Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Fernwillow
ThunderClan
she/her | 20 moons
[Silver tabby with white toes and sage green eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
[Drizzlecloud - @Omari ] [Springpaw - @eris ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Fernwillow poked her head into the medicine cat's den, searching for cats who could help. "Drizzlecloud? Springpaw? Redhawk has returned to camp with an injured Violetfreckle and an... unconscious Mapleface..." She winced at how insane that sounded. "Please come to the clearing!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old January 27th, 2024, 08:25 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Mudhound
Thunderclan Warrior | They/them | 31 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

...... Was Mudhound really the one here to be healed? Because Springpaw did not look that good, like to the point where the tripod let out an audible concerned "Mrrp?" even through their exhaustion and bad mood. Even through the harsh flinch of pain at the tingling feeling of their icy leg being prodded the tripod's face softened, asking "Oh? Whats wrong Springpaw? I may not be a healer but Im always here to help. Id even fight an owl for another feather if that'll help in some way hehe." The question was posed as gently as possible but was a tad awkward, unsure of even the issue.

There was no time to answer though as Drizzlecloud padded in. The bedraggled warrior was of course happy to see her friend but was a tad downcast that they wouldnt get to help but greeted her just the same. "Heya Drizzle." The tripods head hit the nest again, too tired to keep it up. "Uuuh but of a story but Ill tell. Might make me feel better." Maybe Springpaw would feel comfortable telling after.

"Was on a patrol at Smallpines with Bumble-sis and Wolfpaw and we were attacked. We were on thunderclan land and I dunno what they even wanted but they kinda.... well died pretty quick and none of us was really hurt.

But Bumble-sis wasnt happy at all so she had us carry the bodies and 'deliver' them to Larkstar. There was a lotta yelling, riverclan doesnt seem to be doing well, but we werent attacked. It was just.... A lot and I got wet and there was a lot of walking and not nice. So not a good day but the cuts arent bothering me, its just my leg....."

The tripods head flopped to look at Springpaw now, trying to quietly beseech the apprentice to pipe up her own woes to the non judgemental audience. "I do kinda feel better though. Anyone care to add to today being a cursed bad day?"

@Omari @eris

Last edited by Rani; January 27th, 2024 at 08:25 PM.
Old January 28th, 2024, 09:54 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Now that Violetfreckle was laying down, she could get to work. Right now, she was more concerned about making sure that the bleeding on her shoulder would stop. She was scared that she would pass out–or even away–due to blood loss, so for the time being she decided to focus on stopping that. She could apply some marigold afterwards. Plucking up one of the clumps of cobwebs that she had sorted, she pressed it to the open gash in Violetfreckle’s shoulder, the blood easily soaking through almost the entirety of it. Still, this first piece of cobwebs was critical to her healing, so she plucked up the second clump of cobwebs, pressing it over the bloodied mass of webs. Keeping it in place with one paw, she snagged the last lump of cobwebs, using her teeth and her once paw to carefully pull the webs apart into a sort of wrap. With shaky paws, but all of the focus that she could muster, she wrapped the initial base of bloodied cobwebs into place. Now, it would stay put without her needing to hold it manually.

Drizzlecloud’s eyes darted to look at Bumblestar for a moment, noting the rage that burned in her eyes. For a moment, frustration bubbled within her own chest–but she had to remind herself that the aggression was coming from a place of fear.

“Bumblestar,” She spoke her name calmly, refocusing her eyes to Violetfreckle’s shoulder as she applied some gentle pressure in hopes of helping the blood clot there. “We will try our best to help her, within our best efforts and what we are capable of. You know that we will give it our all–I know that you know this.”

Drizzlecloud haphazardly reached over to where Springpaw’s bundle sat, and she snagged one of the marigolds that she had brought over. She ducked her head for a moment, chewing the flower head between her teeth. As the flower began to get mushed together into a poultice, she carefully peeled a bit of the cobwebs away from Violetfreckle’s wound. Still bleeding, but a little bit less than before… It was some progress. Better than no progress. She opened her jaws, allowing the poultice to drip and dribble down to the open wound, and once the majority of the poultice had dripped from her jaws, she pressed the cobwebs to Violetfreckle’s shoulder again, applying more pressure now that the marigold poultice was in place. Stop the bleeding, fight infection. This will work–she will be okay. I hope.

“It’s okay, Bumblestar. Breathe. She will be okay. Try to focus on feeding her those poppy seeds.” She vaguely gestured with a tilt of her head towards the poppy seeds that Springpaw was offering up. “Keep her awake–talk to her, make sure she eats those. Make sure her eyes stay open, okay? Focus on that. Focus on helping her.”

