Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Finder for all of my...
by ollie
Last post by ollie
Today 11:54 AM
the bird family [hawkbrave...
by taillow
Last post by glitch
Today 11:47 AM
SilverPaw Finder
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 11:37 AM
RAGGEDEAR FINDER
Last post by leopardheart00
Today 11:31 AM
Finder for all of my...
by ollie
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 11:30 AM
Closed Thread

Old January 10th, 2024, 06:24 AM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Contested Herbs in Leafbare [HERB HUNTING EVENT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangoligon View Post

──────────────
[ Sunsetpaw | they/them | 9 Moons ]
Riverclan Apprentice | Post: 127
Purrks: Mind Reader, Herbal Knowledge T2, Rapid Recovery

──────────────
Alright! The apprentice began their search once the team reached! Let's see...everything's snowy and cold but there must be some stuff around here. They made sure to pay very close attention to what they're looked at.

[Rolled 20 | +1 Watermint]

There! Sunsetpaw found a watermint! Spiky-round flowers growing out of a tall stem with hairy leaves! That looks like it! Er...Beanfloat said he's getting the Watermints but if Sunsetpaw finds one then they're definately not going to ignore it! The apprentice carefully picked up the herb, making sure they didn't accidentally destroy it. This was going great so far; will this keep up? Well they'll see soon! With the watermint with them, the apprentice started to look around for something else. Maybe some tansies? Or maybe another watermint if they spot any more. Or maybe some of the other herbs that Tansypaw told them to hunt.

[Rolled a 7 and 10 | +0 Tansy]

Er...maybe it won't go as well as the watermint. No, there's none over here. No watermint, no Tansy, no anything; not a single herb over here. Hmm...if there's none here they should look over there maybe. Yea they'll try that! With the Watermint still in their jaws, the orange apprentice looked around somewhere else near not as close as where they found the watermint. Will they find any other herbs soon? Hopefully they could before the round's up. If they only got a single Watermint then that won't be too helpful, would it? So they started to search there instead

Oh....oh no..... Nothing here either. With a sigh escaping their mouth, Sunsetpaw looked around elsewhere nearby for any herbs Tansypaw requested for this round. Did their luck run out right on the first herb? 1 is better than 0 but it's still not really that much. How about there? Closer to the river? Maybe they would have a better chance at finding something the closer they are to the water. But Beanfloat already said he's going to search there so if Sunsetpaw could avoid searching somewhere their teammates already searched in, then that'll be great

[Rolled a 19 | +1 Boneset root]

Oh! Finally, another herb! This looks like what Tansypaw described! hairy, narrow, and triangular leafs that grows in pairs. Hmm....they only need the roots so guess it's time to dig it up a bit. Feels a little bad but then again it's the same situation with the other herb just this time they're getting the root. It looks pretty! Is it named Boneset becaus ethe leaves grow in pairs? It's quite the interesting name!

[Rolled a 6 | +0 Tansy]

Time to continue looking! Hopefully their luck returned and staying this time! Eh..? Maybe not...they're not finding anything. Not a single herb. Yikes, Leaf-bare's not a great season to be looking for herbs. No wonder so many cats hates it. It's fun and beautiful though it's not really of much use other than that. In fact, it probably makes things harder. Alright, maybe they should check up on the others now. Not really as much herbs as they hoped to find, so hopefully the rest got more than them!
(I'm bad at this lol I have no dice to roll and I don't know what the numbers mean help lol)

*Bluefang had one Tawnsy*

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿

Last edited by bubble[error].; January 10th, 2024 at 06:24 AM.
Old January 10th, 2024, 11:37 AM
Candace Flynn

Status: I've been PnF obsessed for the past two years and I have a feeling it'll be another year yet.
Bump Policy: Whenever needed :)
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbianism View Post

r i p p l e p e l t
she/her - 121 moons - RiverClan - lesbian - tags; @corrosion! @Sklee

[ roll for watermint and thyme: 4, 17 ]
She had no luck with the watermint, but there was still the marsh to check, so she wasn't too worried. She did, however, catch a spicy scent. She followed the smell, finding a plant with slender leaves in clusters, just like Tansypaw had said. She bit off a stem, carrying it with her to the marsh.

[ roll for watermint, tansy, and boneset: 5, 5, 4 ]
The marsh... she repeated the herbs she hadn't found in her head as she sniffed, searching for more. Yellow flowers, ferny leaves, sweet scent. Hairy leaves, tall stems, wet soil. Hairy triangle leaf pairs, floral scent, collect the roots. No luck finding anything else - perhaps the wet and cold had rotted or frozen any herbs that lived here.

