Last post by Luminous
Today 02:01 PM
wormbite's secret...
by wolfie
Last post by Luna16
Today 01:57 PM

Old August 7th, 2023, 07:58 AM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwynds View Post

yarrowcrest // he/him // 16 moons

---

After greeting his friend what he deemed properly, he takes a seat before her. The look in his eyes is just teeming with more excitement than he was physically capable of showing. It had definitely been some time since the normally subdued cat has shown this much emotion-- probably since his apprentice ceremony. His tail swishes from side to side as he begins to talk.

"You'll never believe it! I have an apprentice now!" He chirps, expression alight with an infectious glee. "I didn't think I was ready yet but... Well, I guess I am! To be honest, it makes me a little nervous but... I'm going to try my hardest."
[ #fire ]
112 words = 22 pts.

sparrowfur - she/her - 16 moons

---

sparrowfur gasped loudly, her fur puffing up as she did so. her eyes sparkled at him.

"no way!! ah! yarrowcrest im so happy for you!" she laughed. "youre gonna be great!"

she was so happy for her friend. his joy was intoxicating and she was over the moon. she bounced up around him like a kit.

"tell me everything!"

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!

Last edited by roo!; August 7th, 2023 at 08:58 AM.
Old August 7th, 2023, 09:12 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo_! View Post

---

sparrowfur gasped loudly, her fur puffing up as she did so. her eyes sparkled at him.

"no way!! ah! yarrowcrest im so happy for you!" she laughed. "youre gonna be great!"

she was so happy for her friend. his joy was intoxicating and she was over the moon. she bounced up around him like a kit.

"tell me everything!"

---

The more excited she got, the more excited he got. The bouncing, the shouting... It really did make him feel like an apprentice again. Not that it was too long ago but the overwhelming awe of becoming Yarrowpaw and Sparrowpaw rivaled the energy between them right now. He holds his head high and proud, tail lashing from side to side excitedly behind him.

"I'm gonna do my best." He mews. "I still have a lot to learn. I just hope that I don't mess up too much with her! I want her to get as much training as she needs."

The advice that Alderstep gave him was the first step he needed to get on track. He remembers his training but it was all so... Overwhelming. Purring loudly, the tom continues.

"We haven't really done much of anything yet! Her name is Morningpaw! She's very quiet but I'm sure we'll work well together. All I have to do is be patient and attentive until she comes out of her shell!" If she came out of her shell. "I think first I'm gonna give her a tour of the territory. And then we'll do our first hunt. And then we'll practice some self defense tactics!"

[ #fire ]
204 words = 40 pts.

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Rose stopped by to plant a garden here.
Old August 7th, 2023, 09:25 AM

Quote:

---

The more excited she got, the more excited he got. The bouncing, the shouting... It really did make him feel like an apprentice again. Not that it was too long ago but the overwhelming awe of becoming Yarrowpaw and Sparrowpaw rivaled the energy between them right now. He holds his head high and proud, tail lashing from side to side excitedly behind him.

"I'm gonna do my best." He mews. "I still have a lot to learn. I just hope that I don't mess up too much with her! I want her to get as much training as she needs."

The advice that Alderstep gave him was the first step he needed to get on track. He remembers his training but it was all so... Overwhelming. Purring loudly, the tom continues.

"We haven't really done much of anything yet! Her name is Morningpaw! She's very quiet but I'm sure we'll work well together. All I have to do is be patient and attentive until she comes out of her shell!" If she came out of her shell. "I think first I'm gonna give her a tour of the territory. And then we'll do our first hunt. And then we'll practice some self defense tactics!"

[ #fire ]
204 words = 40 pts.

---

sparrowfur purred, reminiscing their time as apprentices. running through the territory, catching her first mouse, and the very fond memory of beating the fur out of the other apprentices.

"youre going to be great. youre pretty good at getting cats to warm up to you." she beamed.

she could almost feel the warmth radiating off of yarrowcrest. while she meant the complement, she really felt it to be true. even literally, she felt like he was always warmer than anyone else she interacted with. it was comforting, pleasant, especially during the hard leaf-bare season.

[peep the new format?]

Old August 7th, 2023, 11:42 AM
silly little guy

Quote:

---

sparrowfur purred, reminiscing their time as apprentices. running through the territory, catching her first mouse, and the very fond memory of beating the fur out of the other apprentices.

"youre going to be great. youre pretty good at getting cats to warm up to you." she beamed.

she could almost feel the warmth radiating off of yarrowcrest. while she meant the complement, she really felt it to be true. even literally, she felt like he was always warmer than anyone else she interacted with. it was comforting, pleasant, especially during the hard leaf-bare season.

