Default Re: Icy Heartlands

Tallmaple waited for Leafwillow @*Darkstar*
Old November 26th, 2023, 10:38 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Inactive | Just a Scratch - Inactive | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

"To the heartlands!" Silverlark proclaimed joyfully, stomping his paws against the more solid portion of the swamp before turning his attention in the direction of the clan's admittedly less than friendly looking forest.

Feeling more at ease with their search, happy they had yet to encounter any extra big, extra beefed up wild cats so far, the stocky enforcer allowed himself to traverse outside of the shadows, his mood much cheerier and amicable now. The silver throated warrior was fairly certain at this point that the lynx - or lynxes - had gone. Why stick around, right? Their companion had obviously warned them about the strong swamp wrestlers of the... erm... swamp and they had probably fled in fear. Which was a good thing, because while he had gotten lucky, he didn't want to think of what would happen if an apprentice were to bump into one of those beasts. Scary scary. And he had a sister apprentice. She had to stay protected at all costs along with her friends, mmhmm. Maybe he would search for her after this and warn her about the dangers. No. Scratch that. He most definitely would.

There was only one thing here to sour his mood. The scent was admittedly getting stronger. Not as strong as it had been in the swamp when he'd met the one that had attacked him, but definitely stronger than the scent was in the swamp now. But! But. There was still hope. They might have just passed through here for something else, right? Like... leaving the territory. For some other place. Far away. Yep yep, that would be best.

Noticing scrapings of massive claws by a hole under the base of a long dead tree, Silverlark poked his head in, the scent no stronger here than around the rest of the forest. His face meeting face to face with a mouthful of cobwebs, the tom quickly took his head out of what appeared to be a makeshift den, using mostly the roots to support the place. Perhaps this had been the place they had been staying in until that one had ventured into the swamp? It was possible, no? But... they didn't seem to really be here anymore, nope.

"Hmmm... looks like we missed them while they were here, yep. What you think, Hawkster? What you think?" the young tom asked, turning around to face his companion, blissfully unaware of the large, eight legged buddy whose home he'd just destroyed and was now making its way up his ear.

@SuspiciousMindz [Hawkbite]
| I am sort of playing the spider as a hobo spider, but feel free to have some other - preferably not poisonous, although... you know... if it isn't lethal... - spider that Hawkbite would prefer to see there instead! |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old November 26th, 2023, 07:11 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer
Shadow Fiend | Just a Scratch | Agatha Kitty

Hawkbite followed along, dreading each step as they approached the Icy Heartlands. StarClan knew how much he hated this part of the territory, merely because of the spiders that wandered here. The other unfortunate thing was the scent of lynx was stronger here. His nose didn't lie like he had hoped.

While Silverlark stuck his nose around in places, Hawkbite allowed his nose to lead him along until he could pinpoint the strongest direction. "Perhaps they're at the Mourning Ruins? The scent seems to be coming from that direction in particul-" Hawkbite had turned to look at Silverlark while he spoke only to be cut off as his green hues widened with absolute fear.

"SILVER! YOU- YOU-" Hawkbite seemed to start dancing on his toes, basically running in place. The fur along his spine and tail fluffed up. "SPIDER ON EAR!" Hawkbite's voice was a bit high pitched in that moment. How could he help? What should he do?! No way he was touching that! "SPIDER ON EAR!" He repeated, tapping his paws harder and backing away from the other Enforcer if he dared approached him. This was his worst nightmare!

@Alchemist Kitsune
{Enjoy the scaredy cat}

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old November 28th, 2023, 09:34 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

snowecho // he/they // 33 moons
purrks: -

---

[ Snowecho rolled a 20 to look for honey. ]

Alone... Always alone. But they didn't want to get in trouble with Elmshadow again so alone they would go. All but sprinting into the Icy Heartlands to keep his pawpads from getting too cold. Eyes are peeled for a bees' nest. It doesn't take him long to spot one hanging from a lower hanging branch, the dull buzzing he's used to hearing quite dormant. Perhaps it was the cold weather but nonetheless they're thankful for that fact. Heaving a sigh, he approaches the tree and readies himself to jump... One strong jump has him about halfway up the trunk, sliding a bit as his claws get a good grip amongst the bark. Once secure he carefully climbs his way up to balance on the branch the hive was built upon.

