RiverClan Camp
Last post by KestrelPaw
Today 11:17 AM

Old March 11th, 2020, 08:38 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post
Dawnstripe beat back wave after wave of aggravation as Thistlepaw started complaining almost at once. There was literally no pleasing this cat. She was trying to work with her here but she was making it so difficult that Dawnstripe really wanted to go give her to another cat to deal with this immature attitude. It was rough, the she-cat unsheathed her long claws and dug them unforgivingly into the earth while lashing her own tail.
"I can list everything you're doing wrong, one by one, however, I'm not going to even bother." She muttered through gritted fangs while shaking her large head in disapproval. "I don't know what bug has crawled up your ass but knock it off!" This explosive bipolar crap was getting on her nerves. Thistlepaw was fine one second and then raging the next, Dawnstripe felt she might be even worse than her and that was saying something. "If you don't like how I'm doing something talk to me. I don't understand why you need to get so angry over everything I try to do with you. It's like your trying to make me hate you, which if you are you're doing a great freaking job." Over and over and over again, the apprentice has gotten mad without explaining what her problem was.
"I'm getting tired of it. You're making it so I don't even want to train you." Forgive Dawnstripe if she didn't know exactly what she was doing here, Thistlepaw was her first apprentice and an older one at that. "You may have had more than one mentor but you're my first apprentice, I'm sorry if I'm not perfect with this stupid teaching thing. You running your mouth and getting upset with everything isn't making it easy." She hissed, losing what little control she had on her temper. Cutting her rant short, Dawnstripe glared in the direction they had just come from. "Let's go back to camp, I'll ask Beastspark to find you a new mentor." This wasn't healthy this back and forth between them. Dawnstripe didn't have the restraint, maturity, nor the patience to handle Thistlepaw's little fits. They were just going to feed off each other in a vicious cycle and get absolutely nowhere. The prickle molly didn't want that for either of them. It wasn't going to help Shadowclan at all.
A torment of emotions coursed through the apprentice. At first she wanted to bite back with her own poison at her mentor. She felt called out at first, when Dawnsyripe was brutally honest of how Thistlepaw's outbursts were affecting her and she pinned back her ears defensively, feeling as if her walls were crumbling. She hadn't realized her words to actually hurt Dawnstripe so much as to doubt her ability as a mentor. The grey and orange apprentice felt her fur prickling all over with confused feelings. She wanted to yowl back about how Dawnstripe was just as infuriating treating her as a new apprentice who knew nothing, but held back as the molly hissed the last bit. A shocked looked of panic crumbled over her face and she felt completely detached from her body for a moment as the words settled in.

Dawnstripe was giving up on her? Had she truly been so awful that her mentor didnt want her anymore?

She suddenly felt cold and shocked all over as a shiver of memory coursed through her. Her mother hadnt wanted her either, and she hadn't heard from her siblings in moons. She'd never met her father. They all abandoned her, everyone did. So she worked so hard not to let anyone close, which had worked well... Just like Dawnstripe had spat at her. It's like you're trying to make me hate you... For a moment she floundered with the enlightenment that that was truly what she had been doing without really realizing it. Thistlepaw felt very alone and very cold. Those feelings of turmoil and weakness made her fur prickle along her spine angrily. How dare Dawnstripe make her feel this way!

"Fine! Give up on me then! Some mentor you are, unable to support your first apprentice!" She spat back with blind venom in her words. She felt a hot prickle in her eyes of tears and blinked furiously to rid herself of them. She wanted nothing more than to turn tail and dive into the territory to be alone. To try to figure out what the hell was wrong with her that made her treat others like this. Instead, she glared defiantly at her mentor through blurring vision with ears pinned to her head. "I knew you'd disappoint me just like you disappoint your mother, I've seen how she looks at you!"

As soon as the angry and hateful words left her maw she regretted them. She was probably going to have to pay for that retaliation. Remorse swept through her again, like cold claws around her angry heart. She held her ground as a fat tear rolled off her cheek and she batted at it furiously.

