thunder and ice, lookin’...
by Rose
Last post by Rose
Today 10:24 PM

Old May 10th, 2020, 04:15 PM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Frostpaw trailed along, following two fox-lengths or so behind Nightpaw. They were padding after the scent of a mouse, which his eyes shine in amusement. The white apprentice's first catch had been a snake. His foxhearted mentor had basically thrown him into a field of them, counting on Frostpaw to be competent enough to defend himself. It was an added bonus if the tom killed one on his way out. That way, he could brag about how his apprentice was strong enough to kill a snake. Most of his early apprenticeship went about the same way, leaving very few decent memories about his birth clan. Although the reason that he was amused was that he couldn't imagine Lionpaw without seeing the golden tom hunting a mouse in his mind. Perhaps it was Frostpaw's habit of referring to the tom as a mousebrain or the fact that Lionpaw was concerningly adept as a mouse hunter.

The white apprentice made sure to keep Nightpaw in his line of sight and decided to not interfere unless something dangerous were to happen - very unlikely, seeing that they were going after mice, but it was always nice to be prepared. Or, at least, as prepared as two apprentices could be with one inexperienced and the other lost in his thoughts. Frostpaw recalled when his first mentor had done such a bad job at explaining that Raven and Lionpaw ended up tutoring him instead. Luckily, being the youngest of the three, he had a decent excuse, though excuses didn't do much for his wounded pride after that. The rest of the trio had been nice enough never bring that certain training session up.

As soon as the mouse came into sight, Frostpaw stopped following Nightpaw. He could see well enough from his current position and he didn't want to hound after the molly. The white apprentice watched the hunt proceed without too much difficulty, wincing a bit when the twig broke... what was wrong with that mouse for it not to run away? He knew the word mousebrain came from somewhere, but surely, mice weren't that stupid. Maybe the cat who came up with the term had a run-in with such a mouse - one who seemed to have some sort of death wish.

Nightpaw came padding back towards him and her excitement must have been contagious, for Frostpaw found himself fighting back Lion-worthy smile. Once he recomposed himself, the apprentice took a look at the mouse and meowed, "Great job." There was nothing hiding the... prideful? Look in his eyes or the happy tone in his voice. He couldn't help but think that spending time with Nightpaw always ended up with him being out of character for some reason or another. Somehow, the white molly always knew how to get him to open up, whether she was doing it purposely or not - most likely not; it was just her personality.

@Estelle
Have a wonderful day!
Old May 10th, 2020, 05:38 PM

My Mood: Tired

She nodded. "Silent, quick, firm grip", she said. "Got it."

@AJtheWarr10r
Old May 10th, 2020, 08:34 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombre Party View Post

Rabbithop held is breath as she lunged and the squirrel scrabbled to get away. He let the breath go when Freezepaw finally caught it and it’s small shrieks ended. She’s done good. He thought before crawling down a little way from the tree and leaping down beside her. “Good job Freezepaw! On this last catch if you could have tried getting a little closer so the catch would’ve been easier, but overall you did well!” He purred warmly. The wry white tom looked around and breathed in a deeply, trying to scent to see if any prey was out in this area anymore. None. The squirrel must’ve alerted all the prey. He thought, stifling a sigh. He turned to Freezepaw. “Do you want to grab your prey and head back and maybe hunt a little more, or do you feel like training?” Excitement sparked in the tom’s eyes at the thought; he hadn’t sparred or trained with any cat in a long time but this would be fun if Freezepaw wanted to. They would have time to do a little before the sun was setting and they would have to head back.

The dilute torbie was upset that she hadn't been able to make it to her goal of five pieces of prey, but she assumed two was better than the none she'd been getting before she actually knew how to hunt. "Thanks." She meowed to Rabbithop, brushing off his overenthusiastic compliment. As she listened to his next suggestion, the she-cat gave a nod, flicking her tail. "I'd be more interested in you showing me a few quick moves than more hunting." Freezepaw stated, before padding back to pick up her two pieces of prey. "Lead the way." She mumbled around the fresh-kill, wondering if Rabbithop would be heading to the training clearing, or elsewhere to teach her some battle training.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old May 11th, 2020, 02:07 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfnight View Post
Eaglepaw nodded and shook her creamy brown pelt. She was excited to see the territory. "Okay! But why are we only going to see the Water barn? What about the training grounds?" She looked at Falcondive, a little confused.

@BILL.
"The training grounds are not as important as learning our boundaries and what is.. essentially a back-up camp, in the event our main camp is in jeopardy." Like the raid. "Besides.." Falcondive mused gently. "As a she-cat, you will learn that fighting is not the path set out for you."

This felt like a softer way of approaching it. Yes, he would try this first.

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 11th, 2020, 06:32 AM
No pressure, no diamonds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post

"The training grounds are not as important as learning our boundaries and what is.. essentially a back-up camp, in the event our main camp is in jeopardy." Like the raid. "Besides.." Falcondive mused gently. "As a she-cat, you will learn that fighting is not the path set out for you."

This felt like a softer way of approaching it. Yes, he would try this first.
Eaglepaw thought about what he had said. She slowly swished her tail, slowing down to a stop. She looked at Falcondive and said, "What? Of course a she-cat can fight! What are you talking about?" She was growling softly. The whole reason I'm an apprentice is to become a warrior! Anyway, Icestar is a she-cat, and she gets to fight... She ran to catch up with her mentor, sill wanting to see the territory.

Please give me a bump if I don’t respond winthin 72 hours! Thanks!

Charries
Old May 11th, 2020, 06:58 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

"The ability to fight does not define whether you are meant to or not." Falcondive glanced back at her, shrugging his shoulders lightly. "Your body is built to make kits, Eaglepaw. A good portion of your life alone will be dedicated to having them grow inside you.. to be nurtured by you, protected by your mate, and loved by you. You have no room for such trivialities when you have a family to bloom."

[ @wolfnight ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 11th, 2020, 07:05 AM
No pressure, no diamonds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post
"The ability to fight does not define whether you are meant to or not." Falcondive glanced back at her, shrugging his shoulders lightly. "Your body is built to make kits, Eaglepaw. A good portion of your life alone will be dedicated to having them grow inside you.. to be nurtured by you, protected by your mate, and loved by you. You have no room for such trivialities when you have a family to bloom."

[ @wolfnight ]
She started to lash her tail, getting a little worked up about this. "I don't see why a she-cat can't do both! If they fight when they have kits, it will make them fight harder! Also, what if I don't want to have kits. What if I don't have kits at all!" She shook her creamy brown pelt, growling softly.

Please give me a bump if I don’t respond winthin 72 hours! Thanks!

Charries
Old May 11th, 2020, 09:41 AM
Oh boy. What've I missed.

My Mood: Cheerful

"Okay. A frog scent is somewhat slimey, but it smells kind of refreshing, as if it were covered in water." Jaggedclaw meowed. "Can you smell one?" @LionKitKat
Old May 11th, 2020, 09:54 AM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Blackpaw caught the scent of a frog and quickly dropped into his best hunters crouch and slunk forward before pouncing. He missed and quickly pounced again before landing on it. "Hey where should I put this?" he said through a mouthful of dead frog.

(Sorry I'm late)
@S-oft @Lynxpaw @Mayflower

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.
Old May 11th, 2020, 10:21 AM

Cypresspaw began to sniff for the watery smell he described. "I think I smell one over there", she said, pointing her ears in the frogs direction.
@AJtheWarr10r