by Ian
Last post by Tallstar
Today 01:26 AM

Old August 5th, 2024, 03:34 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: WindClan Territory

@Moonraven - Twilightstar | @Fish - Elderberrymint | @isla - Fadingdawn

Leechscar sat at attention when Fadingdawn showed up asking to fetch Twilighttar. Before he could reply the she-cat herself showed up. She didn't seem all that mad or hostile, but certainly questioning. Leechscar glanced at Elderberrymint as she spoke for herself. He was more lost than he had been earlier, Elderberrymint didn't even recognize Twilightstar. Everyone recognized Twilightstar unless they had some serious head damage.

Leechscar didn't hide his irritation at Fadingdawn and began talking as if she hadn't just shown up here five seconds ago. He was not in the mood for this. The grumpy tom looked at his mother while ignoring the other two cats.

"I found her at Sedgewater Valley, she was over the border and looked quite confused. She smelt faintly of RiverClan, so I did try to run her off at first. But she referred to me as Beetlepaw and seemed to think I was one of her kits, even now I still think she does." Leechscar cocked his head and stared at Elderberrymint.

"She doesn't seem to understand where she's at exactly nor recognize our scent. However, she does know that she's from RiverClan. As for the kits, she said she had four of them with her, Leafkit, Mintkit, Sandkit, and Viperkit. I didn't smell extra cats with or around her, but she's insistent that she lost them in some field, although I didn't think to ask how long ago that was." He rolls his eyes.

"Since she seemed genuinely lost, you'd get upset if I fought her, and I'd like to save my ears a lecture on ignoring helpless kits, I figured it'd best to take her to you and make her your pro--- Er, I mean to see what you wanted to do." He told his leader with a lash of his tail.

"As for Fadingdawn, she just showed up a few moments ago. I don't know how she knows Elderberrymint." He did find that a little strange as recalling cats' names outside of the clans wasn't easy. Even leaders as old as Twilightstar had trouble with that unless the said cat was well-known or of high rank. He didn't fault them as the clans were quite large. It was easier to recall cats you saw every day. But maybe they met at the gathering or something.

"And you, I don't appreciate you showing up and acting like a know-it-all. It's not against the code to find lost kits nor is it a breach of loyalty to your clan. Quite pulling dung out of your ass." The grumpy tom hissed meanly at the Fadingdawn. He had enough of issues dealing with Elderberrymint, he didn't want Fadingdawn further confusing the elder or spread misinformation.

"You should make her take a lesson on the warrior code if she actually believes what she's saying," Leechscar added to Twilightstar. If Fadingdawn said something helpful he wouldn't have been so harsh, but he couldn't tolerate cats that randomly appear and throw out random stuff to sound smart or in charge. It pushed his buttons in the worst ways. Especially when it was stupid.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old August 5th, 2024, 11:24 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 50 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Heading out onto the territory a knot of tension eased from Crowtooths shoulders, the reassurance that he'd soon have lots of prey to feed the clan and Bravebird and the comfort of the dark to hide the stress in his face. This was his comfort zone, where he thrived and he could help here in a way he couldnt watching his friend fade knowing he knew no herbs or solutions to fix this.

Soon enough the cats were at the edge of the territory, the speckled mounds they were here for in view and the tom stopped, getting to work in teaching.

"Alrighty so, gophers! If ya've seen groundhogs these are the smaller more agile version while groundhogs are around senior apprentice size an' FAT, they got a mean bite though even if theyre slow at gittin' ya... I digress.

Gophers. They aint blind like voles or moles an' like ta poke up on the surface ta eat but are good at spottin' trouble an' boltin' below, makin' them a bit hard to catch. Not if yet a tunneler though.

What we're gonna do is yer gonna go below while theyre up here watchin' me an' lay in wait an' I am gonna scare 'em! Theyre gonna go runnin' down right inta yer grasp an' then we can track down the stragglers. Sound good? Any questions?"
Hopefully not it was very simple at this stage, as long as Crowtooth was up here as a big distracting predator but ignoring them they'd stay up to watch him. But once he moved they'd dart below to a false safety and eventually windclans bellies.

@Tallstar @phantom
Old August 9th, 2024, 11:26 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Welcoming

[CENTER]Vinepaw
8 Moons
He,Him
Anxiuos,Kind

Vinepaw trailed behind Crowtooth, his excitement barely contained. The open expanse of WindClan territory, with its sprawling moorland and the distinctive mounds they were approaching, seemed to stretch endlessly before him. The recent days had been tough, but the prospect of learning and contributing to the clan’s needs was a welcome distraction.

As they reached the edge of the territory, Vinepaw’s gaze was drawn to the speckled mounds of the gopher burrows. Crowtooth, with his usual confidence, began explaining the plan. Vinepaw’s ears perked up, his focus entirely on the seasoned tunneler.

“Alrighty so, gophers!” Crowtooth began. “If ya’ve seen groundhogs, these are the smaller, more agile version. Groundhogs are big and fat, but gophers are quicker and have a mean bite.”

