Today 03:38 PM
New Life [p]
Last post by twizzypaw
Today 03:37 PM

Old July 29th, 2023, 11:52 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Woollyfeather trotted into the nursery, looking for the pale pelt of the forever queen. She had.... concerns, questions to bring up with her.
The lilac point hadn't been feeling normal lately, and had been stumped by it for awhile until she realized, with disbelief, she was most likely expecting.
She had yet to tell anyone, which was part of why she wanted to speak to Nightshiver.
She might have raised Ravenkit from near infancy, but giving birth was.... very different. She could only imagine it required preparation.
Woollyfeather approached the queen, whiskers twitching in anticipation.
"Nightshiver, can I ask you.... something? I know we haven't spoken before, but..."
She sighed.
She didn't know what she was supposed to ask. She hadn't been prepared for this to happen. How was someone supposed to react?
Her mind was whirling incessantly with so many thoughts.

[ @Estelle ]

Coldamber, Shockholly (StC)
Sedgestorm (Outsider)
Woollyfeather, Honeybite, Silkpaw (ShC)
Old July 30th, 2023, 03:38 AM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: ShadowClan Kits' Playden

The kitten’s surprise was, by all means, nothing short of adorable and Nightshiver couldn’t help the slightly amused smile that drew up on her maw. Despite her constant worries and concerns, the forever queens was slowly getting more and more accustomed to always working with the kittens of the nursery – to a point where she found herself genuinely enjoying it, despite the occasional ache in her chest. Though it had been moons since that time, and history had yet to repeat itself.

“Yes… exactly. The other… Miss Star, ..Ice..star. was.. Dawnstar’s… mother, too.”
She added that little tidbit of information, though it wasn’t the most relevant to this history lesson. Truthfully, it was only truly relevant if you wanted to include the speak of scandals at the time, the rumours that Icestar wanted to put her family only at the helm of ShadowClan. Though these are parts she was hesitant of sharing with the kittens.

And oh, oops. Nightshiver had forgotten young ones like little Sunsetkit here didn’t always know all the words… At least not the more uncommon ones, such a shambles. It’s not exactly something her hear everyday. That was her bad, and a good thing to remember for future reference.
“’Shambles’.. isnt’t.. a thing. It’s.. a.. state – it.. means… that the… clan was.. very messy. and.. disorganised… Many warriors… may.. not have.. been sure… what.. to do, and it’s… safe.. to assume… important… things weren’t.. getting.. done.”
She explained in a gentle tone, hiding her embarrassment behind a soft expression.

“Luckily.. after Icestar… became leader.. things.. improved. While her… methods were… harsh… in some cat’s… opinion, it… did help… build… ShadowClan… back up. We became… stronger,.. more… stable. But.. troubles.. didn’t end… there. For moons… we were in.. conflict… with RiverClan – did you.. know there are.. three.. other clans?

There were… many.. arguments, and… struggles. Lionstar… RiverClan’s.. leader, and... Icestar.. never… saw eye-to-eye. That… means.. they never… got.. along. This.. lasted for… moons.”

[ @Ravensong - so sorry again for how late this is >< don't hesitate to give a nudge after like three days for things like kit classes ]

Old July 30th, 2023, 02:22 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

The kitten’s surprise was, by all means, nothing short of adorable and Nightshiver couldn’t help the slightly amused smile that drew up on her maw. Despite her constant worries and concerns, the forever queens was slowly getting more and more accustomed to always working with the kittens of the nursery – to a point where she found herself genuinely enjoying it, despite the occasional ache in her chest. Though it had been moons since that time, and history had yet to repeat itself.

“Yes… exactly. The other… Miss Star, ..Ice..star. was.. Dawnstar’s… mother, too.”
She added that little tidbit of information, though it wasn’t the most relevant to this history lesson. Truthfully, it was only truly relevant if you wanted to include the speak of scandals at the time, the rumours that Icestar wanted to put her family only at the helm of ShadowClan. Though these are parts she was hesitant of sharing with the kittens.

And oh, oops. Nightshiver had forgotten young ones like little Sunsetkit here didn’t always know all the words… At least not the more uncommon ones, such a shambles. It’s not exactly something her hear everyday. That was her bad, and a good thing to remember for future reference.
“’Shambles’.. isnt’t.. a thing. It’s.. a.. state – it.. means… that the… clan was.. very messy. and.. disorganised… Many warriors… may.. not have.. been sure… what.. to do, and it’s… safe.. to assume… important… things weren’t.. getting.. done.”
She explained in a gentle tone, hiding her embarrassment behind a soft expression.

