Last post by Goopysharkboi
Today 01:42 AM

Old April 12th, 2018, 02:26 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

The she cat gave Everpaw a strange look when she tripped, like she was trying not to laugh - even though it had been funny. No one could say that that particular thing would get old or stop being funny - it never had for her, but Caliapaw didn’t feel much like laughing right then. As nice as it was, getting to hang out with Everpaw, she wondered how much they had in common anymore - how much she had in common with anyone. But it’s just a rank change. My personality hasn’t changed that much, I think it’ll stay pretty much the same… I’ll be fine, right? The last thing Caliapaw wanted was to lose a friend. She tried to stick close to those she cared about, especially since losing Wheatfur - but it was hard when they didn’t quite get it.

She avoided talking about her new duties too much, since it separated her from everyone else even more. At her comment about Sunpaw, the she cat sighed. ”He could hurt someone else, too. That hasn’t happened yet, right?” At this age, most apprentices had foolish hearts. They fell in love too quick, too easily, and Caliapaw didn’t understand it. She didn’t know what could drive another cat to have feelings like that. Perhaps it was because she’d never had those feelings that she didn’t know, or maybe the reason that she didn’t have those feelings was because she didn’t know. Either way, Caliapaw was glad that her life was void of that kind of drama.

She had seen bad things happen as a result of love, and even a simple quarrel over a she cat - or a tom - could quickly get physical. Besides, the Code would forbid her from ever having a family… so what would the point be, anyways? Caliapaw had questions about all those kinds of feelings, if she was honest with herself. Except, she didn’t have anyone that she really wanted to ask what it was like to. Maybe she was embarrassed. All of her friends and family members had different personalities, she felt like seeing them at different times, and she had yet to meet a cat that she could ask those kinds of things to.

Wheatfur might have been a good cat to ask… but he was gone. And Caliapaw hadn’t seen him in a while. Everpaw bringing up the tom stung, but she knew her friend only meant well… after all, it was natural to be curious. ”It’s different. I hadn’t learned that much before he died. Zerosight helped me with a couple of things. All I can do right now is treat scratches and infections. So if something big comes up, then we’re all going to be in trouble.” She mewed, her eyes darkening a little as she finished. ”But, you don’t want to hear about that. How’s training going?”

@Empress Of Evil
The she-cat noticed the weird look that was placed on Caliapaw’s face once she’d tripped. She wanted to clear her throat but felt that that would just make things even more awkward. She couldn’t help but notice how uncomfortable she felt, looking at Caliapaw’s expression. It was as if though she were about to laugh yet had stopped herself from doing so. Back in their kithood, they would’ve laughed together, but now there was no laughter exchanged between them except for the forced chuckle that Everpaw let out. The calico apprentice looked away, unable to bear the awkward silence between them anymore. She waited impatiently for the medicine cat apprentice so that she could feel better. It there was one thing she absolutely could not stand, it was definitely awkward silences, even if she was used to them.

Everpaw turned back to look at Caliapaw as she responded, quietly grateful that she had spoken so quickly. Now she could take her mind off that uncomfortable. It wasn’t just embarrassment that tugged at her mind, but worry. They were growing up and changing. It was starting to worry as she had no idea what it might mean for their friendship.
Everpaw couldn’t help but let out a snort at the other she-cat’s words. “I don’t exactly know but I get the feeling that it has happened,” she said, rolling her eyes. The she-cat hadn’t heard anything around the camp, but because of what she believed, she was almost certain that someone had been hurt. Of course, she would always support Sunpaw no matter what happened, but he worried her. She knew what love could do. She had watched it tear her sister’s heart apart and she was determined to believe that every love story would end up that way. She wasn’t ready to watch Sunpaw’s heart be broken and she didn’t want it to ever happen. She was ready to defend him and stop him if he got too far, but her best friend had his own mind and made his own decisions. In the end it would be up to him what happened and Everpaw would be powerless to stop him. She liked to think that it wouldn’t happen for a while, that soon enough she would be able to weave some sense into his mind, but with the way he was going, there was no doubt that sooner or later, he would be wounded.

