Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
springlight kit finder...
by iliri
Last post by iliri
Today 10:15 PM
weepingwind finder
by iliri
Last post by iliri
Today 10:14 PM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by Luna16
Today 10:07 PM
Willow's Header Shoppe
Last post by Spider
Today 09:57 PM

Old November 6th, 2020, 10:10 AM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ShadowClan Training Cliffs

[ @Elementals ]

The black ghost tabby padded alongside his apprentice as the terrain transformed from towering pines to precarious faults. He paused for a second, seeing a pebble, and proceeded to kick at the small object, sending it flying over the ledge. Cautiously, Fallenheart's ears swiveled. Moments passed. He heard a crack, and his eyes widened in concern. If someone were to fall, then it would be a long way down.

He hastened to catch up with Peacepaw, who seemed to have intelligently decided to stay away from the edge. Smiling reassuringly at the younger feline, he meowed, "Before we get started, I suppose we should get to know each other first. I'm Fallenheart, as you know. I can't say that I'll be the best mentor ever, but I'm planning on leaving, if you know what I mean." He gestured with his paw for his apprentice to speak.
Have a wonderful day!
Old November 6th, 2020, 10:28 AM
🧂= Yes

My Mood: Unamused

// @Saltyteardrops
Crowpaw smiled, he was better than his mentor. No doubt He thought. Quickly, he looked around. His eye's weren't the best, he could say that again. But he desided to follow his mentor's idea, and hop into the shadows where only a amazing eye could see. Swiftly and silently, Crowpaw began moving in the shadows, till he saw his mentor. Quicly ducking behind a bush, he waited for his mentor to come by.
Old November 6th, 2020, 10:52 AM
Ambivert

My Mood: Hopeful

~Peacepaw of SHC~

The apprentice greeted his mentor with a dip of his head while listening carefully to his mentor. Hopefully he was able to learn a few more things from Fallenheart so that he wouldn't be the burden if there were to be trouble in the clan on day. He nodded his head with understanding as they said things really honestly which Peacepaw was grateful for. It was understandable that many cats either come or go because that was life. Something might have called out to them in the wild but some cats in the wild or Twolegplace might have felt a calling to the clans.

"Peacepaw say thank you for your honesty, no cat is a natural prodigy! Peacepaw wishes to learn as much from Fallenheart, before the time they part," he responded to his mentor with his usual rhyme talk.

{ @bmkmb }
{Foggykit}{Mouseleap}
Windclan:
{Songkit}{Fallenghost}
Thunderclan:
{Seedcrush}{Pineapple}
Profile pic is by alan
Old November 6th, 2020, 08:37 PM
Just a tired Transmasc

Bump Policy: 3 days/24 hours (Time sensitive)
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy the Icewing View Post
// @Saltyteardrops
Crowpaw smiled, he was better than his mentor. No doubt He thought. Quickly, he looked around. His eye's weren't the best, he could say that again. But he desided to follow his mentor's idea, and hop into the shadows where only a amazing eye could see. Swiftly and silently, Crowpaw began moving in the shadows, till he saw his mentor. Quicly ducking behind a bush, he waited for his mentor to come by.
Acornpelt looked around, curious to where her apprentice was. The tabby looked around, wanting to find him. That's what he wants me to do she realized. So instead she did the opposite, she sat down waiting for Crowpaw to come to her.
all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” -Jem Carstairs
Old November 6th, 2020, 09:58 PM
🧂= Yes

My Mood: Unamused

// @Saltyteardrops

Smart.. But stupid. Crowpaw, quietly slid out of the cliffs, going to a forest, where he roamed unheard, and came behind her. Quickly jumping, he hoped to hit her on the back, near the neck.
Old November 7th, 2020, 12:19 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

The first kick didnt manage to completely move her even if it winded her though the second one did dislodge her moving the warrior enough for Shrewpaw to stand. "Good job." She wheezed having to dip her head for a few moments to regain her composure though she waved a reassuring tail to make sure the apprentice knew she wasnt mad or too hurt. "When you're pinned on your back and that doesn't work then there is also another move you can do as a last result. When youre stuck that way your claws and fangs are open and usually the other cat is trying to seriously hurt you so if you're forced to, go for the throat. I dont usually approve of killing blows but better you live then your foe if pushed." With one final cough the warrior finally caught her breath again.

"Next is when you're pinned on your belly." She swiped a paw at Shrewpaws legs suddenly looking to knock him down without warning. If he dodged it was a good show of how skilled he really was if he didnt he'd just end up pinned like he was going to be anyway.

@gs29513

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!
Old November 8th, 2020, 01:32 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours

(Queen of the pinnepeds-BEAUTIFUL!)
Pleased that he had gotten Adderfang off, Shrewpaw was on his feet, momentarily worried that he had actually hurt the warrior. He REALLY didn't want to hurt someone from his clan, especially not if they were helping him learn battle moves for beating Dawnstar. As she talked about KILLING, he shuddered, hoping HE never had any reason to do that. The blood, all the grossness.......it must be horrible! And to kill a cat, end their life, he didn't even want to think about it anymore. So he was more than ready for the next move, resisting the urge to try and dodge the swinging paw and plopping to the ground willingly, on his front as requested. In an attempt to be prepared, he tucked his paws under him, out of the way so they weren't stepped on. @Rani
Old November 9th, 2020, 06:07 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Adderfang stepped her front paws onto Shrewpaws shoulders pinning him in place. "Now you dont get pinned like this often as its harder for an opponent to accomplish but it means when others are pinned like this generally they have no clue how to get out but thrashing, which wastes energy. Theres actually an easier way. Plant your paws on the ground and push up rolling your shoulders as you do. Like a wave motion or the motion you use when youre working out a kink in your back just roll them one after another, your attackers paws will slip right off. This may take a bit to get the motion right but keep trying Ill just stand here." Adderfang instructed trying to not hurt the apprentice by putting all of her bulky body weight onto him. She was big and mainly thick muscle and if she tried to keep him pinned the learner wasn't likely moving and even now using all her body weight on someone just trying out the techniques would be bad. Still after this they could move on to a practice spar and she could teach him some special attack moves during that, kinda a learn while you go thing which could be fun.

@gs29513 (hehe thanks its a great play on words kinda cuz rani means queen and pinnipeds are my constant obsession/my major focus)

Last edited by Rani; November 9th, 2020 at 06:07 PM.
Old November 10th, 2020, 08:23 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Shrikepaw frowned considering his mentors words head cocking back and forth unconsciously as he thought over the ideas, a rare honest sign of his youth. It all seemed like good advice but implementing it would be the hard part, the tom had no doubt he was going to take a few hits in the process. He was more afraid than he'd like admit of that. Not so much because of the potential impact attached but because of the lingering worry that Windstrike, seeing an opportunity, would pull claws on the apprentice and make it a blow he wouldn't be able to take. All warriors he'd learnt from before had been of that kind and his mentor hadn't really done much to prove he was any different only fuelling what was becoming an unhealthy paranoia of everyone but Shrikepaws own sister. A reasonable one knowing shadowclan and his usual training but one that would hold him back in this learning stage.

Right he wasn't hesitating this time, Shrikepaw didn't waste a single second as he darted forward ducking low and sliding as if to batter his stomach before leaping at the last second. Jumping in a smooth arch his paws went wide trying to grip at the warrior firmly back paws lifting off of the ground to batter at Windstrikes side while he clung. He'd tried this attack before on Shrewpaw and it worked well while it lasted, Shrikepaw was small enough that he could easily hold himself on to someone and being stuck so firmly onto someones side made him harder to hit and near impossible to bite. It was simple, body tucked in close to his foe front paws reached around to get a firm grip and tail curled out of the war around a leg he made himself as small as possible back paws kicking at an open stomach, it was difficult without claws but defiantly not impossible. As long as he wasn't tossed off the small tom could do a lot of damage with his free back paws while his opponent was reeling, cats rarely knew what to do when finding an unwanted clinging burr that refused to let go and that confusion afforded the opportunist a lot of room to work. He had been foiled by the other apprentice flopping over and squishing him sure but the tom had made plans to avoid that this time.

Even if the move failed Shrikepaw was prepared to take Windstrikes advice and move with whatever counter attack the warrior threw at him even it was more on the fly than the young tom perhaps preferred. Adaptability in battle, he could learn that right?

@Pepperkins

Old November 10th, 2020, 09:05 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Adderfang stepped her front paws onto Shrewpaws shoulders pinning him in place. "Now you dont get pinned like this often as its harder for an opponent to accomplish but it means when others are pinned like this generally they have no clue how to get out but thrashing, which wastes energy. Theres actually an easier way. Plant your paws on the ground and push up rolling your shoulders as you do. Like a wave motion or the motion you use when youre working out a kink in your back just roll them one after another, your attackers paws will slip right off. This may take a bit to get the motion right but keep trying Ill just stand here." Adderfang instructed trying to not hurt the apprentice by putting all of her bulky body weight onto him. She was big and mainly thick muscle and if she tried to keep him pinned the learner wasn't likely moving and even now using all her body weight on someone just trying out the techniques would be bad. Still after this they could move on to a practice spar and she could teach him some special attack moves during that, kinda a learn while you go thing which could be fun.

@gs29513 (hehe thanks its a great play on words kinda cuz rani means queen and pinnipeds are my constant obsession/my major focus)
(It's awesome! I didn't know Rani meant queen, but I adore pinnipeds too! So good at swimming!)
Listening to Adderfang's explanation of how he should push up and roll his shoulders, and about how thrashing didn't really work, Shrewpaw wiggled his shoulders experimentally. There might be one obvious flaw with this plan, when the cat pinning you was about twice as heavy as you were, but he might as well give it a shot. Maybe he'd get really lucky and only get sat on by a tiny apprentice? Bending his front legs under is chest, he pushed up in what he thought was a fairly sudden motion, except Adderfang weighted A LOT. Turning his really fast push up into more of shakey, staggery stretch. Oops. He'd have to work on getting stronger if he was actually going to pull this one off quickly. Still, he was now almost halfway up, so he tried to roll his shoulders, thinking wave. HE WAS A WAVE! HE WAS A WAVE! And repeating that to himself over and over did help, his motion becoming a bit more fluid, although he was fairly certain Adderfang was still up there, judging by how much his legs were shaking, holding up the weight. So, not wanting to have to flop back down and try again, the small apprentice dropped his left shoulder, hoping she would just.....skid off. Although that might not work. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do when his opponent weighed about a ton, but he was giving it a shot. @Rani