Today 09:34 PM

Old September 17th, 2019, 12:09 AM
--

My Mood: Asleep
Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post
@TitaniumCat @Spider-Leap

Snowfrost could tell Greythrush was growing impatience with Elfinpaw, although the apprentice was oblivious to that fact. She wasn't certain if the tom had no patience for younglings or something else was bothering him. She did her best not quell on the matter since it wasn't doing any harm to anyone. There were umpteenth things right now in Shadowclan's everyday life that was affecting them all. The alluring warrior had Elfinpaw stand by her silently, for the time being, promising to answer her questions later.

She turned her piercing gaze back to Weaseljaw when he answered her. She grimaced internally as she recalled the soot on the trees, that she hadn't thought of. Maybe brushing off Greythrush's earlier concerns hadn't been the best idea. There was no point in protesting now considering the tom was already making his way up a tree. She tipped her head back and watched him with a nervous lump in her throat, visibility relaxing once the tom had all four paws back on the darkened ground.

"Well done." She praised him once he finished reporting his findings. The pretty feline looked in the direction he indicated, growing delighted with the idea of a nest. "If it is a nest, one of us could scare them out while the other three focus on the hunting," Snowfrost suggested, that way they could catch more prey. Her brilliant blue eyes danced between Greythrush and Weaseljaw, waiting to see if either one of them had any opinions on the matter.

Greythrush glanced at the ground, his expression was sad.
Old September 17th, 2019, 01:10 PM
Gears Grind in My Mind

My Mood: Sad

He had lost his way. Icewhisper snarled angrily, his paws covered in nasty soot. He had lost his way; the cause of his terrible mood. He usually never lost where he was going. Yet here he was, trudging through soot from the burned fire.
The fire's origins were not known by Icewhisper, but if he could create fire, he would have set off the whole forest. Icewhisper quickened his speed, since his paws were beginning to sting from the hot, smoky ash. Those Clans.... he was seriously thinking about joining them. But no. They were either vicious killers or softhearted Twoleg fatties. And this cat wouldn't accept either of them. He wanted a strong Clan and wouldn't kill him on the spot, but were powerful hunters and fighters. As far as Icewhisper knew, there was no such Clan.

Last edited by TitaniumCat; September 17th, 2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old September 17th, 2019, 03:14 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyfeline View Post
(Hope this is fine I wanted to wait till everyone had a chance to post at least once)
@Dust @Moonraven @Bliss Girl

Creeping through unfamiliar territory Cerulean found herself hunting. This place had other scents of cats but they weren't too fresh. If there were cats she didn't really care, it wasn't her problem if they didn't keep their territory in check. It was sad really. Cats could be so stupid sometimes.
Keeping low the calico made her way through the marsh land checking the air everyone few heartbeats. This land seemed to have a good amount if prey. Mice, birds, squirrels and even a rabbit sometimes. Though it seemed their were quite a few lizards, toads and frogs her to.
Catching the scent of a squirrel Cerulean followed it making sure to watch were she stepped. A single miss step and she could scare away the mammal.
Slowly but steadily the molly got closer and closer to the squirrel until finally she stopped. She was one jump away from a meal. Shifting her paws into a good jumping pose the calico paused a second. Wait for it... Once it's back was turned Cerulean lunches herself at the the rodent, pinning it and giving it a quick nip on the back of the neck, she killed it. The savory test of blood trickled on to her tongue causing her to kick her lips. A good catch. The molly told herself picking up her prey and heading away.

It didn't take long for the loner, or was she a rouge now? To catch the scent of other cats near by but it seemed the had already found her scent. Stopping in a place were she could get a good view of the group of cats Cerulean wasn't to happy that they held the same scents the markets had. This isn't good. Deciding to try and go behind them the blue eyes feline headed away trying to keep a good pace while watching out for the other cats
Snap!
Cerulean froze her paw still on the twig that she had just stepped on. Squirrel still between her jaws she looked back for the cats that had to of heard her. They'd be on her tail quicker them she could react.
Letting out a huff she decided it'd be best to just gave the patrol. Besides it might prove fun to fight some cat as long as it didn't turn out like last time. Sitting down her prey she turned around and lifted her tail.
[I'm fine with it.] @Dust @Bliss Girl, @CasperCreates