[peep the new format?]

purrks active: mind reader

---

That was quite the compliment. Though he made an active effort to check in with any clanmates that looked down, he never thought that he genuinely made a difference. And he'd like to believe it. But Sparrowfur was his closest friend. Of course she would ease his worries like that. Nonetheless he responds with a smile, not showing a hint of the doubt that resides in his head.

"Thank you, Sparrowfur. I'll have to introduce you to her soon. Once she's ready of course... I don't want to overwhelm her just yet. The first days of being an apprentice can be stressful."

He nods thoughtfully to himself upon acknowledging that fact... And then he wonders: when will Sparrowfur get an apprentice of her own? When the day comes that the two of them can go on patrols with their apprentices... What an exciting day to look forward to. In a fit of excitement brewing beneath his now rather calm exterior, he kneads his paws into the dirt below.

"I couldn't wait to tell you."

(I DID!!! ITS SO CUTE I LOVE IT!!)
[ #fire ]
174 words = 34 pts.

character bios.
Old August 7th, 2023, 12:00 PM

Quote:

---

That was quite the compliment. Though he made an active effort to check in with any clanmates that looked down, he never thought that he genuinely made a difference. And he'd like to believe it. But Sparrowfur was his closest friend. Of course she would ease his worries like that. Nonetheless he responds with a smile, not showing a hint of the doubt that resides in his head.

"Thank you, Sparrowfur. I'll have to introduce you to her soon. Once she's ready of course... I don't want to overwhelm her just yet. The first days of being an apprentice can be stressful."

He nods thoughtfully to himself upon acknowledging that fact... And then he wonders: when will Sparrowfur get an apprentice of her own? When the day comes that the two of them can go on patrols with their apprentices... What an exciting day to look forward to. In a fit of excitement brewing beneath his now rather calm exterior, he kneads his paws into the dirt below.

"I couldn't wait to tell you."

(I DID!!! ITS SO CUTE I LOVE IT!!)
[ #fire ]
174 words = 34 pts.

sparrowfur smiles warmly at her friend. she couldn't be more proud. one day she'll have an apprentice of her own and they'll get to do even more things together. she couldn't wait.
a sudden doubt crept in her mind. she would hardly see yarrowcrest now! surely he'd be far too busy looking after his apprentice to hang out with her anymore. she felt herself stiffen.

"i'm so happy for you. you're going to do great." she tried to recreate her warm smile as before, trying not to let her exterior melt.

so what? hes a warrior now. she cant really expect him to follow her everywhere like they used to as 'paws. he has his own life now. his own responsibilities. it was selfish of her to think that she could keep him all to herself.

Old August 7th, 2023, 12:11 PM
silly little guy

Quote:

sparrowfur smiles warmly at her friend. she couldn't be more proud. one day she'll have an apprentice of her own and they'll get to do even more things together. she couldn't wait.
a sudden doubt crept in her mind. she would hardly see yarrowcrest now! surely he'd be far too busy looking after his apprentice to hang out with her anymore. she felt herself stiffen.

"i'm so happy for you. you're going to do great." she tried to recreate her warm smile as before, trying not to let her exterior melt.

so what? hes a warrior now. she cant really expect him to follow her everywhere like they used to as 'paws. he has his own life now. his own responsibilities. it was selfish of her to think that she could keep him all to herself.

---

Something was off. He couldn't put his paw on it but her demeanor has definitely shifted. Maybe it was because they had been around one another for so long. Or maybe he was just becoming more and more observant by the day but... What was hiding behind those eyes? That look of hers has more to say than the praise she continued to sing him. Expression once again resting in soft neutrality, he pads a bit closer to give her ear a few swift licks in an attempt to sooth her, offering a look with a bit more concern once he pulls back again.

"Something's wrong... What are you thinking about? We can talk about it if you need to."

Hopefully she won't try to lie. It's the reason why he made a statement instead of asking. To show that he was on to her and the fact that something was on her mind. She needed to know that he was here for her whenever she needed him. They were best friends after all. Nothing was going to change that. And even in all his pride and excitement he would stop the celebration to make sure she was at her best.

[ #fire ]
200 words = 40 pts.

character bios.
Old August 7th, 2023, 12:25 PM

Quote:

---

Something was off. He couldn't put his paw on it but her demeanor has definitely shifted. Maybe it was because they had been around one another for so long. Or maybe he was just becoming more and more observant by the day but... What was hiding behind those eyes? That look of hers has more to say than the praise she continued to sing him. Expression once again resting in soft neutrality, he pads a bit closer to give her ear a few swift licks in an attempt to sooth her, offering a look with a bit more concern once he pulls back again.

"Something's wrong... What are you thinking about? We can talk about it if you need to."