"Looks like I used all my luck with the thyme," she sighed, glancing at her teammate's herbs. It seemed like Amberwing was still looking, so she turned to Silverpaw with her tansy. She seemed a bit grouchy, but then, they hadn't had much luck yet. "Well, it is leafbare, I suppose... Tansypaw said we might have some trouble. Hopefully we have better luck next round."
[+1 thyme]
Amberwing grinned, seeing that her teammates had both found herbs. She pawed into the dirt, searching more for boneset. A floral scent entered her nostrils, and she found two, carefully digging out the roots. Boneset roots in her mouth, she tried looking for another but with no luck. (Three rolls for boneset roots, 13, 17, and 3)

She also attempted to search for watermint and some tansy, figuring they'd be a quick find. No luck on the spiky flowers, but she did spot a yellow thing. Carefully taking it in her mouth and digging it out, she was happy to smell sweet mixed in with the floral. (One roll for watermint and one for tansy, 10 and 17)

Mumbling around herbs, she made sure the others knew what she had. "I found two boneset roots and a tansy!"

@corrosion!
Somewhere. Something. Had brought me here. But what?

Last edited by Sklee; January 10th, 2024 at 11:37 AM.
Old January 10th, 2024, 04:10 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Adderpaw
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”

Adderpaw rolled her eyes at the other apprentice. "You know we are the same team right? And you are going to have to try really hard to beat my score anyways." She said before sticking her tongue out at the other apprentice.

Now what was going to be the first thing that she was going to find. Maybe she could look for tansies. Ah Tansies. A soft purr came to Adderpaw before she shook her head. She really needed to focus here or she wasn't going to find anything. Yet her mind had been adrift for too long all she wondered upon were wilted dandelions. Not helpful.
[Roll 1D20 Result: 3]
She took a deep breath and exhaled to refocus her mind. Now with a more clear mind she set out to find the flowers to redeem herself to herself. In her head she recounted what Tansypaw had said to look for. Remembering to not look for something blooming Adderpaw wondered upon an old tansy. Quickly she plucked her bounty. [Roll 1D20 Results: 19] +1 Tansy
Now that she was able to get that herb maybe she should try to vary it? It wasn’t like this was going to get her anymore points but it did get to give the medicine cat a mixture of herbs. As well Adderpaw had no idea how successful the other cats were going to be with getting certain herbs, so she might as well. Looking around she was able to find the fragrant thyme herb sticking out of the snow. It made it very easy to spot with the white background.
[Roll 1D20 Results: 16] +1 thyme
This was too easy! Adderpaw was now certain that she was going to be the winn- That her team was going to be the winners of this event. Right so she got tansy and thyme, what was the other herbs? That’s right next she could get some watermint. Wet dirt huh.. She went down by a river and looked around. There then was a fresh clean scent, something that would come from a plant and not the water. Quickly Adderpaw went over and snatched the herb. She was doing so well in this, she was overjoyed by herself!
[Roll 1D20 Results: 19]
Time to test her luck even more, she went to look for the last herb on the list. That was the bonset root. With the incredible luck streak that Adderpaw was on currently it did not take her long to find the peculiar plant. The strong looking plant smelt very lovely. She did not let this distract her as she quickly dug up the roots of the plant. Four points? Adderpaw was sure to win this and be the smartest cat around!
[Roll 1D20 Results: 20!] +1 Bonset root
@Tecumori
Old January 10th, 2024, 09:20 PM
ringfinger

silverpaw
chill of death shadow fiend mind reader dreamwalker
┈┈┈
Better luck next round...maybe. Not to be a nihilistic pessimist, but their haul was objectively awful. Two herbs between them wouldn't save a cat's life as they suffered in their death throes. Silverpaw would try to be grateful for what they had if it were any other way; however, she yearned to find the most. Competitive or not, they had to have more. Silverpaw voiced none of this to Ripplepelt.

Ugh! She was not jealous of Amberwing's three whole herbs. No. Not at all. Silverpaw gave the sorry flowers an appraising look as Amberwing called to them. Well, five herbs. They had five. Team Ocean wasn't faring well. The apprentice mentally sighed and looked to her teammates. It could be worse, she supposed. They could have found nothing at all and reported back to Tansypaw with their tails between their legs.

