by Fawn
Last post by Idiotic.Bean101
Today 12:32 PM

Old January 17th, 2022, 07:46 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Sunkissed Creek

[sorry this took so long to respond to, it slipped my mind! just tossing out a quick wrap-up before reporting the patrol tomorrow, but feel free to have Rosepaw try and catch one last thing as well!!]

Sundust shook his head, "Nonsense. There's no wasted time in an apprentice practicing hunting." The golden tom paused, scanning the small creek for a moment before returning his gaze to the apprentice. "Tell you what, I'll go see what I can find on the other side of the creek, and you try to round up the last of the squirrels or whatever critters remain over here, yeah?" And with that, the burly warrior trotted to the creek, leaping over it in one bound - wincing as his hind paws splashed in the frigid water - and scented the nearby air.

He only managed to catch sight of a pigeon, who was, luckily, fat and lazy. He crouched down, creeping towards the plump bird, and sprung towards it once he was a tail-length away. Claws outstretched, he pinned the bird, killing it swiftly. He picked up the avian and hopped back over the stream - thankfully clearing it completely this time - making his way back to Rosepaw. "So, manage to nab anything? Don't fret to much if you didn't; prey is always trickier to catch in the winter. They get awful scrappy when times get tough."

@Shade.

“when you're with the right person, every place is a right place.”
— ocean waves, studio ghibli

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - fields of misteria

Last edited by beau; January 17th, 2022 at 07:47 PM.
Old January 18th, 2022, 05:46 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@Naiad

Rosepaw had little faith in herself at this point but she didn't want to seem rude or lazy. So she gloomily decided to try again. Maybe she'd be less nervous with Sundust looking away.

The small tabby wagged her bobtail awkwardly as she lightly stalked around for prey. The awkward wagging was meant to be tail-lashing of frustration but having a bobtail made you look like a puppy.

The apprentice finally spotted a small sparrow. Oh no, last time she tried hunting birds it attacked her. The apprentice crouched nervously and incorrectly and began to stalk the bird, unaware of it's nest of chicks hidden above. The bird was a mom and those were scary.

She leaped at it finally, paws outstretched, hoping hard to finally catch it. The bird immediately flew up but, rather than retreating it circled back around and began to viciously peck Rosepaw between the ears.

"OHNOLEBIRBISATTACKINGMEHAGAINHALP!" she sreamed and began running away from it, running past Sundust and falling into a bush.
Old January 18th, 2022, 08:34 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

["le birb is attacking me" I'm dyING]

Sundust jumped back as Rosepaw darted past him, eyes round as moons and fur bushing out in shock. He stood, flabbergasted, as a feisty little sparrow chased down the apprentice, pecking relentlessly at the poor molly's ears. It wasn't until the apprentice crashed into a bush that the tom went into action. "I'm coming, Rosepaw!"

The warrior barreled towards the bush, swatting the sparrow away. Unfortunately, this only angered the beast. The bird chattered irritably as it tugged at his fur, slashing with it's tiny talons and pecking with it's sharp beak. Sundust hissed, lashing out once more and smacking the bird into the ground.

He stood, panting as he stared at the slightly flattened bird that now lay limp on the ground. "Well.. I didn't mean to kill it. Only a bird with nestlings around here somewhere would be that much of a nuisance." His eyes sparkled with concern as he searched the tree-tops for a nest, but he wasn't able to pick out which would belong to the bird. "Well, it can't be helped now. Perhaps the chicks are old enough to fly. If they aren't, then I think they would die in this leafbare anyways. Harsh life." He paused awkwardly, realizing that conversation topic was somewhat of a bummer.

He glanced back at Rosepaw, releasing a soft sigh. "Here, you carry back the squirrel. That was some excellent stalking on your part; you would have had it if the darn rodent hadn't been so vicious." He picked up the pigeon and sparrow, nudging the squirrel towards Rosepaw, and began leading the way back to camp.

@Shade.

“when you're with the right person, every place is a right place.”
— ocean waves, studio ghibli

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - fields of misteria
Old January 19th, 2022, 09:20 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@Naiad

As Rosepaw untangled herself from the bush she was relieved to see Sundust had rid her of the vicious bird. She watched him flatten it and then sweat nervously in embarrassment. She felt really guilty as Sundust explained the possibility of the bird's chicks dying in leaf-bare. Hunting was an unpleasant necessity. She followed along solemnly with the squirrel. That went, er...at least no one died?
Old January 23rd, 2022, 10:59 AM
murder is illegal

My Mood: Bored

[ @Spooky_SpottedPaw ]

Frostfire slipped out onto the land by Sunkissed Creek... He looked out at the water and sighed. It was beautiful honestly. He goes and lays by the water, looking into his reflection before flinching back at seeing his own face... His face marked with a scar. He shook his head and lay his head on his paws, closing his eyes.
Old January 23rd, 2022, 11:05 AM
I'm your friendly Calico.

Bump Policy: Always!
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
[ @Spooky_SpottedPaw ]

Frostfire slipped out onto the land by Sunkissed Creek... He looked out at the water and sighed. It was beautiful honestly. He goes and lays by the water, looking into his reflection before flinching back at seeing his own face... His face marked with a scar. He shook his head and lay his head on his paws, closing his eyes.
(Hey. So I responded to your rp finder before I talked to Implimm.

I won't be able to Roleplay with SpottedPaw until they have the Rejoining roleplay, so I can't mess around with her until then
Old January 23rd, 2022, 11:06 AM
murder is illegal

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_SpottedPaw View Post
(Hey. So I responded to your rp finder before I talked to Implimm.

I won't be able to Roleplay with SpottedPaw until they have the Rejoining roleplay, so I can't mess around with her until then
(Alright well I'll leave this up for when you get her back )
Old January 23rd, 2022, 12:24 PM
I'm your friendly Calico.

Bump Policy: Always!
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post

(Alright well I'll leave this up for when you get her back )
(okie :>
Old January 28th, 2022, 08:51 PM
Engaged to Moonraven

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

Shiningskies let out a soft sigh once she reached the creek and briefly gazed around with sad eyes. She remembered all the horrible things that had happened here, but there were also good memories and she wasn't about to let the bad ones taint it. Shaking herself out of her daze she turned to see if her patrolmates had actually followed her. "Let's split up and meet back here once the sun begins to touch the tops of trees."

@Pheasantflight @duskfire1

if i look back, i am lost
passive & healing powerplay permitted
The Archives
Old January 28th, 2022, 11:09 PM
THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!!!

My Mood: Lazy

[ Treepatch planted her feet, stalking a mouse ]

Open

Character Site
The one piece is real.