Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan

Notice
RiverClan Medicine Cat applications are open until September 9th, 11:59 PM EST!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Cattail Pond
by BEAR.
Last post by Spider.
Today 12:03 AM
Abandoned Twoleg Den (All...
Last post by meowmeow fuzzyface
Yesterday 11:55 PM
RiverClan Meetings (August...
Last post by alec
Yesterday 11:51 PM
Trouble on the Horizon...
by Rani
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Yesterday 11:43 PM
Flowers in Muddy Shade
by Badwolf
Last post by Badwolf
Yesterday 11:36 PM

Old May 27th, 2024, 06:03 PM
reverting my way back

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Cheeky

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

SPRINGLIGHT
long-furred, scarred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
active purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps
she/her | thunderclan medicine cat | 20 moons

Quiet. The medicine den had been quiet. The calico had been occupied with studying the wildflowers that Wolfhive had brought to her a little bit ago, her research with the flowers was relatively slim as she found no known usage for its existence. It was a shame indeed, as the flowers would have provoked themselves into being something she could use for assisting either the critically ill or wounded. Her paws were persistently tinkering with the flowers, her expression smeared into a grimace as she focused on the flowers. Her attention soon faltered as soon as she listened to cats entering her den, her gaze moving to both Wolfhive and Wolfpaw as they entered the medicine den. By instinct, she hopped up onto all fours and went over to investigate, thanking the hornet for telling the apprentice to lay down onto one of the spare moss beds. As soon as she approached, she was quick to note the broken leg that Wolfpaw had, pursing her lips as she sat down, listening to what Wolfhive had to say. Another Redhawk-like incident? What was with cats getting their legs stuck or losing them? Expelling through her nostrils, the calico nodded once again towards the hornet, gratitude in her blue eyes. “Thank you… for… telling me… what happened… I can… try to… see if… there’s… anything I… can do.” Judging by his explanation, any potential of salvaging the limb was slim. If this were a case like Redhawk’s paw, then she may have to amputate the limb, but she would need to check it first before making any choice to amputate the limb.

Hearing Wolfpaw’s explanation, the calico carefully began to run a paw over the leg to see where the bone was broken, only to feel her heart sinking down into her chest as she listened to his words and took on the realization that she wouldn't be able to save it. Upon Wolfpaw’s request for water, she stepped back momentarily to snag off a piece of moss and dip it into the stream before giving it back to the apprentice for him to try to drink the water. “I’m… afraid that… some prey… may have… to wait… until after… this is… finished… from upon… inspection… I don't… think I… will be… able to… save your… leg… and it… may have… to get… removed… by amputation.” She felt bad having to explain this to an apprentice, turning her attention briefly towards Wolfhive before getting up to make her way towards the herb storage, snatching up a wad of cobwebs and two poppyseeds before coming back. “Wolfpaw… to try… to distract… yourself… from the pain… I will… need you… to take… these seeds… and bite… down on… this stick,” she quickly nudged over a stick that was by the nest towards the apprentice. “To distract yourself… from the… pain… as I… remove… the leg… am I… clear?” She hoped that Wolfpaw would understand that this was something that was required and may result in something far more dangerous if he kept the leg. It would slow him down much more than it would if he were a tripod.

[ @BEAR. @Bean ]

⊱ future carrd ◦ future roleplay tracker ◦ future character bio ⊰
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Last edited by iliri; May 27th, 2024 at 06:04 PM.
Old May 27th, 2024, 06:10 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

There wasn't much Wolfhive could do while Springlight examined W/olfpaw's leg, determining if it was salvageable or not. He tried to follow her gaze alone the damaged limb, as if simply watching was enough to decide the viability of recovery. Amputation? "How do you.." he beckoned toward the leg with his paw. "Do you bash it with a rock or something? Getting through the bone has to be tough."

If she needed anything, he'd immediately go do it - for the moment though he was curious as to what she was gonna do.

[ @iliri @Bean ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 27th, 2024, 06:10 PM

Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Annoyed

ThunderClan Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

LARKSWOOP

THUNDERCLAN WARRIOR
FLOCK TOGETHER T2
BEEFED UP T3
LYREBIRDS LULLABY

Larkswoop slunk into the medicine den, green eyes narrowed with worry. She spotted Silverpaw in the nest Springlight and Wolfhive - she guessed - put him in.

