Today 08:03 AM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Weekend-Wondering
Today 08:02 AM

Old December 29th, 2016, 02:48 PM

My Mood: Angelic

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Mistyfoot sits near a big patch of long grass, more happy than usual. A dead bass fish lay by her paws, fresh and ready to be eaten. She licked her lips in hunger, but she decided to wait until Melodyhope accompanied her to eat. She looked at her dull claws to keep her mind off of food, and raked them loosely over a rough stone to sharpen them a bit. Finally, she decided to lay down and try to warm up. She tucked all four paws under her body and tried to soak in as much sun as she possibly could. She let out a sigh of mostly exhaustion, and closed her eyes to take a nap.

[character site]
Old December 29th, 2016, 03:37 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
@fenic!

Shalefur was, for lack of a better word, restless. It felt as though he had been pacing for moons, and a dull ache had developed in his pawpads to the point where they felt raw. He winces as his pacing led him to stepping on a small pebbled hidden by the fresh layer of snow. Calm down! Why are you like this anyway, Shales? he scolded himself, lifting his forepaw off the ground and examining it's now slightly swollen and red exterior. "Mouse dung," he spat, putting it slowly back onto the ground and sincerely hoping that Geckoleaf was too busy with herbs to have noticed; the last thing he needed was to be pulled away for his pawpad and miss the first sight of Russetstar as the new leader in camp. It felt as though he had waited ages for this moment. Now that him and Russetstar were on a bit of a friendship basis, the tom had a sudden urge to spend all his free time with the new leader - almost like a brother he never had.

The sound of snow crunching underfoot made the RiverClan warrior's head snap up, ears alert and searching for where the sound came from. Finally, his eyes landed on the sturdy form of RiverClan's very own new leader, Russetstar. Something within his heart felt funny as he spotted the tom, and unconsciously a small smile developed on his face. The young warrior sprang forward a step or two before halting in his tracks, heat instantly flooding his ears. What did I just say? Calm. Down. he repeated to himself, curing under his breath before clearing his throat and straightening up again. In a more calm and proper manner, Shalefur padded forward towards Russetstar, dipping his head as he approached him. "I don't think I've gotten to say congratulations yet, Russetstar," he mewed, offering the new leader a small smile as he stopped in front of him. Something about him struck Shalefur, and the tom found it hard to keep his eyes from wandering away from Russetstar's face.
Russetstar was... nervous, really, for some reason. He had only just recently assumed the role of Riverclan's leader, with the aid of the clan's medicine cat, Geckoleaf- but it was a draining position, and to do this alone was even harder than he expected the job to be with somebody else working by his side- he needed to choose a deputy soon, but it was hard to think of a cat who could fit the job, especially since his recent confrontation with Thornfrost had left him less trusting of others around him, and suspicious of too many who he knew to be loyal warriors. He'd been slightly more withdrawn, but at least the tom had made a friend in an unlikely place- Shalefur, somebody who seemed disrespectful and rude, was somebody he'd been able to get close to- and there he was, right in the clearing, seeming as if the tom was ready to talk to him.

"Oh- thank you!" The new leader exclaimed as his newly-discovered friend congratulated him, and Russetstar dipped his head in a show of thanks as he smiled. His friend wasn't one to stop joking, in his experience, but he didn't exactly mind that sort of personality around him- in fact, it was quite refreshing to hear in the middle of all this chaos. "Don't worry, you still have permission to irritate me as much as your heart desires, Shalefur." The tom grinned, his tail flicking back and forth in enjoyment as he talked to the stone-gray colored cat- he reminded him of somebody, somebody who used to be close to him- but of course, that wasn't exactly why they were friends- he definetly doesn't act like her, that's for sure.