Whiteshadow moved with a silent kind of confidence as he trailed after the she-cats. He glanced at Cherry as she spoke about merely challenging Riverclan. She made it sound so easy. If only that were so. Whiteshadow had more or less agree with Windystar's approach with avoiding any bloodshed, only the mad and dark loved to spill unneeded blood. However, recent incidents coupled with that particular deputy's attitude towards Shadowclan was shifting him to a more proactive view. Frontal attacks were never and he doubted would ever be Shadowclan's style, the cover of darkness and ambushes, tricks, and cunningness was what made Shadowclan unique compared to the other clans.
Once everything in Shadowclan was settled and leadership was restored, it would be wise to remind Riverclan that numbers don't always mean power. He was still slightly troubled with the fact that Starclan had allowed Skyclan to join with Riverclan, upsetting the delicate balance of the clans. The tom pushed the troubling thought to the side, eyes watching Owlfeather as she hunted and then swerved over to Snowfrost as the molly stopped moved completely, allowing him to bypass her.

Snowfrost had one front paw raised, having stopped in mid-step, ears rammed straight and her head turned to the left, eyes staring intently at something. Her pink nose twitched as she breathed in the scents around her. Even her tail remained still as a stone until Owlfeather's comment caught her attention. She set the paw hanging in the air down, acknowledging the older warrior's words without looking at her. The noise that resonated rather loudly had the she-cat moving without consciously thinking about it. "I'm going to check that out." She meowed, although was expecting the rest or some of the patrol to follow.
It didn't take long nor was it all that hard to find the foreign scent mixed with the smell of fresh blood. To her amazement, she found a strange she-cat standing, as if waiting for them, the bushy tail of a dead squirrel behind her. Snowfrost easily unsheathed her claws, though her fur remained unbristled, as she stepped forward to confront the cat. "You don't belong here, and that belongs to my clan." Snowfrost clear azure eyes flickered to the dead prey and then back to the she-cat. "Considering that you're just standing around, I'm assuming your asking for some claw marks as souvenirs before removing yourself from our territory." She meowed calmly, tail lashing in big aggravated strokes.

Last edited by Moonraven; September 17th, 2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old September 18th, 2019, 12:02 AM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

[OPEN]

Jojo stretched and stepped into ShadowClan territory with a yawn. The rogue had been scouting out the territory and the Clan for a while now, but she hadn't actually gone in for a little exploration yet. The tall she-cat looked around, utterly bored, and made her way towards where she believed the camp was. The forest around her reeked of the piney ShadowClan scent, but none of them were very recent. She continued to trudge forward, hoping she would meet a Clan cat. The air stung with the faint scent of smoke, but it seemed to be coming from deeper in the forest, far enough away that it wouldn't be a problem to her. Maybe she could use what she assumed to be a forest fire as an excuse to check out the territory.

((Finally posting my rogue infiltrating ShadowClan... didn't know when this started. Open to ShadowClan cats))

Last edited by Freesia; September 18th, 2019 at 12:05 AM.
Old September 18th, 2019, 09:08 AM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
[OPEN]

Jojo stretched and stepped into ShadowClan territory with a yawn. The rogue had been scouting out the territory and the Clan for a while now, but she hadn't actually gone in for a little exploration yet. The tall she-cat looked around, utterly bored, and made her way towards where she believed the camp was. The forest around her reeked of the piney ShadowClan scent, but none of them were very recent. She continued to trudge forward, hoping she would meet a Clan cat. The air stung with the faint scent of smoke, but it seemed to be coming from deeper in the forest, far enough away that it wouldn't be a problem to her. Maybe she could use what she assumed to be a forest fire as an excuse to check out the territory.

((Finally posting my rogue infiltrating ShadowClan... didn't know when this started. Open to ShadowClan cats))
she was dying of boredom. duskblossom was walking around the territory, trying to clear her head and find something to entertain herself calmly. nothing was really working, and she blinked a few times to make sure she wasn't hallucinating once she scented an unfamiliar cat. perhaps her nose was messing with her. it was probably the smoke! she might've inhaled so much smoke it was messing with her mind, but duskblossom didn't think that was the case. no, it wasn't very likely. that being said, the scent didn't smell very clan-like. "hello?" duskblossom said in a curious voice, glancing around intently to find the stranger. she spotted a glimpse of fur, but it disappeared. "who are you?" the female inquired, her tail flickering around dangerously. was she being ambushed? a thousand thoughts raced through her mind, but her paws did no such thing. they stood paralyzed in place as her ear twitched, looking around for the cause of the scent as a light breeze rustled through her gray fur.
i’m smiling too”