“Springlight?” The she-cat called out softly when she spotted the medicine cat. “How’s Silverpaw? Is he going to live?”

He’d better, or once Larkswoop met the apprentice in StarClan, she’d shred him. Jokingly, of course. She wouldn’t really hurt her former apprentice.

Larkswoop recalled the day when Silverpaw had been attacked. He’d been attacked by a young dog-fox that Larkswoop herself had managed to kill, but not before it caused some serious damage to the silver and white tabby apprentice.

Decided to have her check in - Header by @/Rose

@iliri // @Desert Rain Frog

Last edited by paedyn; May 27th, 2024 at 06:11 PM.
Old May 27th, 2024, 07:42 PM
work is never done

After leaving Bumba's den, Wolfhive made a detour to the medicine cat's den. He wasn't sure if what he wanted her to do was possible, but asking never hurt, right? "Hey Springbee, you got a moment?"

[ @Omari @iliri // wolf has a v important question but driz can try to answer LMAAAO gl ]

Old May 27th, 2024, 08:57 PM
reverting my way back

SPRINGLIGHT
long-furred, scarred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
active purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps

There wasn't a lot going on in the medicine den at the moment, so seeing Daylightwing make her way into the den piqued her interest as the herbalist instinctively stood up and made her way towards the molly. It had been a little bit since she had last came into the den to have her leg checked out, and not really exactly explaining how she had lost it in the first place, so seeing her at least increased Springlight’s motive for seeing how the leg was healing just fine and give it a redressing of cobwebs. Hearing her voice made the calico give out a purr, a smile forming on her face as she noted the molly’s adjustment towards the lack of a limb. “I see… that you… are adjusting… well without… the leg… I will… see how… it is… healing… and redressing it… and then… letting you know… when you… will be… able to… not have… a cast… anymore.” She directed with her tail towards the closest moss-bed for Daylightwing to settle herself down at so Springlight could undress the cast and check it before redressing it with a new pair of cobwebs.

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Old May 28th, 2024, 06:58 PM
Fight little wolf, fight

Bump Policy: ✩48 hrs
My Mood: Stressed

- Wolfpaw -
- He/Him - 6 Moons - ThunderClan Apprentice -
- A large dark brown tabby tom with green eyes -

TW: Broken Bone
The young tom dipped his head gratefully before drinking the water Springlight had brought him. Once he was hydrated, he listened to the words that the older cat was saying. Amputation? What the heck was that?? Was it some sorta healing thingy where the leg gets mended or something?? Maybe it was painful which is why he needed a stick and weird seed thingies. The brown tabby licked the seeds up and swallowed before picking up the stick and biting on it. Hm. Nothing was happening. Wait. What did she say??

"remove the leg"

What?? Nononononono. What did she mean by that!? Was she going to take his leg off??? NO! He needed his leg, there was no way. "M Lef If Fife!" Wolfpaw muffled, lashing his tail. Mama would be so disappointed in Wolfpaw!! But... She'll know how brave he was. That's right. He had to be brave. He couldn't let his siblings or mama know that he was weak. Because he wasn't. The brown tabby took a deep breath, stick still in his mouth. Reluctantly, he nodded to Springlight, bracing himself for pain.
[ @BEAR. @iliri ]

ThunderClan Healing ll ThunderClan Medicine Den ll Wolf HK / Interaction Finder

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
fenrir stares at rose with a spray bottle of water in hand
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Old May 28th, 2024, 07:11 PM
work is never done

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliri View Post

SPRINGLIGHT

It wasn't hard for Springlight to note Silverpaw’s discomfort while she worked on him, trending at her heartstrings. Even if he had committed an action that was going to relevantly get him in trouble, she couldn't help but feel a mode of sympathy for him for the pain he had to endure. Maybe it was due to her position as a medicine cat that she developed sympathy for her patients whenever they had pain that they had to endure. Her lips turned into a frown, a low sigh expelling past her lips as she focused on the young tom. “Don’t worry… this is… almost over.” Soringlight murmured, assuring Silverpaw before focusing back towards Wolfhive, hearing his retort to her earlier statement, only giving him a smile. “Of course… call-on… assistant… seems like… a simpler job.” She could easily note his slight discomfort from the thought, but she wouldn't be someone to poke and prod at his emotions and tease him out of it. He had his own thoughts and feelings like she did. In her own personal opinion, he seemed suitable for a future deputy if he ever got the position. Sure, Spiderthroat was a good deputy, but all cats go down someday. Ignoring the thought, she watched as Wolfhive handled the leg, noting his precise work while she worked on Silverpaw’s shoulder, using the marigold-covered cobwebs that Wolfhive prepared to prepare a proper bandage for the torn shoulder.