Careful pawsteps carry him out onto the branch so he can bat at where the hive is secured with clawed paws. A few hits sends it plummeting to the ground, splitting into pieces and sending confused bees from their home. The cat stays in his spot with wide eyes as the confused insects buzz about and when it deems it safe, he begins the descent back to solid ground. Rushing forward he sinks his teeth into a sticky portion of the comb and twists his head to free it the rest of the way. Whimpering as he gets stung once, twice... He tears the chunk free and goes running back toward camp.

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old November 28th, 2023, 10:38 AM
Bite, maim, kill...♛

Bump Policy: ✰72hrs
My Mood: Dark

Nightwren
Ugh.
He needed to get back. Gentlebloom probably needed him. Their kits probably needed him too. No, everything was fine. He was worrying for literally no reason at all. Elmshadow would've told him if something was wrong... And he trusted Elmshadow, so everything was fine. The reassurances calmed his nerves a degree as he trotted through the territory. As he approached, the looming trees started to appear admits the tall pines. Slowing the pace, he gave the area a small look. Alright.... Uh... How would he find cobwebs? Maybe roots? In bushes? Hmmm... Oh wait. Glancing upward, the large tom sighted the desired materials.

Oh great, now he'd have to climb. He hated heights. He hated them so much. Unfortunately it wasn't time to whine about this fear. He had a job. A small exhale escaped his maw as he wandered over to the nearest to the nearest tree. Here goes nothing. Leaping forward, his claws dug into the bark and he began to heave himself upward. Reaching a branch, he hung on for dear life. Inching forward, he scooted towards the first patch of cobwebs. Wading it around his paw, he then retreated from the branch to sit closer to the trunk. Inhaling, he scraped it from his paw and let it fall to the ground to retrieve it later. Now to the next branch. Teetering over to the next pawhold, he slid over and grasped the bark firmly with his claws. Balancing over to the leaves, he then began to collect as much as he could. This branch held quite a bit of the stuff, so he took this wonderful opportunity to finish the job. Scraping together four more pawfulls of the silky material, he let it fall to the ground next to the other he had retrieved. Relieved it was over, he eagerly scaled down the trunk and landed on ground. Collecting a majority of it in his jaws, he stuck some of it to his fur and called it a day. Finally, now he could go home.

| Materials: 5 cobwebs |

"All aboard the octrain!"
----ϟ----
Characters

Kat, Vampire, Darl... These are my prisoners... They will never escape...
Old November 28th, 2023, 05:35 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Inactive | Just a Scratch - Inactive | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

At Hawkbite's voice, Silverlark's first instinct was to give an open mouthed, beaming smile. Because? Because! Hawkster had just called him not Silverlark, oh no. But Silver! That meant... That meant friendship! Yes? Yes! Which meant he and Sir Bits were officially friends for real! Victory!

But then... but then he noticed. It took him a minute, because to be honest, the young enforcer was not always the best at reading social cues - he wasn't the absolute worse, it just took him a little longer sometimes when he was super duper excited or happy about something - and he realized that... Hawkbite wasn't really looking all that happy. No no no. He was looking straight up terrified, actually. Which... weh? What had happened? Spider on Ear? Whozzat?

Turning around to stare at the dark emptiness behind him, Silverlark chortled. Maybe the older enforcer was simply being a silly? Or maybe he'd meant to say something else? Or maybe he'd forgotten about something and just remembered? Yeah! Spider on ear was totally not a name, duh. He'd been a moss head to think that, heh heh. It was obviously a code word for something he'd been tasked... probably. And he'd just remembered! Maybe it was urgent? Maybe it- Urk. Come to think of it, his ear was getting the scratchies just trying to figure it out.

Unbeknownst to the silver furred tom, the spider had proceeded to crawl up on his ear, the round receptor sensing as one fuzzy, thin leg accidentally grazed against the hairs around his inner ear. Sitting down heavily, he raised his hind paw, batting away at the impertinent itch, sending the spider flying with his usual, inelegant force. Eyes closed as he concentrated on the task at paw, he missed the critter soaring through the air in search of better ground. Or another ear to land on. It was always hard to get a proper read on those eight, beady little eyes of theirs. Especially when one wasn't even aware of them.