Last edited by Ever; March 11th, 2020 at 09:17 PM.
Old March 11th, 2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

{Sorry its short D:}

The black tom took the lead, his pawsteps careful and aware. He did not want to scare any prey away like he'd done before and he quite fancied to bring down a bird of some sort for the clan. Sighing he began walking faster, he knew well where they were going and he'd liked coyote hill... well when he could see, the times he'd spent there had been enjoyable to say the least. Now accompanied by Tawnyflame he was actually looking forward to it, although he was unable to watch the beauty that was Shadowclan territory. Yet they somehow made it to the hill without being able to spot any prey, it confused the tom a tiny bit. He didn't think that his yelp would've scared away all the prey, like some, but not all of it. Could there have been another reason? He didn't know but accompanied by Tawnyflame the pair made it to Coyote Hill. It was technically a terrible name, but he remembered the reason behind it, coyotes had once lived in the area and particular on the hill were they common. Now it was a spot that the clan used for hunting and a way to gain sight over the forest they lived in. Rounding up the hill he sat down, only to realize that Tawnyflame was no longer by his side. He looked around frantically but was unable to locate her. "Tawny?" he mumbled out.
Tawnypelt enjoyed the quiet that ensued as they hunted their way towards her suggested destination. She felt more at peace this way, listening to the woods around and drinking in the scents. Her pelt twitched with irritation at the lack of prey scent. She really wanted to bring back a good amount to the clan...

Her ears perked as she heard her name, an uncertain call from the tom. She blinked, realizing they had drifted apart a little and he had veered a little off course and towards the edge of the cliffs they were nearing. She leapt towards him quickly, making lots of noise so he could hear her approach and pressed her pelt comfortingly against his own thick black fur.

"I'm here. Don't worry I would never leave you out here alone." She said softly into his ear, giving it a comforting lick. Her eyes squinted as she looked through the trees, seeing the soft indigo sky of early sunset. She felt her heart skip a beat, it had been some time since she'd watched the sunset with company. "Come with me, and stay close, I don't want you to get hurt." She whispered softly, letting her tail curl around his shoulders yo guide him along.
Old March 12th, 2020, 12:40 AM
leave the past behind

My Mood: Fine

@Starfall

"Think we'll just look around for a good spot," replied Burnetsnap, eyes trained on the forest in front of them. As he walked, the tension in his muscles lessened, and his mouth twitched with the slightest hint of a smile. Being out in the territory always made him happy. His escape from everyday life, ever since Songthorn left. He was always most comfortable here, where there was nobody to listen or judge save yourself.

And Cardinalpaw, now. He had almost forgotten that they were going hunting together.

In a denser part of the forest, Burnetsnap slowed to a stop, glancing over his shoulder to make sure his apprentice didn't bump into him. As he breathed in the scents of the pines, his eyes closed so he could eliminate any other distractions. It was still too cold for any frogs to be out, so any trace of those were dismissed. There were squirrels here recently... and maybe some birds? Magpie?

One eye fluttered open, looking at the trees ahead. The sun was already disappearing behind them. Better for him, anyway—since he preferred hunting in the dark. Maybe not better for teaching, though. Ah, well.

Right, right. Teaching. "Cardinalpaw, what scents are you getting?"

lio was here ♥
Old March 12th, 2020, 11:49 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
Tawnypelt enjoyed the quiet that ensued as they hunted their way towards her suggested destination. She felt more at peace this way, listening to the woods around and drinking in the scents. Her pelt twitched with irritation at the lack of prey scent. She really wanted to bring back a good amount to the clan...

Her ears perked as she heard her name, an uncertain call from the tom. She blinked, realizing they had drifted apart a little and he had veered a little off course and towards the edge of the cliffs they were nearing. She leapt towards him quickly, making lots of noise so he could hear her approach and pressed her pelt comfortingly against his own thick black fur.