Hopefully she won't try to lie. It's the reason why he made a statement instead of asking. To show that he was on to her and the fact that something was on her mind. She needed to know that he was here for her whenever she needed him. They were best friends after all. Nothing was going to change that. And even in all his pride and excitement he would stop the celebration to make sure she was at her best.

[ #fire ]
200 words = 40 pts.

sparrowfur swallowed and chuckled as she felt herself get hot with embarrassment. nothing ever could get past yarrowcrest. its those big blue eyes of his she decided. big, watchful, and impossible to lie to. they didnt ever lie to each other. she sighed.

"It's silly.. honestly, i'm acting like a kit" she said more to herself than to yarrowcrest. "i'm worried you'll.. you'll be too busy for me." she snorted at herself. "but i understand this is your responsibility. we cant always hang out anymore. were warriors now." again, preaching to the choir, but really more to herself.

Old August 7th, 2023, 12:35 PM
silly little guy

Quote:

sparrowfur swallowed and chuckled as she felt herself get hot with embarrassment. nothing ever could get past yarrowcrest. its those big blue eyes of his she decided. big, watchful, and impossible to lie to. they didnt ever lie to each other. she sighed.

"It's silly.. honestly, i'm acting like a kit" she said more to herself than to yarrowcrest. "i'm worried you'll.. you'll be too busy for me." she snorted at herself. "but i understand this is your responsibility. we cant always hang out anymore. were warriors now." again, preaching to the choir, but really more to herself.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

---

"Ah, so that's it..."

How disheartening... She was right, of course, but he was going to try his hardest to convince her otherwise! It wasn't like they were with one another every moment of the day. Sure, they would be missing out on one another more often than usual but that just meant he'd have to work hard to make time for both Morningpaw and Sparrowfur! Smiling gently, he offers another lick to her cheek, the thrum of a purr quiet in his throat.

"Don't worry so much. I'll make sure we still spend lots of time together. I don't think it's silly, I promise."

Sitting back down, he allows his tail to curl neatly around his front paws. Hopefully that was enough to convince her but if not he would just have to try harder!

[ #fire ]
136 words = 27 pts.

character bios.
Old August 7th, 2023, 12:41 PM

Quote:

---

"Ah, so that's it..."

How disheartening... She was right, of course, but he was going to try his hardest to convince her otherwise! It wasn't like they were with one another every moment of the day. Sure, they would be missing out on one another more often than usual but that just meant he'd have to work hard to make time for both Morningpaw and Sparrowfur! Smiling gently, he offers another lick to her cheek, the thrum of a purr quiet in his throat.

"Don't worry so much. I'll make sure we still spend lots of time together. I don't think it's silly, I promise."

Sitting back down, he allows his tail to curl neatly around his front paws. Hopefully that was enough to convince her but if not he would just have to try harder!

[ #fire ]
136 words = 27 pts.

"really dont worry! i'm just thinking like a kit." she chuckles
she returns his gesture and sweetly rubs her face against his, ignoring the rising flutter in her stomach. perhaps shes sick.
"besides, im going to get my own apprentice soon. im sure of it." she shrugs "so we wont hang out every day, its not going to kill us." she jokes.
though she jokes, she still feels a dull pang at the realization. theyre growing up. nothing stopping them now. her stomach flutters again.
maybe she should get that checked out..

Old August 7th, 2023, 12:56 PM
silly little guy

Quote:

"really dont worry! i'm just thinking like a kit." she chuckles
she returns his gesture and sweetly rubs her face against his, ignoring the rising flutter in her stomach. perhaps shes sick.
"besides, im going to get my own apprentice soon. im sure of it." she shrugs "so we wont hang out every day, its not going to kill us." she jokes.
though she jokes, she still feels a dull pang at the realization. theyre growing up. nothing stopping them now. her stomach flutters again.
maybe she should get that checked out..

yarrowfur // he/him // 16 moons

---

It was strange. The warmth that spreads from his chest when she returns the affection is something he's never felt before. And it's not as if she's never returned the same gestures he tended to offer incessantly. This was something different entirely. It takes him by surprise and for a moment he sits in silence with her scent, her words, her presence... Was it simply the realization that he was going to miss her once the day came where they would both be tasked with mentoring duties? Or something else he can't place? Swallowing hard, he gives an awkward laugh accompanied by a small smile.

"I'm sure of it too." He meows with conviction, bouncing back from whatever weakness had taken hold. "Besides, we'll see each other every day for sure, considering how close our nests are! Couldn't get away from you even if I wanted to."

To really drive home the fact that he's teasing, he bats at her shoulder, nervous smile widening into a cheeky grin.

[ #fire ]
168 = 33 pts.

character bios.