Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
WindClan Medicine Cat's Den
by Ian
Last post by Alchemist Kitsune
Today 12:18 AM
Tigerpaw training!
Last post by KestrelPaw
Today 12:07 AM
I'm back :)
Last post by KestrelPaw
Today 12:01 AM
ThunderClan Leader's Den
by dino.
Last post by Starfall
Yesterday 11:58 PM
The secret domain of...
Last post by KestrelPaw
Yesterday 11:52 PM

Old June 14th, 2022, 12:24 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

~ IVYSNAKE OF SHADOWCLAN ~

Ivysnake watched Mistkit, taking note of Elmshadow's nod. Ebonyfang had taught them about infection. Ivysnake didn't know a lot about it - she had never seen or experienced an infected wound - but maybe swelling related to infection. The black-striped tabby stepped forward, scanning Mistkit up and down, and listening as Elmshadow spoke. Ivysnake nodded, keeping the information he was giving her in mind. Okay, so swelling could happen regardless of infection. Ivysnake turned toward the gray-blue she-kit as she began to speak, and tried not to roll her eyes. Why would Mistkit have done anything wrong? Where had she made that assumption? Luckily, Elmshadow assured the kit, then instructed her to get some herbs.

Ivysnake nodded, and quickly hurried over to the area of the den where the herbs were stored. She grabbed half a poppy seed, then obtained one marigold flower. Finally, she got a wad of cobwebs, then made her way back to Elmshadow. She pawed it over to Elmshadow. "Is there anything else I should do?" she asked.

@Ravensong (-half poppy seed, -1 marigold, -1 cobweb) @lonely.lilyx

As soon as Elmshadow spoke, Ivysnake nodded. She didn't give a rat's tail about Poisonpetal, but as a medicine cat in-training, she had to work as hard as she could to save the bloody warrior's life - without doing anything stupid, of course. Ivysnake put the marigolds down, making sure that they were close by but not close enough to get soaked in blood, then crouched down beside Elmshadow. She scanned Poisonpetal, but the warrior's calico pelt was too thickly coated in a layer of dark red for her to find where the wound might be coming from. Quickly, Ivysnake grabbed some moss, and began sopping up the blood, being careful not to push too hard, but making sure to put on some pressure. Whenever she wiped an area clean, more blood rushed to take its place. Ivysnake gritted her teeth in concentration.

"Whenever I wipe something up, there's just more blood," she growled. "I'll keep looking, but at this point, I doubt she'll make it." Ivysnake knew enough to know that the amount of blood the warrior was losing was fatal, but she didn't stop sopping up the thick red liquid with the moss, trying to find a source.

@/Ravensong @WillowBlows12

Character Creator!

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old June 18th, 2022, 10:03 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely.lilyx View Post
Huh. She'd done something right? She flinched, feeling the tom groom her leg, staying as still as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNyanCatMinecart View Post

Ivysnake watched Mistkit, taking note of Elmshadow's nod. Ebonyfang had taught them about infection. Ivysnake didn't know a lot about it - she had never seen or experienced an infected wound - but maybe swelling related to infection. The black-striped tabby stepped forward, scanning Mistkit up and down, and listening as Elmshadow spoke. Ivysnake nodded, keeping the information he was giving her in mind. Okay, so swelling could happen regardless of infection. Ivysnake turned toward the gray-blue she-kit as she began to speak, and tried not to roll her eyes. Why would Mistkit have done anything wrong? Where had she made that assumption? Luckily, Elmshadow assured the kit, then instructed her to get some herbs.

Ivysnake nodded, and quickly hurried over to the area of the den where the herbs were stored. She grabbed half a poppy seed, then obtained one marigold flower. Finally, she got a wad of cobwebs, then made her way back to Elmshadow. She pawed it over to Elmshadow. "Is there anything else I should do?" she asked.

@Ravensong (-half poppy seed, -1 marigold, -1 cobweb) @lonely.lilyx

As soon as Elmshadow spoke, Ivysnake nodded. She didn't give a rat's tail about Poisonpetal, but as a medicine cat in-training, she had to work as hard as she could to save the bloody warrior's life - without doing anything stupid, of course. Ivysnake put the marigolds down, making sure that they were close by but not close enough to get soaked in blood, then crouched down beside Elmshadow. She scanned Poisonpetal, but the warrior's calico pelt was too thickly coated in a layer of dark red for her to find where the wound might be coming from. Quickly, Ivysnake grabbed some moss, and began sopping up the blood, being careful not to push too hard, but making sure to put on some pressure. Whenever she wiped an area clean, more blood rushed to take its place. Ivysnake gritted her teeth in concentration.