Last edited by Fel; December 30th, 2016 at 09:06 PM.
Old December 29th, 2016, 03:48 PM
chirps

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenic! View Post
Russetstar was... nervous, really, for some reason. He had only just recently assumed the role of Riverclan's leader, with the aid of the clan's medicine cat, Geckoleaf- but it was a draining position, and to do this alone was even harder than he expected the job to be with somebody else working by his side- he needed to choose a deputy soon, but it was hard to think of a cat who could fit the job, especially since his recent confrontation with Thornfrost had left him less trusting of others around him, and suspicious of too many who he knew to be loyal warriors. He'd been slightly more withdrawn, but at least the tom had made a friend in an unlikely place- Shalefur, somebody who seemed disrespectful and rude, was somebody he'd been able to get close to- and there he was, right in the clearing, seeming as if the tom was ready to talk to him.

"Oh- thank you!" The new leader exclaimed as his newly-discovered friend congratulated him, and Russetstar dipped his head in a show of thanks as he smiled. His friend wasn't one to stop joking, in his experience, but he didn't exactly mind that sort of personality around him- in fact, it was quite refreshing to hear in the middle of all this chaos. "Don't worry, you still have permission to irritate me as much as your heart desires, Shalefur." The tom grinned, his tail flicking back and forth in enjoyment as he talked to the stone-gray colored cat- he reminded him of somebody, somebody who used to be close to him- but of course, that wasn't exactly why they were friends- he definetly doesn't act like her, that's for sure.
Shaleful felt his ears grow hot - he was known around RiverClan as rude and obnoxious. Ever since joining, he hadn't been one to exactly uphold the values of a Clan cat. He'd made outright jokes about StarClan, and practically dismantled the warrior code during any conversation. But when he was around Russetstar, something made him not want to do that. Still, the tom couldn't help but role his eyes and chuckle. "Good, because some cat around here needs to keep your head from floating into the clouds and getting too fuzzy with starry nonsense," he joked, though there was a bit of an awkward tone to it. He dropped his gaze and looked around, examining the rest of the camp as it slowly came to life before his eyes.

"So how does it work exactly? You have to get permission from dead cats to lead us? Hopefully they gave you permission to get this snow out of camp!" Shalefur mewed, shaking his head in laughter at his own joke. Despite the unusual stir of feelings that Russetstar gave him, the young tom still had his sarcastic side; a trait that would be with him regardless of who he was around, simply because it was who he was. Although he didn't share the same belief in StarClan as his fellow Clanmates, or his current companion for that matter, there was a bit of curiosity shrouding the whole subject that Shalefur was eager to whisk through and discover the mysterious ceremony that lay on the other side. He brought his gaze back up to meet Russetstars and blinked, waiting for his answer - he really did want to know how it worked, even if he didn't have the belief to back it up.
Old December 29th, 2016, 06:04 PM
def back now

Bump Policy: 24-48 hours
My Mood: Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Jasperpelt looked surprised as the she cat thanked him. "Oh, well you're welcome! I was only doing the decent thing," Jasperpelt smiled a little awkwardly, and broke eye contact with the she cat. He was unable to hold eye contact for very long...it made him feel uncomfortable, as though the other cat were trying to look through him and unearth all his secrets. Jasperpelt felt a slight shudder go down his spine, but he hid it well with a friendly grin. He followed her gaze up to the sky, wondering if there was something important there that she was looking at. Unable to spot anything, he lowered his head once again and glanced up at her every few seconds. She certainly looked as though she had lost her best friend. "O-oh! Well I'm sure he is, I mean...if he wasn't, you would have h-heard something, right? B-but I'm sure he's fine, he's probably planning to see you soon," Jasperpelt tried to reassure her. He wasn't sure whether he was saying the right things or not. He was unsure whether he should try to catch her eye or not, and as she was avoiding eye contact and he was not a big fan of it, Jasperpelt decided to leave it alone. He looked in the other direction, shuffling his paws a little awkwardly, unsure of what to do now. Um...we could go out for a walk or something, that might make her f-feel better...but that would be weird, I don't even know her name! And she doesn't know mine, anyway...Jasperpelt thought, as he glanced back up at the she cat and mustered a small smile.
Smiling weakly she decided to push that ideal off to the side. Patting the flatten snow beside her she offered the tom a seat so they could hopefully have some sort of conversation. "My names Littlesong by the way"She said softly with a small nod. Feeling that if they were to get anywhere might as well know one anothers name right? Feeling that guilty feeling claw the pits of her stomach she gulped slightly "o-oh if you don't want to stay you don't need to, I don't want to keep you away from your schedule. It would be rather selfish of me to do that!" Resting her tired head on her paws she felt an unsettling cough rank her frail body. With the recent events and the cold season she couldn't help but catch a small cold. Sniffling slightly she rubbed her nose against her paw. "A-also I apologize for that I think i'm catching a little cold! Silly of me right?" She let out a dry laugh hoping that she wouldn't scare the tom off because of her lack of a warning.
Old December 29th, 2016, 06:48 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey.freckled View Post