“Luckily.. after Icestar… became leader.. things.. improved. While her… methods were… harsh… in some cat’s… opinion, it… did help… build… ShadowClan… back up. We became… stronger,.. more… stable. But.. troubles.. didn’t end… there. For moons… we were in.. conflict… with RiverClan – did you.. know there are.. three.. other clans?

There were… many.. arguments, and… struggles. Lionstar… RiverClan’s.. leader, and... Icestar.. never… saw eye-to-eye. That… means.. they never… got.. along. This.. lasted for… moons.”

[ @Ravensong - so sorry again for how late this is >< don't hesitate to give a nudge after like three days for things like kit classes ]

Sunsetkit

The kits pale blue eyes remained wide as Miss Shiver continued on about Miss Star's...well, the Miss Star that they have now...she had a mother who was also a leader and also Miss Star. This was all so...much. And shambles was a state, Miss Shiver was real good at explaining things. She nodded her head quickly. "So Miss Star's mom fixed the shambles?" Maybe Miss Star's mom was as cool as Miss Star! "And another Star?! But they didn't get along?" How could anybody not get along with Miss Star?

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old July 30th, 2023, 04:01 PM
Still staring nervously

"Yes... She did."
She the queen gave a gentle smile, somewhat glad the kitten seemed to have understood her explanation of 'shambles' - at least, it seemed as such. Then, Nightshiver hummed in confirmation to the kitten's next statement.
"There are... four.. Star's.. at a... time, in.. four.. different.. clans. But.. there are... many other... Star's... in the.. past. The clans.. Are.. Thunder..Clan... Wind..Clan... RiverClan and... us. Shadow..Clan."
This tipped more into the area of clan relations perhaps, the queen felt it was necessary to explain this too to the kitten. She couldn't very well go to her first gathering (when the time came) and not know about the other clans, right?
"Any..way. The issues.. with.. RiverClan... lasted for... quite... some time, resulting.. in several... arguments and.. fights. Though we had... some.. issues with... ThunderClan... too, they.. were minor.... compared to RiverClan. Until... eventually... WindClan drove... us out... of our... old territory -- I believe... they were.. fed up... with something. Tensions... with them... had been... rising.. for some... time."

[ @Ravensong ]

Last edited by Estelle; July 30th, 2023 at 04:02 PM.
Old July 30th, 2023, 04:48 PM
Still staring nervously

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Harekit tilted his head sadly hearing her couldn't meet Nightshiver's mama but pricked his ears curiously when he heard the queen talk about something called Starryclan? "I-is she h-happy there?" he asked she hoped she was.

@Estelle

This kitten was so sweet, concerned about even her mother's happiness, someone he had never met. Nightshiver allowed herself to sit down, giving a light nod at Herakit's question.
"Yes... Very."
She gave a gentle smile as though thanking him for his concern and easing his fears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adderbre View Post
"Yep!" Sagekit announced proudly, glad Nightshiver seemed to like her new decoration. "I...maybe stepped a little bit out of the camp. Not too far! Just a tiny bit outside. But I saw it and thought it was pretty and thought it'd look nice in the nest!" Sagekit rambled on. She was prone to rambling when she was excited about something. Usually such excitement came from such finds as the flower, or any number of plants or rocks she thought looked nice. A loud purr rumbled from her tiny body, but glancing at Nightshiver, her eyes suddenly widened. "Oh! I'm sorry, were you resting? I didn't mean to wake you..."

Nightshiver smiled, glad to see Sagekit this happy. It was a pretty flower, truly, and the queens happily admired the little gift. Though she couldn't help her surprised expression hearing Sagekit had stepped out of camp, giving her a briefly pointed look.
"That is... dangerous. You... could.. get in... trouble."
Reminded the queen gently, though she couldn't keep this pointed look for long - after merely a second it morphed back into a gentle expression, with just the littlelest bit of concern as she spoke to the kitten, reminding her she shouldn't be leaving camp.
"It's.. alright. I was... awake."
Hearing the kitten's concern, she gave a reassuring smile, shaking her head lightly at the question. She's had worse things wake her up, this was nice - very nice.
"Did you... need.. something?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillianKing View Post
Ruekit Smiled eagerly... Happy to meet someone who didn't mind her chatttering. they didn't know Grumpybutt?! what?! Ruekit blinked a bit in confusion, but perked up again when the queen asked about who Grumpybutt was "He's my new Friend! He's a Grumpybutt. i don't know what his real name is but, well, he's a funny furball!" Ruekit mewed. "i'm gonna make more Friends Too! Will you Be My Friend?"