"Whenever I wipe something up, there's just more blood," she growled. "I'll keep looking, but at this point, I doubt she'll make it." Ivysnake knew enough to know that the amount of blood the warrior was losing was fatal, but she didn't stop sopping up the thick red liquid with the moss, trying to find a source.

@/Ravensong @WillowBlows12

**Elmshadow**

The dark medicine cat glanced at Ivysnake as she brought the herbs over, ignoring the kit's shifting expressions, simply glad that she was staying still. He looked over cobwebs, marigold, and poppy seed the medicine cat apprentice had brought over. He nodded, motioning towards the half poppy seed. As he leaned down towards the marigold, he meowed to Ivysnake, "Make sure she eats that. It'll help with the pain and keep her calm. I'll start chewing this up to make a poultice." He took the marigold in his mouth to chew it. The flavor that filled his mouth was confusing but not unpleasant, unlike anything he was used to; even collecting herbs hadn't filled his mouth the way chewing an entire herb did. He pushed away the thoughts then turned to the kit. The wound seemed about as clean as it would get so he spread the poultice over the bite wounds. Taking a half-step back and looked over her leg, making sure he didn't miss any open wounds.

Elmshadow glanced at Ivysnake to make sure she'd finished giving the poppy seed before he got into wrapping the first layer of cobwebs around the marigold-slathered leg. "This will work as the bandage for the wounds. The bleeding seems to have stopped and to account for any further potential swelling I'll try putting it on looser than we would if it were to staunch the bleeding. It'll just serve to cover the wound from debris and pad the splint." He positioned the stick level with her leg, holding it against an intact part of the leg gently as he wrapped another layer of cobwebs around the leg and stick. As he stuck the last layer, the stick fully covered so the kit wouldn't catch herself on any of the pokey ends, he was able to finish explaining himself, "Her bone is weakened or broken so the stick will help keep everything in place as it heals and take some of the weight off of her bones." He stepped back and met the kit's eyes. "That should be good. When you're able to get around painlessly without any poppy seeds then the splint may be able to be taken off. Just go slow until your strength is back up to protect that leg. And if anything starts to hurt more then come let one of us know."

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old June 19th, 2022, 07:34 AM

Ivysnake nodded in response to Elmshadow's instructions. Bending down, she scooped up the half poppy seed with one paw, then brought it over to Mistkit. "Eat this," she instructed bluntly. "That's a poppy seed - or at least, half of one. It'll help ease the pain and calm you down, which will make it easier for us to work on you." Hoping that the kit followed her instructions, Ivysnake fixed her gaze on Elmshadow, watching what he was doing. She might be able to learn something useful. Even though they were both learning together, Elmshadow was an older and more experienced cat, and Ivysnake knew she had plenty to learn. Right now, he was chewing up the marigolds. When he was done with that, he spread the poultice on Mistkit's leg. Ivysnake took note of how the flowers had been chewed into a fine pulp.

She listened as Elmshadow explained his thought process, nodding in agreement to what he was saying. Ivysnake kept this information in mind; it would be useful for any future patients who had a similar wound to Mistkit's. Luckily, the kit hadn't acted up or done anything stupid while they'd been treating her. Ivysnake hoped that that attitude would help her be a good apprentice, and warrior, one day. However, she didn't care much about the kit; her only concern was treating wounds, and ensuring that ShadowClan had good warriors. "That should be good, as Elmshadow said. However, if you need anything fixed or reapplied, come back," Ivysnake told the kit in a neutral tone. Then she glanced at her mentor, padded over to him, and muttered low enough so the kit wouldn't hear, "I hope she doesn't do anything frog-brained. We don't want to use up our herb stores on a careless kit. At least she seems obedient enough."

@Ravensong @lonely.lilyx

Character Creator!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; June 19th, 2022 at 07:36 AM.
Old June 19th, 2022, 08:56 AM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.

Quote:

Ivysnake nodded in response to Elmshadow's instructions. Bending down, she scooped up the half poppy seed with one paw, then brought it over to Mistkit. "Eat this," she instructed bluntly. "That's a poppy seed - or at least, half of one. It'll help ease the pain and calm you down, which will make it easier for us to work on you." Hoping that the kit followed her instructions, Ivysnake fixed her gaze on Elmshadow, watching what he was doing. She might be able to learn something useful. Even though they were both learning together, Elmshadow was an older and more experienced cat, and Ivysnake knew she had plenty to learn. Right now, he was chewing up the marigolds. When he was done with that, he spread the poultice on Mistkit's leg. Ivysnake took note of how the flowers had been chewed into a fine pulp.

