ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by birdbrain
Today 11:11 AM

Old April 22nd, 2022, 04:08 PM
Profile pick is not mine

My Mood: Bored
Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

-doekit -

Doekit peeked out of the nursery and was wide eyed to see Dawnstar back.

Oh my- is that...that DAWNSTAR?! Oh boy oh wow..she’s BIG. And scary...very very very scary.

Then her eyes widened even more.

Windclan in our territory? Oh no..nonono. Nope I’m not here for that. But wait doesn’t that mean a battle? Oh no..

She shivered in slight fear even more as Dawnstar called for the other cats and sighed in relief when the leader had stopped.

She’s scarrier then dad...
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told ***

Doekit (ShC)

Last edited by Saturnine; April 22nd, 2022 at 04:09 PM.
Old April 24th, 2022, 08:38 AM
Gone is not permanent.

Bump Policy: No bumping; me gone.
My Mood: Asleep

Cloversun leaped from the warriors' den, claws unsheathed and a threatening growl in her throat.
Old April 24th, 2022, 09:16 AM
trying to figure out life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbiteye View Post
Cloversun leaped from the warriors' den, claws unsheathed and a threatening growl in her throat.
~ Owlfeather ~

She had been going about her day as per usual, when a noise from the warriors' den made her head turn, spotting Cloversun. "What do you think you're doing, spot acting like a kit."
Old April 24th, 2022, 02:00 PM

My Mood: Stressed

|| Centipedepaw & Hornetpaw | @AllSeer @Rippleshade @needleclaw ||

Dawnstar’s screech had Centipedepaw and Hornetpaw racing from the apprentices’ den with their tails up and their hackles lifted, eyes gleaming and fangs bared. Excitement electrified their blood. They didn’t know how to feel upon witnessing their leader in all her glory, returned to camp at last where she belonged… happy? Bloodthirsty? Hopeful for a fight, a chance to prove their worth? The two toms bumped one another’s shoulders in their rush to join the small crowd gathered before Dawnstar, chests puffed out proudly and ears awaiting her orders.

Unfortunately, ShadowClan’s queen did not call them to join her in their rush against WindClan. Disappointment dropped their shoulders. The breath they held in their lungs left them in quiet exhales. Okay… not this time. That was fine. The clan needed cats to stay behind for the worst case scenarios, to welcome warriors home; neither Centipede nor Hornet were foolish enough to argue with Dawnstar’s decree.

“Next time?” Centipedepaw signed to his brother with a wry half-smile. Hornet huffed out a quiet laugh. “Yeah. Next time for sure.”

The fire and ash toms turned around and made their way back to their den. On the way, they encountered a rambunctious kit bouncing around Needleclaw: a warrior that the siblings weren’t well acquainted with. The little one’s enthusiasm had both Hornet and Centipede’s mood lifted; they trotted over to spend some time with their fellow clan members.

“Yeah, WindClan is annoying,” Hornetpaw grinned down at the little kit. “We don’t think about them much… but it sounds like the silly rabbits have wandered out of their warrens!”

He batted at the tiny girl with a playful paw, gently enough that he wouldn’t risk bowling her over. “I’m sure the battle will be over in no time with Dawnstar leading. She’s one of the fiercest warriors to ever live…” Turquoise eyes shone with admiration, flicking to where the ferocious scarred tabby had charged out of the clearing with her chosen warriors at her heel. Centipedepaw nodded emphatically beside him, wearing a wistful expression. Both brothers could only dream of living up to the terrible strength of their leader… she inspired them to work beyond their weaknesses and flaws to become terrors in their own right.

It’d be a lie to say the siblings weren’t disappointed about being left behind. They hoped every day that someone would take note of how hard they trained, how badly they wanted to rise to the occasion. But if Dawnstar didn’t call their names, then that meant it wasn’t their time yet; ShadowClans fearless empress knew better than to sacrifice inexperienced apprentices at what would surely be a bloody battle.

“Hey—Needleclaw, right? Let us know if you need anything. Not like we’re fighting the rabbits.”
Hornetpaw and Centipedepaw rolled their eyes at the warrior (ha, rabbits) and respectfully dipped their crowns. Ruffling Pinekit’s head, Hornetpaw offered her another winning smile before marching off with Centipedepaw to see what needed to be done while the battle party was away. Dawnstar did not require them at the front line, but there was plenty they could do in camp: help gather herbs and supplies to heal wounds, hunt for prey to feed hungry warriors, or simply ask those left behind how they could be of service.

Centipedepaw felt an ache when he’d watched his mentor, Ivysnake, run off without him… but upon seeing Cactuspelt by herself, an anxious expression on her face, he made his way over to her. A soft, firm paw on her shoulder was meant to get her attention; deep amber eyes crinkled at the corners in what he hoped was a friendly smile. “Doing okay?” he asked in his odd, rarely used voice. The Deaf cat repeated the question with signs—the motions far more fluid than his speech. “Can I help?”

ʙᴜsʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ | ʙᴜᴍᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ 4 ᴅᴀʏs
If you use bright colors in your posts, I will not read them ♡
Old April 24th, 2022, 08:51 PM
Engaged to Moonraven

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy. View Post

Ah, there he went. He was getting huffy and puffy, all angry and annoyed. She chuckled, ducking her head to avoid the cuff. Pouting a little, she scooted closer as he moved away. "I'm merely trying to bond, brO." Brackenfire mentally noted to not ever think about what she says to Badgerscar, or she'd die from the cringe.