Ruekit piped, before looking at her own paw and realizing one of the pinecoons she'd discarded into her little hoard earlier had decided to come with her. she giggled at that... "This My Pet Pinecoon!! They Name is Coonie!!!"

@Estelle

Ahah, so Grumpybutt... Was her friend? Hm, Ruekit didn't give much else away, other than that he's funny. But Nightshiver would take it. She smiled and nodded along, the kitten's excitement slowly lifting her spirits. in fact, it was fairly infectious -- and soon enough Nightshiver found herself thuroughly amused, both by the name 'Grumpybutt' and Ruekit's excitement.

For a moment, she wasn't certain she heard Ruekit right. But the words quickly sunk in. It was so strange... She hadn't heard such words since she was a kitten herself, and somehow, they touched her heart. But after a moment's hesitation and happy smile spread across her maw and she nodded.
"Glad..ly."
Replied the queen, feeling strangely giddy. And when Ruekit introduced her Pinecone, Nightshhiver gave a polite nod to the cone, playing along in the game.
"Nice.. to meet.. you.. Mr...Coonie. I'm... Nightshiver;"
She smiled at the Pinecone as though it were real, glad to play along with the kitten's game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssopelagic View Post
Woollyfeather trotted into the nursery, looking for the pale pelt of the forever queen. She had.... concerns, questions to bring up with her.
The lilac point hadn't been feeling normal lately, and had been stumped by it for awhile until she realized, with disbelief, she was most likely expecting.
She had yet to tell anyone, which was part of why she wanted to speak to Nightshiver.
She might have raised Ravenkit from near infancy, but giving birth was.... very different. She could only imagine it required preparation.
Woollyfeather approached the queen, whiskers twitching in anticipation.
"Nightshiver, can I ask you.... something? I know we haven't spoken before, but..."
She sighed.
She didn't know what she was supposed to ask. She hadn't been prepared for this to happen. How was someone supposed to react?
Her mind was whirling incessantly with so many thoughts.

[ @Estelle ]

Her time in the nursery was growing by the day, and she was growing each day more and more comfortable caring for the young of the clan - nearly a point where she could no longer imagine herself a warrior. Certainly she'd fight to protect these children however she might be able to, but... Perhaps it was strange. But despite the constant aching in her heart, she was starting to feel good about this job, about this position. It was nice.

What the queen hadn't expected today was company. Save for the occasional kit needing help or argument that needed ending, no one ever came to seek out the white feline - at least, not normally. The only who ever sought her company had been Hawkbite some time ago, but beside him, there was no one. Though she was used to it, it was the reason why Nightshiver found herself somewhat startled when Woollyfeather suddenly called her name.

Her ears perked and she froze in her position, wondering for a moment if she was in trouble. Had a kitten escaped? Had she done something wrong, or offended someone? But no, as the feline spoke on, she had come for a question. And inquiry. Nightshiver felt a little embarrassed at how startled she had been, especially when Woollyfeather herself didn't look too comfortable. So approaching the warrior she gave a light smile as though trying to reassure her, and she spoke quietly.
"That's.. okay. What.. do you.. need... to ask?"

Old July 30th, 2023, 05:09 PM

My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle;1449624[FONT=Garamond

Nightshiver smiled, glad to see Sagekit this happy. It was a pretty flower, truly, and the queens happily admired the little gift. Though she couldn't help her surprised expression hearing Sagekit had stepped out of camp, giving her a briefly pointed look.
"That is... dangerous. You... could.. get in... trouble."
Reminded the queen gently, though she couldn't keep this pointed look for long - after merely a second it morphed back into a gentle expression, with just the littlelest bit of concern as she spoke to the kitten, reminding her she shouldn't be leaving camp.
"It's.. alright. I was... awake."
Hearing the kitten's concern, she gave a reassuring smile, shaking her head lightly at the question. She's had worse things wake her up, this was nice - very nice.
"Did you... need.. something?"
[/FONT]
Sagekit fluffed out her fur a bit, indignant. "Don't worry, I can take care of myself! Besides it was like...just outside the camp entrance." She glanced down and brushed her paw against the floor. Despite her words it was clear she felt bad about breaking rules and worrying the kind Queen. It hadn't been her intention, but she's always been quite independent.

