Today 01:10 PM

Old December 21st, 2021, 08:10 PM
im cooking!!!

Bump Policy: one week please
My Mood: Daring

Default Re: Firefly Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo_driftin View Post
Snowleap didn’t really blame her regarding the molly’s reaction to his words. It had only been a few days since Brittleshore, a Riverclan elder, had told him such a thing anyway. Ever since then though, he couldn’t help but look up at the sky whenever he was able to. The tall warrior never had anyone to look to for advice, considering how his parents were to him his entire kithood. He wanted to believe that he had some kind of connection to Starclan, like one of his ancestors were up there and looking down at him as he sat in the meadow.

However, after a moment or two of silent stargazing, the Riverclan warrior was pulled away as Raccoonear began to speak. He didn’t say a word as she spoke about her brother who had died far too soon. Snowleap had never known what it was like to have a sibling, so he could only imagine what the pain of losing one was like. As the she-cat began to quietly cry over her words, it reminded Snowleap of when Silverflight cried to him during the gathering, but this was not for the same reasons. This was a different type of crying, not one of relief but of severe pain and guilt mixed together. It was a feeling Snowleap did not know exactly, but it made his chest ache as he just sat there, saying nothing. The tall warrior knew no words that could even come close to comfort. It made him think about how every cat within this forest had their own story with their own pain. His brow furrowed as he thought about this, but he was quickly pulled out of it as Raccoonear spoke to him again.

“Okay,” His answer was simple as he lifted himself into a standing position, his body feeling heavy as his tail swished behind him, “Lead the way.”
She walked through the forest, halfway there in such short time. In the situation she came across a reflective surface, she glanced at it to reassure herself that Snowleap was still behind her. Once they arrived, it was a small clearing, and right in the center was a beaten up tree stump, beaten up and clawed by Raccoonear herself. "That's a tree stump. You know that, but I call it Sulein. Whenever I fall back into my past, into that dark void, to get out of it I tread here. To do this."

She was already feeling better, just looking at the glorious tree stump, which was actually not very aesthetically pleasing at all, seeing how beaten up it was, but it was to her. She drew back her weight, and leapt across the clearing, her first blow to the Sulein. First the rake of her claws against the stump, then the deep mark left on the top of it. It had been stripped of its bark over time, and she was now chipping at the bare wood. Anxiety about the stump not being in the condition to attack anymore, like being completely destroyed, nibbled at her stomach whenever she came here. She had not shown anyone this, but felt that Snowleap was the cat who needed to know about Sulein. After a second blow, which sent a woodchip flying off, she backed away from the tree, to stand near Snowleap again. "With all of your sorrow, you're someone who needs this stump. Go ahead, try it."

raccoonear is a riverclan warrior | hound is a loner

Old December 21st, 2021, 08:42 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: Firefly Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud- View Post
She walked through the forest, halfway there in such short time. In the situation she came across a reflective surface, she glanced at it to reassure herself that Snowleap was still behind her. Once they arrived, it was a small clearing, and right in the center was a beaten up tree stump, beaten up and clawed by Raccoonear herself. "That's a tree stump. You know that, but I call it Sulein. Whenever I fall back into my past, into that dark void, to get out of it I tread here. To do this."

She was already feeling better, just looking at the glorious tree stump, which was actually not very aesthetically pleasing at all, seeing how beaten up it was, but it was to her. She drew back her weight, and leapt across the clearing, her first blow to the Sulein. First the rake of her claws against the stump, then the deep mark left on the top of it. It had been stripped of its bark over time, and she was now chipping at the bare wood. Anxiety about the stump not being in the condition to attack anymore, like being completely destroyed, nibbled at her stomach whenever she came here. She had not shown anyone this, but felt that Snowleap was the cat who needed to know about Sulein. After a second blow, which sent a woodchip flying off, she backed away from the tree, to stand near Snowleap again. "With all of your sorrow, you're someone who needs this stump. Go ahead, try it."
Following close behind Raccoonear, the tall tomcat walked through the forest with his head hung low. His icy blue-eyes glanced around at the trees and bushes as they passed by them. Snowleap had never been to this part of Riverclan territory before, so a small voice in him asked if it was a smart idea to follow a feline that he hardly knew, even though they were in the same clan as him. The dark-furred tomcat decided to just dismiss any of those stupid thoughts and go along with it. It wasn’t like he couldn’t get himself out of a difficult situation if one arises - he had done it once before, after all. He exhaled a breath, watching the foggy cloud disappear in front of him as he kept following Raccoonear.

