Sharing bonds
by Estelle
Last post by Estelle
Today 12:14 AM

Old July 4th, 2022, 12:42 PM

Bump Policy: After 24hrs
My Mood: Breezy

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Willowpaw stumbled into the den with a slight limp. She had a semi-deep scratch under her eye, and deeper ones on her shoulder and torso. She didn't know exactly what to do, so she waited a moment to see if she could find one of the medicine cat or if they came up to her.
@Ravensong @TheNyanCatMinecart
Old July 5th, 2022, 08:07 AM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post
Willowpaw stumbled into the den with a slight limp. She had a semi-deep scratch under her eye, and deeper ones on her shoulder and torso. She didn't know exactly what to do, so she waited a moment to see if she could find one of the medicine cat or if they came up to her.
~ IVYSNAKE OF SHADOWCLAN ~

Ivysnake was searching the herb stores, thinking of how patrols had to be sent out. Elmshadow had said that he’d got it, so she hadn’t thought of sending them. If the dark-furred tom took any longer, Ivysnake would send them out herself. That was when the scent of an injured cat touched her nose. The tabby turned to find Willowpaw standing there, with some scratches on her shoulder and torso, and one under her eye. The apprentice was standing and waiting silently. Ivysnake forced back an eye roll as she padded over to her, and began sniffing her wounds.

“Where did you get these?” the medicine cat apprentice asked, not sounding like she cared much. “Here, these should be cleaned before anything is done to them.” Ivysnake began to lap at the wounds. Infection was a danger, and besides, wounds should be cleaned before anything was applied. Right? Whatever - it wasn’t like cleaning them off would do anything bad. And besides, cleaning them was a good thing. That’s what they were meant to do.

@Ravensong (In case you want Elmshadow to get involved!)

Character Creator!

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; July 5th, 2022 at 08:08 AM.
Old July 5th, 2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNyanCatMinecart View Post
~ IVYSNAKE OF SHADOWCLAN ~

Ivysnake was searching the herb stores, thinking of how patrols had to be sent out. Elmshadow had said that he’d got it, so she hadn’t thought of sending them. If the dark-furred tom took any longer, Ivysnake would send them out herself. That was when the scent of an injured cat touched her nose. The tabby turned to find Willowpaw standing there, with some scratches on her shoulder and torso, and one under her eye. The apprentice was standing and waiting silently. Ivysnake forced back an eye roll as she padded over to her, and began sniffing her wounds.

“Where did you get these?” the medicine cat apprentice asked, not sounding like she cared much. “Here, these should be cleaned before anything is done to them.” Ivysnake began to lap at the wounds. Infection was a danger, and besides, wounds should be cleaned before anything was applied. Right? Whatever - it wasn’t like cleaning them off would do anything bad. And besides, cleaning them was a good thing. That’s what they were meant to do.

@Ravensong (In case you want Elmshadow to get involved!)
Willowpaw looked at the she-cat for a moment. “Ah, fox…” she said not looking at the she-cat anymore. She didn’t why she felt shy about it, that should be something to brag about, taking on a fox with her mentor, I mean it sounds cool, but then again Willowpaw didn’t care to much for being popular. She just waited for Ivysnake to finish what she was doing.
Old July 5th, 2022, 08:54 PM
Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

Bump Policy: 0 days :D

Redheart huffed as he entered the medicine den, tired from the fighting. He stood up, not tempting to lay down on a moss bed that can be used for a cat with more important injuries than his. Not knowing what to do when inside a medicine cat's den, Redheart waited. He examined his body once more, noting many red cuts on his body -some were deeper than others- and a small, yet bigger than the cuts, fox bite on his torso.

Char Site updated (10/11/22), added Blazingpaw and Goldenkit!

During most or few roleplays, I will do a flashback that was conjured in my characters' thoughts. Please do not respond to the flashback unless you have the power to read minds or smth.