---

Last edited by panchiko; September 18th, 2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old September 18th, 2019, 12:21 PM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope View Post

she was dying of boredom. duskblossom was walking around the territory, trying to clear her head and find something to entertain herself calmly. nothing was really working, and she blinked a few times to make sure she wasn't hallucinating once she scented an unfamiliar cat. perhaps her nose was messing with her. it was probably the smoke! she might've inhaled so much smoke it was messing with her mind, but duskblossom didn't think that was the case. no, it wasn't very likely. that being said, the scent didn't smell very clan-like. "hello?" duskblossom said in a curious voice, glancing around intently to find the stranger. she spotted a glimpse of fur, but it disappeared. "who are you?" the female inquired, her tail flickering around dangerously. was she being ambushed? a thousand thoughts raced through her mind, but her paws did no such thing. they stood paralyzed in place as her ear twitched, looking around for the cause of the scent as a light breeze rustled through her gray fur.
Jojo smelled the other cat before she heard them. The scent was just like the stale trails she'd smelled earlier. Must one of the wild cats, then! she thought. She made her way towards the voice slowly. She finally caught sight of the cat the voice belonged to--a fluffy gray she-cat that was a good bit smaller than the rogue. With a small sneer, the rogue crept around the she-cat until she was behind her. Then, putting on a fake-worried expression, she stepped out and cooed, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to trespass! My name is Jojo, I'm a house cat. I was passing by when a fire came and I was forced to escape into your territory. Now I'm lost and hungry..." She faked a cough to sell the act. Despite her many scars and large stature, Jojo could make herself look like a harmless kittypet, and the red collar she still wore definitely helped her case.
Old September 18th, 2019, 02:01 PM
Gears Grind in My Mind

My Mood: Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post
[I'm fine with it.] @Dust @Bliss Girl, @CasperCreates

Whiteshadow moved with a silent kind of confidence as he trailed after the she-cats. He glanced at Cherry as she spoke about merely challenging Riverclan. She made it sound so easy. If only that were so. Whiteshadow had more or less agree with Windystar's approach with avoiding any bloodshed, only the mad and dark loved to spill unneeded blood. However, recent incidents coupled with that particular deputy's attitude towards Shadowclan was shifting him to a more proactive view. Frontal attacks were never and he doubted would ever be Shadowclan's style, the cover of darkness and ambushes, tricks, and cunningness was what made Shadowclan unique compared to the other clans.
Once everything in Shadowclan was settled and leadership was restored, it would be wise to remind Riverclan that numbers don't always mean power. He was still slightly troubled with the fact that Starclan had allowed Skyclan to join with Riverclan, upsetting the delicate balance of the clans. The tom pushed the troubling thought to the side, eyes watching Owlfeather as she hunted and then swerved over to Snowfrost as the molly stopped moved completely, allowing him to bypass her.

Snowfrost had one front paw raised, having stopped in mid-step, ears rammed straight and her head turned to the left, eyes staring intently at something. Her pink nose twitched as she breathed in the scents around her. Even her tail remained still as a stone until Owlfeather's comment caught her attention. She set the paw hanging in the air down, acknowledging the older warrior's words without looking at her. The noise that resonated rather loudly had the she-cat moving without consciously thinking about it. "I'm going to check that out." She meowed, although was expecting the rest or some of the patrol to follow.
It didn't take long nor was it all that hard to find the foreign scent mixed with the smell of fresh blood. To her amazement, she found a strange she-cat standing, as if waiting for them, the bushy tail of a dead squirrel behind her. Snowfrost easily unsheathed her claws, though her fur remained unbristled, as she stepped forward to confront the cat. "You don't belong here, and that belongs to my clan." Snowfrost clear azure eyes flickered to the dead prey and then back to the she-cat. "Considering that you're just standing around, I'm assuming your asking for some claw marks as souvenirs before removing yourself from our territory." She meowed calmly, tail lashing in big aggravated strokes.
Icewhisper had gone no more than two paw steps through Shadowclan territory. Then had he ran into a group of cats with a bloody kittypet in their way. This Kitty had fresh-kill at her paws, and Icewhisper snarled deeply. Why should the kittypet get prey?! He'd lived here his whole life!