"I'm here. Don't worry I would never leave you out here alone." She said softly into his ear, giving it a comforting lick. Her eyes squinted as she looked through the trees, seeing the soft indigo sky of early sunset. She felt her heart skip a beat, it had been some time since she'd watched the sunset with company. "Come with me, and stay close, I don't want you to get hurt." She whispered softly, letting her tail curl around his shoulders yo guide him along.
The black tom let out a relieved sigh at Tawnypelt's words, feeling a lot more relieved as the she-cat got his attention and managed to stop him from running off the cliff. Running off a cliff wouldn't make for a particularly good day and there'd already been too much excitement and stupid things happening for one day or so Ravenvine thought. Nearly getting pneumonia from standing in a frozen river was all they needed for today to go south and that'd already happened. Shaking his head slightly he returned the lick to her ear in return. He really appreciated all she did for him and what she'd already done. He honestly had no clue what he'd done today without her. It was weird, they just seemed to click nothing Raven had ever expected to do with another she-cat... Another she-cat at least that wasn't Tuftbreeze. The now missing and probably dead she-cat had held his heart in her paw and he did miss her greatly but maybe it was indeed time to move on? Tawny seemed nice enough but he knew that it was obviously too early to make desicions concerning a future he wasn't even certain there might be a path to what he wanted in that regard. Feeling the grass underneath his paws he perked up as the feeling of wind through his fur became ever stronger, it told him that they were on the top of the hill exactly where he'd tried and failed to lead them. Sitting down he curled his tail around Tawnyflame and leaned against her. He was enjoying her company a lot and he had to voice that. Giving her a slight lick on the side of her cheek he mumbled softly, "Thank you again Tawny. I really appreciate everything you've done for me and what you're doing for me. Can you do me a favour though?" he asked as he straightened his head and looked to where he imagined the sun was going down and could see the blurry outline of something. "Can you describe the colours of the sunset? The colours of our surroundings. I would really appreciate it, unless it is too much of a bother."

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old March 12th, 2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:

The black tom let out a relieved sigh at Tawnypelt's words, feeling a lot more relieved as the she-cat got his attention and managed to stop him from running off the cliff. Running off a cliff wouldn't make for a particularly good day and there'd already been too much excitement and stupid things happening for one day or so Ravenvine thought. Nearly getting pneumonia from standing in a frozen river was all they needed for today to go south and that'd already happened. Shaking his head slightly he returned the lick to her ear in return. He really appreciated all she did for him and what she'd already done. He honestly had no clue what he'd done today without her. It was weird, they just seemed to click nothing Raven had ever expected to do with another she-cat... Another she-cat at least that wasn't Tuftbreeze. The now missing and probably dead she-cat had held his heart in her paw and he did miss her greatly but maybe it was indeed time to move on? Tawny seemed nice enough but he knew that it was obviously too early to make desicions concerning a future he wasn't even certain there might be a path to what he wanted in that regard. Feeling the grass underneath his paws he perked up as the feeling of wind through his fur became ever stronger, it told him that they were on the top of the hill exactly where he'd tried and failed to lead them. Sitting down he curled his tail around Tawnyflame and leaned against her. He was enjoying her company a lot and he had to voice that. Giving her a slight lick on the side of her cheek he mumbled softly, "Thank you again Tawny. I really appreciate everything you've done for me and what you're doing for me. Can you do me a favour though?" he asked as he straightened his head and looked to where he imagined the sun was going down and could see the blurry outline of something. "Can you describe the colours of the sunset? The colours of our surroundings. I would really appreciate it, unless it is too much of a bother."
Tawnyflame at first twitched away from the touch, it was unfamiliar to her. She always came here along to enjoy the night ocean views and sounds. Though she took a deep breath and relaxed, letting Ravenvine lean gently into her. Her own tail tip curled though with a bit of unsurety at this newfound closeness. It was a little quick for the generally solitary she-cat. His question was a good distraction and she nodded, golden-red gaze drinking in their surroundings as they sat near the edge of the cliff.

"You don't have anything to thank me for. Well, the horizon is the ocean. I've always wondered where it ended... With the shn setting behind us the ocean is a deep foamy green. The horizon the deepest indigo and slowly fading to a bright pink above out heads. Really a beautiful sunset tonight, but the sunrises here are much better. The first stars are beginning to look down on us too. I wonder which of our ancestors they are..." She trailed off for a moment, staring at a particularly bright star in the sky and briefly wondered if her father was up there, looking down on her. Or maybe one of her late siblings. She blinked and turned her eyes away from it to focus on the trees. "Shadowclan's pine forests sweep to the coast, and you can see the shore where sea stones are far in the distance. I'm sorry you can no longer see the beauty in the view."