Slipping into a small clearing with the molly, Snowleap looked up and around with curiosity, wondering where she had brought him. His deep blue-hued eyes settled onto the beaten up tree stump in the middle of the clearing once Raccoonear pointed it out. “Sulein?” The Riverclan repeated what she said under his breath to himself as leapt forward towards the stump. He watched in silent awe as the she-cat raked her claws through the wood and left deep marks into its surface. It reminded him of sparring training, but more fueled by emotion than strategy.

“Oh, uh, alright..” Snowleap remarked when Raccoonear returned to his side, telling him to try it out. The tall warrior moved forward a few pawsteps, peering at the tree stump known as Sulein. As the molly had told him, it was to be used to get out of that dark void they both knew all too well. He stood there for a few moments in silence, looking at the ground in front of him. He began to think about all the things that caused him such agony. His abusive parents' treatment of him was one thought, and then thoughts of Lynxfall began to form in his head. He thought of how his first love regretted his feelings and immediately his head whispered: “It was foolish of you to even think he'd love you... Ringpaw won't love you either, you know.” The moment that little voice in his head said her name, Snowleap growled, digging his paws into the dirt and rushed forward at the stump. Using his back legs to hoist himself up, he reached out towards the bark wood and raked both his unsheathed front paws through the tree in a harsh downward motion, leaving deep slashes in its surface.

Last edited by Captain; December 21st, 2021 at 08:42 PM.
Old December 21st, 2021, 08:52 PM
im cooking!!!

Quote:
Following close behind Raccoonear, the tall tomcat walked through the forest with his head hung low. His icy blue-eyes glanced around at the trees and bushes as they passed by them. Snowleap had never been to this part of Riverclan territory before, so a small voice in him asked if it was a smart idea to follow a feline that he hardly knew, even though they were in the same clan as him. The dark-furred tomcat decided to just dismiss any of those stupid thoughts and go along with it. It wasn’t like he couldn’t get himself out of a difficult situation if one arises - he had done it once before, after all. He exhaled a breath, watching the foggy cloud disappear in front of him as he kept following Raccoonear.

Slipping into a small clearing with the molly, Snowleap looked up and around with curiosity, wondering where she had brought him. His deep blue-hued eyes settled onto the beaten up tree stump in the middle of the clearing once Raccoonear pointed it out. “Sulein?” The Riverclan repeated what she said under his breath to himself as leapt forward towards the stump. He watched in silent awe as the she-cat raked her claws through the wood and left deep marks into its surface. It reminded him of sparring training, but more fueled by emotion than strategy.

“Oh, uh, alright..” Snowleap remarked when Raccoonear returned to his side, telling him to try it out. The tall warrior moved forward a few pawsteps, peering at the tree stump known as Sulein. As the molly had told him, it was to be used to get out of that dark void they both knew all too well. He stood there for a few moments in silence, looking at the ground in front of him. He began to think about all the things that caused him such agony. His abusive parents' treatment of him was one thought, and then thoughts of Lynxfall began to form in his head. He thought of how his first love regretted his feelings and immediately his head whispered: “It was foolish of you to even think he'd love you... Ringpaw won't love you either, you know.” The moment that little voice in his head said her name, Snowleap growled, digging his paws into the dirt and rushed forward at the stump. Using his back legs to hoist himself up, he reached out towards the bark wood and raked both his unsheathed front paws through the tree in a harsh downward motion, leaving deep slashes in its surface.
As she watched silently, a small smile crossed her face. By the look of it, she could tell it was a meaningful blow for him. In that moment she realized that she had just told someone her worst guilt. The anxiety of it being leaked existed for less than a second before she shook her head. First meeting Snowleap, she knew that he was loyal, and experienced things that caused just as much sorrow. This cat would never tell her secrets. She assured herself, she could tell anyone who'd experienced the same thing, virtually anything. After his first blow, she padded up putting one paw on Sulein, with her claws still sheathed. "It helps a lot, eh?"