[ @dino. @vellichor @eris ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old January 29th, 2024, 11:57 AM

Bump Policy: Every 2 days-a week(24hrs-48hrs if important)
My Mood: Queenly

3 cats walked into the den, one baring terrible slashes at their eyes. Cloudnose caught the scent of herbs - Atleast they hoped it was - but growled to the darkness they saw. Where am I? They muttered nervously.
/ Drizzlecloud - @Omari / Springpaw - @eris / Cougarpaw - @Naila / Silverstorm - @Desert Rain Frog /

Last edited by GoldenRavenWings; January 29th, 2024 at 11:58 AM.
Old January 29th, 2024, 02:04 PM
Aphrodite

Bump Policy: Feel Free To Bump Me!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswings View Post
3 cats walked into the den, one baring terrible slashes at their eyes. Cloudnose caught the scent of herbs - Atleast they hoped it was - but growled to the darkness they saw. Where am I? They muttered nervously.
/ Drizzlecloud - @Omari / Springpaw - @eris / Cougarpaw - @Naila / Silverstorm - @Desert Rain Frog /
The Medicine Den. SilverStorm Replied.
Purrks: Lyebird's Lullaby On Silverpaw [ACTIVE]
GarlicFrog Is GarlicClans Oldest Cat. She Bites.

TheRadioDemon Is Holding Rotthroat Back While Patting Bearskull. blxze Is Patting Silverpaw. *Lunastar* Is Patting Them All
Old January 29th, 2024, 02:32 PM

Bump Policy: Every 2 days-a week(24hrs-48hrs if important)
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rain Frog View Post
The Medicine Den. SilverStorm Replied.
Cloudnose calmed, carefully sitting down, tail over their paws. Alrighty. Thank you so much, Silverstorm. They pressed their muzzle into Silver’s fur, purring softly.
Old January 30th, 2024, 08:59 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

Sitting still made Violetfreckle go mad, so she'd been cleaning out the medicine den. Moss scraps on the floor, withered and dead herbs, a few dried bloodstains, all gone. It admittedly took awhile with her limited mobility, but she felt like it was needed. After all, how many moons now had she lived in here? The answer was too many to not help out.

After all this, she plopped down into a nest, panting a bit. It was difficult not to think of what had happened just days ago. It was also difficult to think about -- reliving it made her breath quicken, heart race, and panic flood her body. No no no-- she pawed at her ears, groaning as she tried to block out the memories. To think of something else. Anything.

// @tallulah [Redhawk] -- giving/receiving a gift \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old January 30th, 2024, 11:54 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive

Redhawk
She/they | 29 moons | Ultimate Predator • The Collector • Kitty Softpaws [inactive]
"...V-Viowetfweckle?"

Ducking into the medicine den with the fish in her jaws, Redhawk blinked to search for the injured she-cat. It was pretty easy to find her, sitting in her nest. Her paws were pressed against her ears and a groan came from her, and guilt immediately flooded her chest. Maybe she shouldn't have come? Maybe Violetfreckle didn't want to see her right now. Maybe she should -

Instead of letting her thoughts get the better of her, Redhawk slowly made her way over to her Clanmates nest, ears pulled back and tail low to the ground. Tentatively she placed the fish down and offered a shy smile. "I, uh... I just wanted t-to see how you were doing. And, uh... I - uh, ah... I caught t-that, for you!" Op, too excited. She had to reel her voice back in a bit. "...How are you doing?" The million star question as her yellow-green eyes finally flickered back over to her, concern obvious in them.

[ @vellichor gift giving! ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old January 31st, 2024, 11:53 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive

•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

A small voice pierced through her ears, and Violetfreckle opened her eyes in an instant, feeling a bit panicked that some cat saw her like that. She quickly tried to regain her composure, clearing her throat and flattening her ears in embarrassment. Everything was quickly forgotten, though, as the tantalizing smell of fish made its way over to her. Violetfreckle's mouth watered.

She blinked. Redhawk, the ThunderClanner, had caught a fish? And they'd done it for her? Tears threatened to well up but she blinked them back. "Thank you," she ended up purring, voice still a bit hoarse. "I mean, really. Thank you. I don't know many ThunderClanner's who'd dare get their paws wet, let alone catch a fish." She let out a small laugh. She'd gotten used to land prey at this point, sure. But a fish was always welcome; it reminded her of... well, maybe it wasn't home anymore, but it was still where she grew up.

"I'm... here, at least." A dry chuckle. "I'm glad I'm still here." Violetfreckle didn't know what else to say. There weren't enough words to even try to describe what she was feeling. And so, instead, she took a bite from the fish. She felt a bit bad for just... eating. So, tentatively, she offered the fish toward the other cat. It couldn't hurt to share, could it? She just hoped Redhawk didn't hate fish.

// @tallulah \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]

Last edited by vellichor; January 31st, 2024 at 10:08 PM.
Old January 31st, 2024, 08:08 PM

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Sad

Cougarpaw

As she followed her mentor and Silverstorm into the medicine den the bristling fur on her neck refused to relax. What was going to happen to Cloudnose? Would that evil Shadowclan cat get punished, should she go back to deliver justice? She shook her head angrily as the last thought popped into her head, that would practically be a free sentence to see her warrior ancestors! Plus she would highly more likely stumble into a different Shadowclanner, or multiple before she found the cat that attacked her mentor. Looking at Cloudnose she couldn't help unsheathing her claws, this wasn't fair for them!

@Desert Rain Frog
@Ravenswings

Help me hatch my babies