Trying (and failing) to...
Last post by Blaaze
Today 07:09 AM
The secret domain of...
Last post by ---Bluestar---
Today 06:20 AM

Old October 15th, 2021, 02:00 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Redshrike was not weak in any way or form despite his runt status he was the product of a lifetime of weaknesses culled to become what he was today. Foolishness was a weakness. Redshrike hated being reminded of his weaknesses especially by the one cats who opinion he cared about.

So while the prod to his ear was met with a returned gentle tap to the bottom of Dawnstars chin (the only place he could reach at current) with only a pleased tail lash to indicate his mood given his casually amused expression didnt change. Honestly if the assembled cats bar the apprentice werent so perceptive the monochrome tom would be near impossible to read given every expression was heavily controlled to what he wanted it to be and he never really gave sounds to indicate anything either. A pleased single tail lash on Redshrike was a short purr on anyone else and that was how it should be.

Still such emoting halted to blank strong neutrality as his leader turned her ire on him even as humiliated rage boiled under his pelt, a roaring beast that wished to inflict his fury on everyone in this den until they were not even recognizable as cats simply blood and scraps of flesh not even fit to eat. Everyone except the cat causing this strangely (or not) enough. Still despite madness churning under his pelt like fire his expression was ever showing nothing, dark eyes fixed on Dawnstar taking everything in with the weight he always gave the leaders words. But something had to slip as the words went on.

The warriors ears folded back into a indignant angry pin as he took the lecture in stride even as he lost a portion of control on his anger because he knows, he knows, HE KNOWS. HE KNOWS, THIS WAS FOOLISHNESS, YET ANOTHER WEAKNESS THAT BLINDED HIM REDSHRIKE WAS TOO AWARE TO NOT KNOW THAT, HE WASNT WEAK HE COULDNT BE WEAK! FOOLISHNESS WAS WEAKNESS BUT SO WAS SICKNESS! HE WAS STUCK TRAPPED IN A PARADOX OF HIS OWN WARPED MORALS AND NO MATTER HOW HE MANAGED THIS IT'D STILL BE A FAILURE COULDNT THE MOTHER SEE THAT! Both options were a loss to the toms twisted viewpoint and that it was the sickness festering that won was simply the winning coin toss. The sick and those that showed their flaws died that was the way of the world he learnt that young watching some windclan cat flushing a rabbit warren. One had charged in while the rest of the moor cats had waited outside for the fleeing rabbits and flee they did, every direction and as Shrikepaw had watched the weak the injured the sick all got caught while the strong escaped. The prey regrouped after the moor cats left and Shrikepaw had watched as one young rabbit showing a defect (too scared to realize the cats had gone, panicking) was abandoned by the group for its flaw. Shrikepaw had eaten that rabbit and the whole incident was to him a perfect example of the world.

He knew that from most cats views and Dawnstars he made the wrong choice but to the cannibal he simply a choice. Now he knew that if he had to choose the lesser of two evils his Mother wished for the other, that was enough to suppress any future rage at the outcome of this no win situation.

Still he was aware of where rationality had failed him and showing none of the anger that frenzied in his core he said so.
"As I understood from observation many illnesses can be recovered no fuss from with no help if the individual had strong enough constitution wise and I didnt think it necessary to waste my time in the medicine cats den that could be much better else where. I was unaware this was greencough given all examples I've had even in early stages of the illness cats caved too it and I remained functional if admittedly uncomfortable. An oversight on my part I know and one I will not be making again I can promise you Dawnstar. Stutter will be seeing me should I feel too off if for nothing else then to try and sharpen this dull thing and test his abilities should it turn out to be a false alarm."

He gave a low nod here fully admitting his failure to the she cat and her alone, he was generally willing to let certain cats get away with more then others but should Grimhound or Bounceberry try and take advantage of this he would happily and exactingly make them suffer for it.

"Ive time to reflect critically on things at least while I've recovered and I do believe Im better for it. This lapse future or present has been removed Ive not faltered even slightly in any task until this and this is a falter that is over and will have no lasting effects. This strange eyed freak ensured that I suppose. Ill not be going to starclan until it is on mine or your terms."

He'd never be going starclan ever really, Redshrike knew where he'd end up but he'd not be there unless it was a dream either. This was as close to an apology as the psychopath could manage but he meant every word and unflinchingly gazed back at Dawnstar with his usual crazed glint chanting a drum of 'swear it swear it not weak I'll be strong worthy of living well mother'. A nice change from the usual 'blood and meat'.....