No no word
Old July 7th, 2022, 05:28 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Elmshadow**
[Hope you’re okay with me kind of combining the both of these]

Quote:
Willowpaw looked at the she-cat for a moment. “Ah, fox…” she said not looking at the she-cat anymore. She didn’t why she felt shy about it, that should be something to brag about, taking on a fox with her mentor, I mean it sounds cool, but then again Willowpaw didn’t care to much for being popular. She just waited for Ivysnake to finish what she was doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfur View Post
Redheart huffed as he entered the medicine den, tired from the fighting. He stood up, not tempting to lay down on a moss bed that can be used for a cat with more important injuries than his. Not knowing what to do when inside a medicine cat's den, Redheart waited. He examined his body once more, noting many red cuts on his body -some were deeper than others- and a small, yet bigger than the cuts, fox bite on his torso.

@TheNyanCatMinecart

The medicine cat padded through the clearing, slowing as he neared his den. He eyed Redheart as he slipped passed him into his den. The warrior looked decently beat up, clearly there for treatment. The tom sighed inwardly, but before he could address Redheart his eye was caught by Ivysnake tending to Willowpaw. Giving one accepting nod, he glanced at Redheart to invite him into the den but walked first to Ivysnake and Willowpaw. The injuries on the two cats in the den were eerily similar and it was difficult to believe they were here at the same time by coincidence. ”What happened?” He quickly looked over Willowpaw, keeping back behind Ivysnake’s work. ”We have enough marigold. I’m sure it’d be warranted here. Bite wounds can be nasty. You’ve got Willowpaw? I’ll tend to Redheart.”

Elmshadow turned away trotting to the herb stores and grabbing a couple of bundles of cobwebs, a couple poppy seeds, and the four marigold flowers, leaving a bundle, a seed, and two marigold with Ivysnake before carrying the rest to Redheart. Over his shoulder, he meowed to Ivysnake, ”Use what you need, put back what you don’t use. We’ll have to go find more marigold after this though.” He quickly got to work looking over Redheart’s wounds, listening for his explanation behind his, and he assumed Willowpaw’s, wounds. He got to work cleaning out the wounds after sliding a poppy seed in front of the warrior to help with the pain and stop any potential shock from setting in, noticing most of the wounds had stopped bleeding. He chewed up one of the marigold after sufficiently cleaning out the wounds, spreading the poultice over the bite wound on the warrior’s torso. The other wounds seemed safe enough, he hoped. He took the cobwebs and smoothed them over the deeper wounds across Redheart’s pelt to keep dirt and debris from clinging to the exposed flesh and staunch any bleeding that hadn’t yet stopped on its own. He stepped back, quickly looking over Redheart once more before looking up to meet the injured warrior’s eyes.

[ -1 cobweb -1 poppy seed -1 marigold ]

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old July 7th, 2022, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensong View Post
**Elmshadow**
[Hope you’re okay with me kind of combining the both of these]

@TheNyanCatMinecart

The medicine cat padded through the clearing, slowing as he neared his den. He eyed Redheart as he slipped passed him into his den. The warrior looked decently beat up, clearly there for treatment. The tom sighed inwardly, but before he could address Redheart his eye was caught by Ivysnake tending to Willowpaw. Giving one accepting nod, he glanced at Redheart to invite him into the den but walked first to Ivysnake and Willowpaw. The injuries on the two cats in the den were eerily similar and it was difficult to believe they were here at the same time by coincidence. ”What happened?” He quickly looked over Willowpaw, keeping back behind Ivysnake’s work. ”We have enough marigold. I’m sure it’d be warranted here. Bite wounds can be nasty. You’ve got Willowpaw? I’ll tend to Redheart.”

Elmshadow turned away trotting to the herb stores and grabbing a couple of bundles of cobwebs, a couple poppy seeds, and the four marigold flowers, leaving a bundle, a seed, and two marigold with Ivysnake before carrying the rest to Redheart. Over his shoulder, he meowed to Ivysnake, ”Use what you need, put back what you don’t use. We’ll have to go find more marigold after this though.” He quickly got to work looking over Redheart’s wounds, listening for his explanation behind his, and he assumed Willowpaw’s, wounds. He got to work cleaning out the wounds after sliding a poppy seed in front of the warrior to help with the pain and stop any potential shock from setting in, noticing most of the wounds had stopped bleeding. He chewed up one of the marigold after sufficiently cleaning out the wounds, spreading the poultice over the bite wound on the warrior’s torso. The other wounds seemed safe enough, he hoped. He took the cobwebs and smoothed them over the deeper wounds across Redheart’s pelt to keep dirt and debris from clinging to the exposed flesh and staunch any bleeding that hadn’t yet stopped on its own. He stepped back, quickly looking over Redheart once more before looking up to meet the injured warrior’s eyes.