Old December 21st, 2021, 09:02 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
As she watched silently, a small smile crossed her face. By the look of it, she could tell it was a meaningful blow for him. In that moment she realized that she had just told someone her worst guilt. The anxiety of it being leaked existed for less than a second before she shook her head. First meeting Snowleap, she knew that he was loyal, and experienced things that caused just as much sorrow. This cat would never tell her secrets. She assured herself, she could tell anyone who'd experienced the same thing, virtually anything. After his first blow, she padded up putting one paw on Sulein, with her claws still sheathed. "It helps a lot, eh?"
As he raked his claws through Sulein, tears collected in the corners of his eyes, but he did not cry. This was the first time he had been able to release all that anger and tension that had built up inside him and it was overwhelming, but maybe that was a good thing. That emotion just needed to get out, one way or another. A shudder went through him and Snowleap took his paws off the stump. Looking at Raccoonear, who had approached after he had delivered the blow, he simply nodded before sniffling and then giving a small smile. He felt much better, like a huge weight had been brought off of his shoulders. Now, Snowleap wanted to sleep, more than anything, but needed to wait just a little longer.

Last edited by Captain; December 21st, 2021 at 09:03 PM.
Old December 21st, 2021, 09:11 PM
im cooking!!!

Quote:
As he raked his claws through Sulein, tears collected in the corners of his eyes, but he did not cry. This was the first time he had been able to release all that anger and tension that had built up inside him and it was overwhelming, but maybe that was a good thing. That emotion just needed to get out, one way or another. A shudder went through him and Snowleap took his paws off the stump. Looking at Raccoonear, who had approached after he had delivered the blow, he simply nodded before sniffling and then giving a small smile. He felt much better, like a huge weight had been brought off of his shoulders. Now, Snowleap wanted to sleep, more than anything, but needed to wait just a little longer.
"It's like, feeling lighter. Just anything you want to let go of.." She glanced down at the tree under her paw, smiling. "I'm glad I showed you this, you needed it more than anyone. Come here whenever, it'd be selfish to keep this to myself after all." She smiled towards Snowleap, she had never met someone she could relate to so much. "Wanna go back now? You seem pretty tired now, I sure was after my first time here, after letting go of something that took up so much of your mind, dropping such a huge weight, makes you feel relaxed and tired for once."

Raccoonear decided that she too, would sleep tonight for the first time in a while. She realized that just because no one belived she could help the clan with prey, or other warrior duties, she was still worth something and that not sleeping was just saying to herself that she wasn't she sighed, removing her paw from the tree as she glanced up at the sky.

Old December 21st, 2021, 09:37 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
"It's like, feeling lighter. Just anything you want to let go of.." She glanced down at the tree under her paw, smiling. "I'm glad I showed you this, you needed it more than anyone. Come here whenever, it'd be selfish to keep this to myself after all." She smiled towards Snowleap, she had never met someone she could relate to so much. "Wanna go back now? You seem pretty tired now, I sure was after my first time here, after letting go of something that took up so much of your mind, dropping such a huge weight, makes you feel relaxed and tired for once."

