by BEAR.
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 08:05 AM

Old January 14th, 2024, 08:54 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: The Shadowledge

@MangofDoom @Lillith
Almost immediately after Dawnstar set Fogkit down, her mate showed up and began fawning over the hairball. Oh stars no! Dawnstar fixed Slytiger with a fierce glare that should have set the tom on fire. She swiftly pinned back her ears as he started talking about kits again, and apparently, they were adopting the RiverClan hairball. What the hell! Whhhhhyyy! Did ShadowClan not have enough orphans that he could adopt?

Granted, Slytiger made some valid points, but Dawnstar didn't want the hairball. When she asked Fogkit if she was taking him back to RiverClan, she meant she would happily drop him off in one of the other two clans if he didn't want to return. Not stay in ShadowClan! Why the hell did Slytiger want to adopt this kit anyway? Did they not just meet?

Before Dawnstar could even shut down the idea, Fogkit was speaking up in favor of staying. Alas, the leader was more or less stuck holding her tongue after that since she knew without a doubt that if she said she didn't want him now, it would result in quite a bit of heartbreak and tears. Not that it should be Dawnstar's problem, but she could sympathize with the whole abandonment thing. She didn't want to make the kit think he wasn't wanted or unloved. Dawnstar was still dealing with that trauma herself. No need to inflect that doubt on an impressionable kit.

It wasn't even Fogkit that she didn't want, he was well-mannered and easygoing enough to keep, it was more the fact that this could cause problems in the future if RiverClan ever did start sniffing around for Fogkit. ShadowClan was not being accused of kidnapping or manipulating a kit into staying here. Huffing loudly, Dawnstar's expression lost its upset edge as she dropped her eyes down to Fogkit, staring silently in thought.

Dawnstar had a lot to do and a lot to think about and just really didn't have the time nor patience to argue with the damn tiger about this, and it's not like she'd want to do this in public anyway. She bet he knew that which is why he decided to spring this on her now!

"Fine, if you want to keep him and you," She looked pointedly at Fogkit, "want to stay. We'll keep you." Dawnstar meowed, surprisingly less grouchy than expected.

"But you, Stupidflower, are in charge of helping care for him at least until he's an apprentice. I want him properly groomed and cleaned, he's coming with me to the Gathering, and you're coming to watch over him." Dawnstar told her mate. He was getting the silent treatment for at least half a moon after pulling this stunt.

"Fogkit, you're going to tell your former leader and clan yourself that you decided you wanted to stay in ShadowClan." Which is probably the only reason she wasn't as upset about this as she should have been. Humiliating RiverClan was amusing. "Welcome to the family," Dawnstar said in parting with the newest addition of her kin before retreating to her den to deal with her next set of problems.

"You stay out of my den and nest for the next half moon." She snarled over her shoulder at her mate before she disappeared into her den.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old January 14th, 2024, 10:17 PM
Bite, maim, kill...♛

Bump Policy: ✰72hrs
My Mood: Dark

|•| Vulturefang |•|

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━
The news hadn't been surprise at all, honestly it was something he expected. Eyes watching for a reaction on Dawnstars newest announcements, he was again met with what he exactly expected. More folks complaining... While he understood that it did sound a tad bit dramatic.... It was completely necessary. Those dumb ass squirrels had it coming for them.

Ragged ears twitching, he let a torn grin spread across his muzzle. Now this was going to be fun. The boss lady gave all of Shadowclan permission to harass Thunderclan across the border. This was fun... He'd be sure to send a small hunting patrol a little bit further over the border than normal. All of this new chaos would be exciting... So why not take advantage of it? And with that, the meeting wrapped up to a close. Ah, now it was time to concoct some future plans that would surely bring some drama to the table.
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

" Death is not mercurial. It's patient... unlike life."
----ϟ----
Characters

Kat, Aries, Isa, Pheas, Darl... These are my prisoners... They will never escape...
Old January 15th, 2024, 09:06 AM
Gone is not permanent.

Bump Policy: No bumping; me gone.
My Mood: Asleep

Eggpaw
He/him - 13-14 moons
By the time Dawnstar has finished her rally talk, Eggpaw was practically shaking with excitement. Normally, he wouldn't allow his emotions to get this high, or this obvious, but since the rest of the clan were also excited, it probably wouldn't stand out too much. After all, they had just received permission to do whatever they wanted to ThunderClan. How often did one hear that? It was understandable, really. Just a pity though, that to get the permission, their Medicine Cat had to lose her eyesight...

Lostspark, huh? A shame, he had always thought -with the part of him that would admit such things- that Larkfire had been a pretty cool name.

Ah well, such was life. Maybe Eggpaw would give her a visit later on, since she was adopted family and all.