[ -1 cobweb -1 poppy seed -1 marigold ]
Willowpaw held her tounge. She would love to offer for her and her mentor to go on an herb patrol, seen as they were the ones using up some of the herbs, but she knew better and waited until Ivysnake was done cleaning her wounds.

@TheNyanCatMinecart
@Dirtfur
Old July 8th, 2022, 08:08 PM
Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

Bump Policy: 0 days :D

Quote:
Willowpaw held her tounge. She would love to offer for her and her mentor to go on an herb patrol, seen as they were the ones using up some of the herbs, but she knew better and waited until Ivysnake was done cleaning her wounds.

@TheNyanCatMinecart
@Dirtfur
Redheart waited, silent, and made sure not to overhear the conversation between the medicine cat and her apprentice. He looked at Willowpaw and nodded in acknowledgement, smiling and proud of her. After Elmshadow seemed to be finished with the warrior’s wounds, he looked at the medicine cat’s eyes. “Thank you,” he said.

“We were attacked by a fox,” Redheart explained to Elmshadow. He also offered that he and Willowpaw could do a herb patrol for the medicine cats.

@Ravensong
@TheNyanCatMinecart

Char Site updated (10/11/22), added Blazingpaw and Goldenkit!

During most or few roleplays, I will do a flashback that was conjured in my characters' thoughts. Please do not respond to the flashback unless you have the power to read minds or smth.

No no word
Old July 9th, 2022, 06:03 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

~ IVYSNAKE OF SHADOWCLAN

One of Ivysnake’s ears twitched as Willowpaw revealed what had attacked her. A fox. Had the apprentice been frog-brained enough to attack the predator on her own, or had she been fighting with someone else? Her question was soon answered as a large ginger tom entered the medicine cats’ den. It was Redheart, Willowpaw’s mentor. He looked fairly battered, and there was a large bite on his torso. Ivysnake didn’t know for sure, but there was a good chance that it had been caused by a fox. He appeared in worse condition than his apprentice, but he didn’t look too bad off.

A flash of dark gray-and-black fur caught Ivysnake’s eye, and the now-familiar scent of Elmshadow flooded her nose. Her mentor was here. Technically, they were learning together; however, he was older and had more experience in other subjects. He nodded at her, and she nodded back. He also assured her that there was enough marigold, and said that he’d get Redheart since she was getting Willowpaw. Ivysnake flicked her tail-tip, then turned her attention back to the spotted apprentice.

”Okay,” she meowed, flicking an ear in acknowledgement as Elmshadow left her some herbs. ”The scratch under your eye isn’t too deep, so I’ll treat that last. You have some deeper scratches here; however, they aren’t too bad. I noticed you limping earlier, though. I’ll focus on the scratches for now, but afterward, I’ll try to find the source. Do any of your paws or legs hurt, or were you limping due to general exhaustion or pain?”

After she said that, Ivysnake bent down and grabbed a marigold flower. She began chewing it into a pulp, then spat it out and began to smear it on the apprentice’s scratches. Unfortunately, the flower didn’t completely cover her, so Ivysnake sliced the other one in half and used that to get the rest of them. The tiny bit of pulp which was left over went onto the small under-eye scar Willowpaw had. Afterward, she used most of the cobweb bundle to cover the rest of the white she-cat’s pelt, setting some aside in case she needed to use it for something else. Redheart offered for him and his apprentice to go on an herb patrol; Ivysnake turned toward him. ”That’s a good offer. However, we should keep an eye on your wounds. I’m not saying that you should be lazy, of course. It’s just that, if your injuries aren’t given time to heal, we might end up wasting herbs. Perhaps in the future.” She briefly glanced at Elmshadow. Sure, they were learning together, but he was technically her mentor.

@Ravensong @Dirtfur @Wintersun

Character Creator!