She listened as Elmshadow explained his thought process, nodding in agreement to what he was saying. Ivysnake kept this information in mind; it would be useful for any future patients who had a similar wound to Mistkit's. Luckily, the kit hadn't acted up or done anything stupid while they'd been treating her. Ivysnake hoped that that attitude would help her be a good apprentice, and warrior, one day. However, she didn't care much about the kit; her only concern was treating wounds, and ensuring that ShadowClan had good warriors. "That should be good, as Elmshadow said. However, if you need anything fixed or reapplied, come back," Ivysnake told the kit in a neutral tone. Then she glanced at her mentor, padded over to him, and muttered low enough so the kit wouldn't hear, "I hope she doesn't do anything frog-brained. We don't want to use up our herb stores on a careless kit. At least she seems obedient enough."

@Ravensong @lonely.lilyx

Mistkit nodded, storing away the information. Poppy seed for calm and ease, cobweb for binding wounds...
"What does the marigold do?" She blurted out quickly. Mouse-brain! She scooped up the poppy seed and stuffed it in her mouth, horrified at the way she'd interrupted.

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "
Old June 20th, 2022, 09:05 PM
Raven

Quote:

@Ravensong @lonely.lilyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely.lilyx View Post
Mistkit nodded, storing away the information. Poppy seed for calm and ease, cobweb for binding wounds...
"What does the marigold do?" She blurted out quickly. Mouse-brain! She scooped up the poppy seed and stuffed it in her mouth, horrified at the way she'd interrupted.

**Elmshadow**

After a quick check to make sure the splint looked even all around, Elmshadow turned to start cleaning away any leftover messes and take stock of what they still had. His thoughts were interrupted by the kit's voice. He cocked his head, his face remaining expressionless as the kit's question registered. He blinked. Kits were naturally curious and questions couldn't hurt. "Marigold is to help it from getting infected. When you go messing around with badgers they can leave nasty stuff and make your wound worse over time." He realized it may come off brusque but the kit had to know wandering off and getting in a badger's way was a preventable use of clan resources; mistakes like that could get a grown warrior killed al because a kit couldn't follow the rules. "Now move along, I suggest back to your own nest where you won't be getting yourself into more trouble."

He watched the kit as he listened to Ivysnake's input. He nodded slowly before lowly responding out of Mistkit's hearing, "Careless kits won't get all of our herbs. If a badger attack isn't enough to teach this kit to do as she's told then she won't be much use to the clan. I believe you're right, though. I think she'll stay out of trouble. For her own sake, I'd hope so."

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old June 25th, 2022, 01:24 PM

Ivysnake watched Mistkit, who nodded in response to her instructions. She was glad that the kit was listening. They needed more cats like this one in ShadowClan. Not just kits, cats. Some cats lacked basic listening comprehension. Either that, or they did something frog-brained that was completely uncalled for. Ivysnake couldn't help taking note of the thoughtful expression on Mistkit's face, too. It seemed like she was taking what the medicine cats said very seriously. That's good. When Ivysnake had kits of her own sometime in the future, she hoped they were as sensible as this one seemed to be. Mistkit suddenly asked a question, then acted as though it was the most embarrassing thing in the world, stuffing the half poppy seed into her mouth. Why did she look so mortified? There was nothing wrong with asking questions, with a few exceptions.

Ivysnake glanced at Elmshadow, wondering whether she should let him answer the question, or if she should. The gray-and-black tom was cleaning up and checking their herb stores, but as soon as the kit spoke, he turned toward her. Ivysnake let him answer her question, as he already had it covered. She was glad that he reprimanded her for her foolish action of getting in the way of a badger. Kits weren't allowed to leave camp, and even though ShadowClan didn't strictly follow the warrior code - especially some of the weaker, stupider rules - even Ivysnake understood that some of them were in place for a reason. Ivysnake hadn't been perfect as a kit, but she had been mature enough not to do anything as stupid as that.