"I came back just to visit you!" Leaning forward, she aimed to give him a wet lap on the cheek. She was kind of being an ass. If anyone had done this to her, she'd most likely be tearing their face off. Trying to compose herself, she forced her wry, amused smile to dissipate. "I came back because if I spent another moment in the tree-rat camp I'd die. They are quite amusing, though. Shame you're too busy sitting on your ass or you could've come as well."
Badgerscar curled his lip in disgust as Brackenfire called him "bro" and shot out a paw in an attempt to shove her in the side and knock her away. "You stink like the squirrels, keep it away from me. And I will rip your tongue out if you lick me," he growled as he leaned back to avoid Brackenfire's tongue. Ugh, why did Dawnstar have to pick someone so disgusting and childish to be her daughter? "From what it sounds like it's a good thing I didn't go. How many died over there, anyways?"

@poppy.
Old April 25th, 2022, 12:40 AM
the stars told me–;

My Mood: Hungry

^ Poppy'Tail | @Erebus ^

^ Poppy'Tail padded in to the clearing, a mouse clamped in her jaws as her dark-ginger tail swayed behind her. Gently placing one paw in front of the other, the black she-cat trotted towards the fresh-kill pile and slowed to a halt, dropping the rodent and taking a seat on the far side of the clearing. Poppy'Tail hadn't groomed her fur in a while, so why not give herself a good bathe? She definitely needed one.

Noticing a small apprentice that didn't seem to be doing much, Poppy'Tail gave her paw one last, raspy lick before calling the apprentice over and swiping her paw over her ear. Poppy'Tail was bored out of her mind, and this apprentice could be somewhat entertaining. Or grumpy, a lot of the apprentices were grumpy now days. The black she-cat personally thought that they were just being over-fed spoiled rats, but who knows.
"Aspen'Paw! Come here," ^

HAWKKIT | CLOUDEDCRY | SHELLKIT | RIVERPAW | OWLBRANCH | SIREN

“ SHE MAKES ME GO WEAK IN THE KNEES ”

“ but i… can't let… her see… me swoon… ”
Old April 25th, 2022, 12:55 AM
Just a tired Transmasc

Bump Policy: 1 week/48 hours (Time sensitive)
My Mood: Kingly

Aspenpaw | He/Him| @AllSeer | WC:119

He pricked an ear forward at the sound of his name. The long-haired Tom was in the middle of grooming his multi-coloured coat, and was irked that he had to quit. He wasn’t aware of who had called him, not knowing the cat well enough to recognize her by voice alone.

“Yes, Poppytail?” He asked, feigning interest. He’d much sooner be out of camp, doing something useful. Instead of sitting around chirping like a queen. But for some stupid reason he couldn’t leave alone without permission being an apprentice and all. The calico sat down, gracefully wrapping his tail around his paws. Not quite sure why he was summoned
all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” -Jem Carstairs
Old April 25th, 2022, 01:02 AM
the stars told me–;

^ Poppy'Tail | @Erebus ^

^ Poppy'Tail analysed the apprentices fur carefully, scoffing and wrinkling her nose in disgust. It seemed the apprentice hadn't finished grooming his fur, but surely he could do better. Unlike Aspen'Paws fur, the black she-cats pelt was silky and gleaming in the sunlight, as if the moons were trapped inside her fur. Poppy'Tail sighed, rolling her eyes and tilting her head at the young apprentice.
"Would you like me to groom your fur?"
"It's a mess."
Poppy'Tail said pointedly, continuing to groom her own black pelt as she awaited an answer from the apprentice. He seemed to be in a bad mood, as all apprentices were these days. Ugh. The She-Cat, couldn't help but glare up at the apprentice as she licked her paw, swiping it over her white ear and yawning. Her jaw opened smoothly in a sigh, long, sharp fangs glittering in the sunlight. ^

Last edited by Karlos; April 25th, 2022 at 01:04 AM.
Old April 25th, 2022, 01:25 AM
Just a tired Transmasc

Bump Policy: 1 week/48 hours (Time sensitive)
My Mood: Kingly

Aspenpaw | He/Him| @AllSeer | WC:109

Well maybe if you don’t bother me, this wouldn’t be a problem He thought bitterly. His eyes glanced at the silky warriors pelt, it was rather dazzling. She had that going for her at least. He took a deep breath before replying

“If you wouldn’t mind.” It would be a lot easier for him to just let her, rather than fight it. His coat was long, having varying shades of orange and brown tabby markings everywhere, except for his white belly and feet. It was usually well kept and stunning, but something had kept that from happening
all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” -Jem Carstairs
Old April 25th, 2022, 01:32 AM
the stars told me–;

^ Poppy'Tail | @Erebus | I keep almost writing Poopy'Tail ^

^ Poppy'Tail scoffed, rising from her seat and moving closer to Aspen'Paw so she could successfully crane her neck to get a good view of his fur. It was half-done, a few spots were still matted and dirty, but he hadn't done a completely awful job. Some cats sauntered around with horribly dirty fur, as if they had just rolled around in mud and then hadn't groomed for a thousand moons, but Poppy'Tail was glad Aspen'Paw had actually attempted to groom himself.
"You didn't do bad, I'll give you credit for that."
She admitted, starting to give long, raspy licks along Aspen'Paws back, which was always a difficult spot to reach, at least for Poppy'Tail. The black she-cat slowly groomed the apprentices back, as there was no need to rush; rushing always made the fur unkempt and spiky, instead of silky and smooth, which was the only appropriate standard for a self-respecting cats pelt. No cat who actually valued themselves would let their fur become a mess! ^