A smirk played across the pale tom's lips as he watched Dawnstar scold some of the more dim-witted warriors, though it was laced with the hidden guilt and worry that she would be onto him next, when he visited her den. Well, such was the way of life. All he could do till then was pray to StarClan that she didn't exile him.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old January 15th, 2024, 09:08 AM
Moving Forward

Bump Policy: after 3 days, I've been much more active recently.
My Mood: Fanatic

Flamegaze wandered back to her den, thinking hard on what to do next.
Flamegaze|Character Finder|Random Art Shop
Old January 15th, 2024, 09:21 AM
Scuttling in the basement

Status: can i hang our favorite pictures on the walls of moss and mold?
Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Lurking

OH LORD, NO. THEY WERE GETTING A RIVERCLAN INFESTATION. Yellowpaw hoped they were actually going to dispose of Fogkit. (yellowpaw)

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3
Tracker
[/COLOR]
Old January 15th, 2024, 09:37 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Lynxshade was staring at Dawnstar, waiting for the huge dark leader to make her choice in front of a crying little kit. I wonder what happened to Riverclan... Shadowclan wouldn't abandon its kits, no matter what. But they didn't even blink... how odd. Yes, Dawnstar probably had her reasons to be angry this time, as well. But how could they turn their back on Fogkit, if the kit himself decided to remain here?

"Welcome, little Fogkit". she whispered from her seat, locking her gaze with his in hope that he would read her lips.
Dawnstar acted all grouchy and dark, but she was actually reasonable and maybe even had... pity. Another weird thought, oh. That was a strange day.

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has a semi-closed den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old January 15th, 2024, 12:21 PM
brain dead

Bump Policy: 24 hours (literally whenever idc)
My Mood: Busy

HAWKGROWL

Hawkgrowl immediately shut up as he saw the looks of horror on the cats around him. Quickly he realized his mistake. He had gotten too caught up in the moment. His first reaction was to defend himself, protect himself from the dangers to come. "Wha..well, what I meant was...I-I didn't mean that...it was j-just a suggestion," the black tom stammered, stepping backwards and shivering. So many cats. And all of them were looking at him. His next reaction was anger, but it only lasted so little. His fur bristled and his claws slid out in instinct as he noticed several cats glaring at him and stalking slowly towards him, mirror versions of what he was sure he looked like currently. Soon, his anger faded, and another feeling took over. One that was much, much worse.

It would have been better for everyone if he kept his stupid, stupid trap shut. Then came the accusations, the threats, the insults. He dropped his head, the large, usually intimidating cat entirely ashamed of himself. He tried to ignore the insults that followed, and they came from everywhere, even kits. Hawkgrowl shut his eyes, trying to stop the tears that followed. He had spent his entire life devoted to protect his sister, and sometimes the pressure made him do questionable things. It was no more obvious than it was now, and right now, he wanted to rid himself of everything, his stupid brain, his hideous hide, and his disgusting heart. His sister never appreciated all the hard work he did, and neither did anyone in this clan. No, they'd rather see him as a shame to his clan.

Well, maybe that's what he was. Nothing but a disappointment. A failure. A mistake. He continued to cast his so-called "worthless" head down in shame and tried to ignore the many glares shot at him by several other cats. His "pea-sized brain" had stopped working after conducting that "feeble and decietful" plan and was now blank. His throat got dry at the idea of deathberries being shoved down his throat and he shivered once more. Dancingkit was right for calling him as dumb as a pinecone. He really had no business being a part of shadowclan. Part of him wanted to run away and never, ever come back. He'd bet that not a single cat in the entire clan would miss him. He sniffed, continuing to fight the tears. What a mess! A full-grown cat, sobbing! Serves him right! He dug his head into the ground, trying to drown out the noises. They were so loud...Hawk"coward" bit his tongue, ignoring the pain. A small voice told him that the pain was good, he deserved to feel it...But...if he was gone...who would protect Softpaw then? Not that he had been doing much protecting recently. He was certain that Softpaw hated him for what he said. She must have despised him. The still-shivering large tom stood up, digging his head out of the ground, but still kept his head lowered. Mister "dung-for-brains" staggered away, fresh tears streaming down his face. He stumbled into the woods. He took one last pause, looking back at the bodies of the cats. He sighed, going into the woods. A hunt would clear his head. And maybe some cats wouldn't think he'd be such a useless piece of dung after all. Maybe, if he was lucky, he'd get taken out by a badger or something...

@Undertaker @vampire @Micanomancy @Wingnettle - mentioned those who directly replied
Credit to the one and only @Cinnamon~
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!