@Undertaker @spade @Fletcher

(Wow I really deep dived into shrikes crazy there sorry about the length I dont usually get to dip into his flaws, his thing with 'weakness' issues and weird complex/relationship he has with any family figures lol)
Old October 15th, 2021, 08:29 AM
eternally tired

// @Fletcher

Puffinpaw

Puffinpaw dragged himself to the medicine cat den, after falling down that hill he thought the stinging would just go away but it just wasn't. It kept bleeding and stinging and Puffinpaw despite his lack of braincells did not think that was good at all. He could not for the life of him remember the medicine cats new name though. It was bounce.. bounceterry? Bounceperry? Something like that. "Bounce..perry you in here? I am in need of some help." He didn't quite know how he was suppose to ask, but he tried his best.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old October 15th, 2021, 04:43 PM
I'm YOLOsixual &a mp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; P OGg ende r

My Mood: Sleepy

@:Grimmlin:

Bounceberry was cleaning his paws in the stream when the youngin' approached. He took a moment to step back, shake the water off his paw, and clear his throat before turning to face the apprentice. He gave a relatively warm expression, eyes closed, ears drooped; and even a small purr, seems he was in a better mood than usual, which was surprising considering the amount of torment he'd received from the rest of the clan.

"'Course, P-Puffinpaw. I see...ah...your...you seems a little bit scratched up, huh?"

Bounceberry

Bump me literally whenever, I'm quite busy and do need reminders!

Bounceberry is Shadowclan's Medicine Cat, apply for healing here. He has a semi-open den policy, make sure to read the rules!
Old October 15th, 2021, 05:32 PM
eternally tired

// @Fletcher

Puffinpaw

Puffinpaw nodded a bit solemnly. "It seems hunting is not my strong suit, at least for now. It was just a damn vole that kept taunting me and had me fall down a hill." He said with a huff. Puffinpaw didn't realize how ridiculous that sounded, but it all sounded like that vole was after him in his head. "I guess we'll just have to see how I do during my first battle training! I'm sure I'll be a beast at that, i mean you have to be good in at least one of either hunting or battling." Puffinpaw was about to say more but he realized he should probably tell Bounceberry a bit more about his wounds. "Before I end up talking your ears off, is there anything you have to help with this stinging and bleeding? I tried to stop it with dirt but it made the stinging even worse."
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Last edited by marshy; October 15th, 2021 at 05:33 PM.
Old October 15th, 2021, 05:39 PM
eternally tired

// @Fletcher

Puffinpaw

Puffinpaw nodded a bit solemnly. "It seems hunting is not my strong suit, at least for now. It was just a damn vole that kept taunting me and had me fall down a hill." He said with a huff. Puffinpaw didn't realize how ridiculous that sounded, but it all sounded like that vole was after him in his head. "I guess we'll just have to see how I do during my first battle training! I'm sure I'll be a beast at that, i mean you have to be good in at least one of either hunting or battling." Puffinpaw was about to say more but he realized he should probably tell Bounceberry a bit more about his wounds. "Before I end up talking your ears off, is there anything you have to help with this stinging and bleeding? I tried to stop it with dirt but it made the stinging even worse." Puffinpaw had a problem with talking waay more with people who seemed friendlier as it made him think they wouldn't actually shut him down immediately like most of the cats he talked to.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old October 20th, 2021, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by :Grimmlin: View Post
// @Fletcher

Puffinpaw

Puffinpaw nodded a bit solemnly. "It seems hunting is not my strong suit, at least for now. It was just a damn vole that kept taunting me and had me fall down a hill." He said with a huff. Puffinpaw didn't realize how ridiculous that sounded, but it all sounded like that vole was after him in his head. "I guess we'll just have to see how I do during my first battle training! I'm sure I'll be a beast at that, i mean you have to be good in at least one of either hunting or battling." Puffinpaw was about to say more but he realized he should probably tell Bounceberry a bit more about his wounds. "Before I end up talking your ears off, is there anything you have to help with this stinging and bleeding? I tried to stop it with dirt but it made the stinging even worse." Puffinpaw had a problem with talking waay more with people who seemed friendlier as it made him think they wouldn't actually shut him down immediately like most of the cats he talked to.

(Puffinpaw my beloved...)

Bounceberry gave a gentle smile as the younger cat began speaking. Having to deal with the warriors of the clan continually diminished Bounceberry's confidence and general mental health; so being able to spend time and even learn from some of the younger cats in the clan was beneficial for him.

He thought for a moment, bobbing his head side to side thinking as if he were listening to some sort of Melody, before suddenly, he stretched out, whirled around, and trotted back into the storage.

He piped up while digging through plants, "Y-you can wash yourself off in the creek if you like, it's pretty much the most efficient way to clean up blood unless you want to go take a swim in riverclan territory, and I'm not so sure our leader would be very happy with that...I...I have s-some Poppy seeds, they were running a bit low it should be enough to help you at least for a little bit."

The medicine cat came back out with the usual, he had sort of designed a little pill type object; it involved the leaves wrapped and folded around each other, glued together with pine sap, and inside the leaves were whatever herbs and plants the cat needed to take orally. It was an odd method of consuming medicine, but it certainly helped especially if it was a plant that had a ... Not so pleasant taste to it.

