by BEAR.
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 08:05 AM

Old August 1st, 2023, 10:40 AM
reverting my way back

Bump Policy: anytime !!

Default Re: ThunderClan Apprentices' Den

• Lambpaw •
long-furred, round-bodied, dark brown flame-sepia point tom with icy blue eyes; singular white spot on chest
Purrks: N/A

Well, Spruce seemed to recognize him at least. It was rather strange that the fellow apprentice didn’t really want to focus much on speaking with other cats—specifically anyone who is around his age—but he supposed that was alright. Lambpaw wasn’t exactly the one to be interested in chattering his jaws off either. All that talking really did was just hurt his throat and make it itch for no apparent reason. That reason alone just sucked in general. With a happy stomp of his dark-furred paws and a loud, raspy purr escaping his throat, the tom-cat surveyed his gaze towards the other apprentice that seemed to be also speaking with Spruce: Brokenpaw. Quizzically, the flame-point cocked his head to the side as he studied her. What kind of name was that? Who would name their own kit after something that is broken? Did she have anything ‘broken’ on her body? Lambpaw silently studied the other apprentice, narrowing his eyes down to see if the dark-furred molly had any sort of ‘broken’ parts on her body. Frowning to not see anything, his bright eyes welled up with the mixture of both curiosity and puzzlement for the meaning behind her strange, yet saddening name. Was it because of her parents not knowing what good name to give to her so they just called her ‘broken’? That’s just wrong.

He didn’t think too much about the situation for too long, as the fellow molly had started speaking again, sounding rather dismissive and not really interested in speaking with the duo of tom-cats. Was she bored? Did she need a gift? Did she need someone to talk with? Lambpaw, being the concerning ball of fur that he is, opened his jaws to say something in retort to the fellow molly. However, before he could really say anything to her, she left without really saying something in retort. Frowning, the dark tom shut his jaws again, quietly tapping one of his front paws as he began to contemplate what he should do to make that molly feel better. Without much thought, he silently rolled his shoulders and began to focus fully on Spruce, since they were the only ones who were practically left inside the den. A silent prickle of unease and awkwardness began to emerge through the dark-furred tom as he tried to think of something to do. What in the world should he say to Spruce? Should he ask how he was doing? Should he see if he was doing alright? Either option felt weird to just say abruptly to someone who didn’t really like to speak much, so Lambpaw just felt dumbfounded standing there and uttering no word.

The silence began to make his fur prickle, so he shifted himself to sit into a loaf position so that he didn’t feel so awkward. As he positioned himself, he made sure to steer away from accidentally making himself scoot closer to the quiet tom as he had nimbly remembered that Sprice had something against cats being close to him. He didn’t want to disrespect his personal boundaries, after all. With a little lopsided smile growing across the sides of his lips, he closed his eyes and cocked his head to the side as a small sign of approval and recognition for the other tom. Should he ask how he was doing with Tigerblush so far? She seemed like a nice molly, so maybe Spruce would grow a liking towards her. “How… seeing… Tiger?” he questioned, his voice slurring and distorted as he tried to ask his fellow apprentice how seeing Tigerblush was doing him so far. He didn’t seem too bothered by the fact that it was rather difficult to put proper sentences together and make words make proper sense while speaking. He was rather used to it at this point. His sisters were always used to him speaking in small, brief sentences and he was sure that Spruce would be too, someday.

@Alchemist Kitsune @TheVillianKing

⊱ future carrd ◦ future roleplay tracker ◦ future character bio ⊰
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Last edited by iliri; August 1st, 2023 at 10:44 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2023, 04:09 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Treepaw]

The apprentice hummed to herself as she groomed, awaiting the next lesson from Alderstep.

[CLOSED; ACTIVITY]

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old August 3rd, 2023, 06:16 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

yarrowcrest // he/him // 16 moons

---

Today was the day! The day that he began training his very own apprentice! It was nerve-wracking, for sure, but if he went in with nervous energy it could possibly affect Morningpaw... It was up to him to set a good example and set the right mood! He was honored to be given an apprentice having only been a warrior for a few moons... Oh, his nerves were on fire this morning!

Hyping himself up mentally, he trots over towards the apprentice's den. Before poking his head into the entrance, he stands and takes a deep breath outside.

You're gonna do great!-- he tells himself-- You totally got this! She's counting on you!

The young warrior finally pokes his head into the den and searches the dim lighting for the molly, ears at full attention. Now just to see if she's still sleeping... It was quite early, so it would make sense. He was just so anxious that it was hard for him to sleep!

"Morningpaw! Are you in there? I'm here to get you for training."