Last edited by Sleek; January 15th, 2024 at 12:26 PM.
Old January 15th, 2024, 03:24 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Petalcrash watched in interested horror as Dawnstar... Adopted the little slug. Oh how disappointing, their leader must have gone soft. Side eyeing Slytiger as the tortie point slunk away, she lashed her tail with a small smirk. She was never let anyone, especially some tomcat humiliate her like that, much less some snot nosed child. Petalcrash would give the kid back to the hawk that brought it to them, personally. Oh well. Not everyone was as intelligent or string as her, though. She shouldn't expect actions from her level if awesomeness from others that were so far below her.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old January 15th, 2024, 05:46 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Inactive | Just a Scratch - Inactive | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

So... Silverlark was many things. Loud. Cheery. Happy-go-lucky. Hard working. Focused. Strong. Smart? Not so much. He knews this, of course. Hazelkit had always been the brains between the two of 'em. He didn't mind, either. He was happy with his lot in life. Well... usually was, in any case. It had been hard to be super, duper cheerful this moon. What with everything that was going on. All of his family dying, and friends following soon after. He could only hope that his remaining friends were strong enough to not be killed by them ThunderClan bullies, which to be fair, he was sure they were more than strong enough! They were enforcers, for stars' sake! So... if he was aware of this one incredible flaw of his... why was he feeling like most ShadowClanners around him had fluff in their brains during this meeting?

Not everyone, obviously. Whisk here obviously had a head on her shoulders. See? One mistake don't mean that cat is to be looked down on. Just a mistake! Whisk was still saying things like they were, mmmhmm. Unfortunately, it seemed Whisk was the novelty here. The odd one out? There were others, of course. Lynxie was fine. Talking sense and stuff. Being a good mentor overall. But then there were the others... Cats like Silentraven, Brokentalon, and Wolftooth just... leaving the meeting to make their way to the leader's den? While Dawnstar was talking? Um... rude much! That wasn't very nice. You should always wait until the leader was done with the meeting before you left. Otherwise you were making it clear whatever you wanted was more important than clan business, and that made you a hella sus clanmate, mmhmmm. Not very reliable if you are openly showing how little you care.

It was even more unfortunate, however, that these signs of rudeness were like... the smallest of infractions here? Because... had cats just not heard what Dawnstar had said? Look. Silverlark was reasonable. He could understand why some cats weren't too keen on trespassing on ThunderClan land. Because! Because look... Not every ThunderClan cat was a murderous, awful, no good rat. And if you trespassed and they attacked? Well... they were just doing their job. No honor there. It was you who was in the wrong for just wanting to be a bother, yeah? Yeah. But at the same time? He gots why Dawnstar gave the order. Or... it wasn't even no order. Not really. That was the beauty of it, yeah? Yeah! It was more of a restriction being lifted. You wanna go cause some trouble? Go right 'head. Just don't be a mouse brain and use your head about it. And if you don't wanna do it? If you just want to keep ShadowClan safe and stick to killing the rats that stray too close to your side of the border? Well, that's okay too!

So then why were so many cats losing their collective minds over this? Like, what in the world was Dovedance talking 'bout? Apprentices ignoring the borders? Wha'? Apprentices couldn't even leave the camp alone. Were... were warriors not aware of this? Not once during his apprenticeship had he been allowed outside alone, even when he had been turned into a guard. Before his enforcer days. Not even Dogskull had been allowed out, and he was a guard and the medicine cat's son! But then it seemed Dovedance wasn't the only cat who didn't pay attention to the rules of the clan? Because like... Silentraven was back? To whine? About things that weren't even a problem in the first place? Because um... Littlepaw wasn't about to be going out there alone to hunt without supervision? And if he couldn't fight, he had to stay clear of the border. Seriously, had they not listened?!

Silverlark's impressed face at just how moss headed his clanmates could be soon faded, however, as one of the clan's warriors spoke out, drawing an ire filled snarl onto his face. Verdant hues flashed dangerously at Hawkgrowl, and for a moment he loathed that this nobody - because that was what he had turned into the moment he had opened his worthless maw to speak what he had dared utter - shared a name with his friend Hawkbite. Tarnishing the good name of Hawk... hmph! How sick and twisted did you have to be to want to hurt kits? Kits! This tom was awful, and it made him ashamed to call him a ShadowClanner! Gratefully, his clanmates all seemed to agree, and even a little kit decided to chirp in before the enforcer had a chance to speak out... which was probably a good thing, because words weren't his thing. Probably would have given Hawkgrowl a good ol' one two right on his nose.

There was, of course, more displays of cats who were only half listening. What with Nightstalker suggesting they poison ThunderClan... you know... just like Dawnstar had said they wouldn't do. What a bunch of bog water. Seriously... If Dawnstar had been in a bad mood before this meeting had started, she was going to be even more furious now. Gratefully, the leader kept far more composed than he probably would have in her place - that's why he left the big thinky thinking parts to the boss, heh heh - and shut down all the dumb talk before dismissing the meeting, letting the stocky warrior let go of a sigh of relief. This meeting had gotten tense, yo. Didn't want to hang around for too much longer. Kept up any more and he might be having to stop a fight among his own clanmates. Or at least the moss headed ones.