Her eyes crept over to the black fur of the tom beside her, neck craning away slightly to get a better look. She felt a wave of sympathy for his poor vision, she wasn't certain that she could live happily without hers. Her tail wrapped around him as if that would make the world a little better for the blind tom.
Old March 13th, 2020, 10:58 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Quote:
A torment of emotions coursed through the apprentice. At first she wanted to bite back with her own poison at her mentor. She felt called out at first, when Dawnsyripe was brutally honest of how Thistlepaw's outbursts were affecting her and she pinned back her ears defensively, feeling as if her walls were crumbling. She hadn't realized her words to actually hurt Dawnstripe so much as to doubt her ability as a mentor. The grey and orange apprentice felt her fur prickling all over with confused feelings. She wanted to yowl back about how Dawnstripe was just as infuriating treating her as a new apprentice who knew nothing, but held back as the molly hissed the last bit. A shocked looked of panic crumbled over her face and she felt completely detached from her body for a moment as the words settled in.

Dawnstripe was giving up on her? Had she truly been so awful that her mentor didnt want her anymore?

She suddenly felt cold and shocked all over as a shiver of memory coursed through her. Her mother hadnt wanted her either, and she hadn't heard from her siblings in moons. She'd never met her father. They all abandoned her, everyone did. So she worked so hard not to let anyone close, which had worked well... Just like Dawnstripe had spat at her. It's like you're trying to make me hate you... For a moment she floundered with the enlightenment that that was truly what she had been doing without really realizing it. Thistlepaw felt very alone and very cold. Those feelings of turmoil and weakness made her fur prickle along her spine angrily. How dare Dawnstripe make her feel this way!

"Fine! Give up on me then! Some mentor you are, unable to support your first apprentice!" She spat back with blind venom in her words. She felt a hot prickle in her eyes of tears and blinked furiously to rid herself of them. She wanted nothing more than to turn tail and dive into the territory to be alone. To try to figure out what the hell was wrong with her that made her treat others like this. Instead, she glared defiantly at her mentor through blurring vision with ears pinned to her head. "I knew you'd disappoint me just like you disappoint your mother, I've seen how she looks at you!"

As soon as the angry and hateful words left her maw she regretted them. She was probably going to have to pay for that retaliation. Remorse swept through her again, like cold claws around her angry heart. She held her ground as a fat tear rolled off her cheek and she batted at it furiously.
Dawnstripe felt the fur along neck bristle as her tail puffed up with fury. Every time the apprentice opened her maw she got angrier. The she-cat grits her teeth in an effort to remain silent, her hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. Her body as tight with suppressed rage, her patience was stretched thin like a rubber band ready to snap. This had to be the most challenging thing she's ever done, swallowing that rage that threatened to consume. The warrior was very very touchy about her relationship with her mother. Especially from bratty orphans who didn't what the hell they were talking about!
Settle down she's doing it on purpose. The warrior coaxed herself while taking in a very deep and shaky breath of cool air. Once she was settled enough to ensure that she wouldn't lash out at the mouthy molly, she turned back around to face with a snarky comment on her maw, but it died away as her fierce amber eyes caught sight of the tear rolling down Thistlepaw's cheek. A bit more fight died out of her along with her anger as she took the time to notice just how much this whole change in mentors was taking a toll on the younger cat. There was something Dawnstripe wasn't seeing here and she prided herself on reading cats like books.
"Quit staring at me like that," She growled, turning her head away for a second before returning her gaze to Thistlepaw. The whole defiance thing was going to get her all worked up after she took what felt like eternity cooling off. What she really wanted to do was tear the apprentice's tongue from her maw, she refrained for several reasons. It took some force, but Dawnstripe managed to get herself to sit down. "You and I need to talk, obviously." She starts already feeling extremely uncomfortable but pushes past it. "I have no idea what you're so afraid that I'll see or find out about you that you need to make me out as the enemy. I am not going to ask." Thistlepaw reminded her of herself way too much. "I detest leaving anything I start unfinished nearly as I loathe being seen as a failure or a disappointment in my mother's eyes." She admits begrudgingly. "Think what you may but I'm not 'giving up' you, not willing. I just know that I don't have the patience nor the maturity,"
It was rough for miss perfect to admit to her faults and that could be seen in the way her claws stabbed, retracted, and then stabbed into the ground over and over and over again. "To handle your fits of rage and cruel streak. You need an older warrior with tons more patience and much longer fuse then I have. We can't communicate without blowing up at each other. You're not learning anything and its not good for either of us to be ticked off with each other all the time like we are when we need to be working together." The antagonistic warrior explained her thought process out to Thistlepaw so she'd stop with all the hate. "Besides your temper, you have the drive and the potential to be one of the better warriors in ShadowClan and we need that. I don't know how to see past your temper, that's why you need a new mentor. Someone who knows what they're doing so you won't get all frustrated and blow up as you do." She finished giving Thistlepaw some insight into her mind with a scuff. As temperamental, rude, prideful and sadistic as Dawnstripe was, she also realized and understood her flaws and downsides of her personality even though she had a hard time admitting to them. All she wanted was to see her clan as strong as it could possibly be and that meant ensuring the future generation was strong. She wasn't going to act like she knew what she was doing with Thistlepaw when it was clear that she hadn't a clue, she'd jostle away her pride when it came to her clan.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training