Vinepaw listened intently, his whiskers twitching with interest. The thought of facing off against such agile creatures was thrilling, but also a bit intimidating. He had heard stories of their swift movements and sharp teeth, and he was eager to prove himself.

“Gophers aren’t blind like voles or moles,” Crowtooth continued, “but they’re good at spotting trouble and darting underground. That’s where you come in.”

The plan Crowtooth laid out seemed both straightforward and strategic. Vinepaw felt a rush of anticipation at the thought of working underground, waiting for the right moment. The idea of working with Crowtooth and using the element of surprise was exhilarating.

“What we’re gonna do is,” Crowtooth said, “you’re gonna go below while they’re up here watchin’ me and lay in wait. I’m gonna scare ‘em, and they’ll come running straight into your paws. Then we track down the stragglers.”

Vinepaw’s tail flicked with eagerness. When Crowtooth asked if there were any questions, Vinepaw shook his head firmly. He was ready for this challenge.

With a deep breath, Vinepaw prepared himself to head underground. The cool, dark tunnels were where he felt most at home. As he took his place, his senses sharpened, and he mentally rehearsed the plan. The thrill of the hunt filled him with a sense of purpose, and he was determined to make the most of this opportunity.

As Crowtooth began his part of the plan, Vinepaw readied himself for the task ahead. He was excited to dive into the darkness and wait for the gophers to make their move. With the plan in mind and his determination set, Vinepaw was ready to contribute to WindClan’s success and prove his skills as a tunneler./CENTER]

@Rani
@phantom

Specklepaw is the current medicine cat apprentice for Frostclan
Hyenaslash is the current medicine cat for Sunclan he has an open den policy

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82554

Art made by RamenThePidgeon

Last edited by Tallstar; August 9th, 2024 at 11:26 AM.
Old August 9th, 2024, 11:18 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 50 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

The tunneler had a few moments to wait for Vinepaw to get into position, to find the tunnel exits form below that stunk the most of gopher and so where the locations the creatures would flee down soon. As he did he pondered.

A lot of cats had be interested in tunneling in a way they werent before he'd gone missing. Back then it was him and Dustbunny and briefly Maplebird and no one had really wanted to become a tunneler, but now there was so many eager to take the plunge into the dark. What'd changed he wondered, changed to entice Vinepaw Rabbitpaw and Vixenpaw to the fold (though the last seemed to be questionable in motivation).

Whatever it was Crowtooth was going to encourage and support this interest, he mused standing, starting with teaching Vinepaw to intentionally collapse tunnels once the hunting was done.

So he started this, lunging towards the suddenly alarmed rodents, who darted to their burrows with haste.

They went rushing towards Vinepaw he was sure, making it easy for the young tom to kill gopher after gopher (more then he could carry so Crowtooth, who would have less luck up here, could take some and bring them back too).
Eventually they got wise of course, creatures backing up and refusing to go further into the tunnel to Vinepaws waiting paws, but that only afforded Crowtooth the chance to snag and kill two as the chaos faded.

Two wouldnt be enough of course, but again the fury wasnt the proper gopher catcher this outing so he wasnt the one who'd catch more then they could carry, Crowtooths head poking into the tunnel and calling out.
"Vinepaw? Ya doin' well down there, that was a stampede o' gophers fer sure! How many did ya get? Also make room Im comin' down ta join ya."

Wiggling down into the dark the tom sniffed over the apprentice, settling down to let the two catch their breath and tally their catch before continuing the outing.

@Tallstar
Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Welcoming

Vinepaw
8 Moons
He him

Vinepaw crouched in the dim tunnel, his whiskers twitching as he listened to the frantic scurry of gophers above. The thrill of the hunt filled him with excitement, and his heart raced with the chaos of the chase. Crowtooth’s earlier instructions still echoed in his mind as he lunged at the rodents, sending them darting into their burrows. He managed to catch several, their warm bodies heavy in his grip.

As the commotion began to die down, Vinepaw heard Crowtooth’s voice call from the tunnel entrance. “Vinepaw? Ya doin’ well down there? That was a stampede o’ gophers fer sure! How many did ya get? Also, make room, I’m comin’ down ta join ya.”

Relief surged through Vinepaw at the sound of Crowtooth’s voice. “I’ve got a decent haul!” he called back, adjusting his grip on the gophers. “There are more than I can carry on my own.

Moments later, Crowtooth squeezed into the tunnel, his presence a reassuring weight beside him. Vinepaw watched as Crowtooth helped him sort through the catch, feeling a mix of pride and curiosity.

He glanced at the pile of gophers and then back at Crowtooth. “It’s a bit different from what Dustbunny has taught me. This was a bit more chaotic.

As Crowtooth settled in, Vinepaw’s mind buzzed with anticipation. The hunt had been intense, and he felt eager to learn more “What’s next?” he asked, ready for whatever came next.

With the catch gathered and the tunnel falling quiet, Vinepaw felt a renewed sense of purpose. He was excited for the challenges ahead and eager to put Crowtooth’s guidance into practice
@Rani

Specklepaw is the current medicine cat apprentice for Frostclan
Hyenaslash is the current medicine cat for Sunclan he has an open den policy

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82554

Art made by RamenThePidgeon