Smiling weakly she decided to push that ideal off to the side. Patting the flatten snow beside her she offered the tom a seat so they could hopefully have some sort of conversation. "My names Littlesong by the way"She said softly with a small nod. Feeling that if they were to get anywhere might as well know one anothers name right? Feeling that guilty feeling claw the pits of her stomach she gulped slightly "o-oh if you don't want to stay you don't need to, I don't want to keep you away from your schedule. It would be rather selfish of me to do that!" Resting her tired head on her paws she felt an unsettling cough rank her frail body. With the recent events and the cold season she couldn't help but catch a small cold. Sniffling slightly she rubbed her nose against her paw. "A-also I apologize for that I think i'm catching a little cold! Silly of me right?" She let out a dry laugh hoping that she wouldn't scare the tom off because of her lack of a warning.
Jasperpelt sat down beside the she cat, giving her a smile as he did so. "It's so nice to meet you, Littlesong. I'm Jasperpelt," The tom mewed with another smile. "No! No, I don't have anything to do...I mean, I never really have anything to do...I don't have an apprentice, so all I really do is hunt...and I would much rather be here getting to know you. You can never have enough friends, wouldn't you agree?" Jasperpelt asked with another bright smile. He wished he was able to have more confidence in his friend-making ability...but because of his social skills, the tom had had trouble making very many friends. Perhaps Littlesong would make a good friend for him. He wasn't sure whether he would be able to maintain her friendship or not...but the she cat seemed to have a nice personality. He gave her another half hearted smile, trying to look as friendly as possible, and then it faded into a look of concern. "Hey, that cough sounds nasty! Have you seen Geckoleaf about that?" Jasperpelt asked, with a slight frown. Uncertainly, as though he wasn't quite sure whether he were doing the right thing, the tom wrapped his black tail around her in an attempt to warm her up. Perhaps it would keep her from getting any more sick. Physical contact was another thing Jasperpelt wasn't very good at...and the tom tried not to shudder as he allowed himself to wrap his tail a little tighter around her. "Is this helping at all?" He asked, looking over at her. A worried gleam entered his yellow hues, and he suppressed another shudder. If this wasn't doing her any good...then he would no longer have to maintain the contact. He was unsure whether he should continue anyways, or wait for her to respond and then put his tail back around her once more. Uncertain again, he uncurled his tail and began to twitch it a little nervously, swallowing a little as he did so. An uneasy chuckle slipped through the tom's maw and he gave a slight smile in her direction.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old December 30th, 2016, 03:12 AM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

I wonder if there’s any cool stuff around this place? Sproutkit thought to himself as he watched his two parents busy doing other things. The small, pitch-black kitten slowly crept out the the moss nest that his father, Swallowstorm, laid in because he was injured from recent battles or something. The young tom-kit knew nothing of what happened here in this clan, that’s what they called it, right? He didn’t know. His momma used to tell him that the wild cats out here were strange and smelled funny. Personally, Sproutkit was fascinated! He scampered through the light, fluffy snow that covered the opening in the camp, mewling with delight as it seemed to make him appear all white-furred instead of black like the night. “I’ll show Ripplewhisker that I can be just like him! All tough and strong!” He declared with a squeak, landing in a pile of powdery snow with an amused purr. He wondered if anybody else was out here for him to meet.

