Last post by Kingzilla
Today 03:26 AM
Closed Thread

Old October 14th, 2020, 10:37 AM
this night is sparkling

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Elders' Den

// @Redtalon - Yep, of course!

Owlflight sighed. This was honestly getting old. The comments, the sitting there, the awkwardness. He'd tried to strike up a conversation, honestly, but Storm was just so rude. Not actually rude, rather...icy. Sharp. Cold. It's funny how winter is so cold and that's how you define cats, sometimes. Owlflight thought. That was a stupid thing to think. I know what Storm would say. He was tempted to talk back to the other cat, give him a show. But no...what would Lionstar say?

Owlflight walked forward a little bit, trying to push Stormtalon to the entrance/exit of the den. He knew the other tom was already going to leave, but he wanted to make sure. Plus, he was getting annoying and Owlflight wanted him out. "Of course," he meowed back, his voice clipped-almost as icy as the other cats'. "It's my duty-no problem."

Owlflight almost smiled with relief when Storm began to walk out. Finally! He could maybe chat with the elders and enjoy some peace. He was supposed to be protecting the den-perhaps that counted chasing away weird warriors who were very nosy? Maybe! Owlflight flicked his tail as way of goodbye when Stormtalon left the den. Finally.
being this young is art

Old November 9th, 2020, 11:35 AM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

@Cobra

Mossygrove padded quietly into the elder's den, hoping not to disturb anyone. She wanted to help out however she could, to perhaps make them more comfortable.
"Um, hey," She smiled politely as she entered, knowing she didn't grow up with these cats like the rest of the Clan did. She...missed Owlfeather. "Is there anything I can do to help out?"

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old November 9th, 2020, 11:44 AM
this night is sparkling

Quietstep licked his fur, reaching for the tick that had been bothering him immensely. He had woke up and.. it was just there. And way too annoying. Quietstep sniffed, smelling the she-cat that came into the den. She was pretty, he supposed, and he'd never seen her before. Interesting. Was she a newcomer?

"Hello," Quietstep purred softly. He stretched, then flicked his tail smoothly. There hadn't as many kittens coming in for story's, surprisingly. Well, there wasn't as many kits generally. It was rather odd, once he thought about it. "My name is Quietstep, and you are?" He smiled once she offered to help. "Yes, please. There's a tick at the base of my tail - you don't have to get it, though. Only if you want to."

@punkscape
Old November 9th, 2020, 11:52 AM
clearing away the dust

"I'm Mossygrove," She greeted with a dip of her head. She wondered when she'd be able to stop having to introduce herself to cats. She longed for that sense of belonging that came with being known within a Clan. She'd been well-known in ShadowClan, but...always chastised, skirted around, avoided because of her mother breathing down her neck constantly.

"Oh, sure, I can help with that," she nodded and padded over. She clamped her teeth around the bug and gave it a quick yank before cracking it between her teeth to kill it. She cringed at the taste of the bug, but she was glad to help. "That any better?" she asked.

@Cobra

Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old November 9th, 2020, 12:02 PM
this night is sparkling

"Nice name," Quietstep meowed kindly. "hmm, haven't seen you around, there a reason why..?" He eyed her carefully, a smile still on his face. She could be a former outsider perhaps, or maybe she'd came from a different Clan? ThunderClan and WindClan were both possibilities - more likely WindClan since Quietstep knew they were hardcore allies. Why, Lionstar had even been in love with their deputy, until he died. Coyotesnarl.

"Wow, thanks," Quietstep sighed, stretching his paw and flexing his claws. "That really feels better," he added, making his smile wider. "So," the elder hummed. "Where'd ya come from? I mean.. ya don't have to answer if ya don't want to. We all have our secrets."

@punkscape
Old November 9th, 2020, 05:15 PM
clearing away the dust

Mossygrove's ears folded back and she visibly tensed when asked that question.
"Uhm...it's kind of complicated," she began, avoiding eye contact, casting her blue eyes at the floor of the den. She was a terrible liar, so she wouldn't lie. She'd just avoid the more important parts. "I spent a lot of time as an outsider before this, just kind of wandering on my own, you know? But Clan life called to me, so here I am. RiverClan seemed like...the safe choice."

She shook her head, wanting to change the subject.
"What about you? Have you lived in RiverClan your whole life?"

@Cobra

Old November 9th, 2020, 05:26 PM
this night is sparkling

Quietstep bit his lip when she flattened her ears. "Ya don't have to answer," he meowed. "I am not that interested - I mean I'd love t' hear, but I ain't the best at listenin'. I'd love to tell ya a story, though, if you're interested." He smiled again as she began to speak, watching Mossygrove excitedly. This was great. He was sure she was a stunning cat, with an amazing backstory to tell. The better ones usually had a good story. "Yeah, it's definitely the safe place for ya newcomers. We accept alot of cats who are unused to Clan life. Hopethis is going well for you, darling."

Quietstep sniffed as she asked about him. "Eh, I haven't got much of a story. Born in RiverClan. Apprentice. Warrior. Parents died. Watched Fallenstar un-become leader - sad - and Lionstar become our newest leader. See? Not much to say. Anything ya wanna talk about?"

@punkscape
Old November 10th, 2020, 10:42 AM
clearing away the dust

@Cobra

Mossygrove smiled at the elder, thankful at his quiet understanding that she didn't really want to talk about her past. She wanted to ask something, but she felt a little silly.
"This is stupid, I know, but...do you...do you think you could tell me a story about RiverClan? I really would love to know more about the important history and stuff." She wasn't a kit or an apprentice, she was a warrior. But surely one story couldn't hurt, right? Would she get made fun of? Would Quietstep think she was childish?

Old November 10th, 2020, 12:01 PM
this night is sparkling

Quietstep nodded politely back to her, enjoying the smile. It was the little things that mattered. He already enjoyed Mossygrove, she was a kind she-cat and very sweet. He liked the cats that were honest and true, even if they came from a bad background.

"It ain't stupid!" Quietstep meowed, purring gently. "I'd love t' teach ya about RiverClan! Oh, an' the Clans in general! Since ya were an outsider, right? Anyways, the story I want to tell ya is about the Evil Era. Ya see, RiverClan had a pretty big part in it, if I do say so myself! Our leader, Bucknight - he's gone now, but Fawnsqueak is his son - he basically started the second Evil Era. Cool, right? Okay. So, the first one is hard to explain, and ya can hear it from any old cat. But I experienced a little of Bucknight's leadership, so I know a little more. Well, old Otterstar was killed by a fox on a patrol. Before she died, she named Buckthorn as her deputy. He became Bucknight, and Thornfrost was his deputy. After that, Blazingash became leader. Nowww, time passed, and Ratsting(ugly name, I know) and Singeflick became new leaders. Then after that, the fire happened. In the middle of the night, there was a huge fire, presumed to be set by Twolegs, ya know? It spread to WindClan, soon the territories were ablaze." Quietstep paused, eyeing Mossygrove. "Ya wanna know more?"

@punkscape
being this young is art

Last edited by Cobra; November 10th, 2020 at 12:49 PM.
Old November 10th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Quagsire

My Mood: Hungry

Mousekit ran into the den. "Quietstep, Quietstep, wait for me!" He ran over to the elder and warrior. "Are you listening to a story? Can I listen too? Pleeeeeeeeease? I promise I'll be good! I'll bring you fresh-kill for a moon!" @Cobra

Please mention me in any posts relating to my character.

Last edited by ThePuzzlerThree; November 11th, 2020 at 06:39 AM.
Closed Thread