Speaking of reporting back, Silverpaw momentarily spat out her tansy to say, "I guess we go back now, huh?" None of the other teams better have more than five herbs or she would throttle someone. Not waiting for an answer or affirmation or anything of the sort, Silverpaw made her way back to camp. She didn't want to be the last team back. How embarrassing.

When she got back to the clearing, Silverpaw sought out their one and only medicine cat with a neutral expression meant to hide her disappointment. Slow starts mean nothing. Or whatever. "Found a, uh-" Silverpaw began, blanking as she fumbled to forfeit the herb. "Tansy." Yeah. She nudged the herb over closer.
┈┈┈
@Sklee @lesbianism @silver.
Old January 11th, 2024, 06:54 AM
Time is just an illusion

Status: A true warrior — the best warrior — isn't cruel or mean.
Bump Policy: 1-2 Days
My Mood: Unpredictable

BeanFloat
|He/Him | 18 moons | Purrks: Beefed up Tier One - Inactive ; No Slipped Around - Active | Straight | Warrior |
light marmalade fur with very bright fawn spots, green and blue eyes

Tags; @Pangoligon [Sunsetpaw] @bubble[error]. [Bluefang]

OCC - [ Rolling a 1D20 Dice]- [Falling in the Snow] - [If you would like proof of the die roll just ask me!] - [I had a very boring bus-ride sorry its so long] [If you don't wanna read it all you can skip until the --- ]

Die Roll - [12+ Success = 11 under Fail ]

[For me I'm only rolling it once!]

Beanfloat was walking around with his team as he saw Sunsetpaw get some herbs he nodded a good job before he split off by himself to go ahead and looked around he would start with some Tansy. He knew what that looked like so why not start there. Oh I super duper hope we win as he looked around for any Tansy.

[Rolled - 16 - Success] +1 Tansy

Beanfloat was pleased as he spotted a stalk of Tansy he quickly picked it up. He knew he told the others to look for some specific herbs but this was the easiest way for them to win to be able to gather as much herbs as they could get and the first herb he saw was some Tansy. Know that he had the stalk of Tansy he looked around again and saw that Sunsetpaw was festered but at least found some sort of herb and looked over to Bluefang and saw she had a stalk of Tansy like he did so he nodded at them and continued his search.

[Roll - 19 - Success] +1 Watermint

He kept looking around he was already close to the semi-frozen river and their was some ice around but he was able to glide right over it barely stumbling looks like his paw pads had like anti-slip or something but that was mousebrain! Ok i think watermint will be around here hopefully as he scanned the clearing all around before he spotted some Watermint it was old and there was some blooming next to it but he left the blooming ones alone and plucking off a stock of an old Watermint. He wanted to get one of each herb before he would start getting duplicate of the same herb in his mouth was already feeling a bit full. But he knew he could hold a couple more things hopefully. Oh I really hope this is Watermint I think Tansypaw mentioned it was a Spiky-round flowers growing out of a tall stem with hairy leaves If I Remember Correctly.

[Roll - 5 - Fail ] +0 Thyme

He carried the stalks in his mouth as he walked around more just trying to find any type of herb that looked like the one that Tansypaw was talking about was one of them thyme I hope so I think I know what it looks like. he decided to place the herb down as he looked around closely their wasn't much snow because the rain melted most of it so he could see a long stalk of grass. Tying both of the stalks together as he kept searching for some Thyme. It felt like he was looking for ages but he saw a couple plants. [I]Hopefully none of them were Thymehe pressed his paw into the mud angrily and lifted it up shaking it in disgust. I cant remember what it is for the life of me he shrugged his shoulders. "I mean it is leafbare after all so I'm not going to be able to find every herb" he was disappointed with himself but you can't always get what you want so he signed. He decided to keep on searching for something else. "What was the last thing boneset roots?" he meowed to himself before he decided to look for that it had to be some sort of plant that he had to dig into the deep hard muddy grass. He let out a gross face.

OH how I hate leafbare its so gross muddy and cold he thought to himself as he started to walk away that place obviously could not grow any herbs in this type of climate. Maybe the border towards Thunderclan would work as it was more wooded and most plants tend to grow there so he started talking the long but short walk towards their as he was starting to get under trees but way far enough away from the border as he lifted his nose. "I think I know what it smells like hopefully and looks like right its a hairy, narrow, and triangular leafs that grows in pairs. That's the best I could remember" he meowed around the two herbs in his mouth to himself. As he kept walking his trek towards the wooded area of Thunderclan. I Never realized how clever Tansypaw this was smart for an Apprentice to figure out for us to have fun and get some work done. I need to use this Brain of mine to do something like this maybe so Training Game that everyone would like? he thought to himself as he heard his paw steps hits the snow and mud in every step but he never slipped which was good. His paws were well cracked enough.