At Nightshiver's question she shook her head, and the joy from before came shining back to life. "Nope! Just wanted to bring you the flower 'cause I knew you'd like it."

Despite being an older kit, Sagekit hadn't really made any friends yet. As such it wasn't uncommon for her to bring Nightshiver little gifts and loiter around her when she wasn't exploring camp. ShadowClan was still new to her, and a little bit scary.
Old July 30th, 2023, 05:10 PM
Moon of planet cult

Bump Policy: 2 day bump
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire View Post

HOUNDHUNTER
Death: Reversed
Pronouns: Haunt/Hauntself || Massive black and white cat with heavy flank scarring, orange and green eyes.
Purrk: Beefed Up || Tier 1
[ ➥ MENTION(S): @Ymir ]

Padding to here as instructed from deputy was easy enough. Getting the fleabag child was another story. The idiot had tried to help with a serious medical issue and Vulture gave her a slap on the paw??? Houndhunter would not have been so lenient with such a matter. How dare a deputy give a proper punishment? Ugh Houndhounter was dealing with this right now. “Rosekit. In here. You stay.” Before turning and leaving, haunt had done haunt’s job. If the Shecat left as well, haunt would just drag her back. So the massive cat sat outside the nursery for a moment, leaving once nightfall hit.
Rosekit actually complied going to the nursery a bit faster than Houndhunter, though when haunt walked out and watched Rosekit saw a opportunity to annoy the warrior and took it

Rosekit sat right at the edge of the nursery not out it but she kept raising a paw like she was about to take a step away from the nursery but pulled away at the last second everytime, when nightfall hit and Haunt was leaving Rosekit spoke a final time to him “Bye ugly” before actually going inside and going to sleep in her nest

Pikekit purrks: Well insulated

Blooddancer purrks: Nightmare fuel

“I’m going to the dark forest, but I want Starclan to hesitate” -Stormpaw

Charcter bio’s

Last edited by Ymir; July 30th, 2023 at 05:14 PM.
Old July 30th, 2023, 05:30 PM
Master of bad jokes

Gender: Demigirl (she/they) but I don't mind (she/her) either :)
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Sleepy

Harekit smiled happily it comforted him to know that Nightshiver's mama was happy "D-does everyone go to Starryclan?" he asked curiously the young kit wanted everyone to be happy.

@Estelle

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old July 30th, 2023, 06:39 PM
Dabi Obsessed

Bump Policy: "Burn Like Kindle For My Flames" - Dabi
My Mood: Lonely

@Estelle
Ruekit smiled and placed the sticky pinecoon on her forehead. She giggled. "Coonie is Very Sticky! and good company. " Ruekit batted at the pinecoon gently with her forepaw... the she-kits unusual blue eyes tickling in merryment. "Coonie say It's Nice to Meet you Miss Nightshiver!"

Ruekit then thought of something... "uh... Miss Nightshiver... have you Seen any of My Siblings? i.... i think i might be accidently avoiding them? or just not... running into them... "

Pet's name: Zeki Of The Frozen Dawn
Old July 30th, 2023, 10:18 PM
Vanity of Vanities

My Mood: Bored

After leaving Dawnstar's den, Shadefrost made his way across the clearing and pushed through the entrance to the nursery. It was a vile place to say the least. There were kits everywhere, some older than others, but kits all the same. Man he felt so uncomfortable right now. "Nightshiver," he said cooly, "get over here, I'm not taking another step inside of this lunatic asylum."
@Estelle @LongForgottenSnowyPelt

“Maybe I Should Just Kill All The Higher-Ups.” - Satoru Gojo

My Cats:
Shadefrost
SilverLightning

Sigpic Art by Rose Pfp from Demon Slayer

Last edited by Levi 99; July 30th, 2023 at 10:19 PM.