Nodding her head, she noted his beginning attempts at making a cast for Silverpaw’s leg. “Pretty… good for… a beginner… it’s almost… perfectly wrapped… and it… should last… until it… needs replacement.” She gave the gray-furred tom another smile as she prepared to work on Silverpaw’s face, carefully using her paws to start wrapping the cobwebs around the inflicted area as she made sure it was tightly snug. Her ears angled towards Wolfhive as he asked if he could snag the poppyseeds for Silverpaw to take while she worked on his face. Nodding, she angled towards her herb storage a gilt of her head. “Of course… that would… be great… be sure… to collect… no more… than two… and after… he takes… the seeds… we should… be finished… with the… healing… process.” Of course, after giving him the poppyseeds, he would need to be taken to another nest to dispose of the old moss-bed so no predators are attracted to the scent of blood, and then Silverpaw would be questioned about his impulsive decision of going out of camp alone. Of course, before doing that, she would make sure to clean off the blood on her paws. Blood was never easy to clean off, and was always a pain in the tail to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rain Frog View Post
SilverPaw
He Winced As Springlight Tended To His Wounds, Fighting The Urge To Kick Her Off From The Pain. He Watched Wolfhive For A Moment, Breathing A Little Heavy.
《 @BEAR. @iliri

[ gonna start doing quotes to make it easier to track the rp LMAO we have so many in here,, // also iliri, my springbee post i made yesterday you can disregard for now - omari plans on responding n wolf will seek out spring after he talks to drizzle..... ]
"Simpler and you technically can't fire me!" She could but is it firing if it's not an official role? Wolfhive thought not! Besides, putting aside his deputy ambitions he couldn't see himself playing doctor. Sure, he could provide aid for emergencies, but as an all-time thing?? It just felt so wrong!

(but maybe it could have saved tawnykit)

No, if Springlight couldn't, nothing could have. That, Wolfhive was certain. "Glad to know it'll work for now." Though maybe not perfect, it was a start - a solid one, 'n would save Springbee the headache of rewrapping because of a sloppy application. Wolfhive followed her directions in collecting the poppyseeds, returning with two and dropping them in front of Silverpaw. "Eat these. They'll make you feel better." He considered.. using more colorful language, but decided against it. He was, of course, still very peeved at the dumbass in front of him.

As for the bloodied moss, he tipped his head toward it. "You want me to take care of this?"

Old May 29th, 2024, 10:13 AM
downsizing but still here

Bump Policy: 1 week. 3 days for urgent/a patrol
My Mood: Inspired

Hawkcatcher

It wasn't before a few heartbeats after the rogue had fled and Hawkcatcher was turning back that the wounds on her shoulder began to burn, and the large warrior returned to camp with a slightly soured expression on her face. It bothered her that the tranquillity she sought out in her evening walk had been shattered by the encounter with the rogue, but it bothered her even more that this now meant she had to visit the medicine cats. Make no mistakes, Hawkcatcher -despite not having interacted with either of them too much- and plenty of respect for the two younger cats, but the idea of having to come to them this late into the summer dusk.

But it would be foolish to just go to sleep with an open wound and risk getting dust and scraps of moss into her injury, so Hawkcatcher merely sighed a bit before smoothening out her expression into the polite and usually business-like mask before entering the medicine den. "Springlight? Drizzlecloud?" She blinked a few times to adjust to the dim den before spotting the healer(s), dipping her head in a formal greeting. "I'm sorry to bother you, but I ran into a rogue at the border and..." Her gaze shifted to the wound on her shoulder. "Well, you can see the results."