“That’s nice of him. Probably the nicest thing WindClan will ever do for us,” she remarked, saying the last part as a snarl. She couldn’t help but wonder why Zerosight was even helping the ThunderClan medicine cat when they were each a nemesis to the other. And why was Blazingstar allowing this? Or maybe Blazingstar didn’t know. The calico’s hues darkened a little as well, worry shadowing them. Those words were words that no cat wanted to hear coming from their medicine cat. Shaking her pelt, she pushed the dark thoughts to the back of her mind, ready for her to worry about later and not now. “It’s going alright,” she said. “It shouldn’t be long before my mentor starts assessing me,” she remarked. She was reaching the age that most cats were when they became warriors. Surely it wouldn’t be long before she was tested too.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old April 12th, 2018, 04:21 AM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmbreFeather View Post
(This is going to be quick because i have to go)
Swallowshine looked at Watertail with a little alarm. Swear not to tell what? She wanted to ask, but instead mewed, "Of course, Watertail." She murmured. She kept the eye contact with her sister.
((Np, I was rushing too.))
Watertail glanced over towards her sister. “Good, I can tell you then.” She meowed quietly, placing her forepaws in front of her chest. “I’ve been wanting to tell you, and when you found my scratch,” she paused to look at her flank. “I knew it was time to confess.” She took a long breath. “I’ve been training in the Darkforest.” She whispered, unsheathing her claws and sheathing them repeatedly.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old April 12th, 2018, 06:41 AM
led into temptation

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppystep View Post
Larkshine saw movement at the corner of her eye. She turned to see Ebonypaw's tail signaling her. She then saw the distant squirrel and crouched down behind the tom. The warrior waited patiently for him to catch the prey, her whiskers twitching with a spark of interest.
Ebonypaw moved forward, his claws digging into the earth as he moved his tail low to the ground, then moving with a burst of energy. He launched on the squirrel, digging his claws into it as he bit the animal's neck. He quickly dug the earth, pulling it over the animal. "Well come back, we should get more prey first."
Old April 12th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Subscribe to Amazingphil

My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myik View Post

Ebonypaw moved forward, his claws digging into the earth as he moved his tail low to the ground, then moving with a burst of energy. He launched on the squirrel, digging his claws into it as he bit the animal's neck. He quickly dug the earth, pulling it over the animal. "Well come back, we should get more prey first."
"Nice one," Larkshine complimented. She then nodded towards the apprentice. "Okay," She responded. "This place is filled with prey, so it won't be long before we have too much to carry." She then gazed around, her eyes set on a small area. The warrior flicked her tail to point to it. "I'll hunt over there, it seems to have some mice."
Old April 12th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fishie View Post

((Np, I was rushing too.))
Watertail glanced over towards her sister. “Good, I can tell you then.” She meowed quietly, placing her forepaws in front of her chest. “I’ve been wanting to tell you, and when you found my scratch,” she paused to look at her flank. “I knew it was time to confess.” She took a long breath. “I’ve been training in the Darkforest.” She whispered, unsheathing her claws and sheathing them repeatedly.
Her words struck Swallowshine like a fierce blow. She couldn't find the words. She didn't know what to say. Swallowshine felt her panic bubbling up, and she blurted out, "I-I need to get some air." She shoved her way out of the thicket and darted in the direction of camp before Watertail could say another word.

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old April 12th, 2018, 02:57 PM
boo

Quote:

Her words struck Swallowshine like a fierce blow. She couldn't find the words. She didn't know what to say. Swallowshine felt her panic bubbling up, and she blurted out, "I-I need to get some air." She shoved her way out of the thicket and darted in the direction of camp before Watertail could say another word.
Watertail cursed herself. I KNEW IT I SHOULDNT HAVE TOLD HER IM AN IDIOT I NEED TO FIND HER NO STAY HERE was ringing over and over in her head, as she lay stricken beneath the thicket. Beads of water trickled down her spine as her sister had knocked some branches, but nonetheless Watertail never twitched at all. She could only think of what she was doing. “Swallowshine!” She yelled. “Wait!” Even though it was pointless, she yowled it again, hopelessly wailing. Swallowshine has been so kind to her, how could Watertail let her down?

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old April 12th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:

Watertail cursed herself. I KNEW IT I SHOULDNT HAVE TOLD HER IM AN IDIOT I NEED TO FIND HER NO STAY HERE was ringing over and over in her head, as she lay stricken beneath the thicket. Beads of water trickled down her spine as her sister had knocked some branches, but nonetheless Watertail never twitched at all. She could only think of what she was doing. “Swallowshine!” She yelled. “Wait!” Even though it was pointless, she yowled it again, hopelessly wailing. Swallowshine has been so kind to her, how could Watertail let her down?
Swallowshine could hear her sister yelling her name, and instinctively slowed down to a stop. She couldn't see her sister, but she defiantly could hear her. Swallowshine looked up as a raven cawed loudly as she passed. She watched it take off towards the direction of Watertail. How could she? Was the only thing running through her head as she flopped down next to a holly bush, its inciting smells calming her. I don't want to see Watertail, not now. Swallowshine thought helplessly. How could she betray me like this, after all we'd been through together? She was the only cat I thought I could trust after Amberflight left. Who can I trust now?