Bounceberry began to chew up the leaves of a marigold plant, he seemed oddly intent on it, trying not to wince or spit it out, is the plant did not taste very good at all.

"W-where does it hurt the most? As I said with the poppy seeds I'm not exactly drowning in herbs right n-now, so as much as I'd like to treat each and every cut you have, I'm going to have to stick with the most important ones for now..."

He was relatively calm and had definitely let his guard down as Puffinpaw gave him a well needed distraction from his own thoughts. Things had been so strange recently, it seemed like the clans were going in circles with their arguments.

As long as it wasn't his blood on the seastones, he was more than happy to serve.

Bounceberry

Bounceberry is Shadowclan's Medicine Cat, apply for healing here. He has a semi-open den policy, make sure to read the rules!
Old October 23rd, 2021, 01:43 AM
eternally tired

// @Fletcher

Puffinpaw

Puffinpaw was definitely upset that Bounceberry didn't have enough herbs to help all his scratches but he guessed it couldn't be helped. He wasn't going to be going out of his way to get more as he wanted to focus on his training. Although he was looking forward to that trip the creek later... anyways' he thought about Bounceberry's question for a second and then started the point out the spots. "My front paws, my back leg and my left side." He said showing the areas. His front paws had been pretty mangled during the fall and were looking a bit bad, his back left leg too got pretty scratched up as well as his side. He hoped that was specific enough for Bounceberry but he really didn't know.
Looking the weird stuff Bounceberry was about to put on him he got a bit scared. "That stuff isn't going to hurt right? I've heard about herbs stinging and I don't want more stinging then i already have." He said, tensing up a bit.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old October 24th, 2021, 08:17 PM

Quote:
// @Fletcher

Puffinpaw

Puffinpaw was definitely upset that Bounceberry didn't have enough herbs to help all his scratches but he guessed it couldn't be helped. He wasn't going to be going out of his way to get more as he wanted to focus on his training. Although he was looking forward to that trip the creek later... anyways' he thought about Bounceberry's question for a second and then started the point out the spots. "My front paws, my back leg and my left side." He said showing the areas. His front paws had been pretty mangled during the fall and were looking a bit bad, his back left leg too got pretty scratched up as well as his side. He hoped that was specific enough for Bounceberry but he really didn't know.
Looking the weird stuff Bounceberry was about to put on him he got a bit scared. "That stuff isn't going to hurt right? I've heard about herbs stinging and I don't want more stinging then i already have." He said, tensing up a bit.
(Sorry for phoned in response, not feeling well but wanted to get Something out)

Bounceberry sat, listening to the apprentice speak of his injuries. He moved around Puffinpaw, looking at the spots he'd pointed out.

"I d-don't know how to break it to you but, this is very much going to sting a bit. Y-you don't have a choice, I already c-chewed up the marigold and there's no way I'm wasting these..."

Before the younger cat got a chance to protest, Bounceberry prepped the paste on his paws and swiftly slapped a bit on Puffinpaw's side- he was gentle, of course, but it still didn't feel very nice.

Bounceberry

Old October 26th, 2021, 03:09 PM
eternally tired

// @Fletcher
[ur fine! i hope you feel better soon <3]
Puffinpaw

"H-hey! Wai-" before Puffinpaw could say a word Bounceberry had already put it on him. It stung a bit more than he was expecting and out of shock he couldn't get another word out. Was he being dramatic? Yes. If he was braver, would he report Bounceberry to Dawnstar? Absolutely. But he wasn't brave enough for that and just pushed through it. "I suppose you have to do the other spots now." Puffinpaw said with a slightly annoyed yet defeated tone.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old November 4th, 2021, 09:29 PM
I'm YOLOsixual &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;a mp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; P OGg ende r

Quote:
// @Fletcher
[ur fine! i hope you feel better soon <3]
Puffinpaw

"H-hey! Wai-" before Puffinpaw could say a word Bounceberry had already put it on him. It stung a bit more than he was expecting and out of shock he couldn't get another word out. Was he being dramatic? Yes. If he was braver, would he report Bounceberry to Dawnstar? Absolutely. But he wasn't brave enough for that and just pushed through it. "I suppose you have to do the other spots now." Puffinpaw said with a slightly annoyed yet defeated tone.
Bounceberry worked firmly but quickly, his paws were surprisingly soft and he knew all the right places to press to make the process as painless as possible. However, it didn't really matter how gentle he was, the chemical sting of the marigold wasn't exactly comfortable either way. After Puffinpaw finished speaking he gave a slightly amused grin and a cheeky nod.

"Nothing t-to waste..." he said, waiting only a few moments to let The apprentice collect himself before continuing on to the other wounds.

Bounceberry