// @worm

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old August 3rd, 2023, 07:02 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Morningpaw woke at Yarrowcrest's call, head snapping toward the entrance with an owlish stare. Oh stars. Training! She'd been waiting for this day her whole life, and now that its finally here...she's frozen. She wanted to move, but her paws felt like stone (minus the tingling). "oh goodness," She whispered to herself, struggling to rise. Much like a newborn foal, the young molly finally managed to stand, fluffy tail tucked tightly between her legs. Hopefully none of the other apprentices saw that...

Slowly, she made her way towards the den's entrance. Her big blue eyes stared up at Yarrowcrest in awe. What was he like? He seemed friendly...

It wasn't long before her cheeks got puffy and hot with embarassment, and she eventually looked away. Unsure of what to say, Morningpaw quietly waved her tail at him in greeting, stealing a peek for his reaction.

[ @silverwynds ]
[ she is very shy and quiet btw, it will take awhile for her to get comfortable speaking to yarrow!! ]

Last edited by Doom; August 3rd, 2023 at 07:04 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2023, 07:15 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

yarrowcrest // he/him // 16 moons

---

Ah, so she was nervous. He knew that she was pretty shy but... Well, he can't blame her. Today was a big day for them both-- almost as big as the ceremony itself was. Taking note of the way she turns her gaze away from him and replies to his greeting with a wave of her tail, his expression softens. Hopefully he looked approachable enough? Were his shoulders too tense? Stare too direct? Or perhaps he was just overthinking it all because he so desperately wanted to make a good first impression?

Nah, it couldn't possibly be that.

"Good morning. I'm impressed that you got to your paws so quickly."

Was that a decent compliment? Hopefully she didn't take it in any kind of wrong way. 'Just being yourself' was so hard when it mattered.

"I know we've met, but I'd like to officially introduce myself. I'm Yarrowcrest. I'm exciting to start our training together."

// @worm

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old August 3rd, 2023, 09:36 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Sprucepaw |

Despite his deadpanned glance towards Broken, the young apprentice offered a raised brow. He was... confused. True, her leaving did nothing to him. If anything, it was a relief to not suddenly have two cats to contend with in his nest. And yet he did not understand. Had he not engaged in the socially polite protocol? He had thanked her welcome to the den. That was what he was supposed to do, was it not?

A small shrug the only other response he gave the older apprentice, he remained silent. If she wanted to leave, he would not stop her. What was he even going to tell her? Ask her to stop when she was obviously as uncomfortable as he was being here? Why had she even approached? Maybe she wasn't so different from him, uncertain of how to best approach others. She was just... very... chatty about it.

Lamb on the other paw seemed to distressed. The longer they sat together, the more tense the other brown furred tom appeared. It wasn't the silence, he was sure. His companion had seemed to cherish silence as much as he had, speaking only what he needed to. He appreciated that in a feline.

Fudge's emerald hues slowly narrowed in thought, assessing Lamb. Was he... feeling guilty about Broken's departure? She had left because she'd wanted to. Surely there was no reason to feel bad for it? Unless... there was and Fudge was simply too uncaring to know? Oh how he hated these cryptic social cues. Couldn't cats just say what they wanted and be done with it? Should they... go after her?

Before the chocolate point could say anything on the matter, Lamb spoke. And he... struck at Fudge with a well aimed bolt of lightning. Oh no. Who'd told him? What were the others saying? Was it well known that he didn't even know who Tiger was? Oh... oh golly no... he felt faint. And like crying. That would not help right now. How did he get out of this? And a curse upon Cattibal! To think he almost trusted the devious-

Wait... Lamb hadn't really... said anything bad, had he? No. He'd just... asked about Tiger. Probably genuine curiosity. Lamb seemed to have that. That genuineness in caring about others for some inexplicable reason. Fudge did not understand it, did not care to, really... but he supposed it was refreshing. Compared to the cats that were just tossing clanmates out of the camp, fighting over who got to drag them to the city - he might be letting his imagination run wild of late - having a cat just... want to know how he was doing for no reason other than just because was... acceptable.

And that was why he was sure the sap felt bad about Broken's disappearance. Patience be with him... this cat's kindness was going to be the end of him. Responding with a nonchalant shrug at his question - he really didn't want to go admitting he had no idea who his mentor even was - Fudge got up, stretching with an air of arrogance. Turning blank, emotionless eyes towards Lamb, he nudged his head towards the den's entrance. Maybe if they left now, they might bump into Broken? That would probably make Lamb happy, right? Not that... he would admit that was what he was doing...

"Squirrel," he mewed, explaining his reason for getting up.

That's right. He was hungry. Wanted something to eat. So what if that something was big and opulent and probably needed to be shared? He wasn't looking out for anyone. He was just looking out for himself. It wasn't for Lamb or Broken. This was for him. To fit in. That's right... nothing else.

