by Red'fur
Last post by Red'fur
Today 06:34 AM

Old February 12th, 2020, 04:15 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Waterbarn

"Icestar, you're asking a leader to step aside so you can call the shots in his Clan." Thunderhowl tipped his head to a side, narrowing his eyes at the dark she-cat. "It ain't gonna work as easy as you think. That kid's dense, but he ain't about to hand over his Clan just 'cause you tell him to." Did she.. were they so blind to see the blaring issue? "If you wanted to put 'im in your debt, then help without takin' over. Don't be Eternalstar."

There was a bitterness to his words, a reminder of the bloody days where Eternalstar overtook all the Clans through bloody conflict in order to 'bring them into strength.' It was ruthless, devastating, and Thunderhowl had no intent on letting something similar repeat.

[ @Casper, @SilentLamb, @CheetahPelt ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old February 12th, 2020, 05:08 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

@Undertaker @BILL. @Casper
Cherrymist gave a hum and nod. " most likely . "she agreed . However she gave a tiny glare at thunderhowl. "who's this....EternalStar??? And whoever that is, I'm sure icestar knows what she's doing ...She won't let things get out of paw . "

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Last edited by Leucos; February 12th, 2020 at 05:11 PM.
Old February 12th, 2020, 06:13 PM
work is never done

Who..?

Thunderhowl whirled on Cherrymist in a heartbeat, teeth bared back. "How do you not know about the first evil era? Has ShadowClan neglected to teach the youth about the past? Here's a history lesson:

"When I served as a medicine cat, the Clans were encroached in darkness. The leaders we had.. Echostar, Hawkstar, Emberstar, Dapplestar.. they were either murdered or captured, driven out from their leadership in order for a group of ambitious, power-hungry cats to take their place. These cats were malefactors, cowards. Killers. All under the guise of 'makin' the Clans strong again.'

"I'll keep this brief, but it was the darkest time in Clan history. Eternalstar was the ring-leader, the idiots he put in charge of ShadowClan and WindClan are insignificant because he sought to call all the shots. He made the rules, he told them how to dish 'em out-- under his guidance the forest ran red."
Under his guidance, Thunderhowl had been thrown into the jaws of a monster and barely survived, his leg mangled in the process. Under his guidance, Thunderhowl had witnessed numerous horrors-- the slaughter of the weak, the constant battles that raged on between even Clan-mates, the endless conflict as loyalties were split in between.

"I don't condone the leadership of one cat over multiple Clans, and neither should any of you. Help 'em and put 'em in debt, but don't try to do a takeover. There's a line in place for a reason to prevent the corruption of power, and I ain't seein' it crossed again. The Clans have gone through plenty enough takeovers to last generations, let's be done with 'em."

[ @SilentLamb ]

Old February 12th, 2020, 06:22 PM

@BILL.
Taken aback by the information. Which was pretty clear on her face, the molly just looked at thunderhowl only to look back at icestar then back at thunderhowl . Then back at icestar again. " that's ....all very...very interesting . But I'm certain that icestar won't ...be like EternalStar. And besides the leader knows what's best....if she decides to go for a takeover . It'll be done." she meowed .

Old February 12th, 2020, 06:39 PM
work is never done

"You're missin' the point, kit. No single cat should have power over two Clans that should be separated-- that's why there's four Clans, not one." Thunderhowl's gaze was fixated on the younger feline, unrelenting. "It ain't right, too easily corruptible and you ain't even considering the fact ThunderClan cats as a whole aren't gonna take kindly to this. You ain't gonna get a Clan-full of cats who'll just blindly follow, they'll be pissed off and mutiny. They ain't WindClan-- they have pride and dignity left."

[ @SilentLamb ]

Old February 12th, 2020, 06:46 PM

@BILL.
well he does have a point there...
"your not wrong about that..." she meowed with a small sigh. " ok....but how is putting them in debt gonna work in our favor? Sometimes cats won't even pay mind to that... "

Old February 12th, 2020, 07:03 PM
work is never done

"We're allies, right?" Thunderhowl flicked his ears, allowing his fur to lie flat with Cherrymist's revelation. "Flintstar's afraid of Icestar, it was palpable when he ditched after the raid. So .. use that against 'im. Help 'em out, remind Flintstar of his failures to us, and he ain't gonna cry about whatever Icestar tells him to do. The guy's a pushover, but he ain't enough to outright hand leadership over. You can keep 'im as a puppet, but you can't take power entirely for yourself."

[ @SilentLamb ]

Old February 12th, 2020, 07:28 PM

@BILL. @Casper
oh now that makes total sense! More cunning ...I like that..
Ears perking up at that with a devious smile . " well when you say it like that . It sounds way more exciting than just a takeover . And safer though way slower ..." she meowed . Gazing at Icestar "what you think about that ?"

Old February 14th, 2020, 01:54 PM
Create your own sunshine

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentLamb View Post
@BILL. @Casper
oh now that makes total sense! More cunning ...I like that..
Ears perking up at that with a devious smile . " well when you say it like that . It sounds way more exciting than just a takeover . And safer though way slower ..." she meowed . Gazing at Icestar "what you think about that ?"
@BILL.
@Casper

Yewbranch shook his head. "Whats the point of puppeteering and the rest of it unless your going to take it over in the end? If we put resources and cats into making Thunderclan something worth to puppeteer they will have the chance to break out from Shadowclan control. If we plan a take over now, when they are weak and reeling, then we can take them and be done with it. Make it strong after we have them all under control. At the moment there is an easier chance we could walk in with our strong warriors and just tell them we're taking over, with their ragtag bunch." He stood as he spoke. This whole 'Eternalstar' thing was a thing of the past. Thunderhowl was old and stuck in the past.

----

"I agree with Thunderhowl." Quailears meowed. "We already dropped from five clans to four and that was by choice. If we force Thunderclan to be Shadowclan then we are dropping to three. Rebellion would spread rampant and what would stop Riverclan with the old force of Skyclan and Windclan thinking they can take us by force. We would have the strength to take them, but after the first attack? The fifth? It's a safer choice for the future if Icestar puppeteers and controls from slightly further away." His ears twitched as he listened to Thunderhowl and Cherrymist argue.
Old February 14th, 2020, 07:48 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

@Undertaker @Moonraven @RedHead @CheetahPelt @BILL. @CheetahPelt @SilentLamb

Icestar sighed, her ears going crooked with malcontent.
"Yes, thank you for the history lesson, Thunderhowl," She grumbled. "In case you haven't noticed, I'm not Eternalstar. I don't kill without reason, and my goals are not for endless bloodshed. I am doing what I believe to be the best for my clan, whatever will make us stronger, and put us on top, where we deserve to be." She glanced around to her group, gauging everyone's reactions and feedback.

"Thank you for your insights. I will take all of this into account before we move forward. There is still plenty to do around our own camp before moving outwards at all, anyways. You're all dismissed for now. If you find any prey on your way back to camp, don't pass it up. We need it now more than ever. Keep your ears open--I might call on you all again soon."

And with that the dark leader stood, and stalked out of the waterbarn, her tail swishing behind her.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!