Knowing it was disgracing cover, Icewhisper stepped out of the shadows, his torn white fur easy to spot now that he was in the light. All the cats in the clearing turned as his baleful ice blue eye stared over each of the cats. He was the type of cat that thought before he acted.

He took on his fake voice, instead of his real voice. His fake voice was high-pitched but clearly male with a twinge of a ghostly whisper around it. Icewhisper often used it to intimidate cats that didn't know he was there. "Well, hello there, my sweets. I believe that a tussle like yours might end far worse, if you don't, perhaps, turn over that succulent piece of meat? I'm SURE there's enough for everyone."

Icewhisper was doing this to get on the cats' nerves. He knew they liked fighting over prey, and he was using the ploy and fake with a charming twinge on his voice to throw off their guard.

The tom threw on a charming voice like a traitor's mock sympathy."But, surely, you WARRIOR cats don't want a skirmish with me, I'm FAR to sly. Perhaps, though, you should shred the kittypet? After all, she is the one who's taking your prey in the first place. Then again, face it. What kind of kittypet can hunt? Not any REAL ones, huh." He smiled, knowing he had hit a nerve. The kittypet had a collar, but, again, no real kittypets can hunt. This she-cat was probably a runaway kittypet, stealing prey and pretending to be a kittypet. Well, even if that's true, it don't even matter. My ploy is for the meat. And to spread rumors and lies.
Old September 18th, 2019, 02:39 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

@Dirtfur

It was a clear day; the warm greenleaf sun was beginning to mix with cool leaf-fall breezes. The seasons were soon to change, and Owlfeather looked forward to the crunching of brown leaves mixed in with the pine needles. All of the brown and orange that came with leaf-fall surely put ShadowClan at a slight advantage, as their mottled pelts blended well with their surroundings.

Another day, another patrol. The clan had to eat. She gazed around the clearing looking for able-bodied cats.
"Leaftail," She called out once she saw the slender she-cat passing by. "Why don't you and Redpaw accompany me on a hunting patrol? It might be good for you both." She wanted to encourage Leaftail, as she knew the young warrior wasn't always as confident as she could be, and she tended to be too hard on herself.

That made three, but the tortoiseshell she-cat wanted one more for the patrol. Safety in numbers was important, with all of the disputes flying around. Unfortunately for her, the next cat she saw wasn't one she particularly wanted to patrol with.

------------

Iceheart had noticed the old hag barking orders around, and as much as she hated her, she did want to go out hunting. She had thought of just going out on her own, thinking she could handle herself just fine, but decided against it. I could take on an entire RiverClan patrol by myself; just let them try and pick a fight with me, she thought maliciously. With a lash of her tail, she strode confidently over to the gathered patrol.

"Would you like to join us?" Owlfeather spoke coldly to the huge she-cat. The old cat wanted this bully to know that she was not intimidated by her. This seemed to be what drove Iceheart absolutely nuts.

"Sure, I've got nothing better to do," Iceheart rasped with a shrug. Her bright orange eyes glinted with judgement as she eyed the other two cats up and down. They were small. Puny. Skittish. Not worth her time. She'd probably branch of from the patrol after a while, not wanting these lizard-brains to slow her down.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old September 18th, 2019, 03:13 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumCat View Post
Icewhisper had gone no more than two paw steps through Shadowclan territory. Then had he ran into a group of cats with a bloody kittypet in their way. This Kitty had fresh-kill at her paws, and Icewhisper snarled deeply. Why should the kittypet get prey?! He'd lived here his whole life!

Knowing it was disgracing cover, Icewhisper stepped out of the shadows, his torn white fur easy to spot now that he was in the light. All the cats in the clearing turned as his baleful ice blue eye stared over each of the cats. He was the type of cat that thought before he acted.

He took on his fake voice, instead of his real voice. His fake voice was high-pitched but clearly male with a twinge of a ghostly whisper around it. Icewhisper often used it to intimidate cats that didn't know he was there. "Well, hello there, my sweets. I believe that a tussle like yours might end far worse, if you don't, perhaps, turn over that succulent piece of meat? I'm SURE there's enough for everyone."