Last edited by Moonraven; March 13th, 2020 at 10:59 PM.
Old March 14th, 2020, 10:09 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Tawnyflame at first twitched away from the touch, it was unfamiliar to her. She always came here along to enjoy the night ocean views and sounds. Though she took a deep breath and relaxed, letting Ravenvine lean gently into her. Her own tail tip curled though with a bit of unsurety at this newfound closeness. It was a little quick for the generally solitary she-cat. His question was a good distraction and she nodded, golden-red gaze drinking in their surroundings as they sat near the edge of the cliff.

"You don't have anything to thank me for. Well, the horizon is the ocean. I've always wondered where it ended... With the shn setting behind us the ocean is a deep foamy green. The horizon the deepest indigo and slowly fading to a bright pink above out heads. Really a beautiful sunset tonight, but the sunrises here are much better. The first stars are beginning to look down on us too. I wonder which of our ancestors they are..." She trailed off for a moment, staring at a particularly bright star in the sky and briefly wondered if her father was up there, looking down on her. Or maybe one of her late siblings. She blinked and turned her eyes away from it to focus on the trees. "Shadowclan's pine forests sweep to the coast, and you can see the shore where sea stones are far in the distance. I'm sorry you can no longer see the beauty in the view."

Her eyes crept over to the black fur of the tom beside her, neck craning away slightly to get a better look. She felt a wave of sympathy for his poor vision, she wasn't certain that she could live happily without hers. Her tail wrapped around him as if that would make the world a little better for the blind tom.
Ravenvine couldn't help the flare of sadness in his chest as he listened to Tawnyflame describe the colours of the sunset, the paths of their territory. Something he used to be able to see but was now unable to. He knew it didn't help walloping and having your head hang low but that did not mean you did not have any weak moments and was strong all the way. It was okay to be sad, and it was okay to be quiet but not forever. He knew that coming back stronger from all these issues he'd faced was the best thing that had happened to him. Maybe being blind isn't the greatest thing but it was better than being down in the dirt and up in Starclan... Well so it was according to himself and he didn't know how well a judge he was of such things.Sighing he leaned further into Tawny, nearly soldering their bodies together. He liked the comfort he got from her fur and the way her scent relaxed him. He was comfortable with her. "Thank you, Tawny. It means a lot to me that you're willing to describe all of this to me." His tail as well wrapped her around her, offering her his own silent support although he wasn't sure she would need it. "I am sorry for bringing this up again, but what was the reason for you storming out of camp? I am extremely sorry and I want to apologize if it was something I somehow did and or said. It was not my attention to hurt you." His ears flicked back and forth uncomfortably but he knew that they needed to talk about this before it would become a roadblock, something that she would use if he tried to get any closer to her. He feared he might have destroyed something without even knowing it existed. "I am sorry if I did say anything wrong, can I somehow make it up to you? Again I sincerely apologize."