"That was some meeting, eh?" Silverlark mewed, staring wide eyed at Whisk before turning to Squirrelpaw, an encouraging, admittedly playful grin replacing his snarl as he got up. "Lucky you, though. Gots a mentor that's already making plans, eh? Might be smart to tag along and learn how to fix up walls and nests. Too many lazy warriors and apprentices going round. Moss heads thinkin' huntin' and fightin' is all there is, yeah? Whisk knows what it's about though. Hey! Hey! Whisk. You need some helps later, ya give me a yowl, ya hear? Once you done with your chores and stuff. Catch ya both laters, yeah?"

@Micanomancy [Mistlewhisker] | @furrensic [Squirrelpaw]
Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan
she/her | 36 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and pale green eyes, one gouged out]
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Mistlewhisker couldn't help the grin that tugged on her lips as Silverlark chatted with Squirrelpaw, the praise sent her way something she wasn't used to. As he got up and stretched, Mistlewhisker dipped her head out of respect for the younger tom. "I appreciate the offer for help." She meowed. "I am looking forward to that sparring session, once the half-moon is up." She bid him a farewell and rolled her shoulders, ready to begin her chores assigned by Dawnstar, when she noticed a certain cat slipping away out of the corner of her eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleek View Post
HAWKGROWL

Hawkgrowl immediately shut up as he saw the looks of horror on the cats around him. Quickly he realized his mistake. He had gotten too caught up in the moment. His first reaction was to defend himself, protect himself from the dangers to come. "Wha..well, what I meant was...I-I didn't mean that...it was j-just a suggestion," the black tom stammered, stepping backwards and shivering. So many cats. And all of them were looking at him. His next reaction was anger, but it only lasted so little. His fur bristled and his claws slid out in instinct as he noticed several cats glaring at him and stalking slowly towards him, mirror versions of what he was sure he looked like currently. Soon, his anger faded, and another feeling took over. One that was much, much worse.

It would have been better for everyone if he kept his stupid, stupid trap shut. Then came the accusations, the threats, the insults. He dropped his head, the large, usually intimidating cat entirely ashamed of himself. He tried to ignore the insults that followed, and they came from everywhere, even kits. Hawkgrowl shut his eyes, trying to stop the tears that followed. He had spent his entire life devoted to protect his sister, and sometimes the pressure made him do questionable things. It was no more obvious than it was now, and right now, he wanted to rid himself of everything, his stupid brain, his hideous hide, and his disgusting heart. His sister never appreciated all the hard work he did, and neither did anyone in this clan. No, they'd rather see him as a shame to his clan.

Well, maybe that's what he was. Nothing but a disappointment. A failure. A mistake. He continued to cast his so-called "worthless" head down in shame and tried to ignore the many glares shot at him by several other cats. His "pea-sized brain" had stopped working after conducting that "feeble and decietful" plan and was now blank. His throat got dry at the idea of deathberries being shoved down his throat and he shivered once more. Dancingkit was right for calling him as dumb as a pinecone. He really had no business being a part of shadowclan. Part of him wanted to run away and never, ever come back. He'd bet that not a single cat in the entire clan would miss him. He sniffed, continuing to fight the tears. What a mess! A full-grown cat, sobbing! Serves him right! He dug his head into the ground, trying to drown out the noises. They were so loud...Hawk"coward" bit his tongue, ignoring the pain. A small voice told him that the pain was good, he deserved to feel it...But...if he was gone...who would protect Softpaw then? Not that he had been doing much protecting recently. He was certain that Softpaw hated him for what he said. She must have despised him. The still-shivering large tom stood up, digging his head out of the ground, but still kept his head lowered. Mister "dung-for-brains" staggered away, fresh tears streaming down his face. He stumbled into the woods. He took one last pause, looking back at the bodies of the cats. He sighed, going into the woods. A hunt would clear his head. And maybe some cats wouldn't think he'd be such a useless piece of dung after all. Maybe, if he was lucky, he'd get taken out by a badger or something...

@Undertaker @vampire @Micanomancy @Wingnettle - mentioned those who directly replied
When Hawkgrowl made for the camp entrance, Mistlewhisker followed him and caught him just as he was about to leave. She met his gaze with her one pale eye, staring him down. "Remember this event next time you speak without thinking." She meowed, but it wasn't unkind. "This clan has no place for kit-killers, but you don't strike me as one. Do better." With that, she returned to her apprentice.

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig art by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old January 16th, 2024, 05:32 PM
I am a real person.

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Stressed

Cryingelk(9/100)

Cryingelk paced around, his tail flicking nervously. 'I came here to avoid battles and violence.. But there's some here too.' He thought, his claws scratching the ground as he paced and paced.

[Closed]

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
A New Dawn