Icewhisper was doing this to get on the cats' nerves. He knew they liked fighting over prey, and he was using the ploy and fake with a charming twinge on his voice to throw off their guard.

The tom threw on a charming voice like a traitor's mock sympathy."But, surely, you WARRIOR cats don't want a skirmish with me, I'm FAR to sly. Perhaps, though, you should shred the kittypet? After all, she is the one who's taking your prey in the first place. Then again, face it. What kind of kittypet can hunt? Not any REAL ones, huh." He smiled, knowing he had hit a nerve. The kittypet had a collar, but, again, no real kittypets can hunt. This she-cat was probably a runaway kittypet, stealing prey and pretending to be a kittypet. Well, even if that's true, it don't even matter. My ploy is for the meat. And to spread rumors and lies.
@Dust @Bliss Girl @Moonraven @Fuzzyfeline

Owlfeather hissed in surprise as she spotted the prey-stealer with the squirrel in her mouth, and her fur really started to bristle when a second unknown cat stepped out of the shadows. She'd be lying if she said his cold, icy blue glare didn't ruffle her fur the wrong way. He looked like he hadn't groomed himself in a moon, and the way he spoke sounded like he must not converse with other cats often.

"Who are you, and why are you in our territory?" The old tortoiseshell growled ferociously, unsheathing her claws and kneading them in the soft, needle-strewn dirt. She looked to her patrol, pleased to see them at alert, and she nodded to Snowfrost as the other cat confronted their enemies.
"You have put yourselves in a dangerous position. If you have no backup, you stand no chance against our patrol. Now get lost, or we'll shred you!"

"Oh, but they do have backup," Spoke a gruff voice from behind the rogues. A large, mottled-brown tom and a wiry black-and-white cat stepped up beside them. The brown tabby surveyed both Cerulean and Icewhisper, gathering what information he could from their expressions and stature. He wasn't familiar with them, but he had seen them around. He did know that Icewhisper was loyal to no clan, and would likely fight on his side if it came down to it. The stranger didn't even know if this messy white cat was even on the side of the kittypet or not. Where exactly did he stand?

"Don't think we don't know about your little predicament. Word spreads fast around these woods--about as fast as a fire spreads, don't you think?" He sneered as he let his words jab into the clan cats. "We know you're in no position to be able to defend yourself. So why don't you let these nice cats have a bit of your share, hmm? What's your other option? I don't think that we would be the ones to get shredded."
He gazed at Cerulean and Icewhisper once more, hoping to get them on his side. After all, what cat would refuse an offer for free food and territory?

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!

Last edited by pidgeon; September 18th, 2019 at 03:16 PM.
Old September 18th, 2019, 04:02 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumCat View Post
Weaseljaw nodded at Snowfrost's mention. "That sounds like a wonderful idea. However, we should be careful. The mouse was pretty scared to begin with, at the speed it was running. Tread lightly." Meanwhile, as he was voicing this, a thought occured in his head. What if I could become the new deputy? Nah. He shook away the silly idea. He was the youngest of the senior warriors, and he had been the one to mention the outrageous idea of hunting near Riverclan. But maybe, I could become deputy. Just maybe.
He began padding silently toward the weeds, and stopped about a cat-length away. He could hear the muffled sounds of small squeaking. Yes! He motioned with his tail for the others to follow, grinning with success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Leap View Post

Greythrush glanced at the ground, his expression was sad.
Snowfrost waved her tail as she heard the Weaseljaw's words, minding them silently while allowing her eyes to look over to Greythrush. He seemed somewhat out of it, she couldn't figure out why he seemed so depressed though. Right now they needed to focus on hunting, every bit of prey they caught would help fill the belly of a clanmate. "Greythrush." She called to the tom rather gently. "Come on." She used the tip of her tail to lightly brush it across the tom's ear as she trailed after Weaseljaw as he moved ahead of them. She was going to suggest that he wait until the rest of them got into position to scare the mice out, but it seemed he was just listening. "Greythrush, Elfinpaw, why don't we circle around the bush. We can cover more ground and more mice that way." Snowfrost advised, lowering her body into a well-practiced hunting crouch as she drifted away from where Weaseljaw stood and to the other side of the shrubbery. Elfinpaw stepped away from Snowfrost, moving further away from the two warriors to cover her own spot. She kept a good handful of tail lengths away from the charred shrubbery and waited for the others to make their move.