Raccoonear decided that she too, would sleep tonight for the first time in a while. She realized that just because no one belived she could help the clan with prey, or other warrior duties, she was still worth something and that not sleeping was just saying to herself that she wasn't she sighed, removing her paw from the tree as she glanced up at the sky.
“Thank you,” Snowleap finally spoke after awhile of silence, needing to let the adrenaline drain from his system first, “I will remember this place in the future.” And that he would, while not telling any other cat of it in the process. The tall warrior could tell it was a special place and Raccoonear used it to take down many inner demons that haunted her, so he was gaining a very important gift by knowing of this area. He smiled at the she-cat softly and then backed away from the tree stump, sheathing his claws and taking a breath to bring him back to reality. The tall warrior nodded. “I would like that. I usually do not sleep well because of nightmares or anxieties keeping me awake, but I have a feeling I will rest easy for the first time this moon.”

He stretched out his limbs and then let a long yawn escape him. Yet, Snowleap definitely needed to sleep now. The Riverclan warrior looked at the molly for a moment, seeing her looking up at the sky. “Say, would you want to join me while I hunt tomorrow?” He asked, blinking at Racconear, “It’s always a more enjoyable time for me whenever I have company out there.” Snowleap wouldn’t be bothered if she said no, but he hoped that he’d be able to see her again. They had only met tonight, but the tall warrior saw a good friendship within them and he always liked making friends within Riverclan.
Old December 21st, 2021, 09:55 PM
im cooking!!!

Quote:
“Thank you,” Snowleap finally spoke after awhile of silence, needing to let the adrenaline drain from his system first, “I will remember this place in the future.” And that he would, while not telling any other cat of it in the process. The tall warrior could tell it was a special place and Raccoonear used it to take down many inner demons that haunted her, so he was gaining a very important gift by knowing of this area. He smiled at the she-cat softly and then backed away from the tree stump, sheathing his claws and taking a breath to bring him back to reality. The tall warrior nodded. “I would like that. I usually do not sleep well because of nightmares or anxieties keeping me awake, but I have a feeling I will rest easy for the first time this moon.”

He stretched out his limbs and then let a long yawn escape him. Yet, Snowleap definitely needed to sleep now. The Riverclan warrior looked at the molly for a moment, seeing her looking up at the sky. “Say, would you want to join me while I hunt tomorrow?” He asked, blinking at Racconear, “It’s always a more enjoyable time for me whenever I have company out there.” Snowleap wouldn’t be bothered if she said no, but he hoped that he’d be able to see her again. They had only met tonight, but the tall warrior saw a good friendship within them and he always liked making friends within Riverclan.
Deep in thought, she didn't reply for a beat too long as she stared at the star she gazed at when Snowleap first shared his wisdom of the stars, the one far off the the left. She tore her gaze and mind from the star, averting her attention back to the Riverclan warrior. Hunting, doing anything useful for the clan, for the first time in some time. "Oh, sure!" It would sure be an experience for her, getting out to hunt. "Thanks for talking with me, it's nice to know someone is there for you, reassuring."

Raccoonear started towards the exit of the thick-grassed meadow, her tail gently waving back and forth. As her face was hidden, sense she was in front of Snowleap, she was crying, trying to be quiet. Every time they passed a tree stump, she wondered if someone in the future, far past her days, would use it just like she did. Everyone experiences sorrow at some point, and someone would need this release. Once they returned to the meadow, she flooded into the space, gazing out at the scene.

Old December 21st, 2021, 10:09 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Deep in thought, she didn't reply for a beat too long as she stared at the star she gazed at when Snowleap first shared his wisdom of the stars, the one far off the the left. She tore her gaze and mind from the star, averting her attention back to the Riverclan warrior. Hunting, doing anything useful for the clan, for the first time in some time. "Oh, sure!" It would sure be an experience for her, getting out to hunt. "Thanks for talking with me, it's nice to know someone is there for you, reassuring."