Last edited by Captain; December 30th, 2016 at 03:17 AM.
Old December 30th, 2016, 09:44 AM
I got nothing...

My Mood: Worried

@DLG

Dewpatch padded into the clearing. Her white and grey pelt shone bright in the morning sun. She yawned as she stretched her legs out on the way to the fresh kill pile. She had already spotted a nice mouse on the top. Once she reached the pile, she gently took the small animal off the top and went over to a rock and sat on it. Then she began to eat.

Dewpatch's bio: http://www.warriorcatsonline.com/for...ead.php?t=2567
Old December 30th, 2016, 09:57 AM

@Cedar
Quailstep lounged in the clearing beside his sister, cleaning his ginger fur attentively. The Evil Era had passed and the Clan seemed relatively peaceful; he took the moment to enjoy their newfound freedom. Fog crept along the horizon, obscuring the forest from view save a few ghostly tree trunks, and a trace of bowing ferns amidst the assorted foliage. Winters cold breath sent a shiver down his spine, but he strove to ignore the presence of the cold, and focused instead on cleaning a fleck of mud from the cinnamon fur along his navel. Beside the taller, more angular tom, Troutrunner was hunched over the dirt, her bright grey eyes wide as she watched a small black beetle dart to and thro between gaps in the mud. Her silvery blue tail tip twitched intently, her whiskers quivering with curiosity. The sound of another feline entering the clearing caused her to look up abruptly, making the beetle dart for cover. She smiled quickly at the other molly, flicking her tail in greeting. Her brother followed her gaze, and politely did the same.
Old December 30th, 2016, 10:00 AM
I got nothing...

My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLG View Post
@Cedar
Quailstep lounged in the clearing beside his sister, cleaning his ginger fur attentively. The Evil Era had passed and the Clan seemed relatively peaceful; he took the moment to enjoy their newfound freedom. Fog crept along the horizon, obscuring the forest from view save a few ghostly tree trunks, and a trace of bowing ferns amidst the assorted foliage. Winters cold breath sent a shiver down his spine, but he strove to ignore the presence of the cold, and focused instead on cleaning a fleck of mud from the cinnamon fur along his navel. Beside the taller, more angular tom, Troutrunner was hunched over the dirt, her bright grey eyes wide as she watched a small black beetle dart to and thro between gaps in the mud. Her silvery blue tail tip twitched intently, her whiskers quivering with curiosity. The sound of another feline entering the clearing caused her to look up abruptly, making the beetle dart for cover. She smiled quickly at the other molly, flicking her tail in greeting. Her brother followed her gaze, and politely did the same.
The she-cat smiled as the pair greeted her. Once she was done with her morning meal, she padded over to the pair and dipped her head. She was taught to be kind by her mother. "Hello," she mewed to the pair. "Lovely day isn't it?" she asked looking at the sky. Everything seemed to be at peace which was good.
Old December 30th, 2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar View Post
The she-cat smiled as the pair greeted her. Once she was done with her morning meal, she padded over to the pair and dipped her head. She was taught to be kind by her mother. "Hello," she mewed to the pair. "Lovely day isn't it?" she asked looking at the sky. Everything seemed to be at peace which was good.
The oriental molly smiles as the other she-cat joins her and her brother. "Yes, yes," She purrs, wolf grey eyes bright, "Quite lovely." The sun cast translucent golden light through the fog, illuminating the surrounding forest a peculiar eerie shade of tobacco grey. "You're.. Dewpatch, correct? How are you? Have you been out today?" The blue feline enquires intently, leaning forward slightly in her seat in anticipation of the other cats response. Quailstep scoffs a little, bemused at his sisters intensity. He lays his tail across her side, a sign for her to cool it. She checks herself, laughing slightly. "Apologies, she can be a little forthcoming. I'm Quailstep, and this is my sister, Troutrunner." The ginger tomcat says, lifting his angular maw and smiling cautiously at the stranger.