and if it was caused by improper technique, he wanted to correct it before it became a bigger problem.

"First things first," Wolfhive stopped outside the graveyard. They wouldn't be using the willow for today's session - he didn't want to disturb the dead. Instead, his focus was on one of the various surrounding trees. "I just want to go over climbing with you just to make sure your falls don't become a habit. You wanna demonstrate?"

Fallingpaw shrugged "I guess a refresher would not hurt." he said "its no hassle to do so...just need to have better balance." he said trying not to sound rude "after you." he smiled slightly as he looked at wolfhive
Old May 17th, 2024, 08:49 PM
work is never done

"Balance is incredibly important when it comes to climbing trees." Wolfhive tapped his claws against the trunk. "If you don't have that under control, you can't navigate it like you should. C'mon, by the time we're done today I want you to put squirrels to shame!"

He launched himself up the tree, scaling it until he was on one of the lower branches. That way, he was still within range if Fallingpaw needed help.

Old May 18th, 2024, 10:50 PM
spider-in-the-corner

@BEAR.

Fallingpaw Followed after Wolfhive landing on the same branch he smiled at wolfhive

(short post sorry was tired )
Old May 19th, 2024, 01:51 AM

Bump Policy: A week
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:

He had stayed close, not enough to disrupt her hunt but enough to where if he was needed, intervening would be no issue. Safety was always his number one priority - who knew what dangers lurked just out of sight?

Thankfully, things went without a hitch and Wolfhive's eyes gleamed with pride at Mallowpaw. "You did it! I knew you could." He wasn't sure if it was going to be the first attempt, but it was! "Told you, you were a natural." The leaf practice - he didn't know if it actually helped or not, but he hoped it did even if just a little.

Wolfhive reached over to give her a happy bop, a purr rumbling in his throat. "Let's bury this - just a shallow hole works, we just don't want a predator finding it while we're hunting. I think you got the gist of how hunting works, now all it takes is practicing it 'til you're a pro." In his opinion, Mallowpaw wouldn't have a problem with it - she was already well on her way to mastery. (and had a better start than he ever did!)

A glance up through the trees gave him a general idea of the sun's position. "You feeling up for going 'til the sun passes overhead? See what else we can get?"

[ @kittycatburmise ]
Mallowpaw
61/100

Wolfhive's praise made the pride in her chest expand, filling her body with a warm feeling. She had done it. She had caught prey. She had made Wolfhive proud.

Wolfhive told Mallowpaw to bury the mouse, and bury it she did, frowning as the dirt she'd kicked showered over it. This must be why she sometimes found flecks of dirt on her prey.

Then Wolfhive told her to continue hunting until sunhigh. With a quick glance up to see the sun's position in the sky, Mallowpaw was off, scenting the air for prey as she padded through the trees. Soon enough she smelled another mouse. Pinpointing it in a clump of grass, Mallowpaw slipped into a hunter's crouch and started to stalk it. But this time luck wasn't on her side, as before she was close enough to pounce, the mouse spotted her. It ran, and she chased after it, but her stomach was still burning from the crouch and the mouse ran under a bush and disappeared.

Disappointed, Mallowpaw stared after it for a moment, tears pricking her eyes. You're being dramatic, she scolded herself. Everyone misses prey sometimes. Even Wolfhive does. She couldn't mope, otherwise she wouldn't catch any more prey. Swallowing, Mallowpaw turned away and set off again.

Eventually another scent wafted towards her- a vole. She had seen them on the fresh-kill pile before; they seemed similar enough to mice. So Mallowpaw dropped again into the hunting crouch- it still felt clunky, and her muscles were not liking it- and started to stalk. Nerves swirled in her stomach after the last failure. She had to get this, or she might not get another opportunity. She had a bit of time before sunhigh, but there was still a good chance she wouldn't find any more prey. Steeling herself, Mallowpaw narrowed her eyes at the vole and focused on her crouch. She had to do this right.

Thankfully the vole didn't spot her, and Mallowpaw was soon in pouncing range. She leapt, her paws landing off-centre of the vole's back. It was still a catch, though, and Mallowpaw bit down on the back of its neck. The taste of blood filled her mouth and the vole went limp.

Burying it, Mallowpaw went off again, but when sunhigh approached and she hadn't scented anything, she retraced her steps to where the vole was and dug it up. Carrying it in her jaws, she padded over to the meeting spot and waited for Wolfhive's reaction. She hoped the vole would be enough, that he hadn't wanted her to catch more.

(Very late, but here you go)
Old May 19th, 2024, 04:34 PM
work is never done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-in-the-corner View Post
@BEAR.

Fallingpaw Followed after Wolfhive landing on the same branch he smiled at wolfhive

(short post sorry was tired )

"Not bad!"

Wolfhive scaled up to the next branch, then the next. He was leveling out with the other trees - looking for a good jumping spot. "You ever jump from tree-to-tree before?"

Old May 19th, 2024, 09:08 PM
spider-in-the-corner

Quote:

"Not bad!"

Wolfhive scaled up to the next branch, then the next. He was leveling out with the other trees - looking for a good jumping spot. "You ever jump from tree-to-tree before?"

Fallingpaw thought "I bounced off of trees before as a small battle tactic." he said "But no I haven't really jumped tree to tree."
Old May 19th, 2024, 11:10 PM
work is never done

"I don't think these are quite the same..." One sounded like Fallingpaw had been on the ground, for starters! "This is probably easier as long as you maintain your balance. Go along the branch til you feel it dip, then jump to a branch on another tree." Wolfhive demonstrated just that - springing onto a different tree.

Once Fallingpaw showed he could do this a few times without major issue, Wolfhive planned on moving on - he just wanted to ensure climbing wouldn't be a problem going forward.

Old May 20th, 2024, 07:44 PM
spider-in-the-corner

Quote:
"I don't think these are quite the same..." One sounded like Fallingpaw had been on the ground, for starters! "This is probably easier as long as you maintain your balance. Go along the branch til you feel it dip, then jump to a branch on another tree." Wolfhive demonstrated just that - springing onto a different tree.

Once Fallingpaw showed he could do this a few times without major issue, Wolfhive planned on moving on - he just wanted to ensure climbing wouldn't be a problem going forward.

Fallingpaw jumped the tree a few times like wolf and nodded his head "I think this is good enough ,right?" he smiled not wanting to take to long on trees
Old May 20th, 2024, 08:00 PM
work is never done

Wolfhive scrunched his nose at Fallingpaw. "You sick of the trees or somethin'?" The impatience reminded him of the apprentices' den, with the only different being Fallingpaw couldn't half-ass this easily. ".. You afraid of falling?" That was, of course, light-hearted - but he was surprised by the seeming lack of enjoyment from flying through trees. This was ThunderClan's selling point! A huge part of what set them apart from the other Clans.