No star is lost at all

Old April 12th, 2018, 03:57 PM
♡♡♡

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
The older tomcat released a gentle, almost relieved sigh at the sound of his apprentice’s words, kneading his claws into the moss underneath him once again. “Good to know, Sparrowpaw. I know that you’re still young and just getting into training with me, but I want you to understand that I wouldn’t be so hard on you if clan life wasn’t so harsh to those that aren’t prepared for it.” He made a softened turn of his head to look at the smaller feline beside him on the fallen log, “My mentor and father was ten times worse to me when I was your age.” He trailed off after that, not going into the subject anymore than he had to right now. “It is wise to not eat more than you should, but please remember to get a meal now and then,” Flintheart quietly warned her, hoping that she wasn’t starving herself or anything drastic, but he was pretty sure that she wasn’t and he was just putting too much thought into it, “You’ll need food to be strong once your hunting and battle training come along, you know.” He went silent for a moment or so as the two of them admired their surroundings, from the calls of birds to the rustling of bushes. “The next two rules of the code are simple and easy to remember - prey is to be killed only to be eaten, thank Starclan for it’s life and kittens must be six moons before they are made apprentices.” He decided to do those two rules at once since they were short and to the point - also hoping that this lesson wouldn’t last until it was dark. “Do you know what the tradition that every newly-made warrior goes through once they receive their name is called, Sparrowpaw?” The mentor asked the youth, hinting towards the next code of warriors.
Sparrowpaw nodded at her mentor's words, gazing down at her paws. "That is true, Flintheart. It is a tough time for the Clans right now." She then gazed up at him, her hazel eyes wide. "But, now that New Leaf is here, I am hoping that the nice weather and plentiful prey will ease some of the tension..." She let out a sigh. "But, then again, it's not as simple as that." She glanced back at the grey tom as he spoke his next words. She was silent, knowing she couldn't say anything. His mentor and father treated him that badly...? She shook her head. It wasn't something she could find an answer for, so she rested her tail on his a moment before withdrawing it. "I'm sorry about that..." She mewed. She then glanced up at him in surprise as he spoke again. "No, no... I do eat how I should, I just don't like to eat more than I should. I don't get hungry, but I do know I need to eat to stay strong and survive." She then smiled. "I understand. I have known that part of the warrior code for a while. Both, I mean." She then brightened at his question. "Oh, yes! It's called a 'silent vigil', when the newly made warrior has to guard the camp until sunrise, keeping silent the full time until then." She beamed proudly, happy she had known this. Her tail tip flicked as she gazed up at the sky above the two cats, admiring the white, wispy clouds slowly maneuvering across the blue sky. Her hazel gaze was particularly interested in an eagle gracefully swooping through the clouds, it's wings flapping every now and then to keep it afloat. She felt a smile pull at her maw. She wanted to one day catch an eagle, proudly bringing it to camp. She shook her head to chase away the daydreaming from her mind before she gazed back at her mentor expectantly, waiting for the next part of the warrior code to be taught to her.

♡ character page wip ♡
Old April 12th, 2018, 04:03 PM
boo

Quote:

Swallowshine could hear her sister yelling her name, and instinctively slowed down to a stop. She couldn't see her sister, but she defiantly could hear her. Swallowshine looked up as a raven cawed loudly as she passed. She watched it take off towards the direction of Watertail. How could she? Was the only thing running through her head as she flopped down next to a holly bush, its inciting smells calming her. I don't want to see Watertail, not now. Swallowshine thought helplessly. How could she betray me like this, after all we'd been through together? She was the only cat I thought I could trust after Amberflight left. Who can I trust now?
Watertail looked up as a black raven flew over the thicket, and she wriggled out, leaves crunching beneath her paws. “SWALLOWSHINE!” She yelled once more, before her voice cracked and she coughed, her throat scratchy. She flopped down and sprawled out, angry and resentful and just... sad. She had no idea why, but she knew that she was only just training. She wasn’t swearing to be some evil villain! She was doing this to protect herself and her loved ones. To protect them like she had tried to protect Amberfire. And her clan. That was what Watertail was telling herself, anyway.

~pom~

Old April 12th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:

Watertail looked up as a black raven flew over the thicket, and she wriggled out, leaves crunching beneath her paws. “SWALLOWSHINE!” She yelled once more, before her voice cracked and she coughed, her throat scratchy. She flopped down and sprawled out, angry and resentful and just... sad. She had no idea why, but she knew that she was only just training. She wasn’t swearing to be some evil villain! She was doing this to protect herself and her loved ones. To protect them like she had tried to protect Amberfire. And her clan. That was what Watertail was telling herself, anyway.
Swallowshine poked her head around a rock, and saw Watertail sprawled out, cursing and sad. She dragged herself forward, unable to stop herself.
"Why?" She asked quietly. "You know just as well as I do, Dark Forest cats are using you for their own purposes. If some dead cat was really trying to help you, don't you think Starclan would be helping you?" Swallowshine's heart was beating wildly. I'm only trying to keep you safe. She thought desperately hoping Watertail would understand.

No star is lost at all