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old July 11th, 2022, 03:24 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:

@TheNyanCatMinecart
@Dirtfur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfur View Post
Redheart waited, silent, and made sure not to overhear the conversation between the medicine cat and her apprentice. He looked at Willowpaw and nodded in acknowledgement, smiling and proud of her. After Elmshadow seemed to be finished with the warrior’s wounds, he looked at the medicine cat’s eyes. “Thank you,” he said.

“We were attacked by a fox,” Redheart explained to Elmshadow. He also offered that he and Willowpaw could do a herb patrol for the medicine cats.

@Ravensong
@TheNyanCatMinecart
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNyanCatMinecart View Post
~ IVYSNAKE OF SHADOWCLAN

One of Ivysnake’s ears twitched as Willowpaw revealed what had attacked her. A fox. Had the apprentice been frog-brained enough to attack the predator on her own, or had she been fighting with someone else? Her question was soon answered as a large ginger tom entered the medicine cats’ den. It was Redheart, Willowpaw’s mentor. He looked fairly battered, and there was a large bite on his torso. Ivysnake didn’t know for sure, but there was a good chance that it had been caused by a fox. He appeared in worse condition than his apprentice, but he didn’t look too bad off.

A flash of dark gray-and-black fur caught Ivysnake’s eye, and the now-familiar scent of Elmshadow flooded her nose. Her mentor was here. Technically, they were learning together; however, he was older and had more experience in other subjects. He nodded at her, and she nodded back. He also assured her that there was enough marigold, and said that he’d get Redheart since she was getting Willowpaw. Ivysnake flicked her tail-tip, then turned her attention back to the spotted apprentice.

”Okay,” she meowed, flicking an ear in acknowledgement as Elmshadow left her some herbs. ”The scratch under your eye isn’t too deep, so I’ll treat that last. You have some deeper scratches here; however, they aren’t too bad. I noticed you limping earlier, though. I’ll focus on the scratches for now, but afterward, I’ll try to find the source. Do any of your paws or legs hurt, or were you limping due to general exhaustion or pain?”

After she said that, Ivysnake bent down and grabbed a marigold flower. She began chewing it into a pulp, then spat it out and began to smear it on the apprentice’s scratches. Unfortunately, the flower didn’t completely cover her, so Ivysnake sliced the other one in half and used that to get the rest of them. The tiny bit of pulp which was left over went onto the small under-eye scar Willowpaw had. Afterward, she used most of the cobweb bundle to cover the rest of the white she-cat’s pelt, setting some aside in case she needed to use it for something else. Redheart offered for him and his apprentice to go on an herb patrol; Ivysnake turned toward him. ”That’s a good offer. However, we should keep an eye on your wounds. I’m not saying that you should be lazy, of course. It’s just that, if your injuries aren’t given time to heal, we might end up wasting herbs. Perhaps in the future.” She briefly glanced at Elmshadow. Sure, they were learning together, but he was technically her mentor.

@Ravensong @Dirtfur @Wintersun

**Elmshadow**
[I apologize in advance if he comes off rough, he's a tad traumatized at the moment]

Elmshadow kept his focus on the warrior's wounds and the way he moved to make sure he hadn't missed anything. He knew all too well how easy it was for even the warrior themselves to not realize they were more injured than they originally thought. So far it appeared as though the only wounds affecting him were those that were immediately visible. He began mindlessly gathering the scattered herb parts around the den and putting them into piles, some to return to their places at the back of the den, others to be brought out and discarded. Though the explanation caught Elmshadow's attention. As fox left Redheart's mouth Elmshadow felt the den around him shift. His body stilled, his paws slightly wider apart to balance himself. He realized distantly that he must've been expected to respond to something Redheart had said when Ivysnake addressed the warrior. Herb patrols... Elmshadow tried to focus on the conversation but his mind was stuck swirling around the mention of fox in the territory. He turned on Redheart, "A fox. Where did it go? Did you not think to mention this earlier?" His pelt crawled, bristling slightly. He'd tried to track the fox down that had killed Goldenstep but it didn't seem it was in Shadowclan territory. Could this have been the same fox? No, there's no way, it's impossible. But then we have a fox problem? His throat felt dry as he shook his head.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old July 11th, 2022, 08:33 PM
Sneaky blue boi

Emberkit padded into the medicine den softly whimpering, the thorn in his left paw was not helping in the slightest, his paw was numb with pain as he looked around for Elmshadow