[Roll - 16 - Success] +1 boneset roots

"Hey I was right I was able to smell and see out at least one good stalk" he looked around in the area with the only good root the others were crushed and smashed boneset roots as he took a deep breath of it. "Rabbit" he growled to himself. A Stupid rabbit destroyed some perfectly good herbs that we could of used! he looked at the herbs one more time. "If only that rabbit was there I would kill it right here and right meow!" he dug out the root and snipped it breaking it off and untied the herbs and adding the root. I hope their not to angry at me for not being able to find everything. he thought to himself as he had the small stack of herbs on the ground he looked around the ground was very snow here. Maybe because Thunderclan can never see sunlight under these dense trees he took a step as he fell into the snow it was freezing and he was stuck. I can call for help because I way to close to Thunderclan and I don't wanna be embarrassed! so he took a deep breath and thrashed around violently before he managed to get a single paw out which he moved in a very awkward position.

[ Roll 12 - a Barely Success] - +1 Saved Beanfloat XD

He manged to make a small area to wiggle out of before he completely climbed out. "Stupid Snow" he growled as he whipped his head around to search for the herbs. He started freaking out. "No! no! Where did they go!
he cried as he looked over closer to spot he fell in he spotted a small triangular spiky herb sticking out he signed a relief as he quickly and carefully un-dug the herbs from the ground. They where still in perfect condition except a small piece of the Root the tip a very small piece came off it was wasn't even wider then a mouse hair so he thought it was ok. He still had some larger and small clumps of snow stuck on his but which mattered most was the herbs were ok. Oh Starclan please let me know that no one saw that! he shook his head embarrassed. As he started making his paw back towards the others.

---------------------------
Once he started walking for a little while he saw the two come into view. As He quickly ran over to them trying to warm himself up. He took a deep breath before he spoke. "Hey Sunsetpaw and Blue fang I was able to find a couple of herbs but all the Thyme that I saw was crushed and dead along with some boneset roots but I was able to find one good one at least" he looked over at what the others got.

"Ok Sunsetpaw you got some Watermint and boneset root" as he turned towards Blue fang and nodded towards the Tansy. "I think this is ok to turn in for round one do you think?" he asked his teammates looking at both of them at once as he placed his small bundle on the ground. "I very proud on what we found because its the middle of Leafbare so I think how much we found is a lot for such Leafbare" he smiled at the other two. "So if your ready we can turn in this for round one if your ok!" he smiled sheepishly "I know I told us to look for certain herbs but I wanted to test my luck to see how much I could get" he looked between his teammates. Oh please Starclan don't make them ask what happened to me as he looked behind him as saw the snow clumped onto his pelt he looked at the other two. "The tip of my Boneset Root came off but it was only a mousetail of it"

[Team Creeks Herb Count Round One]

[+2 Watermint ; +2 Tansy ; +2 Boneset roots ; +1 Thyme Total herb Count - +7]

VM me STARS

My Characters thoughts and actions are not mine but theirs.

Please don't quote me during a roleplay unless you place it into spoilers!
| Characters| Training Trackers | Darkclan |Art Shop & Tradel| Bugclan| Art Page |

Last edited by Beanz; January 15th, 2024 at 10:19 AM.
Old January 11th, 2024, 04:41 PM
on hiatus

Bump Policy: 3 days

Lionpaw - He/Him
Silver Tongue || Go With The Flow

[Team Stream]

"Oh, we'll see about that!" Pale eyes narrowed into slits. Lionpaw was up for the challenge!

[1d20: 13] [+1 thyme]

Quickly, he ran in the opposite direction, paws leaving deep imprints in the fallen snow. Many of the easier to spot herbs had already been collected, so he had to search extra hard to find the measly shrub of thyme he now carried in his maw. The spicy scent was indistinguishable in the chilly weather, his nose having grown numb from the cold. With some luck he'd managed to find them tucked away in a blanket of frost, though they became damp and droopy by the time he returned to his team's gathering spot.

As he dropped off the thyme he noticed just how far ahead Adderpaw was, having collected his worth of herbs and more. Lionpaw fumed, and set off again to catch up.

[1d20: 20] [+1 boneset root]

Finding even a scent of boneset was an utter nightmare, worse more as he had no idea what the darn things were supposed to smell like in the first place. Many of the plants in his territory were either hidden beneath frost, or so rotted that even if he had managed to find the cursed roots they were most likely as decayed as the plant it was connected to.