※⁕‡→ Lumi's shop - Tracker - My purrks ←‡⁕※

¨•┈꒰ა ♡⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ Springkit - Wyvern - Hawkcatcher - Pigeonpaw - Saturn ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ ♡ ໒꒱┈•¨
Old May 30th, 2024, 07:26 PM
ALL HAIL KAT/ROSE

Bump Policy: 1-2 Days, I'm Very Forgetful!
My Mood: Mysterious

SilverPaw Lapped Up The Seeds. He Heard Larkswoop And Pulled His Lips Into A Pained Smile, Opening His Mouth Slightly To Speak. Im Alive, Dont Worry. He Mewed In A Raspy Voice, Slightly Raising His Head To Stare At The Warrior.
@paris @BEAR. @iliri
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=73901
Old June 4th, 2024, 09:37 PM
reverting my way back

Springlight
she/her | thunderclan medicine cat | 21 moons

Springlight couldn’t condemn the amusement that bubbled within her system. She knew full well that the assistant role wouldn't be something that Wolfhive would be too disappointed in if he was just magically booted out of the position. It would only just mean that he had done something indecipherable enough that she saw him as no longer worthy to be within the place of her den. At least, she had considered the medicine den as her den. It was also Drizzlecloud’s as well, but the youngest medic knew that in due time, she wouldn't be around anymore. It had been a troubling thought for some time, as Springlight wouldn't be certain of how she would be able to handle the mantle of being the sole medicine cat herself. Unease clenched in the bottom of her stomach, swirling around with slight dread as the corners of her vision felt fuzzy. She knew plenty, and she had withstood countless scenarios where she had patients bleeding out on her paws and she had to think fast to save them. Even with that ability having been formed, it nonetheless bore her a fear of failure that she had tried to keep submerged from view. She may hold the knowledge that she obtained from other medicine cats, but there were still herbs that she wished she knew. A few for example were how she would be able to fight away infections or poison in wounds, or even anything in particular. It was just something that hung high in her mind and didn't seem to go away.

Wolfhive’s words tore her away from the thought, marking her pride from his first attempt at wrapping a bandage being successful. It may have not been perfect, but it was better than nothing, and it would serve upon his leg for a few days before it would need replacement. Cobwebs weren't permanent, and if they stayed, it risked giving Silverpaw an infection that may potentially cost his own life, and Springlight wasn't in any proper mindset to be dealing with that sort of consequence hanging over her shoulders. She watched as Wolfhive followed her instructions and gave the parched-up apprentice the seeds, encouraging him to eat them. She gave him a subtle nod, noting his slight hesitancy against using any… foul language on the young tom. He had committed a heinous decision that nearly cost his own life, of course, he would be as upset as she was herself. Now wasn't the proper time to start questioning the tom, though. Other things were needed, and the moss-bed needed to be changed. She almost made a move to start disposing of the used bed, only to be trampled in her tracks by Wolfhive’s offer to dispose of it himself. An enlightened glee glimmered in her eyes, the calico nodding before stepping back and allowing him to take the lead. “If… you don’t… mind of course… while you… are at it… are you… alright with… bringing back… some fresh moss… to replace… the bedding? It… would do… me nicely.”

She flashed him a cheeky smile before peering her focus towards the entrance of the den as she saw a shadow of a clan-mate slinking into the crevices of her domain, almost feeling her eyes narrow instinctively before taking in the shape of Larkswoop. Right, this was the cat who brought Silverpaw back to camp, maybe she would know what had occurred to have put the young apprentice in his current condition? Only future answers may prevail, she supposed. Before replying, she made sure to quickly gesture Silverpaw onto another moss bed to start resting and healing up, glancing from feline to feline before focusing solely on Larkswoop. “He’s going… to be… fine,” she echoed, sitting and crossing her tail over her paws. “Me and… Wolfhive… did our… best attempts with… bandaging him… up… and he… will be… prone to… having permanent… external scarring… and loss… of a… limb.” Truly devastating indeed, but that wasn’t what Springlight was wanting to ponder on about, now that Larkswoop was there, she could ask questions that she hoped she would receive rightfully answered. “Since… you are… here… I am… curious… for what… exactly… happened… to him… in regards… of the… attack… you will… be my… best choice… in receiving… answers given… Silverpaw… is not… in the… best condition… at the moment… to be… interviewed.”

[ @BEAR. @Desert Rain Frog @paris (ty for letting me know bear i shall disregard that convo for now o7 also, deep apologies for the delay on replying to this. been extremely tired and out of it as of late.)]

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Last edited by iliri; June 5th, 2024 at 05:05 AM.