Saying nothing else, the former kittypet turned and headed off. Lamb would understand him. And if he didn't... well... he supposed he could just go get something to eat for himself. It's not like he would come back to make sure Cattibal had something to eat to ensure the tom didn't resort to limb cannibalizing again. He wasn't that kind of feline. Not even a little bit.

-
@TheVillianKing [Brokenpaw] | @ares [Lambpaw]
| I know Brokenpaw is already in the clearing, but would you be alright with Spruce and Lamb bumping into her after Spruce goes to get a peace offering? He's not as thoroughly heartless as he wants to be. He's close, but not quite there. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios

Last edited by Alchemist Kitsune; August 3rd, 2023 at 09:37 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2023, 11:15 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Fireflypaw

The new apprentice was indeed in the apprentice's den, and was currently buried under a pale lump of fluff that was Lotuspaw. She had had a nightmare that night, and when she had woken up, Lotuspaw had made herself a living weighted comfort blanket, draping herself over the scrawny tortie to attempt to comfort her. Which was nice. Except for the snoring. And until Firefly almost woke the sleepy younger cat when trying to leave for training. Stretching her long, gangly legs out, she rolled the smaller Siamese off and padded sleepily to the entrance where the other cats already stood.

"Good morning, sorry... I-I had to get Lotuspaw off. I'm ready now." She flushed lightly, blinking apologetically at the two. Hopefully she hadn't inconvenienced them too much, because that wouldn't be good. Not for her first day. She had to make Aster proud. And... well, that was it. She didn't have anyone else who would really care if- No. That was too depressing for this early in the morning. She just had to settle for whatever today would bring.

// @.squid @SuspiciousMindz

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old August 4th, 2023, 05:11 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: [ error. data corrupted ]
My Mood: Fine

*Cherrypaw sat in her nest, looking around*
Old August 7th, 2023, 07:35 AM
Gone is not permanent.

Bump Policy: No bumping; me gone.
My Mood: Asleep

Dreampaw was dreaming. He dreamt of a forest, of rolling green hills and vast valleys. There were birds that flew, mice that ran, fish that swam. The sun was warm on his back, the grass was cool on his paws. The dream seemed as real to him as the waking world, from the glistening water to the cat that padded by his side. He didn’t know who it was, what it looked like or why it was here. All he knew was that it always was. It was his friend, had been since before he could remember. They often played with each other, other times walked, sometimes just lay in the shade and enjoyed each other’s company.
“I wish I could...” Dreampaw murmured, staring up at a hawk as it flapped over the trees. “You can.” The other cat mewed. It always knew what Dreampaw meant, what he wanted to say, sometimes even before he knew himself. “Come.” The cat stepped up into the air, floating higher and higher every moment. Dreampaw followed it, and the ground was right below him and far away at the same time. The wind billowed in his fur and through his legs. He was so high up, so peaceful. The cat swooped forward and snatched a sparrow from the air, then gave it to Dreampaw. It was one of the best things he had ever tasted.
“I never want to leave here,” he mewed. “You never have to,” the cat said. “We can stay here forever!” Dreampaw smiled. He would do just that. He spotted the hawk, and swooped over to say hello to it. Something warm glinted over his eye and he frowned. “Wha-” he started, then the bird of prey screamed at him, fire flaring from its eyes and wings and talons. Dreampaw cried out, tried to avoid it, but he couldn’t move. The hawk slashed at him and knocked him from the air. The ground didn’t exist anymore, replaced with a large, gaping black hole that stretched for eternity.
Dreampaw bolted upright. He was sitting in his nest in the real world, the sunlight shining in the place where his head had been. His ears were hot, his flanks shaking. He looked around him. The colours were too harsh, the scents too strong. He already missed his dream, though he knew he could sleep again and tried to latch onto the twirling fragments of it. He hated that hole. It was the bane of his existence; it always sucked away everything and woke him up. The light swirled as he stood up and stretched. He could still smell the faint traces of his friends scent, like the aftertaste of a mouse from breakfast. Speaking of which, he was hungry now, despite the sparrow from earlier. Somehow, food never seemed to follow him between worlds.

[Open]
#Water

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Last edited by MockingRabbit; August 7th, 2023 at 07:38 AM.
Old August 8th, 2023, 04:28 PM
I am a real person.

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Stressed

Fawnpaw

Fawnpaw stepped in. She was amazed how the brambles were tied together and how the den was made! Fawnpaw just joined Thunderclan, so apparently, she needed to make a nest. Fawn found a clear spot then wondered what she should made her nest out of.
@lio

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
A New Dawn