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old March 14th, 2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post
Dawnstripe felt the fur along neck bristle as her tail puffed up with fury. Every time the apprentice opened her maw she got angrier. The she-cat grits her teeth in an effort to remain silent, her hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. Her body as tight with suppressed rage, her patience was stretched thin like a rubber band ready to snap. This had to be the most challenging thing she's ever done, swallowing that rage that threatened to consume. The warrior was very very touchy about her relationship with her mother. Especially from bratty orphans who didn't what the hell they were talking about!
Settle down she's doing it on purpose. The warrior coaxed herself while taking in a very deep and shaky breath of cool air. Once she was settled enough to ensure that she wouldn't lash out at the mouthy molly, she turned back around to face with a snarky comment on her maw, but it died away as her fierce amber eyes caught sight of the tear rolling down Thistlepaw's cheek. A bit more fight died out of her along with her anger as she took the time to notice just how much this whole change in mentors was taking a toll on the younger cat. There was something Dawnstripe wasn't seeing here and she prided herself on reading cats like books.
"Quit staring at me like that," She growled, turning her head away for a second before returning her gaze to Thistlepaw. The whole defiance thing was going to get her all worked up after she took what felt like eternity cooling off. What she really wanted to do was tear the apprentice's tongue from her maw, she refrained for several reasons. It took some force, but Dawnstripe managed to get herself to sit down. "You and I need to talk, obviously." She starts already feeling extremely uncomfortable but pushes past it. "I have no idea what you're so afraid that I'll see or find out about you that you need to make me out as the enemy. I am not going to ask." Thistlepaw reminded her of herself way too much. "I detest leaving anything I start unfinished nearly as I loathe being seen as a failure or a disappointment in my mother's eyes." She admits begrudgingly. "Think what you may but I'm not 'giving up' you, not willing. I just know that I don't have the patience nor the maturity,"
It was rough for miss perfect to admit to her faults and that could be seen in the way her claws stabbed, retracted, and then stabbed into the ground over and over and over again. "To handle your fits of rage and cruel streak. You need an older warrior with tons more patience and much longer fuse then I have. We can't communicate without blowing up at each other. You're not learning anything and its not good for either of us to be ticked off with each other all the time like we are when we need to be working together." The antagonistic warrior explained her thought process out to Thistlepaw so she'd stop with all the hate. "Besides your temper, you have the drive and the potential to be one of the better warriors in ShadowClan and we need that. I don't know how to see past your temper, that's why you need a new mentor. Someone who knows what they're doing so you won't get all frustrated and blow up as you do." She finished giving Thistlepaw some insight into her mind with a scuff. As temperamental, rude, prideful and sadistic as Dawnstripe was, she also realized and understood her flaws and downsides of her personality even though she had a hard time admitting to them. All she wanted was to see her clan as strong as it could possibly be and that meant ensuring the future generation was strong. She wasn't going to act like she knew what she was doing with Thistlepaw when it was clear that she hadn't a clue, she'd jostle away her pride when it came to her clan.
Thistlepaw's eyes were round as full moons as she listened to her mentor. The honesty in her response had the apprentice's fur fluffing up with frustration all around her. She had wanted to fight, not this! Talking was never how she approached her problems, not really. It was by lashing out with cruel words, just as Dawnstripe pointed out to her. Thistle couldn't even bring herself to be prided by the words when Dawnstripe said that she though she could be one of the greater warriors in the clan. It was all she ever wanted, but with her mentor pinpointing everything she felt like it was just a way to calm her down and appease her. Thistlepaw did not want to calm down, she didnt really know what that meant! She'd lived every moment trying to pick apart and tear others down, and it felt awful to be told Dawnstripe could tell that something was amiss with her. She couldn't admit that she felt alone, then she would be pitied. The though revolted her and only made frustration bubble up within her.