@SuspiciousMindz [Hawkbite]
| I know we are supposed to move on... I promise on the next one. It was just too tempting not to. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old December 5th, 2023, 11:55 AM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer
Shadow Fiend | Just a Scratch | Agatha Kitty

Hawkbite simply kept watching in horror. Silverlark was clearly contemplating something, but not processing his words fast enough. The tabby tom just stared as the spider inched its way, nearly into the ear of Silverlark before the other Enforcer would sit and scratch it away. Pupils widening more, Hawkbite watched as the arachnid flew through the air at him.

oh no. ohno, ohno, oh!
"NOPE!"

Never in his life did the tom turn tail and run so quickly. Fast enough that when his claws dug into the ground, he scraped up and threw dirt, leaves, and whatever else was on the ground at Silverlark. That spider was not going to touch him today! No sir! Unintentionally, Hawkbite was sprinting towards their next location, not stopping until the Icy Heartlands were behind him.

When he did come skidding to a halt, he was panting. His lungs ached for the air he ceased to give them until about halfway here. His widened green eyes turned back to see if Silverlark had decided to follow after him. If he hadn't, he was prepared to trek back cautiously to find him.

@Alchemist Kitsune - Silverlark
[I forgot where they were supposed to go lol]

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old December 5th, 2023, 06:33 PM
High-Function Autistic

Status: Highly Functioning Autistic who is easily frustrated, so if I say something I don’t mean, I’m so
Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Angelic

ShadowClan Re: Icy Heartlands

Bluepaw
ShadowClan Apprentice - She / Her - 9 Moons

@_Eclipse_ [ Creekstep ]

''Enough, Ashfur. Your quarrel is with me. These young cats have done nothing to hurt you. Do what you like with me, but let them out of the fire.''

Squirrelstar to Ashfur

Bluepaw washed her fluffy fur as she waited on her mentor, Creekstep, to catch up to her.

ON SCRATCH

Robinstar
is ThunderClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Roaringstar is SkyClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Pareidoliastar is WindClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Anachronismpounce is ShadowClan’s current Deputy.
Do not ask how I got so many lol.
Old December 5th, 2023, 06:40 PM
i am real and you are not

Bump Policy: Whenever :3
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post
Bluepaw

@_Eclipse_ [ Creekstep ]

''Enough, Ashfur. Your quarrel is with me. These young cats have done nothing to hurt you. Do what you like with me, but let them out of the fire.''

Squirrelstar to Ashfur

Bluepaw washed her fluffy fur as she waited on her mentor, Creekstep, to catch up to her.

Creekstep walked out into the area with he tail low still wondering and questioning so much about that Thunderclan She-cat. he tried to clear his head as he has training to do "Ah Bluepaw there you are. are you ready?" the tom looked fine but deep in his eyes you could tell something was up-.

Toadstoolspore is the leader of Mushroomclan

she has a Semi-open den policy ^^

Last edited by .Sunshine.; December 5th, 2023 at 06:41 PM.
Old December 6th, 2023, 11:02 AM
High-Function Autistic

Status: Highly Functioning Autistic who is easily frustrated, so if I say something I don’t mean, I’m so
Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Angelic

ShadowClan Re: Icy Heartlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Eclipse_ View Post
Creekstep walked out into the area with he tail low still wondering and questioning so much about that Thunderclan She-cat. he tried to clear his head as he has training to do "Ah Bluepaw there you are. are you ready?" the tom looked fine but deep in his eyes you could tell something was up-.

Bluepaw

''Look, Ashfur. I really care about you as a friend, but I want nothing more than that.''

Squirrelstar to Ashfur

@_Eclipse_ [ Creekstep ]

Bluepaw got to her paws and stretched as she noticed her mentor, also noticing the worried glint in his eyes.

''Creekstep?'' The dappled blue-gray, black and white she-cat meowed, her blue eyes glistening like water in the sunlight. ''Are you alright?''

Bluepaw's voice was smooth. Quiet, in fact. The apprentice looked up at her mentor, as if expecting an answer from him.

Bluepaw is a ShadowClan apprentice, mentored by Creekstep. She hopes that she will become a medicine cat one day.

ON SCRATCH

Robinstar
is ThunderClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Roaringstar is SkyClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Pareidoliastar is WindClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Anachronismpounce is ShadowClan’s current Deputy.
Do not ask how I got so many lol.