He lucked out, however, when in a fit of impatient rage he rushed over to the closest plant he'd found. The furled brown leaves, which didn't seem all that hairy to him in their current state, stood out like a beacon against the white sheets around him. The stalks of the plant were crisp and dry, and snapped with brittle ease as he unrooted it from the ground.

To his surprise the roots were intact and tightly packed together which made them easier to carry. He still couldn't tell if they were boneset roots though. Whatever. Tansypaw could deal with these mysterious roots later herself ; Lionpaw had a game to win.

[1d20: 4] [fumbled watermint]

A scent on the icy wind brought Lionpaw to a... a pitiful clump of wilted watermint. Faded and shriviling in on themselves, even the most skilled medicine cat couldn't make use of them. Well, no point standing around looking at dead flowers. Lionpaw stomped away in search of better herbs.

[1d20: 4] [fumbled any]

His luck fell short, along with his breath, as Lionpaw returned to his team with empty jaws and heavy pants. He had exhausted himself running around in circles, unable to find another herb to even the score between him and Adderpaw.

Argh, this game has to be rigged! Who thought it would be a good idea to search for herbs in the dead of leaf-bare! As much as he hated to admit it, Adderpaw had found more herbs than him.

"Whatever! This was only round one! I was just warming up anyway," He sneered at the duo.

[Round One - Team Total: +2 tansy, +2 thyme, +2 boneset root, +1 watermint]
(will update this total if Echoheart finds some herbs!) @Swiftheart <3 | @TheLostAmongTheStars

--- Image credits go to SableSteel; Author of Clangen ---

"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post~"

Last edited by Tecumori; January 11th, 2024 at 04:50 PM.
Old January 11th, 2024, 05:39 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: once a week/every 7 days
My Mood: Yeehaw

->> minkpaw [she/they, apprentice, 11moons, the collector] <<-
a dark blueish grey bengal-patterned she cat with silver eyes

she was so late, so so very late, she had probably missed the entire first round. minkpaw sped up a bit more, thanking the warrior that had taken her out to hunt quickly and parting from the other cat at the entrance of camp.
she was able to see the still mostly full clearing now, she had missed the beginning of the first round first round for sure. she waited, stepping from paw to paw nervously as she listened to tansy explain the herbs and then watched the other cats leave camp.
"tansypaw im so sorry im so late. i hope its not too late for me to join for the second round?" she asked, a hopeful tint to her voice. guilt already settling heavy in her stomach. she hadnt meant to miss the start of the event! she shouldve payed more attention to how much time they had already spent out of camp. she mentally cursed herself, thoughts threatening to start circling around the negatives.
no. no, it was okay. she could still help, she had only missed one round. tansypaw wouldnt refuse the help and minkpaw would do her very best to find the most herbs of all the cats! yes, she had missed one round but shes going to do twice.. no thrice! as well for the second one. she took a deep breath and gave tansypaw a -genuine- smile.

#minkpaw766

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━

Last edited by alec; February 2nd, 2024 at 06:14 AM.
Old January 13th, 2024, 02:01 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

purrks: herbal knowledge tier 2, agatha kitty, just a scratch [PERM]
244/200

---

Round one was drawing to a close and there were still a few cats that hadn't showed her what they had found just yet. Might as well make an announcement. The healer raises her voice in hopes those participating in the contest could hear her.

"Hey, everyone! Almost time t'a turn in what ya found! If ya don't then ya don't get any points for the first round! And if anyone wants to join in, now's the time to let me know! So far I got Minkpaw and Willowpaw that will be joining in Round Two!"

[ ROUND ONE ENDS 1/14 @ 11:59PM EST !! Any herbs not reported to Tansypaw by then will not count for your team's score! If one person from each team would like to gather all the team's collected herbs and present them, they are more than welcome to do so <3 ]

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !

Last edited by silver.; January 13th, 2024 at 02:01 PM.
Old January 13th, 2024, 02:36 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours

*Bluefang sighed*

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿
Old January 13th, 2024, 06:22 PM
여상님 생일 축하해요!

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Willowpaw sat down, a bit shy as her name was called outloud for the second Round.

Weepingpaw stepped forward. "I-i'll join"

"If this moment is our wave. Dont' be afraid, face it with more strength"
- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur @/Hollyheart of thunder @/MaplestrikeWCUE

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Closed Thread