Elmshadow lowered his voice and responded to Ivysnake's comment. The dark brown tabby nodded in agreement, glad that she had a sensible mentor. Even though the young cats of ShadowClan were their future, and important due to their lack of warriors, Mistkit would be stupid if she hadn't learned her lesson. She'd be a waste of herbs if she couldn't learn properly. "I agree," she murmured, keeping her voice low so Mistkit wouldn't hear. "She seems sensible enough not to. However... even if she did do something stupid like that again, we'd still have to treat her. It can take time for cats to learn, and ShadowClan is low enough on warriors as it is. That doesn't mean we have to excuse it, though. At least Mistkit doesn't seem stupid." Ivysnake didn't want Elmshadow to think she was excusing stupidity. She was only stating the truth: ShadowClan had grown concerningly small, or at least, smaller than it had been in the past.

@Ravensong @lonely.lilyx

Character Creator!

Old June 26th, 2022, 07:24 AM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.

Quote:

Ivysnake watched Mistkit, who nodded in response to her instructions. She was glad that the kit was listening. They needed more cats like this one in ShadowClan. Not just kits, cats. Some cats lacked basic listening comprehension. Either that, or they did something frog-brained that was completely uncalled for. Ivysnake couldn't help taking note of the thoughtful expression on Mistkit's face, too. It seemed like she was taking what the medicine cats said very seriously. That's good. When Ivysnake had kits of her own sometime in the future, she hoped they were as sensible as this one seemed to be. Mistkit suddenly asked a question, then acted as though it was the most embarrassing thing in the world, stuffing the half poppy seed into her mouth. Why did she look so mortified? There was nothing wrong with asking questions, with a few exceptions.

Ivysnake glanced at Elmshadow, wondering whether she should let him answer the question, or if she should. The gray-and-black tom was cleaning up and checking their herb stores, but as soon as the kit spoke, he turned toward her. Ivysnake let him answer her question, as he already had it covered. She was glad that he reprimanded her for her foolish action of getting in the way of a badger. Kits weren't allowed to leave camp, and even though ShadowClan didn't strictly follow the warrior code - especially some of the weaker, stupider rules - even Ivysnake understood that some of them were in place for a reason. Ivysnake hadn't been perfect as a kit, but she had been mature enough not to do anything as stupid as that.

Elmshadow lowered his voice and responded to Ivysnake's comment. The dark brown tabby nodded in agreement, glad that she had a sensible mentor. Even though the young cats of ShadowClan were their future, and important due to their lack of warriors, Mistkit would be stupid if she hadn't learned her lesson. She'd be a waste of herbs if she couldn't learn properly. "I agree," she murmured, keeping her voice low so Mistkit wouldn't hear. "She seems sensible enough not to. However... even if she did do something stupid like that again, we'd still have to treat her. It can take time for cats to learn, and ShadowClan is low enough on warriors as it is. That doesn't mean we have to excuse it, though. At least Mistkit doesn't seem stupid." Ivysnake didn't want Elmshadow to think she was excusing stupidity. She was only stating the truth: ShadowClan had grown concerningly small, or at least, smaller than it had been in the past.

@Ravensong @lonely.lilyx

She swallowed the seed, noting its taste. Then, she politely said goodbye to the two older cats, glad to be out of their fur.

@Ravensong

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "
Old June 29th, 2022, 09:09 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Mood: Hungry

@Ravensong
[Apologies for the delay]

After giving the report to Cinderblaze, the black tabby stalked towards the medicine cat den, stopping right at the entrance. Her sharp yellow eyes quickly took in the place she usually visited so rarely, before she cleared her throat. "Elmshadow?" Or Ivysnake - as long as the medicine cat.... apprentice? knew what she was doing Nighthawk wouldn't mind, even if she felt more comfortable with the older cat doing this. "I have something I'd like to you take a look at." Her bent tail moved slightly, drawing attention to it.

"Nothing too bad, but I don't want it to hurt my performance." It was something Nighthawk did fear somewhat; that she wouldn't be able to do things as well as before. Something wrong with her tail - even just something little could make her movement less smooth and leaping slightly worse.

- Credit to here for the pfp -

You don't have to ask permission to have crushes on/attack my OCs as long as you don't powerplay

Old June 29th, 2022, 10:18 AM
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singing Jay View Post

@Ravensong
[Apologies for the delay]

After giving the report to Cinderblaze, the black tabby stalked towards the medicine cat den, stopping right at the entrance. Her sharp yellow eyes quickly took in the place she usually visited so rarely, before she cleared her throat. "Elmshadow?" Or Ivysnake - as long as the medicine cat.... apprentice? knew what she was doing Nighthawk wouldn't mind, even if she felt more comfortable with the older cat doing this. "I have something I'd like to you take a look at." Her bent tail moved slightly, drawing attention to it.