Raccoonear started towards the exit of the thick-grassed meadow, her tail gently waving back and forth. As her face was hidden, sense she was in front of Snowleap, she was crying, trying to be quiet. Every time they passed a tree stump, she wondered if someone in the future, far past her days, would use it just like she did. Everyone experiences sorrow at some point, and someone would need this release. Once they returned to the meadow, she flooded into the space, gazing out at the scene.
Snowleap couldn’t help but smile when she agreed to go hunting with him tomorrow. “Awesome! You won’t regret it, I promise,” He meowed, blinking at her with his whiskers twitching occasionally as he spoke, “It is very reassuring, yes, I feel a lot better now because of you.” As they left the clearing that the molly had shown him, the two of them silently headed back towards Firefly Cove. He wondered what Raccoonear was thinking whenever she looked up at the stars. Did she see her brother up there? Did she think he was looking down at her right now? The tall warrior didn’t know nor did he play to pry because it wasn’t his place to do so.

He didn’t say a word, even as they got back to the main peaceful meadow. Once the molly stopped and gazed out at the scene, Snowleap stepped closer to her, standing beside Raccoonear for a moment before resting his tail on her back gently. It was the only way he knew how to comfort other cats without pushing a boundary. It was how he comforted Ringpaw when he had first met her several days ago. He had also done the same to Silverflight too.
Old December 21st, 2021, 10:20 PM
im cooking!!!

Quote:
Snowleap couldn’t help but smile when she agreed to go hunting with him tomorrow. “Awesome! You won’t regret it, I promise,” He meowed, blinking at her with his whiskers twitching occasionally as he spoke, “It is very reassuring, yes, I feel a lot better now because of you.” As they left the clearing that the molly had shown him, the two of them silently headed back towards Firefly Cove. He wondered what Raccoonear was thinking whenever she looked up at the stars. Did she see her brother up there? Did she think he was looking down at her right now? The tall warrior didn’t know nor did he play to pry because it wasn’t his place to do so.

He didn’t say a word, even as they got back to the main peaceful meadow. Once the molly stopped and gazed out at the scene, Snowleap stepped closer to her, standing beside Raccoonear for a moment before resting his tail on her back gently. It was the only way he knew how to comfort other cats without pushing a boundary. It was how he comforted Ringpaw when he had first met her several days ago. He had also done the same to Silverflight too.
Her eyes widened slightly, for the time that she had been in Riverclan, very few cats had comforted her, the last time was during her moons as an apprentice. She smiled, returning the comfort by mirroring the action, placing her grey and black striped tail on Snowleap's back. "Your'e the one person i've met that wasn't a total foxhearted minnow-brain."

Old December 22nd, 2021, 12:17 AM
无尽浪潮在我脑里

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
Sunpoppy couldn't help but feel stressed out. She didn't let anyone in Riverclan know about her situation- not about her brother, about her past, about her family. Sure, she had been here since kithood; but that didn't change how her past was.
Sunpoppy simply lay down on the ground below, feeling the wind through their short fur. They initially came to hunt rabbits, but immediately felt self-conscious, terrified that someone may make a comment that she was similar to a WindClan cat. Any mention of WindClan would scare her, really.
She let out a small, annoyed huff, ears perking, slightly hoping another cat would come by and allow her to share her troubles with them; even if she was fearful.

||OPEN||
Shallowstep

He bounded through the cove, his ears perked in his usual nervousness as his tail swished quickly behind him. He often enjoyed coming here, the light wind, the faint sound of the river a bit away, it all made him smile. And it was normally hard to get a genuine I'm-calm-and-love-everything-around-me smile out of him. He stopped, smelling the familiar scents of his clanmates. Raccoonear, Snowleap, and Sunpoppy. He recalled in his head, giving himself a satisfied smile at his remembrance of names. Oh come on, a kitten could remember the names of their clanmates. His mind hissed, making him feel a bit worse than before. Shaking it off, he warily glanced around, sighting a rather stressed-looking Sunpoppy. Furrowing his brow in worry, he headed over to her.

"Hey, Sunpoppy. What's up?" He asked, sitting down beside her, hoping he didn't barge into anything. If he did, he was used to clanmates, actually, cats in general, snapping at him. That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt, it just hurts less. Or does it not? He wasn't sure. He shook his head, and looked back to Sunpoppy, wondering what was on his clanmates mind.