Her tail fluffed out as she pushed aside Dawnstipe's honest words and decided that her mentor was surely giving up on her. If not she would push through, despite the flaws here! Right? Her golden eyes narrowed on the older cat as she tried to decide what to do here. What to say? No cat had tried being honest to her when she because so vile... her eyes burned with the confusion of that reaction. Her little brain trying to process what to do in this unknown.

"Well if you're not good enough to train me then I guess I don't want you as a mentor anyways." She huffed and turned her nose up at her mentor, pelt starting to smoothed our as she tried to accept this. Lies, lie, keep it cool. She doesn't matter anyways, no cat does. she sat down and stared flatly at Dawnstripe, mood swinging around into reserved as she bottled up her thoughts and anger. "Let's go then."
Old March 14th, 2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Ravenvine couldn't help the flare of sadness in his chest as he listened to Tawnyflame describe the colours of the sunset, the paths of their territory. Something he used to be able to see but was now unable to. He knew it didn't help walloping and having your head hang low but that did not mean you did not have any weak moments and was strong all the way. It was okay to be sad, and it was okay to be quiet but not forever. He knew that coming back stronger from all these issues he'd faced was the best thing that had happened to him. Maybe being blind isn't the greatest thing but it was better than being down in the dirt and up in Starclan... Well so it was according to himself and he didn't know how well a judge he was of such things.Sighing he leaned further into Tawny, nearly soldering their bodies together. He liked the comfort he got from her fur and the way her scent relaxed him. He was comfortable with her. "Thank you, Tawny. It means a lot to me that you're willing to describe all of this to me." His tail as well wrapped her around her, offering her his own silent support although he wasn't sure she would need it. "I am sorry for bringing this up again, but what was the reason for you storming out of camp? I am extremely sorry and I want to apologize if it was something I somehow did and or said. It was not my attention to hurt you." His ears flicked back and forth uncomfortably but he knew that they needed to talk about this before it would become a roadblock, something that she would use if he tried to get any closer to her. He feared he might have destroyed something without even knowing it existed. "I am sorry if I did say anything wrong, can I somehow make it up to you? Again I sincerely apologize."
Tawnypelt found her pelt twitching away again as he wrapped her tail around her, but she leaned her head against his shoulder as she continued to watch the stars grow brighter. She didn't want him to think that she didnt like his company, she found herself surprised at how much she did enjoy it. His thanks to her describing everything made her pelt prickle happily, but as soon as he asked what he had done wrong in the clearing her ears flicked back and she lifted her head away from his shoulder. It wouldn't help to give him a wide-eyed look to avoid explaining her feelings so instead she just shrugged lightly.

"Don't worry about it, it was nothing. Already gone and forgotten." She said quietly, eyes fixed on the horizon. Truly it was nothing, she had just been sensitive. However, admitting that was admitting something about herself that she tried to hide. It had never done her any good to be sensitive. It had done her good to keep quiet and keep her head down; out of the spotlight. Though she did get a pang of quilt when she realized how he had revealed quite a bit about his own past today and she hadn't spoken a single word about herself. The guilt wasn't enough to make her do anything. He would probably change his mind if he knew about her personal life and conflicting opinion of Starclan. It always caused her trouble. It would only cause more if she told any cat that she was seeing her mother again... Tawny wasn't sure she could trust him like he seemed to trust her. Though she also really enjoyed his company and didn't want to push it away, having him to sit with her here was actually better than alone. Just acknowledging that internally made her uncomfortable, but to keep his mind off being worried about her feelings she carefully rested her head back against his shoulder. She took a moment to rub her cheek against him, enjoying the texture of his cropped fur through her long, silky fur.

Old March 16th, 2020, 12:39 PM
Kindheart

My Mood: Stressed

Blackfoot rolled his eyes a little at the young she-cat's complaint, "I already explained why we're hunting." Seeing as she didn't have any more questions, he lead her out of the clearing and into the forest. "Besides, our clan is hungry and it's our job to keep them full." He nodded his head in determination, padding through the dense, dark woods of the early morning, ears perked for scuffling noises and the paws that followed behind him. @Cörruptly

My Characters | RP Tracker

Wondering what my characters think of yours? View their thoughts!

Everything Finder