"Nothing too bad, but I don't want it to hurt my performance." It was something Nighthawk did fear somewhat; that she wouldn't be able to do things as well as before. Something wrong with her tail - even just something little could make her movement less smooth and leaping slightly worse.

**Elmshadow**
@TheNyanCatMinecart

Elmshadow rose from his nest. He'd been out the whole previous night trying new things, experimenting with different uses for herbs without much luck to speak of. He was hitting a dead end on much of his learnings and training and he was growing mildly frustrated. He'd arrived back as the sun was just lighting the sky until he was woken by a voice at his den entrance. He sighed, unsure how long he'd been asleep, before standing and stretching, giving his pelt a good shake to remove any clinging nest material. He padded out into the open and looked over Nighthawk. A bent tail tip hurt her performance? Elmshadow nearly scoffed as his own stub tail twitched. He angled his chin to invite her into the den and got a closer look at the affected area. Daisy would be nice to have to try out, he considered but knew without looking that he didn't have any daisy in the stores. It could've helped with the pain in the tail potentially. Coldamber had said it helped with joint pain, but it was also supposed to help with swelling. He recalled the swelling in Mistkit's leg that had made the splint almost worse for her leg than helpful. That was all a concern that he pushed away quickly; it helped nothing to wish he had something he didn't. He figured he could do something about stabilizing it regardless. As he walked to a wall, pulling off some dry moss, he called for the medicine cat apprentice. He didn't much consider her his apprentice as much as he figured she was his second. His age granted him some experience that he could still pass down to the younger she-cat but as far as medicine cat knowledge, the two were learning together. "Ivysnake, grab some cobwebs. And maybe a poppy seed?" He glanced at Nighthawk questioningly. He wouldn't force a poppy seed onto a warrior that didn't care to dull the pain but he had plenty and that's what they were there for.

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old June 29th, 2022, 03:30 PM

Ivysnake was looking at the herb stores, observing them with her sharp amber eyes. They had plenty of poppy seeds, marigolds, and mushrooms - some of which glowed - but they were severely lacking in cobwebs and sticks. They could also use some extras of the other herbs. Ivysnake was about to point this out when she saw a cat enter the medicine cats' den. Nighthawk. The black she-cat didn't seem to have anything wrong with her at first glance, but Ivysnake couldn't see much from her current position, so perhaps that was it. Also, she only called for Elmshadow. Ivysnake pricked her ears; even if she wasn't needed, she would stick around, and help if she could. After all, there were always opportunities to learn. The tabby listened as Nighthawk showed her problem: a bent tail-tip. She seemed worried that it would affect her performance, which made Ivysnake snort. There were cats who were literally missing their tails, and she was worried that a slight bend in the tip would "affect her performance"? Some cats were so pathetic, it wasn't even funny. ShadowClan cats shouldn't be that paranoid, Ivysnake thought disapprovingly.

Elmshadow, whose tail was just a stub, let out a snort. Even Ivysnake could hear it from her current position. Some cats are so frog-brained. No wonder we lost the battle at the Sky Glade. I should probably talk to Dawnstar about this - seriously, so many of these cats need to get their acts together. Ivysnake was brought out of her scornful thoughts by Elmshadow calling her name. She stood at attention immediately, listening to what they needed. Cobwebs and a poppy seed. Ivysnake frowned slightly, thinking of the single cobweb they had.

"Okay," she called over her shoulder as she turned back toward the herb store. Quickly, the medicine cat apprentice grabbed a cobweb and a poppy seed; then she padded over to Elmshadow and Nighthawk. Putting them down, she meowed, "These are the last of our cobwebs. Perhaps a splint would work better to mend the bend, since it would help straighten the tail-tip. However, we'd still need the cobwebs for that, and we only have one stick. Either way, cobwebs are important. We need to send out herb patrols as soon as possible. If you're too busy to do so, then I can."

Ivysnake peered closer at the bend in Nighthawk's tail-tip. "Or maybe there's a way to straighten it out without herbs. I haven't learned a lot about that yet, but maybe, if it's not broken - just dislocated - we could find a way to straighten it out again." She looked back toward her mentor, wondering what he thought of her input.

@Ravensong @Singing Jay

Character Creator!